PlayStation VR

Jan 31

Jan 31

Players’ Choice January Winner: Kingdom Hearts III

Sora and friends climbed to the top of the polls in this highly competitive month.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

It was a close one, but the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts III managed to overtake Capcom’s stunning remake of Resident Evil 2 to claim top honors in our first Players’ Choice poll of the year. Meanwhile, the high-flying Ace Combat 7 soared comfortably into the third place spot to round out this month’s podium. Congratulations, Sora and friends!

Readers, have you any predictions for February’s top three? Let us know in the comments!

Alright 2019, you’ve made your point. Judging by the new games we’ve seen so far this year, it’s gonna be a good one.

We’ve already got an awfully diverse lineup with survival horror masterpiece Resident Evil 2, the long (long) awaited Kingdom Hearts III, and action flight sim Ace Combat 7, not to mention smaller hits like Futuregrind, Megalith, and Wandersong.

But enough talk… have at you! And by you, I mean the polls. Get in there.

How does it work? At the end of every month, PlayStation.Blog will open a poll where you can vote for the best new game released that month. Soon thereafter, we’ll close the polls, tally your votes, and announce the winner at PlayStation.Blog. PlayStation Store will also showcase some top Players’ Choice winners throughout the year.

What is the voting criteria? That’s up to you! If you were only able to recommend one new release to a friend that month, which would it be? In keeping with our long tradition in the Game of the Year Awards, remastered or re-released games won’t qualify. Ambitious, larger-scale rebuilds and remakes like Shadow of the Colossus and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will.

How are nominees decided? The PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation Store editorial teams will gather a list of that month’s most noteworthy releases and use it to seed the poll. Write-in votes will be accepted.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Raitoningu_01 said:

February 1st, 3:22 am

I must honor my sensei Resident Evil 2!

Sinisterviper1 said:

February 1st, 3:28 am

Resident Evil 2 remake it was an amazing game definitely game of the year

Michihiromi said:

February 1st, 4:40 am

Resident Evil 2 hands down. Played KH3 too but got bored. I would’ve enjoyed it if I was still the 9 year old me back in 2011

otakumike said:

February 1st, 8:25 am

Resident Evil 2 is how a remake should be done. Hopefully FF7 Remake delivers too!

darirex-titan said:

February 1st, 6:37 pm

Ace Combat 7 is the best game!!!

MOCHIIIx said:

February 2nd, 1:59 pm

Ask much as I love RE2. My vote goes to KH3 since waited for so long for this. If I could vote more I would voted for RE2 as well.

MOCHIIIx said:

February 2nd, 2:00 pm

As*

Rizen12616 said:

February 3rd, 10:55 pm

True that. They’re both such great games

KidScottSFL said:

February 3rd, 8:12 am

When I heard the news about the revamp on RE2 I was stoked! This game takes me way back to Nintendo 64. I could not put it down then and I cannot get enough today. The one and only horror survival in the gaming community. Do the math, if RE2 did three million copies in the first week, then imagine what RE3 would bring in. So let’s remake it and help us escape reality through survival horror. Thanks Capcom.

FUMBLECHEESE1123 said:

February 3rd, 6:58 pm

This is why Resident Evil continues to be my favorite game series of all time! This is truly a masterpiece and I am excited to see more from Resident Evil. RE2 for the win!

synysterlud said:

February 3rd, 7:17 pm

Ace Combat 7 all day any day. I am loving RE2 but Ace Combat is just something else. Best of the series, visually impressive and technically one of the best, if not best, aerial dogfighting games out there.

CQC_Greece_1989 said:

February 3rd, 7:20 pm

Definitely Resident Evil 2 guys. Its been 20 year from my last play back on PS1. What a game.

Dougwesker said:

February 3rd, 7:35 pm

Resident evil 2 easily

jorgepintojp15 said:

February 3rd, 7:52 pm

jorgepintojp15 said:

February 3rd, 7:53 pm

I really loved Kingdom Hearts 3 it is amazing it has more reasons to replay it over until have the platinum trophy this game deserves some rewards

KiiSZH_ said:

February 3rd, 8:26 pm

Been playing Kingdom Hearts since I was 8 years old. After the release of KH2 I’ve waited so long to see how the Xehanort saga will end. In the time waiting for 3 we had many other stories and everything in the end was totally worth the wait. 10/10.

Jay-ar214 said:

February 3rd, 9:04 pm

kingdom hearts 3 rocks this year

welcomingME said:

February 3rd, 9:17 pm

Y’all forgot Tales of Vesparia DE which came out on the first week of Jan, but it won’t compare to greater games like KH3 or RE2. I gave RE2 my vote.

Streek12 said:

February 3rd, 9:52 pm

I admit. I didnt buy any games this month. But out of all of them. I wanted ace of combat. The only reason I didnt get it because my money didnt allow me. It had a vr version i really wanted to try and they have the flight stick. In terms of experience. This hit the spot for me. I still haven’t played it. But i was and still excited to play that game out of the other games that came out this month

Rizen12616 said:

February 3rd, 10:53 pm

KH3 has to take it for this month. I mean they did outsell RE2. And plus I’ve been waiting for it for a good while now and it did not disappoint

leon2102 said:

February 4th, 12:17 am

RE2

leon2102 said:

February 4th, 12:18 am

RE2 best remake ever!
KHIII

Mr_Keyland said:

February 4th, 1:28 am

My choice is definitely Resident Evil 2 Remake. Capcom have done a bang up job on this remake. Bring on RE3:Nemisis!

Broly1044 said:

February 4th, 2:31 am

RE2 takes my vote 100%! A remake of my favorite Resident Evil game, and it is perfect!

pablo_nps said:

February 4th, 4:28 am

Many of us (The fans) waited for KH3 for about 14 years so the answer is obvious!

Markimusprime88 said:

February 4th, 5:27 am

Most diffenitley Resident Evil 2 for survival horror of the year! they did a beautiful job recapturing the magic of the original, while at the same time made it fresh and exciting and just a pure joy to play. Wouldn’t it be rad if they later added another story mode of Chris Redfield with a design showing homage to code veronica of him looking for his sister 3 months after the RE2 events, I would pay for that download

lonxer said:

February 4th, 7:33 am

Resident evil 2 is a must play game without a doubt this is the my best game on January

Lonewolf2589 said:

February 4th, 8:38 am

Best game of January? Hmm is that a question people Resident Evil 2 (REmake) followed by KH3 cheers

OrangeCrush_SB50 said:

February 4th, 12:52 pm

Definitely Ace Combat 7 hands down!! Those other games suck! I’ve played everyone ace combat ever made. I love them!!

AnimeDarkAngel92 said:

February 4th, 6:53 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3 was the only game that mattered in January.

daddy_shiro said:

February 5th, 6:38 am

Kingdom Hearts III definitely has my vote. I’ve been a fan of the games since the first one came out, and to finally have the conclusion to the story is amazing. I’ve already played through the whole story, and while I won’t give any spoilers, I will say that they did a great job on the ending.

The other reason I’m in love with the game so much is the detail they put into it. It takes the game to another level, while still retaining the same charm the series has always had. The voice acting is amazing, and the controls are smooth. There’s so much to do and see in the game, and I will definitely be playing the game again and again. Plus we still have some DLCs to look forward to.

Nilhus_Wesker said:

February 5th, 7:43 am

my vote goes to Resident Evil 2 (2019) sure KH3 deserves it as well but Resident Evil 2 has been what a remake should be plus i hope this show that we are ready for Resident evil 3 Remake.

Lance_hearts said:

February 5th, 9:30 am

Kingdom hearts 3 is the best art that I can see in the first month of the year, is a amazing and nostalgic game

NYYanks21 said:

February 5th, 3:34 pm

Resident Evil 2 is my favorite video game of all-time and the remake lives up to the classic 1998 release in every way so I had to vote for that. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Ace Combat 7 are phenomenal too though. Heck of a start to 2019 with great entries in 3 iconic franchises.

moxaths said:

February 6th, 7:50 am

I have been playing KH since I was a kid! This is amainzg and I can’t wait for so much more! KH Is life!!! :D

moxaths said:

February 6th, 7:51 am

Kingdom Hearts 3 2019!!! YASSSS!!!

besantesteras said:

February 6th, 2:15 pm

My vote goes to Resident Evil 2 REMAKE, definitely!!!

Zsurvivalist said:

February 6th, 2:38 pm

Normally I would say kingdom hearts 3 but the bad handling of the lore and lack of a decent story progression and combat left a bad taste in my mouth. My vote goes to the resident evil 2 remake because it’s a good classic horror game and come out even better in it’s new reinhanced version. Fun to play and decent story for a zombie game.

Soothing_De4th said:

February 6th, 2:50 pm

Kingdom hearts 3 by far, it’s not even close. I cant believe this game has made “manly gamers” act like the snowflakes they bash on social media. Well done. This will be legendary. I will say though the past 12 months of gaming have been great for everyone. We all have our opinions and can bash each other all day but in the end we have seen an exceptional previous 12 months:)

xXNeoPayneXx said:

February 6th, 4:44 pm

KingdomHearts 3 by far in my opinion and to those morons that says kingdom hearts 3 is a movie you’re dead wrong its a actual game you can play

jijin90 said:

February 6th, 6:09 pm

Lobe it..played it on a friend ps4. Havent bought mine as i wanted to try it first. After playing it was awsome. Reminding ke the good old days of resident evil. Hopefully they made resident evil 3 nemesis as what they have done to resident evil 2.

DamianFrost07 said:

February 8th, 7:18 am

I voted AC7 and am beyond satisfied that it made the top 3 when there was this level of competition.

PAGE 1 2