God of War

Jan 30

Jan 30

PlayStation Plus: Cloud Storage Expanding to 100GB, Free Games for February

For Honor and Hitman: The Complete First Season headline February's free games lineup, and members get a 10x increase in cloud storage for game saves.

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Greetings, PlayStation Nation. Hope 2019 is off to a great start for you all!

Before we get to this month’s line up, we have news to share about cloud storage for PS Plus members. In early February, we will be expanding our cloud storage space from 10GB to 100GB for PS Plus members — giving PS4 owners even more space to keep all those game saves. With cloud storage, you can save your game progress and character profiles on one PS4 system, and then continue the game on another system later without losing progress. Be sure to check it out next month.

Now, let’s take a look at the free games next month, available starting on February 5, 2019.

First up, we have For Honor, the melee action game from Ubisoft. Experience the chaos of war and choose between Viking, Knight, and Samurai factions to find your perfect fighting style. Featuring 18 different PvP maps, this game will be sure to entertain you.

Next up, we have Hitman: The Complete First Season. Take on the role of Agent 47, the world’s ultimate assassin. Travel the globe to eliminate your targets in traditional and less traditional ways. From sniper rifles to expired spaghetti sauce, use the weapons at your disposal to become the master assassin.

This month’s PlayStation Plus lineup also includes:

This month’s PS3 and PS Vita games will be available for a few extra days, until March 8, 2019. PS4 games will be available until March 5, 2019, when the next monthly games lineup hits. As a reminder, after March 8, 2019, PS3 and PS Vita games will no longer be offered as part of the PS Plus monthly games lineup — so be sure to download them while they’re available. Any PS3 and PS Vita games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to March 8, 2019 will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

For PlayStation VR fans, we’ve just announced big discounts on top PS VR titles, exclusively for PS Plus members. This includes 50% off Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Gold Edition, 25% off Borderlands 2 VR, and 20% off Astro Bot Rescue Mission. This sale runs until February 5 so don’t miss out.

Add Your Own

KBG29 said:

January 30th, 10:07 am

Thank You for upping the Cloud Storage. I have been out of space for ages. Gonna be nice not having to manually back everything up to USB anymore.

Speaking of Manually managing saves. It would be awesome if you could get to the point where our cloud saves are persistent. I have been playing a lot of Xbox Game Anywhere games between PC and XBO X lately, and it is nice to be able to jump straight from one device to the next seamlessly. In the case of PS4, I have the Pro in the living room and my OG model in the bedroom, but I hardly ever play the OG because, it is always behind on save data.

If you folks at PlayStation could make it seamless, to go from playing in the living room, to continuing in the bedroom, that would be awesome. I’m talking, “PlayStation, Start Power, Enter Rest Mode”, Press PS Button on DS4 in the Bedroom, and right back were I left off in the living room.

technole said:

January 30th, 11:44 am

It’s just two buttons when you select a game to sync or download saves.

nmikej said:

January 30th, 10:11 am

I’m just gonna get hitman 2, makin the first one free seems redundant.

For honor needs offline support. I wanna play it but idc for MP. If not that add more single player modes/c-op modes, all there is is story mode i think, i haven’t played in a while cause i don’t have internet…

djsaiyan said:

January 30th, 10:12 am

You can play the levels from the first game in Hitman 2. Giving you this for free means you don’t have to buy the Legacy Pack to play them.

SoulSeekerUSA said:

January 30th, 12:32 pm

Yeah, they sure are not giving us much this month. If not for the storage and most games needing online to play I would cancel it.

YoungBlaise said:

January 30th, 10:13 am

The whole time i was waiting for a “the catch” lol
That’s awesome! 100GB Cloud! i don’t even know what to do with all that! Upload all the saves!
The 2 PS4 games this month are great. Haven’t tried either yet but both seem fun.
Wish the Vita had a better final release. These last 2 games seem so low quality but i guess I’ll have to try them to know for sure.
MGS4 was a great game on the PS3 (My first MGS game).
Long Live the Vita!

Havok83 said:

January 30th, 10:14 am

Is Hitman the GoTY edition or just the original 8 episodes?

djsaiyan said:

January 30th, 10:37 am

Since the “The Complete First Season” version is gone from the store, it appears to be the GOTY edition. Unless they’re adding it back on.

SliK6SiK said:

January 30th, 10:14 am

If March lineup updates on March 5th, then the PS3/ VITA should as well. That’s just wrong that Feb is extended until the 8th. Should’ve picked a better date or extended it a month because I thought March would be the last.

Also, I echo other comments that you ended on a disappointing note when many JRPGs were never offered. Much of last couple of years were disappointing for both. You could’ve offered choices for repeats to people who didn’t have Plus during earlier months when better quality titles were given if you were so steadfast on that rule.

I couldn’t care much about 100 GB when doubling it to 20 GB would’ve been enough for most people. When USB backup is an option and most saves aren’t protected.

That perk doesn’t begin to make up for what’s ending, especially when GWG offers 360 games that you can keep forever even if your sub lapses, along with BC, which I hope you’re bringing to PS5 using the physical disc and PS4 digital purchases, without involving PS Now. Don’t forget what made you get ahead this gen.

Xollas said:

January 30th, 1:35 pm

You know if PS5 doesn’t have backwards compatibility they already *bleeped* all the way up. It would be such a deal breaker for so many people if PS5 is not backwards compatibile. Also the Blue Ray drive needs to be a 4K HDR reader idk why they forgot it on the pro so I had to buy a Samsung ultra hd hdr player and I’d like to sell it before next console generation.

stalemate666 said:

January 30th, 10:19 am

How many games are we getting next month?

Exalted_Knight said:

January 30th, 10:21 am

Great way to end the PlayStation 3 IGC (Instant Game Collection).

I’m stoked because I can play through the entire Metal Gear Solid story on my PlayStation 3.

MGS (PSOne Classic)
MGS HD Collection (Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater)
MGS Peace Walker HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots
Metal Gear Solid V: Zero Mission

I have Phantom Pain on the PlayStation 4.

Side note too bad MGS could not be made into a PS4 collection.

firstplyr said:

January 30th, 10:32 am

Awesome lineup this month two games I have really wanted to play and just couldn’t pull the trigger to buy them

tonydamiani said:

January 30th, 10:32 am

What a wonderful surprise. Thanks for the 100gb on Cloud Storage! And nice line up for this month!

Freeman0032 said:

January 30th, 10:44 am

Nice!

Crazymanwalking1 said:

January 30th, 10:48 am

The cloud save space increase is very much appreciated, never thought I’d fill it up but here I am at 91% capacity

I buy too many games only to play them once, and forget they even exist gathering dust in some dark corner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KeiyarlaDraga said:

January 30th, 10:48 am

I was really hoping for more appealing Vita games, since February is the last month we are going to get PS3/Vita games with PS Plus.

AdventProphecy said:

January 30th, 10:56 am

Now if we could only get a ps4 version of MGS 4 that be real nice… Considering that miserable cash grab konami released…..

Carromkid said:

January 30th, 11:07 am

When do the PSVR discounts go live? They’re not showing up on my console. UK. Regards from the Carromkid.
Sad farewell to the Ps3. It was a great period of gaming.

X-Mr_Hanny-X said:

January 30th, 11:10 am

Can we please finally get the ability to store game captures on the cloud and watch them on mobile? It is insane that it is 2019 and we still don’t have this ability but it’s been out day 1 on Xbox one.

XxDGWARGODxX said:

January 30th, 11:10 am

Looking foward to going back to for honor i remeber had to quit becauae servers were so bad thx for the games

Xollas said:

January 30th, 1:41 pm

There were no servers it was peer to peer. Ubisoft got a lot of flak for that and have since upgraded to some stable servers last I heard. Not sure if they went through with it though.

SoulSeekerUSA said:

January 30th, 11:14 am

More garbage, don’t care about PVP at all and not a fan of hitman and this isn’t even a decent version of hitman. If not for save game storage and needing ps+ for online gameplay and most games requiring it nowadays including single player games I would cancel ps+.

technole said:

January 30th, 11:46 am

you’re not canceling anytime soon with attaching that many stipulations.

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 8:02 am

Try harder troll…you’re embarrassing yourself.

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:23 pm

Garbage indeed my friend. Though I am a bit surprised with such a large storage space increased. PS3 era was 5GB, then up to 10GB for PS4, now 100GB?? PS5 saves must be ******* crazy.

Parapraxis said:

January 30th, 11:34 am

Wow both awesome games, and more cloud storage is great too, thanks!

technole said:

January 30th, 11:45 am

In other words, subscriber for life.

AAIG1995 said:

January 30th, 12:32 pm

Not a bad selection of free games this month another slow but good start to the free games lineup this year with titles like Hitman,For Honor,and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
Now the only question that stirs in my head is can PS4 members get MGS4 for free as well or is that PS3 Members only?
hopefully with the 10 months left in the year I’m counting on seeing games go for free like
Uncharted 4
Resident Evil 7
Dishonored 2
Far Cry 4 (or has that already came to the free games lineup)
Persona 5 (might have to wait a few more years on that)
Mega Man 11 (probable still too new)
The Last Guardian (going to be skipping it for personal reasons)

budabaga said:

January 30th, 2:11 pm

You can log in to ps store on a pc and add the ps3 and vita ps plus games to your library.

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:21 pm

You can get all the games bro, just gotta to log into ps store not thru the PS4 UI but with browser and get them. Wow I thought this is common sense.

SkeezillaPK said:

January 30th, 1:17 pm

Man…I really need to get a PSVR again!

FRmorsmordre said:

January 30th, 1:26 pm

Gostei das novidades, mandaram bem! Só acho que poderiam dar outra utilidade para a nuvem, já que não vejo necessidade para tanto armazenamento nela… Até pq só podemos dar upload de saves.

figure2206 said:

January 30th, 1:31 pm

Is for Honor going to have marching fire included or is it the base game w/o any expansions?

vitko_23 said:

January 30th, 1:32 pm

Hitman is the full game or not ??

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:19 pm

Games had always been without dlc or expansions. No game in history had been the full complete editions.

rodrigofrib said:

January 30th, 1:40 pm

> Any PS3 and PS Vita games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to March 8, 2019 will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

Wait, so will It not bem possible to download ps+ games you already had after March 8?
That isnt what was told before. Prior annoucements only said no new games for PS3 and vita would bem added after March.

If downloading them after March 8th isnt possible, will downloader games continue to work past your ps+ renewal date, assuming the subscription is renewed?

KeiyarlaDraga said:

January 30th, 2:01 pm

Rodrigofrib, we are just not receiving any more free games for the PS3 and Vita. We can still download and play any games we previously got as long as you have a active PS Plus subscription.

Deceptrox said:

January 30th, 2:08 pm

I thought the last PS3 and PS Vita games were going to be given on March, but it looks that won’t happen as it seems February lineup is going to be the last for PS3 and Vita. This move from Sony is unfaithful, they should have told us we weren’t going to have a March lineup for PS3 & Vita when they announced they weren’t going to support these systems after March 8. I hope that after that date, they at least give us 6 PS4 games per month and/or a $0.99 sale of PS3/Vita games and their DLC once a year at least.

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 8:07 am

Yes agree 100%…that was misleading as hell.They said after march 2019 which led one to believe march would be the last month.

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 8:10 am

6 PS4 games per month though?…lol dreamer much?…unless they give those lame crappy games they’ve been allowing in the Store like deer simulator and etc.6 PS4 games ain’t happening anytime soon.

paulogy said:

January 30th, 2:13 pm

MGS4 – wow! PS3 PS+ games going out with a bang! :-)

cowmamba said:

January 30th, 5:31 pm

I agree. it was very misleading and deceptive. I’m not very happy that Feb is the last month for the Vita. They should be releasing a final release on March 5th since the service end date is the 8th. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised though. Their lack of interest and effort for the Vita has been lackluster for some time. We did get some good games recently I do admit. But, come on…. The PS3 got a good final send off. MGS 4 is awesome. Why can’t the Vita get something equivalent for it’s send off? Hopefully there will be a decent sale in March.

paulogy said:

February 2nd, 6:30 pm

How about Persona 4 Golden on PS+ for a fond farewell for Vita?

joecolejr1313 said:

January 30th, 2:23 pm

For Honor. Figures……

YungShep said:

January 30th, 2:48 pm

MGS 4 is such an amazing experience and the only Metal Gear I played beginning to end.

nanaki85 said:

January 30th, 3:55 pm

Nice quality of games we’ve been getting lately

cutiwitab00ti3 said:

January 30th, 4:04 pm

That Is Pretty Cool But Why Not Just Do This In General ?

robertosn said:

January 30th, 4:36 pm

Bons jogos, enfim!!!!!

ShankBr0ther said:

January 30th, 6:01 pm

Well done! Keep these good line ups rolling in

DarkPegasas64 said:

January 30th, 7:18 pm

Whoever is Gunna get for honor add me on psn DarkPegasas64

Ismaelblog said:

January 30th, 7:21 pm

I wanted was the PlayStation now here in Brazil …

adunclinton042 said:

January 30th, 9:46 pm

What if you already have FOR HONOR

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 8:12 am

Hahahahahaha so people still ask this…funny as hell.

Fuhr31 said:

January 30th, 10:47 pm

Any new features coming to PS Plus after March? Losing 4 games a month is huge; There doesnt seem to be much value at remaining subscribed

DamienDarhk22 said:

January 31st, 12:32 am

please The Last of Us Remastered next month !!

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:17 pm

The game had been dirt cheap almost thru out the year. You seriously havent bought it yet? wow, you are cheap.

ogzhnkrds said:

January 31st, 12:59 am

This is actually a good line-up even though I already have the both games 1 on PS4 1 on PC. With PS3 and Vita games ar going away PS4 has a bigger chance to get greater games next month.

Mando44646 said:

January 31st, 4:20 am

what a craptastic offering for Vita in its last month of inclusion. Does it hurt you too much to bother *acting* like you like the Vita and its fans?

I assume with the loss of PS3 and Vita games, we’ll be getting 6 PS4 games per month now, right?

PleikkaPelaaja14 said:

January 31st, 4:46 am

If I change new hardrive for ps4 slim do I lose all game data?

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 8:13 am

Not if you back it up.Even the date you downloaded your stuff will be kept if you do a backup.

jgg86rpgs said:

January 31st, 5:50 am

No justice for the VITA. Last month and not one decent game. Remeber when we got Gravity Rush and Uncharted Golden?

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 8:16 am

Might as well say remember when Sony didn’t hate the Vita?…when they cared about Vita?…when they didn’t sabotage the Vita?

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:16 pm

VITA? what’s that.

bjornbeumer94 said:

January 31st, 7:17 am

It is way to early to let For Honor be a free game. It is only 2 years since it came out and hitman was brought out way earlier. So my vote is for hitman ti be the new free game of the month

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:15 pm

Not early when the player base twiddled to nothing…games that rely on mp heavly needs to go f2p or plus fast!

Welmosca said:

January 31st, 7:59 am

Couldn’t believe the PS4 games for february when I heard about it,came here to see if anybody had the guts to complain…of course there would be someone saying the lineup is meh haha damn trolls.

Anyway great job increaing the storage to 100gb…I’m still far from 10gb but with all the games I’ll play eventually I would hit 10gb without doubt.100gb is another story,pretty much like the space on PS3 it’ll be basically impossible to reach.

Also I thought march would be the last month WTF Sony?…oh well there goes ma hope of getting RE6 and Arkham Origins for free.And Sony what a way to show your hate for Vita hu?…couldn’t you guys made a lil bit of effort to put a big Vita game there?

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:14 pm

You dont even know the save file size for next generation. Don’t say impossible to reach. They wouldnt increase the size 10x if they haven’t forsee it. Some of the big AAA games are already 1GB in save file. Future games are pretty sure bet it top that size.

chomsky72 said:

January 31st, 2:00 pm

Great news about storage expansion. $100 is nice.

PatricioUSA said:

January 31st, 3:04 pm

It’s been over a year since the last time we got some good games. Thank god.

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

January 31st, 4:07 pm

WOW! 10x the cloud storage upgrade? I Playstation 5 game saves that HUGE!?? LOL

Fing3rButt3r3 said:

January 31st, 4:25 pm

There may be other use for that “HUGE” storage space upgrade. Beta 6.50 invitations are out. maybe PS NOW games are saved to cloud storage for streaming soon.

Tatanka2007 said:

January 31st, 8:05 pm

Like others have pointed out, Sony was rather dishonest to claim PS3/Vita games were ending in March when they really meant February. I’m left very skeptical that PS5 will offer backwards compatibility given what Sony is doing this gen. Microsoft has shown that backwards compatibility and a digital gaming service can coexist together. Also Microsoft allows you the option to buy a GWG title should you desire to make it permanent. Sony locks out the option to buy a Plus title that’s in your library for whatever not-so-good reason.

The 100 GB for save games is nice. Like many I’ve never had a problem with space. Perhaps in addition to increasing storage space they should have allowed 2 PS4s to be active on one Plus account as it was last gen with PS3 (no plus account was needed of course). I can understand not allowing both online at the same time. Every once in a blue moon when there’s a lapse in internet service it sucks to find out you can’t play on one PS4 because it’s not your primary.

Zetswe said:

February 1st, 4:38 pm

I am so looking forward to hitman

rafael22cassin said:

February 3rd, 6:54 am

Minha conta não atualizou ainda pra baixar os jogos grátis pq

OutOfMyWay54 said:

February 5th, 11:13 am

Why am I “not eligible” to get the free vita games? says that when trying to add to cart.

PlayStation Blog