PS3-TLOU Left Behind

God of War PSP Entertainment Pack out tomorrow

Al De Leon's Avatar + Posted by Al De Leon on Jun 02, 2008 // Sr. PR Manager, SCEA

God of War PSP Entertainment Pack

Back in February at Destination PlayStation, we unveiled the God of War PSP Entertainment Pack, and we knew many of you couldn’t wait to get your hands on the limited-edition “Deep Red” PSP with Kratos’ image silkscreened on the back. The waiting game is now over, as the new bundle hits retailer shelves tomorrow. Beyond the collectability of the PSP itself, you’re also getting the PSP’s highest-rated game to date in God of War: Chains of Olympus, the comedy smash Superbad on UMD video, and a PSN voucher to download the multi-player action hit, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops, all for $199.99 (MSRP).

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more on Syphon Filter: Combat Ops later in the week.

God of War PSP Entertainment Pack

46 Comments

+ wolverine81 on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

Looks good! Too bad I already have a Star Wars Pack.

+ Aaron on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

AWESOME! I am buying one tomorrow can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Frazz on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:33 pm said:

I would like to get this but Im between jobs right now.

Psp needs a price cut.149 would be good

+ C-h-a-o-s on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

It’s a shame this is coming out now I already have two PSP’s I’m going to have to pass this up :(. I’m a huge GOW fan as well so it’s an even bigger blow to my fan-ness.

This is sort of offtopic but have you guys considered interchangeable battery lids? I have a white slim with darth on the back (not a big StarWars fan, but want a white PSP).

How cool would it be to have lets say a Gabe Logan, Daxter, or even Kratos battery covers in all colors (White, Black, Grey). I am sure many would pay to have some of their favorite characters on there.

+ XxBigP123xX on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:43 pm said:

When you guys give us new bundles you should also put the games in UMD cases and not in the cardboard sleeve.

+ Kamahl on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

i forgot this was coming out tomorrow, i’d get this if i didnt have a PSP already

+ Stoffinator on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:50 pm said:

Its ugly as sin. And I already saw it out at Wal*Mart today.

+ geo2211 on June 2nd, 2008 at 4:54 pm said:

This is good deal but i goy a psp already

+ Daver on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:03 pm said:

Nice bundle! but i already got one. Oh by the way the french translation on the vouche for syphon filter is bad loll. You cant translate “free download” for “gratuite telecharge”

+ echo on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

too bad i have a slim … :(

+ Infamous on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

been waiting for this! YUSH

+ Razcor256 on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

Nice, hopfully my bro remembered it’s coming out.

+ Diomedes1977 on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

Good package.God of War COO is ace and Superbad is really funny.

+ superbone547 on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

Yay, more people playing combat ops :)

+ KazeEternal on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

Am I mistaken or are they providing those UMD’s in those stupid paper envelopes, thats a deal breaker for me. Granted I wasn’t going to buy it as I have a PSP and really don’t like that color for my PSP. Not to mention I have God of War already. But the fact that they are in those paper envelopes just rubs me the wrong way. Can’t even look at my Spider man 2 UMD without sighing in discontent.

Is it possible for you guys to stop doing that?

I mean I’m considering getting a Slim PSP at some point and I may choose one of these value packs.

Maybe offer to mail us a UMD case for these discs if we pay for the shipping?

+ JamesL007 on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:42 pm said:

Great package wrong timing,

should have came out when God of War COO came out, in fact I throught this had ready came out in fact truly I did.

I love the red design and all of Kratos on the back, and if I was going to get a PSP either this one or the Madden NFL one coming later will be the one I will choose.

+ chewjya on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

wa wa wee wa! Very nice *Borat voice*!
You guys should have a PSP Giveaway contest. I can’t afford one because i spent most of my allowance on GTA IV and MGS 4.

+ spyker3292 on June 2nd, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

Nice! Now maybe more people on Syphon Filter: CO.

+ frito on June 2nd, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

A little late on that one, guys, all my friends have already bought the god of war game when it came out, a couple even had to buy PSP’s at the time..

next time try to sync up the launches!

+ skaterricky on June 2nd, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Im geting mine at Midnight at Walmart!!

Funny Story: Walmart put there stock out on shelf’s like 4 days ago and I tried to buy it and of coarse it was late at night and the main manager was working but the Enployee that put it out in the Game Case is the one that did it all.. :P

According to what I hear They should of Sold me the PSP since if its out on shelfs its for sale and it was there a Full Day and Night before I went agian to buy it that next night to see if I could Buy it.

But will be geting it Tonight none the less.

PSN: Skater_Ricky ;)

+ Vinclive on June 2nd, 2008 at 7:02 pm said:

I’ve got 2 questions. Is it coming with a 1gb memory stick or is it just a core PSP with the movie and game? Also, will it ever come out with the normal black PSP? I’d get it but I hate the color.

+ diablo103 on June 2nd, 2008 at 7:23 pm said:

wow thats a really great package

+ BlackShadows14 on June 2nd, 2008 at 7:28 pm said:

Sweet.I’d get it right now if I had the money.

+ Joe on June 2nd, 2008 at 9:02 pm said:

I want to know why Superbad over 300.

Now I have a few questions not having to do with this and I hope its ok. When Sony give out more info on Afrika, The Last Man & Eyedentify. Plus what is up with PSP games there seems to be not many more coming out. So will more info on both of these issues be at E3.

+ wiitendotriple on June 2nd, 2008 at 9:28 pm said:

Mine should be shipping tomorrow, and while I’ve already got a 4GB memory stick in anticipation this thing really should have come with one. Every other PSP bundle comes with a memory stick and it’s just another barrier to entry for new buyers. Really, you’re going to pack a voucher for a downloadable game in with the system and not have any way for people to load it? And that’s to say nothing of saving your games. But at least Chains of Olympus is short enough you could theoretically beat it on one charge.

+ lakaihigh on June 2nd, 2008 at 9:39 pm said:

@ Joe – 300 would have been a more suitable movie with this package. I def agree with you there. but superbad is an “in house” movie from sony, where as 300 isn’t. probably just easier for them to get the rights to distribute that movie. plus it kind of evens out being that you play a hardcore killing game like CoO then you can pop in your superbad and have a good laugh.

peace,
Lh

+ RatchetFanatic on June 2nd, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

wtf, the game and the movie are in those pathetic cardboard sleeves? wow…

+ Seba501 on June 2nd, 2008 at 10:01 pm said:

I dislike the color ….. red, not for me, but i already have one PsP.

I think, this is the only chance for God of war chain of olympus to sell 1 mill copies

+ assassin_21 on June 2nd, 2008 at 10:01 pm said:

damn if i would’ve known i would of waited but now i got the daxter psp 2 weeks ago

+ Jeigh on June 2nd, 2008 at 10:05 pm said:

Little bummed to hear God of War is coming in a carboard sleeve, but it’s not like PSP cases meant all that much to me in the first place.

I plan on grabbing this, though I’m going to have to shift some money around. Love the color. :D

+ ragnarok nine_ on June 2nd, 2008 at 11:27 pm said:

This is what I need in my life – a red PSP. Too bad I already have a black one and copy of GoWCoO. :(

Oh, and should someone let Sony know that the trademark for PlayStation 3 was Abandoned last October? Just sayin’ :|

+ APaz on June 3rd, 2008 at 1:44 am said:

Looks sweet!

+ kdarkone on June 3rd, 2008 at 7:07 am said:

I love it.. Can I swap my white one?

+ pistolgrip on June 3rd, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

I was going to buy this but why did it take so long?

+ Eternity_Viper_Snake on June 3rd, 2008 at 8:20 am said:

Nice bundle to bad i already have a slim psp and already bought a MGS4 skin i also can’t wait for God of war 3 for ps3 though..

P.S. 9 days baby!!! for MGS4 :)

+ barom on June 3rd, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

I would have bought it if it wasn’t so ugly. Kratos’ face is cool though. But red? Too ugly.

+ skaterricky on June 3rd, 2008 at 10:36 am said:

Its a Bloody Red and I got it The Night of Release Any Questions just ask!!

so far one Answer: NO MEMORY STICKS

GAME AND MOVIE IN Cardboard Case!

No Wrist Strap :( which i think would of made a fine addation if it was Red!

OVER ALL GREAT’s Purchace EVER :D

Skype – skater_ricky
PSN – Skater_Ricky
Comments message my myspace.com/skaterricky

+ cb_32 on June 3rd, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

damn i wish i had some money right now

+ benzboi92 on June 3rd, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

I can’t believe my PSP has gone missing!!! I might just have to buy this pack if it doesn’t turn up…

+ Lp47 on June 3rd, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

I want one so bad but, I already own a (2004)PSP-1000 model.

+ Lp47 on June 3rd, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

Will this bundle reveal God of War 3 release date? It is “coming soon” isn’t it…….

+ ItotheCtotheE on June 4th, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

I really wish you guys would have put the picture on the other side. I bought qa bigger battery for my Star Wars PSP and now Darth Vader isn’t on it anymore.

+ TheSlayerIsBack on June 4th, 2008 at 9:58 pm said:

since i sold me fat PSP and i’m a big fan of GoW, i’ll buy this pack:)

+ Chuchie on June 5th, 2008 at 12:38 am said:

I haven’t played any of the God of War games I may get around to it eventually. This pack is pretty sweet but I’m looking and hoping for a Role Playing Entertainment pack now that would really excite me to purchase a PSP. I’m thinking with the release of Star Ocean: The Second Evolution (if it gets released here) or if another RPG is to be released for the PSP anytime soon or later.

+ BabeBro on June 6th, 2008 at 10:47 pm said:

I purchased this as my first PSP and am in love! My PS3 & PSP in holy matriomony. Now please fix remote play via internet, please? :(

+ VenomProject on June 9th, 2008 at 6:52 pm said:

I bought this Entertainment pack for a multitude of reasons.

1) The “Deep Red” color is just mind blowing. Ever since I heard about Japan recieving the Deep Red color exclusively, I was bummed. Now I’ve got my dream in the palm of my hands. ^.^

2) I sold my old PSP (Model 1000 or “Phat”) to make room for a new 2000 or Slim model. I’m glad I waited a little longer to go out and buy one because I likely would have slit my wrists if I had missed out on this Entertainment Bundle.

3) God of War: Chains of Olympus, I never bought it for my old PSP, never was going to, after playing it though I’m planning on buying any God of War game that comes out in the future for the PSP.

4) Superbad, that’s just an awesome movie, I mean come on, you can’t go wrong.

i don’t know why people are bashing it’s color and saying it’s too “feminine”. It’s not feminine…It’s the God of War’s trademark color…RED, BLOOD, GORE, RESTRICTION, CHAOS. It’s not feminine at all if you ask me. :D