God of War

Nov 13

Nov 13

PUBG Coming to PS4 on December 7

Prepare to drop, loot, and fight your way to the top in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, coming to PS4 next month.

Joon H. Choi's Avatar Posted by Development Project Manager

Hey everyone, today we are thrilled to unveil the exciting announcement that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is officially coming to PlayStation 4! Bringing PUBG to the PS4 has been an ambitious project for us, and we are beyond thrilled to finally be sharing this news with the world.

What is PUBG?

PUBG is a battle-royale shooter where 100 players drop into a map and fight for survival. It’s a game of life or death as you explore and loot the map for weapons and armor. Internet and PlayStation Plus are required to play on PS4. Be the last one standing to achieve the elusive Chicken Dinner – bragging rights included.

Pre-order Bundles

PUBG will launch on December 7 with three iconic maps – Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok – with the highly anticipated snow-themed map coming this winter. The game will include all major features like custom matches, ranked system, event mode, Trophies, and much, much more.

Today, we’re kicking off pre-order sales with various options:

• Disc Edition
    $29.99 USD (MSRP) / $39.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game
  • Looter’s Digital Edition
    $29.99 USD (MSRP) / $39.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game
  • Survivor’s Digital Edition
    $59.99 USD (MSRP) / $79.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game, Survival Pass: Vikendi, 2,300 G-Coin Pack, 20,000 BP
  • Champion’s Digital Edition
    $89.99 USD (MSRP) / $119.99 CAD (MSRP)
    Includes: Base Game, Survival Pass: Vikendi, 6,000 G-Coin Pack, 20,000 BP

Pre-order Bonuses – Digital Skins

We teamed up with our friends at Sony to bring you some amazing pre-order digital skins that will be included in each pre-order bundle.

Nathan Drake Desert Outfit
Uncharted Series

Ellie’s Backpack
The Last of Us

We are also offering a PUBG avatar and theme to rock on your PlayStation Network User ID as an instant download for pre-ordering!

The Unknown Avatar

Miramar Theme

A few words from the PUBG HQ Team in Korea

From Koo Sung Jeong, PS4 Lead Project Manager:
“One of most memorable moments while developing PS4 PUBG was the first time we had 100 people join a test match. Before the test, the dev team’s mission was to deliver the finished product this year – it was a big challenge and it felt almost impossible. But as soon as we had 100 people drop in for the test, our confidence started to build and and we pushed ourselves harder to make everything happen. We are proud of the game we have created and can’t wait to get it into your hands!”

From Changmin Lee, PS4 Engineering Lead
“It’s always exciting and tense presenting our work to the players as a developer. Getting our game into the hands of the PS4 community that haven’t experienced PUBG is a thrill equal to creating a new game. Everyone on the PS4 dev team have worked passionately on every single moment of the game to create a perfect experience for our players – we hope you all enjoy your journey on getting a chicken dinner!”

As we prepare for the official launch on December 7, be sure to stay up to date on the latest news at our website and social channels. The team here at PUBG have worked tirelessly to bring our unique Battle Royale experience to this platform, and we can’t wait to start this new journey with you.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

KAC710 said:

November 13th, 8:08 am

Is cross-play enabled or planned?

Himan529 said:

November 13th, 10:58 am

Yea u r right it will be cool

bardaniel3 said:

November 13th, 8:41 pm

I don’t think so

nanasi3_us said:

November 14th, 5:41 pm

Cross-play wanted. I want my progress from PC on PS4. Is it there?

wakingthedead7 said:

November 14th, 6:34 pm

I think i will stay with BLACKOUT unless its free than maube heard nothing but horror stories

TJ_Solo said:

November 15th, 6:29 am

It’s been on Xbox for a year without cross-play and people don’t say a word. It hasn’t even released on PS4 yet and you people are crying about crossplay. lol to be brainwashed by Twitter campaigns.

killaBeez007G said:

November 15th, 11:52 am

This will be great for all of the people who want to step down from BO4 Blackout. Not hating on the game, I played on PC for a while but the textures are terrible and even on xbox the guns took a while to load.

We already have h1z1 for free, and like everyone says “this game runs like a beta”. They are asking us to pay for it. Bad move. They should release it as a free psn game to get people into it and then all of their friends will follow and have to buy the game.

Good luck, specially when you decide to sue BO4 for copying your game the way you tried with Fortnite.

ps. I am not trying to hate, this is just my personal opinion on how I see it panning out.

CyberRekkr said:

November 20th, 7:18 pm

I played PUBG on Xbox One X and it took sometime for them to get the performance of the game to be solid, But in all fairness , PUBG was just in BETA form for Xbox. So I expect it to be rock solid for Ps4.The game is definitely worth $29.99. It is much better Battle Royale than Fortnite because it is a more consistent shooter. Plus it has so many cool guns and vehicles, attachments for your weapons. It was fun especially in squads.

glody said:

November 13th, 8:09 am

Finally!

hamazoro9 said:

November 13th, 2:45 pm

Merci beaucou à vous

livelyawesome13 said:

November 15th, 9:55 am

This looks like it will be a lot of fun (and that is one of the best Nathan Drake skins in the series

Sergej657676 said:

November 18th, 12:54 am

Are required Playstation plus?? I don’t have a Playstation Plus

glody said:

November 13th, 8:10 am

I can’t wait!

cowmamba said:

November 13th, 8:12 am

Holy……….Whaaaa!!!! My mind just exploded!!! Oh man!! Ever since h1z1 made it to the PS4 I have been wondering if / when PUBG would make it’s way! I’m so glad!!

kidcullity14 said:

November 13th, 8:12 am

Lol no thanks

txshurricane said:

November 13th, 8:59 am

Found the guy who thinks anyone cares that he won’t be buying the game.

King_Anarki said:

November 13th, 8:13 am

Will PUBG be 30fps or 60fps on PS4/PS4 Pro?

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

November 13th, 8:46 am

it runs bad on the XBOX. Imagine how bad it’s going to do on the Pro lmao I’m PlayStation through and through but even I know it’s going to run horrible on the Pro.

IxXflowXxI said:

November 13th, 10:57 am

I’m guessing a solid 15 fps with tons of stuttering..

EvShrug said:

November 14th, 8:47 pm

PUBG Mobile was optimized to run over 60 frames per second on my iPad Pro, and that has about the computing and graphics power of an XBox One S, so they certainly are capable of optimizing the game for fast frame rates.

FlashiHD said:

December 1st, 10:23 am

Pubg läuft jetzt schon auf der PS4 Pro mit Stabile 30 Fps. 60 Fps werden von den Entwicklern auf der PS4 angepeilt. Bei der Xbox Version sieht es leider anders aus. Es sol ein Performance Patch nach dem Rel auf der PS4 kommen aber wahrscheinlich leider nicht mit Stabilen FPS.

glody said:

November 13th, 8:14 am

When is the preorder link dropping? I’d like to preorder this now.

Or just be kind and send me a free download link, since I’m the first to ask in this thread. :p

maxvtec said:

November 13th, 8:38 am

sweet i cant wait. will i be able to bring all the gear i bought on XBOX? or do i have to re buy everything again? i have some cool costumes!

Aragami said:

November 13th, 8:42 am

I am very excited, but this must run with 60fps on the pro, because the textures are very bad also aa and the resolution. When this only runs in 30fps, i have to ask my self what kind of amateurs are working on the ps4 ( especially pro ) version

OBEY_inGenuity said:

November 13th, 9:55 pm

Y’know, if the Xbox One X (the world’s most powerful console) can’t run PUBG at 60 FPS even without being displayed at 4K resolution, what makes you think that it will be playable at 60 FPS on the PS4 Pro?? You’re special kind of dumb, aren’t ya?

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

November 13th, 11:19 pm

xbox is far from the worlds “strongest” home console. it runs terrible on pc, still runs like it’s an’ alpha still.

EvShrug said:

November 14th, 8:52 pm

It can run at over 60 FPS on my iPad Pro. Depending on optimization and settings, a very good frame rate is certainly within reach. I do wish this was the one game I could play with my holdout Xbox buddy, but I don’t want to compete against people using a mouse.

dizeeStL said:

November 13th, 8:46 am

20fps incoming

this game stinks folks, day late and a dollar short.

Welmosca said:

November 13th, 8:56 am

Looks like the time deal with ms has ended lol,I couldn’t care less about this game but at least people will shut up about this in YT comments on the PS channel.

No_Grace8 said:

November 13th, 8:56 am

Champion is 90..

flippkuh said:

November 13th, 8:58 am

Loool 30 or 50 freaking bucks for an unoptimized broken game ……..ill pass

otakumike said:

November 13th, 8:59 am

That Microsoft exclusivity deal is gonna bite you guys in the butt. Everyone is either playing Fortnite of Blackout now. You guys may have started the trend but you’ve since been eclipsed.

burtonsnowbds said:

November 13th, 9:18 am

Agreed. Day late, dollar short.

SinceByDarren said:

November 13th, 9:19 am

The exclusivity deal will have zero impact on Sony. The developer and publisher may reconsider, but their game was a success and is still generating money for them. It’s just another game added to Sonys console and anyone interested gets a chance to play. Anyone not interested… doesn’t have to play. See how easy it is?

What’s with the trend starting and eclipsed comment? What game or deal has outdone Sony’s success this generation?

jerk_man said:

November 13th, 10:05 am

@SinceByDarren he was talking about Bluehole, not Sony with that comment. Also, he was talking about the trend of battle royal games. PUBG was the first to get some major popularity within the gaming community. Then Fortnite got some mainstream popularity, but I think most of the gaming community prefers Blackout on Black Ops 4 right now. Their popularity eclipses that of PUBG

abood_theking003 said:

November 13th, 9:01 am

Do you need ps plus ??

VanilaGorila said:

November 13th, 11:07 am

According to the pre-order pages on the SEN store, YES.

Rob_Barper said:

November 13th, 12:11 pm

Real shame, a title that you cannot play offline and it requires you to pay for plus, when its direct competition Fortnite is free and does not require plus… I’ll pass

RaiLui-_- said:

November 13th, 9:13 am

Make if free pls. It was free a while back on xbox.

XxDark_RapturexX said:

November 13th, 1:21 pm

@RaiLui-_- It was never free on Xbox.

deejdave1983 said:

November 13th, 5:28 pm

@ XxDark_RapturexX You took the time to make a post trying to make someone look wrong. Why wouldn’t you simply google this before posting?

vyper1300 said:

November 13th, 9:14 am

i have been waiting for so long for pubg to come out on playstation and now im hyped cant wait for it

Teflon02 said:

November 13th, 9:16 am

Way to late and you gotta buy the game too. LOL not interested. Maybe if you didn’t have BS reasons for a MS deal and didn’t release after BO4, I’d maybe be interested.

burtonsnowbds said:

November 13th, 9:16 am

Snooze…

You know that saying, “Strike while the irons hot?” Well it ain’t hot anymore.

We’re good, thanks.

txshurricane said:

November 13th, 9:54 am

Yeah, no.

This is going to make them even more rich. Nice try, though.

SinceByDarren said:

November 13th, 9:20 am

My wife’s coworkers got her to play on iOS. I’d be interested in buying it if I could play with her. Any word on cross-play?

kiiddoscar said:

November 13th, 11:39 am

Mobile is only iOS/Android

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

November 13th, 11:22 pm

you would be better off getting black ops 4 or fortnite(free).

The420Jinx said:

November 13th, 9:20 am

20 fps is such a blast to play! lawl!

NOCTISpandaXIII said:

November 13th, 9:21 am

I believe it should be running the same as the Xbox platforms.
My highly guess is that the base PS4 would be running at 900p slighty better than the base Xbox and the PS4 pro be running at 1440p/1200p with the same performance as the Xbox-x. Any other thoughts in mind :D

chkaiban said:

November 13th, 9:22 am

So basically pay for the game and then pay extra for the season pass or whatever they are calling it. No thanks I’ll stick with H1Z1.

TJ_Solo said:

November 15th, 7:10 am

So basically, it’s the same thing as any other non-free game.
    If you don’t like paying for games then stick with mobile

CRF450X1968 said:

November 13th, 9:23 am

Mehh I’m all set with battle royal games, pretty boring tbh

Bleu_Hunter11 said:

November 13th, 9:24 am

We will need PS+ to be able to play???? Or $30 includes the lifetime permission to play it? In other way, why do you expect people pay for PUBG when FORTNITE is free and playable whitout PS+???

VanilaGorila said:

November 13th, 11:08 am

According to the pre-order pages on the SEN store, YES.

TOMMYMIRANDA77 said:

November 13th, 11:18 am

PLAYERUNKNOWNS-BATTLEGROUNDS need subscription to playstation plus to play online :(

mjezzza said:

November 13th, 11:32 am

Because fortinte is a game for little babies

apint4me said:

November 13th, 9:27 am

Should be a free download like Fortnite. I don’t think most people would pay $30 bucks for a gmae that has be out for awhile on a different platform. Fortnite is killing it.

apint4me said:

November 13th, 9:28 am

Should be a free download like Fortnite. I don’t think most people would pay $30 bucks for a game that has be out for awhile on a different platform. Fortnite is killing it.

jchill001 said:

November 13th, 9:38 am

Is there cross play? I have friends that play this all the time on Xbox, it would be great to play with them

cusman said:

November 13th, 9:52 am

Naughty Dog getting pimped out to promote PUBG

Darkness_Risin said:

November 13th, 10:24 am

Finally the PS gets a BR worth playing, Fartnut is such garbage, Descisions, Decisions… Digital or Survivors Digital version……

LoneStarRider87 said:

November 13th, 2:26 pm

We have h1z1 and blackout dont forget lol

LingeringSmoke said:

November 13th, 10:28 am

Fack the haters! I’ll be picking this up. Bring on all the battle royale games!

poohty_t said:

November 13th, 10:37 am

It would be helpful to know exactly what “Survival Pass: Vikendi” even is . There is no details on this i can find. What makes that worth 20$ more?

VanilaGorila said:

November 13th, 11:09 am

Survival pass is the same thing as Battle Pass in Fortnite.

Himan529 said:

November 13th, 10:57 am

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

TOMMYMIRANDA77 said:

November 13th, 11:22 am

I expected more from PUBG not only me but thousands of people expected the game free to play unfortunately you have to pay playstation plus to play online many people will continue to play fortnite and h1z1

Axecution said:

November 13th, 11:23 am

i guess if you squint then that kind of looks like nathan drake a little bit

psynetiq said:

November 13th, 11:24 am

Too little, too late. No one’s going to bother playing your crappy game anymore, because we’re all too busy playing Fortnite and Blackout, the superior BR games.

nobodyoheartless said:

November 13th, 12:36 pm

First of all Pubg was never free on Xbox you have to have Xbox Live to play it so whoever said it was free on Xbox was a damn liar. Also fortnite is not a superior game it’s a Cheesy wimpy ass Battle Royale crappy game it was for tonight’s last-ditch to make their game some profit they decide to jump on Battle Royale cuz guess what the original fortnite game still doesn’t make enough sales which was the original game jackasses

LoVe4DaGaMe said:

November 14th, 9:02 am

Yes, actually just as recently as last weekend PUBG was free all weekend for Xbox users.. with the caveat that they gotta have Xbox Live, because you gotta have xbox live to do anything on Xbox.. and Several times during the lifespan of PUBG being in Early Access they had it on their “Free to play Weekends”.. So you are wrong.. It has been free numerous times.. and they just even put it on the Xbox Game Pass too.. so it should see a solid influx of players over on Xbox as well..

xeno3d said:

November 13th, 12:40 pm

What sort of enhancements can we expect for the Pro?

guitarzan81 said:

November 13th, 12:43 pm

Ugh. I told myself that I wasn’t going to buy this game a third time. Then I hear it’s going to be released on my birthday. What’s a guy to do?

Alastor424 said:

November 13th, 12:46 pm

Day late and a dollar short

AceRulez said:

November 13th, 1:01 pm

Wheres the pre order on store ?

Cassedaway said:

November 13th, 1:02 pm

This was pretty exciting news today! Until I see YOU NEED PLAYSTATION PLUS too. I played mobile with a PS4 controller. I got slaughtered by the emulator players. Dual shock sticks can’t aim quick enough. This would be fun on my big screen at $30. But not $80 fun when PC and mouse are the control you really need to compete.

viperdrvr said:

November 13th, 1:29 pm

Well we’ll. The game Epic ripped off is coming to go head to head with Fortnite. I hope Epic goes bankrupt. Copying stealing losers.

B-rAd_RoCkS02 said:

November 13th, 4:21 pm

You’re an idiot kid…. first of all, PUBG didn’t create the Battle Royale genre so they don’t own it to begin with, they even took on Epic Games in a lawsuit and still lost, and nothing in Fortnite BESIDES the shooting enemies part is like PUBG in anyway, keep dreaming that your little Chinese devs who could care less about their game that’s dying already could take down a company with WAY much more money than they’ll ever have ;)

infamousgodV2_0 said:

November 13th, 2:52 pm

I wouldn’t pay $30 for this trash though i’ve been playing it for free over on the xbox 1 x and it is what it is. Save your $30 PlayStation fan wait till it goes to plus next year.

cowmamba said:

November 13th, 3:02 pm

Really feel $30 is a bit steep.

reese6385 said:

November 13th, 3:15 pm

Pubg has prob has the smallest team of Developers between call of do do and fartnight I been playing on the xbox and mobile and now I’ll get it for the 4!

ip_man92 said:

November 13th, 3:24 pm

Give it a few months peeps, it’ll be free on ps plus before you know it

TYE_5000 said:

November 14th, 5:42 pm

i hope they change it to free to play

PedroHorace said:

November 13th, 4:17 pm

Will you be able to connect a keyboard and mouse have a customizable key bindings? And will it function correctly?

mschulze00 said:

November 13th, 4:59 pm

dead game

mtkearshot said:

November 13th, 5:39 pm

Honestly, i thought it was going to be free to play at this point. I wish it runs at least at 30 fps (because it’s horrible on Xbox)

PAGE 1 2