Heed these tips to get the most out of this unique, incredible platformer collection—coming to PS4 in 2020.
La-Mulana 1 & 2 taps into the excitement of exploring the unknown and challenging your reflexes and puzzle-solving skills! Slay monsters and solve diabolical traps in this non-linear puzzle-platformer from indie superteam Nigoro, now available for the first time as a physical collection on PS4! We prepared a beginner’s guide for series newcomers who dare explore the ancient ruins rumored to be the origin of civilization itself. Without further ado, let’s get to the Top 5 Tips for Surviving La-Mulana 1 & 2!
1. Pay attention to your surroundings and take it slow! Rushing into an area will almost always cause instant death; besides, there’s no need to be in such a hurry! Find the Holy Chalice as soon as possible for fast travel between points.
Also, don’t forget to save frequently through multiple save files. Trust us, you’ll be glad you did.
2. Read all the tablets and take notes! The tablets provide hints for solving puzzles, some of which will definitely have your mind twisting and turning. And when we say scan everything, we mean it: things like mysterious glyphs, bones of past explorers, and tablets will give you hints and warn you about deadly traps.
3. Use your resources wisely! Save your gold for buying different software and relics, and use ammo for your sub-weapons when fighting tough bosses or for solving puzzles.
4. Read your emails! No, we’re not trying to call you out on your office work ethic. Xelpud, the Elder, and friends will give you advice through emails on where to go or what to do next!
5. Last but definitely not least, learn enemy and boss patterns! It’ll take some practice but bosses all have strategies that can be utilized to fight them more efficiently.
Got all that? Now apply these tips in real-life with our special La-Mulana 1 & 2 challenge at our booth (Level 6, Booth #7505) at PAX West this weekend! You can also test your mettle by joining our Stamp Rally, where you will receive a prize upon completion!
We also have a panel with the game designer himself, Takumi Naramura, on August 30 at 4 p.m. PT in Hydra Theatre. Witness some spicy shenanigans occur while learning about what went into designing this extraordinary platform collection. This panel will be streamed live via PAX’s secondary Twitch channel at https://www.twitch.tv/pax2.
We hope you enjoyed our advice on how best to brave the numerous trials and tribulations you’ll encounter deep within the ruins. Look forward to the release of La-Mulana 1 & 2 next year, and stay tuned for more updates!