Knack 2

Jan 31

Jan 31

Players’ Choice January Winner: Kingdom Hearts III

Sora and friends climbed to the top of the polls in this highly competitive month.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

It was a close one, but the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts III managed to overtake Capcom’s stunning remake of Resident Evil 2 to claim top honors in our first Players’ Choice poll of the year. Meanwhile, the high-flying Ace Combat 7 soared comfortably into the third place spot to round out this month’s podium. Congratulations, Sora and friends!

Readers, have you any predictions for February’s top three? Let us know in the comments!

Alright 2019, you’ve made your point. Judging by the new games we’ve seen so far this year, it’s gonna be a good one.

We’ve already got an awfully diverse lineup with survival horror masterpiece Resident Evil 2, the long (long) awaited Kingdom Hearts III, and action flight sim Ace Combat 7, not to mention smaller hits like Futuregrind, Megalith, and Wandersong.

But enough talk… have at you! And by you, I mean the polls. Get in there.

How does it work? At the end of every month, PlayStation.Blog will open a poll where you can vote for the best new game released that month. Soon thereafter, we’ll close the polls, tally your votes, and announce the winner at PlayStation.Blog. PlayStation Store will also showcase some top Players’ Choice winners throughout the year.

What is the voting criteria? That’s up to you! If you were only able to recommend one new release to a friend that month, which would it be? In keeping with our long tradition in the Game of the Year Awards, remastered or re-released games won’t qualify. Ambitious, larger-scale rebuilds and remakes like Shadow of the Colossus and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will.

How are nominees decided? The PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation Store editorial teams will gather a list of that month’s most noteworthy releases and use it to seed the poll. Write-in votes will be accepted.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

SonicBOOM111115 said:

January 31st, 7:05 am

Best game I have played in a while. It has made me love the resident evil games more than I already love them. I hope this game wins the players choice award for this month. Much deserved

Wracer1235 said:

January 31st, 7:08 am

I’m really enjoying Ace Combat 7, but yeah, RE2 has to get my vote this month.

bubu-1974 said:

January 31st, 7:07 am

This game is outstanding I love the gameplay and story and I hope it wins the players choice Award

Meadows0789 said:

January 31st, 7:09 am

Kingdom hearts 3 looks great, plays great, and has the nostalgia expected of it, other games arent that good, resident evil still fails, simply because you STILL CANT RUN

Hydraeternal said:

January 31st, 7:14 am

You have to hit R3 :)

boxcar182 said:

January 31st, 7:14 am

What’re you talking about? Of course you can run….

SgtHapower said:

January 31st, 7:32 am

Dude since the very first resident evil you can run. There is absolutely 0 resident evil game where you can’t run what are you talking about

Ralstonizer said:

January 31st, 7:33 am

Maybe you should get mom and dad to read the controls for you

Mavrick1976 said:

January 31st, 8:00 am

You obviously haven’t watched any video’s or tried the demo cause you can run, try researching before you make comments based on your ignorance.

Crisis_Wings said:

January 31st, 8:07 am

Running doesn’t have to a full blown sprint. You’ll be exhausted before you know it and Mr. X will kick your butt. You jog in the game witch is a consistent running that doesn’t leave you exhausted a few seconds later.

Np-Sparks said:

January 31st, 9:05 am

Who runs like that when a zombie it’s after you? Who calls that running. You can’t Run in this game.

Crisis_Wings said:

January 31st, 11:35 am

I’m not gonna start a war. But Google the definition of “run”. Then you’ll get your answer! :)

Mavrick1976 said:

January 31st, 12:52 pm

For those that have played RE2 the controls says L3 to Sprint and Google’s definition for sprinting is “To run over a short distance at a very fast speed” and using the Sprint does not leave you exhausted a few seconds later so again, play the game before you comment or make assumptions. I have cleared the game with both characters on 1st and 2nd run.

Crisis_Wings said:

January 31st, 3:06 pm

Well how ever you put it, running or sprinting dosen’t leave you exhausted in this game But it is running/sprinting. Just enjoy the game and have fun! (Btw I just finished Leon A and now playing Claire B!)

AidanSnake said:

February 4th, 1:03 am

The only RE game you could sprint was 6, and it’s considered the worse one, the idea of not being ridiculously mobile is all part of what makes resident evil fun, so you have missed the point, fair enough it’s not for you, but dont sit there and say it fails, you fail.

skrillazoe said:

February 5th, 7:58 am

Clearly a casual gamer. You start gaming in 2016?

Ryndo92 said:

January 31st, 7:13 am

Kingdom Hearts III gets my vote. After thirteen long years of waiting we have finally got the sequel we deserve. 11/10

Hydraeternal said:

January 31st, 7:14 am

I’m liking Kingdom Hearts 3 so far but Resident Evil 2 is Soooooooooo good.

Crisis_Wings said:

January 31st, 8:11 am

I know right! I really like KHIII but RE2 definitely got my vote! :)

santososcar701 said:

January 31st, 7:15 am

El mejor juego por lejos se merece ganar no solo el mejor juego de enero sino el mejor juego del año 2019 es una maravilla Felicidades capcom excelente trabajo

boxcar182 said:

January 31st, 7:16 am

Resident Evil 2 for sure.

C’mon everyone shows Capcom the love for RE2 so they green light a Resident Evil 3 remake!

earth_inheritor said:

January 31st, 10:50 am

and even better…show them that we want a Dino Crisis remake too.

XxKen99xX said:

January 31st, 7:21 am

Re 2

Yutsud said:

January 31st, 7:26 am

Flawed but fun.
358/2 out of 10

Yutsud said:

January 31st, 7:28 am

Kingdom Hearts III that is – got it memorized?

MrOversoul53 said:

January 31st, 7:29 am

I bought and am loving both the Resident Evil 2 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 but my vote’s definitely going to Kingdom Hearts. It’s like the 12th game in the franchise of a very long running series with a very lore heavy plot. And it has sentimental value to me because I’ve been invested in it since I was 13. The Kingdom Hearts franchise is also how I ended up becoming a multi-platform gamer.

cusman said:

January 31st, 7:31 am

My vote goes to Other write-in category since I haven’t played any other games on the list yet

At Sundown: Shots in the Dark

Shtokiri said:

January 31st, 7:36 am

RE 2 has rich contents (2 main characters, each has 2 endings, 2 extra characters, additional 3 characters in free dlc, additional 3 guns with the delux edition + RE theme) and a satisfying, nostalgic and enjoyable game play.
And all that comes with the purchase price with no extra charges.
So yes, I voted for RE 2 though I am tempted to vote for KH3

DogOfHades said:

February 1st, 12:13 am

You are an Honorable man.
    Seriously, we need to support publishers that do the right steps with extra features and no charges. ESPECIALLY Capcom that has split personality or at least identity crisis. (Sometimes they go full EA with on disc DLC and Microtransactions and other times they give us these gems). Follow the light CAPCOM!!

Stay true to your beliefs and keep your vote.

(P.S. I voted for Ace Combat 7, I have VR and I think that game needs some love)

bboy42wet said:

January 31st, 7:41 am

First time playing a resident evil game and I gotta say resident evil 2 is a darn masterpiece with the story and suspensful gameplay. I have also played Kingdom Hearts for the last 2 days but resident evil has really knocked it out of the park this time.

MushroomKing-man said:

January 31st, 7:52 am

Resident Evil 2 Remake, You don’t even have to be a fan of the series to appreciate the superb level design and mechanics of this reimagined masterpiece. Capcom continues to prove they can recreate classic games with the same iconic vision even while adding new and exciting twists to the overall gameplay and story without subtracting from what made the original so engaging. Resident Evil 2 Remake adds a level of immersion to the survival horror that has never been seen before with the added difficulty of enemies who can follow you into rooms as well as a boss that tracks you down in real time and predicts your current path and will take shortcuts to cut you off before you get to where you are going. It is fundamentally the greatest remake ever devised as well as an absolutely outstanding standalone entry. With this solid entry, the future of Resident Evil looks brighter, even after the acclaimed success of Resident Evil 7 which brought horror back into the franchise. I have a hard time putting the controller down. Every playthrough I have done so far has offered many new experiences. This game is thrilling, entertaining and above all else, satisfying to anyone who can appreciate survival horror.

Narwhalinator said:

January 31st, 8:12 am

Wait, actually a tough month to vote on.

acapunya said:

January 31st, 8:54 am

Best game I ever played! Never feel excited before

DogOfHades said:

February 1st, 12:15 am

Which one? A Fisherman’s tale? Lol

OnTheBus666 said:

January 31st, 8:56 am

January was a great month for video games but my vote has to go to Ace Combat 7. Nothing feels better than dogfighting somebody down to the ground and then swooping in behind them when they try to pull up and sending two missles right up their tailpipe. Also really love pulling off clean after stall maneuvers to get an edge in multiplayer. Really makes you feel like a badass!

TheLPN05Fan1 said:

January 31st, 9:10 am

I would have not put in Residen Evil 2 for vote, since it’s a REMAKE and not a fully NEW GAME. Ace Combat 7 deserves the first place. Kingdom Hearts 3 is imo not even close to KH2 in Story and Gameplay wise. Definitly AC7!

DawsonTank_ said:

January 31st, 1:45 pm

This comment is so utterly baseless in terms of your claim in regards to kh, not even an opinion that should be tolerated.

Rebelde_Mexicano said:

January 31st, 3:14 pm

Your right, it’s great and all that a game gets remastered, but it clearly says to vote on the best NEW GAME (which RE2 isn’t new, people have played it before) but nonetheless Ace Combat is arguably one of the few franchises that has a strong fanbase that agree that every new installment is great and lovable, how many franchises can say that nowadays?

Pete41608 said:

February 1st, 3:17 am

Rebelde, please tell me more about how people have played THIS version of RE2 before it released?

Verum_Sithari said:

February 4th, 5:11 am

No way have you played kh3 based on that comment…

KagatoAC said:

January 31st, 9:13 am

You guys gonna give PS+ members a discount on the game chosen? otherwise I think you already got our marketing research data :)

DogOfHades said:

February 1st, 12:17 am

Ha Ha, good try KagatoAC XD

Not_Too_Sweet said:

January 31st, 9:13 am

Ace Combat 7. No difficulty. Unlike the rest, this series is the most consistent from its gameplay to its lore to its BAD ASS SOUNDTRACK.

zeroirfan said:

January 31st, 9:15 am

Sorry kingdom hearts, but ace combat still better

berserkalde said:

January 31st, 9:52 am

totally agree

bigHager21 said:

January 31st, 9:20 am

It has to be either Kingdom Hearts 3 or Resident Evil 2 Remastered. Both are truly fantastic games. I had to give my vote to KH3 though because I can’t consider RE2 a new game based on the fact that it is a remaster.

boxcar182 said:

January 31st, 9:49 am

It isn’t a remaster it’s a remake/revision.

A remaster is something like The Last of Us on PS4. Resident Evil 2 was built from the ground up with a new engine and a revisionist take on RE2’s history. It is technically a brand new game.

disk-sama said:

January 31st, 9:22 am

CENSORED KAGURA Burst Re:Newal besto game jajaa

King_Richy_661 said:

January 31st, 9:38 am

Im a fan of resident evil games played 4-7 seen my brother play 2 and ive only played one kingdom hearts games which was also pretty fun. But ace combat 7 has my vote i love the story and gameplay, ive always liked flying in video games

berserkalde said:

January 31st, 9:51 am

Ace Combat my GOTY for sure!!!

GrandOakLeaf said:

January 31st, 9:55 am

I don’t believe remakes should be able to be game of the month.

knightbear said:

January 31st, 9:55 am

Some good games. However for me ace combat 7. Not only do you get ace combat 5. But the psvr is ace and to use my thrustmaster makes it an absolute joy to play. Just want more vr missions. I could go on but I’ll wont but will say more vr dlc please aslo looking for help with the online trophys. My psn is the same as my name.

SoloWingPixy666 said:

January 31st, 10:18 am

Loved ACE COMBAT 7 Still playing it and having a blast what a way to start the year hope they add more planes and missions PD- does anybody know where i can vote which plane i would like to add to AC7?

theghost007 said:

January 31st, 10:28 am

Ace Combat 7. My God, a game that took 12 years to come out, in a franchise that’s often overlooked by many. It’s truly a fantastic game. Haven’t played the VR yet since I don’t have a headset, but the engaging campaign story, competitive multiplayer, the absolutely beautiful aesthetics, smooth as butter to control, and Keiki Kobayashi san delivers yet again with an awesome soundtrack. Seriously if you’ve never played one of these games, start now with this one!

LucL431999 said:

January 31st, 10:42 am

I always enjoyed Ace combat games since PS2, I’ve been waiting for Ace combat 7 for so long and I’m not disappointed. My vote goes here.

earth_inheritor said:

January 31st, 10:49 am

Originally i thought Kingdom Hearts would have this in the bag. But Resident Evil 2 is getting a hell of a lot of attention.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

January 31st, 11:12 am

It’s tough having to choose between KH3 and RE2. They both deserve the win this month, but AC7 ain’t no slouch either.

Alastor424 said:

January 31st, 11:13 am

I really love RE2. Feels like the originals! But Kingdom Hearts 3 is the greatest game I’ve ever played! That Pirates World!
Looking to get Ace Combat next month but my wallet took a hit. Since RE2 (original) was my all-time favorite RE, and KH is my all-time favorite series, I had to get those 2.

ILOVERIK said:

January 31st, 11:21 am

“A rookie cop, a Keyblade wielder, and a fighter jet walk into a bar…”

I don’t know why. But, that subhead gave me chills. This vote feels super heavy-hitter…

AyanessRaine said:

January 31st, 11:29 am

Saw this article online:

I want to express my support to RE so that they will remake RE3. Hope other fans will do the same. :D

captsnake10 said:

January 31st, 11:44 am

I’m gonna start voted for Ace Combat 7 with a huge fan of Ace Combat I been play it for over 21 years.

YogoSoh1 said:

January 31st, 11:49 am

I really liked KH3, But my vote goes to AC7 :D

MS-FFST said:

January 31st, 1:14 pm

RESIDENT EVIL 2. GOTY. Don’t even remotely care. Now waiting for RESIDENT EVIL 3. End.

LightningReign said:

January 31st, 2:23 pm

“We will restor the pride we had 15 years ago!”

dredeezle said:

January 31st, 2:54 pm

Ace Combat 7 is everything!! And it comes with ace combat 5! I’m a flight sim gamer so I guess I’m partial, but thus game is awesome

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

January 31st, 4:04 pm

If I vote can I get a 30% discount code? thxs

thundercatss4d said:

January 31st, 4:40 pm

As long time Playstation gamer it was a hard decision because I grew up with all, Resident Evil, Ace Combat, and Kingdom Heart series, at the end I had to with Resident Evil 2 because it just blew my mind from the Original back in 98.
So yeah RE2…..

Sony…Many long time gamers will like to see a Remake for Resident Evil Outbreak.

The_1nteger said:

January 31st, 5:41 pm

Has to be that resident evil 2 thingy, pure sexiness, keep it coming capcom

DZ-1990_ said:

January 31st, 5:45 pm

Resident Evil 2 remake is the best game of 2019 without a doubt!

Sonphil said:

January 31st, 6:46 pm

I like RE 2 a lot, but my vote goes to Ace Combat 7. I love the Ace Combat games.

DonRuns said:

January 31st, 7:20 pm

For me, it’s only two options: Resident Evil 2 and Ace Combat 7. Kingdom Hearts 3 is a disappointment, in my opinion.

Puncake137 said:

January 31st, 9:57 pm

I’ve been playing Ace Combat since I was a kid, and i would be playing the campaign over and over and wouldn’t get bored of it. Ace Combat 7 skies unknown brought my childhood memories back and is my favorite game.

Rustyhole_PSN said:

January 31st, 10:34 pm

not interested in RE2, bought AC7… that leaves KH3 as my pick

DogOfHades said:

February 1st, 12:19 am

The results will be:

1. Resident Evil 2
2. Ace Combat 7
3. Kingdom Hearts 3

Mark my words.

Sarges24 said:

February 1st, 1:31 am

This isn’t even FAIR!! What a Crappy Month.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is phenomenal. So is RE2 Remake. And let’s not forget Ace Combat. That game is no slouch either. Not Fair one bit. Every one of those three deserve to be #1.

PAGE 1 2