God of War

Dec 13

Dec 13

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining DLC Out December 21

Featuring Peter Parker’s suit from the upcoming Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse film and the return of Silver Sable.

Ryan Smith's Avatar Posted by Game Director, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, thank you all for your continued and tremendous support of
Marvel’s Spider-Man
since its September launch. Since then, we have launched two chapters of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps, the game’s DLC, shining the spotlight on Black Cat, Hammerhead, and the Maggia. We’re thrilled to announce the series will wrap up on December 21 with the release of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining. We loved having Silver Sable in Marvel’s Spider-Man, and we wanted to give players even more time with her.

We have a brand-new teaser trailer here to give you a glimpse of the conclusion!

Silver Sable has stormed back to reclaim her stolen Sable International tech. With New York Police Chief Yuri Watanabe on administrative leave following her exploits against Hammerhead, Spider-Man will have to rely on unlikely allies to keep Marvel’s New York safe.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining features new missions, new and upgraded enemy and crime types, along with upgraded Hammerhead bases and storyline quests. There will also be new trophies, challenges, and three new suits for players to unlock.

We’re also very excited to be partnering with Sony Pictures on the upcoming film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, in theaters December 14. We are offering a special promotion where users who pre-order the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse film from PlayStation Store will receive a voucher for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining*, a dynamic theme, and avatars as their pre-order incentive**. As you may have seen at the end of our teaser trailer, we have included Peter Parker’s suit from the movie into our third DLC chapter. Pre-orders for the movie officially start tomorrow and then you’ll be able to unlock and swing around in the film’s version of Peter Parker’s suit once Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining launches on December 21!

It was a real pleasure working in partnership with Sony Pictures and Marvel to bring this suit to the game — and we can’t wait to see what you do in photo mode with it! You’ll also be able to unlock the Cyborg Spider-Man suit and the Aaron Aikman Spider-Armor.

We also have new art from acclaimed Marvel artist and suit designer Adi Granov. With this, the whole triptych is now complete, with images for all three chapters.

You can pre-order Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining for $9.99 USD MSRP on PlayStation Store. Of course, if you haven’t tried any of the post-launch content yet, you also can buy the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps bundle of all three chapters for $24.99 USD MSRP and start playing the first two chapters now. Haven’t played Marvel’s Spider-Man yet? The Digital Deluxe Edition is an especially good value at $79.99 USD MSRP, as it includes the full game and all three chapters of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps.

It’s been a crazy ride for us here at Insomniac Games as we have spent the rest of 2018 developing this additional content for Marvel’s Spider-Man. We’ve been so grateful for all of your notes, comments, feedback, and support over these last few months. We hope you enjoy Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining when it releases on December 21!

That’s it for us for now — but for all the latest — be sure to follow Insomniac Games on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

-Ryan Smith

*Marvel’s Spider-Man required to play Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps’ chapters. Base game not included.
**Pre-order incentives will become available starting December 21. Limit one (1) per account on PlayStation Network. Voucher expires March 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

Add Your Own

The-Reject-Kill said:

December 13th, 6:11 am

Damn, those suits are beyond disappointing… I wanted TASM1! :(
Not to mention the number of people that are gonna be PISSED that they didn’t have the Raimi suit… Like… Wow…

Alastor424 said:

December 13th, 6:15 am

You guys are awesome! Your team should be proud! I personally have been waiting for the third release so I can play them all at once, but I destroyed the main game within the first 3 days it came out!

Congratulations on a successful game and I can’t wait to see what you have in store next? Maybe another Ratchet? Another Marvel? Sunset 2? Or something new? Either way, I know you will do an amazing job and I look forward to it!

JurreDSWM said:

December 13th, 6:31 am

This is AMAZING! Thank you so much Insomniac Games, Marvel and Sony! I can’t wait! :D

CockneyCharmer said:

December 13th, 6:38 am

Just came home from watching Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse and it is fantastic……to then see the release date for Silver Lining is icing on the cake but….really, you put Peter Parker’s costume in the DLC from the film, not even the sweat pants version and you ignore Miles Morales’ suit?…..was really hoping and hyped to have that suit in the DLC instead of well…another standard Spider-Man costume. Do you remember who the star of that film is right? wasted opportunity

Welmosca said:

December 13th, 11:07 am

Please be quiet,we don’t need any more of that dumb b in the game.

CockneyCharmer said:

December 13th, 2:32 pm

is that supposed to actually mean something in English…dumb?

DJ7291 said:

December 13th, 6:55 pm

My man, you really think they’re gonna add Miles’ suit as a dlc suit when he’s probably gonna be playable in a sqeuel? LOL

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

December 14th, 1:43 am

why would you want to ruin your game? added miles to the comics caused it to spiral down in sales. i doubt they want poor sales for a first party title.

teamed209 said:

December 13th, 6:53 am

Sad to see the DLC end, was hoping for another chapter on top of this one. Get to work on the sequal asap, we need Venom, Carnage, Kraven, Morbius etc.

Substance-D said:

December 13th, 6:58 am

I wish there was more dlc to come- new locations etc. I find after I beat the 1 dlc, and get all the suits, I don’t continue playing that much longer, probably because I’ve got all the trophies. I’ve definitely sunk more than 80+ hours into the game, but I just wish there was more to pull me in beyond this DLC Story arc /

Slips_Narutomate said:

December 13th, 7:02 am

Thank you for this game, insomniac : ). One of the best I’ve ever played.

sonic171000 said:

December 13th, 7:18 am

That suit selection… Just why?

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

December 14th, 1:46 am

I still wonder why the chose Ben’s worst costume the red and black from when it was Kaine as Scarlet Spider. I was kinda hoping he got this Spider-Man esc costume.

S_M_Eriasu said:

December 13th, 7:33 am

Well I’m disappointed with the into the spiderverse outfit… we already have this classic outfit in comic book form, a barely torn version, a repaired version, and a armored version in Spider-Man PS4… I mean it looks good but it’s literally just the same thing, It should have something to make it diffierent than the rest. Perhaps add the jacket he wears in some of the commercials?
On the other hand that armor costume looks fantastic and I can’t wait to try it on.

DivineFox9 said:

December 13th, 7:42 am

This is the BEST birthday preset! Yes its today and the DLC releases on the 21st, but the hype is bigger! Can’t wait to play it! Thank you for making the best Spider-Man game of all time! Can’t wait for the sequel!

Krillinfan said:

December 13th, 8:32 am

That armor looks slick. Can’t wait to try it.

Tarheel_Mark said:

December 13th, 9:15 am

This game and the DLC was great! Thanks and Congrats!

Crossing my fingers for a Spider-Ham skin in the sequel.

glassmusic said:

December 13th, 9:33 am

That Spider-Verse costume is incredible!!! I couldn’t be happier with it.

I just hope it isn’t the costume that’s unlocked when I’ve done 100% of the DLC. The previous two DLC’s locked the best suits till the end, so once you unlock them you have nothing to actually DO with them.

sonic171000 said:

December 21st, 4:50 pm

Lol. It was.

Timewalker-Ben said:

December 13th, 10:05 am

I’ve been patient. I’ve stayed quiet. I’m angry. The Black Costume. You’ve added a lot of really great costumes, but the ONLY one I want is the Black. I am begging you whomever is making these skin packs for Spider-Man plz oh please make another skin pack for the game. I don’t care if I have to pay for it. Put in the Classic Black, maybe that Stan Lee costume they did in a previous game ( for obvious reasons ) and maybe the miles morales costume. Please o gods of PlayStation hear my plea!

DJ7291 said:

December 13th, 6:58 pm

Dude, if you’re talking about the symbiote suit, they already said a long time ago that we shouldn’t expect that one.

TallCrowe said:

December 13th, 10:06 am

Incredible I can’t wait. I’m going to see Into the Spiderverse soon. Nice inclusion of the suit in the game. Thank you for crafting such an outstanding title.

Welmosca said:

December 13th, 11:05 am

The armor looks nice but the other 2 pfft…what a disappointment,I knew you wouldn’t put the suit of the old movies cuz Sony and Marvel want people to forget about the old movies ha that ain’t happening anytime soon.Anyway I’m glad we’re getting more time with Silver Sable but I wish you guys had added a new villain for the 3rd DLC but more Silver Sable is always a good thing so can’t complain in this aspect.

And again what a bad choice of timing for these DLCs,one in each month after the launch of the game,that was too rushed…don’t tell me you don’t have anything for 2019.

Welmosca said:

December 13th, 11:10 am

Forgot to say…please add playtime to the game.The lack of playtime counter in an open-world game is just foolish.

pit_1209 said:

December 17th, 2:57 pm

What do you want? A bazillion dlc’s until the next game? Or maybe to wait for 6 months after launch for the dlc to complain that it is to far from launch to bring the content? Anything just to complaint again

kratos1984 said:

December 13th, 12:20 pm

Is the spider verse suit only for those who pre-order the movie or will we be able to unlock it like previous DLCs?

PayneKiller1509 said:

December 13th, 5:41 pm

I believe we who had the dlc already will get it just like any other suit. The preorder incentive seems to be being the Silver Lining DLC for the game free, which of course includes the suit.

kratos1984 said:

December 13th, 7:03 pm

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

EduardoLanza said:

December 13th, 2:11 pm

No Raimi suit

D-Squad3 said:

December 13th, 8:59 pm

So is this the final DLC?

Hey-ItzChris said:

December 14th, 2:11 am

Soooo…I pre ordered the movie, when do I get my theme and avatars?

crypto137rocks said:

December 15th, 2:07 pm

Did you get a code for the third dlc or do you just get download it on the 21st

masin182 said:

December 14th, 10:42 am

Cool! Thanks for sharing

crypto137rocks said:

December 14th, 5:29 pm

Has anybody pre ordered the movie? Do they send you a code for the third dlc or do you automatically own the dlc. And what’s the theme and avatars you get from pre ordering?

Rikuzazero said:

December 17th, 2:56 am

Very disappointing that they didn’t include Symbiote, Sensational, and Superior.

pit_1209 said:

December 17th, 2:52 pm

Wtf is wrong with you people? A lot of people whining because they didn’t include a certain kind of suit, I mean there are enough suits in this game as it is. I thought they would include much less than that. There are even stupids claiming for the black suit like they haven’t played the game or didn’t see the post-credit scene, unbelievable! Let them have some suits for the next game instead of complaining for nonsense!

jase12354 said:

December 20th, 4:12 pm

Liked spiderman story dlc was to short second more of the same no new vilians jst one extra villian or boss in each episode ironman suit yes spiderverse suit yes punk suit as a sunset over drive simalarity ghost spiderman defo no no is spiderman not ghost rider other spiderman armoured suits whent a bit to over the top with sunset over drives whacky comical vibe insomniac as sunset overdrive stamp on it & no orthentication ect suits what have not been in movies not tech weapons includeing extra tech suits to many designs of simlaritys to overdrive

PRIVITEGAMER said:

December 20th, 4:32 pm

WOW!!!!!! THIS THE BEST GAME EVER! PLEASE MAKE MORE GAMES LIKE THESE! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

baaboy07 said:

December 20th, 6:18 pm

Why did they just stop at including only one movie suit in this DLC when they could add the Tobey Maguire and the Andrew Garfield suit! P.S Love your game(Also just realized the Tobey Maguire suit is basically the Into the spider verse suit)

TempoMental said:

December 21st, 4:52 am

Anybody pre-order the spider verse movie??? How do you receive the voucher code and when??

sonic171000 said:

December 21st, 4:51 pm

I preordered it but I have no idea.

LordlyDread1199 said:

January 8th, 1:22 pm

I can’t wait to get the dlc pack.. I’ve been dying to get it!