Knack 2

Nov 27

Nov 27

PlayStation VR Borderlands 2 VR and Beat Saber Bundle Launches December 14

Face off against the galaxy’s most charming psychopathic dictator and slash hand-crafted beats to a pulse-pumping soundtrack in our newest PS VR bundle.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

Today, we’re excited to announce the new PlayStation VR Borderlands 2 VR and Beat Saber Bundle that will give you access to two action-packed VR games.

Borderlands 2 VR is the latest blockbuster experience to come to the immersive platform, bringing the iconic shooting-looting world of Pandora to life like never before. Virtually become a treasure-seeking Vault Hunter facing off against the galaxy’s most charming psychopathic dictator — Handsome Jack — with nothing but your wits and your arsenal of 87 bazillion guns.

Meanwhile, if you feel like testing out your dancing skills, it’s time to get moving with Beat Games’ VR rhythm game, Beat Saber. Use your sabers to slash the beats as they come flying through a futuristic world to keep up with great music and sounds that are perfectly fitted to each of the handcrafted levels.

The PS VR Borderlands 2 VR and Beat Saber Bundle hits store shelves on December 14 across the U.S. and Canada for $349.99 USD / $449.99 CAD, same day as the launch of Borderlands 2 VR. The bundle includes:

• One PS VR system
  • One PlayStation Camera
  • One Demo Disc 2.0
  • Two PlayStation Move Motion controllers
  • Borderlands 2 and Beat Saber digital game vouchers (internet required to download)

With PS VR, you can discover a whole new world of play — 340 PS VR games and experiences are available now, with new titles on the horizon like Blood & Truth, Ghost Giant, Star Child, and more.

Let us know which games you’re excited to play in the comments below!

Add Your Own

cusman said:

November 27th, 6:07 am

My favorite PSVR game to date has been ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission

I have also really enjoyed Superhot VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, and Firewall Zero Hour

Looking forward to trying out Beat Saber. Not sure if I will be getting Borderlands 2 VR, but I will look for its reviews.

StrifeFan said:

November 27th, 6:55 am

Is there a way to teleport within astrobot rescue mission? Whenever I move the camera in the demo I feel motion sick, preventing me from purchasing the game.

spoonTRex said:

November 27th, 7:38 am

StrifeFan: there is no teleport option, unfortunately. I had a friend come over and try the game, and felt the same way you did when the game would move forward on it’s own. The disconnect was uncomfortable on him. He kept trying the game, though, on another day, and ended up getting the VR pack with Astro Bot. Maybe it can be overcome once you get used to it?

Link01 said:

November 27th, 6:57 am

Please tell me you can turn off teleporting in Borderlands VR :(.

spurs77 said:

November 27th, 7:57 am

Yep. There are 2 options, teleport and standard movement using ds4.

Tatanka2007 said:

November 27th, 12:51 pm

I feel for people who get sick playing VR, but crippled VR makes the rest of us sick. Click-turning, teleporting, and shrinking FOV destroy the immersion of VR. Sometimes games really bury all the options for unleashing the full experience—thinking of Doom VFR and Skyrim.

xanith02100 said:

November 27th, 8:18 am

Alright, I see you PlayStation. This might set me over the edge to finally pick up a PSVR. I’m sure those games in the other bundles are fine, but this one finally has two games I actually want to play in VR!

uesc said:

November 27th, 9:52 am

I wish there was a way to test out the PSVR. I wear glasses and I don’t know if the visor would fit. No game shops in my area have demo units to test out, and I wouldn’t want to buy a headset then discover it won’t fit my glasses.

vehe29 said:

November 27th, 10:02 am

Uesc: i was worried Also, but i just bought it and it Works great with glasses, you can move the screen back and farward So the glasses wont touch the screen.
    Try it, And in the worst case, sell it second hand for 50$ less.

pody said:

November 27th, 10:07 am

I got mine today. I use glasses and it’s been no problem at all. They fit snugly in with the headset.

GunnerFCm said:

November 27th, 10:08 am

Another glasses-wearer here, and I don’t have any problems with the headset. One tip though: clean your glasses before you play! Nothing like focusing on a screen a few inches in front of your face to make you realize how filthy your glasses are… or maybe that’s just me?

Tatanka2007 said:

November 27th, 12:40 pm

Another glasses tip: Don’t push your VR headset so far forward that the VR lens rubs against the lens of your glasses. You can easily scratch both in doing so.

kandykidzero said:

November 27th, 12:13 pm

Was just telling a friend yesterday: “Yeah, I am interested in VR, but not to the point I would buy it yet. If they came out with a Beat Saber Bundle, it would be harder to stay away though.”

Dear FBI/Sony/Facebook/Google – Please put some time between when I say something and when you do this stuff. It seems like you are trying too hard.

Tomoprime said:

November 27th, 12:49 pm

Your body will become more used to the forward motion as the more you play. Start with Moss and the smaller does of Free VR games and demos before going full force. Playroom VR is a great place to start. I was exhausted playing VR the first week. After that break in period PSVR can be quite rewarding.

Arn_1 said:

November 27th, 5:45 pm

This is great. It seems like Sony is really pushing their VR ecosystem now. Beat Saber is reviewing well. Hopefully Borderlands is good enough to justify the VR effort. I jumped back into the PSVR ecosystem, thanks to the great sales last week. Hopefully this level of push will continue. Given the level of excitement surrounding Astrobot, I hope Sony is working on DLC or something similar. We also need a good exclusive RPG. Looking forward to the 2019 lineup. Where’s StarChild???

Adzinthe said:

November 28th, 5:10 pm

I love the look of this package, hope it comes out in Australia at a decent price!

EstevezJuan said:

November 28th, 9:16 pm

Will this be available in Australia? The Creed VR bundle never made it here.