PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Burnout Bikes Dated!

Jeremy Chubb's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Chubb on Sep 12, 2008 // Community Manager, Criterion Games

bike03

We’re finally able to announce that our latest free downloadable Burnout pack bikes will be out 18th September!!!

It’s tough to give specific dates on downloadable content, because we don’t know for certain until the last minute. But hey, we’re really excited about bringing bikes to Burnout, so we’re going to take a chance and tell you that we’re aiming for September 18 – that’s this coming Thursday!

If you missed our earlier posts, here’s what’s coming:

• Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.
  • 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.
  • A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It’s fully customisable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it’s up to you.)
  • Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City.
  • And if that’s not enough, we’ve got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too.

Freeburn is Burnout’s uninterrupted drop-in / drop-out online play. It’s a cool collaborative experience, so it’s all about hanging out with your friends, messing around in vehicles while racing, pulling tricks and crashing in a massive open world city.

bike07

If 350 fun, co-operative challenges aren’t enough to keep you and your friends occupied, the Bike Pack throws a further 70 to the mix. These bike-exclusive challenges are split 50:50 between regular challenges and timed, against-the-clock challenges for those that enjoy a little more intensity.

bike20

We’ve got all the details on bikes at www.criteriongames.com and in our latest video podcast – Crash TV. You can see it now on iTunes.

Burnout Paradise is currently available for the Greatest Hits price of $29.99 on PLAYSTATION 3.

Next week, we’re back to talk trophies.

bike11

92 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ eksMAN on September 12th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

awesome!

+ BahaFS on September 12th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

When will this title be available for purchase via the PSN store?

+ iExile on September 12th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

*Sigh* Why can’t more developers be like Criterion? These guys have done such an AMAZING job with all the DLC that just keeps coming. The “Cagney” update was very awesome and even though I knew what was coming with the update I was still very surprised by the way everything looks on my HDTV. It’s very pretty. I almost feel like I’m stealing from you guys haha. This is why I never hesitate to buy Criterion’s games. Can’t wait for the trophy patch and keep up the great work!

+ Onna76_NL on September 12th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Sweet :-D You guys deserve a special ovation for threating their fans so great. You guys really rock! I’ve heard from a PSN friend that the 100% I’ve so far obtained will be reduced as soon as the Bike patch arrives… Is that true?

+ Onna76_NL on September 12th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

Whoops… threating should be treating :-D Sorry about that.

+ Ad-Kemp on September 12th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

Hello again, Jeremy

I can’t wait to test out these new bikes. It’s gonna add so much replay to an already VAST game.

Can you answer my questions that I asked previously please? (pretty please with sugar on top and sprinkles if it helps?)

Will Bikes be able to Barrel Roll off the jumps? Or will they be taken out of Paradise when on bikes?

And will Bikes and Cars be in perfect harmony in Paradise? Or will they be Bike only and Car only races/freeburns?

Again, any response would be greatly appreicated

Can’t wait for next Thursday and your Trophy post

Keep up the awesome work Criterion

Ad-Kemp

+ Raptors138 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

“Dynamic weather”

Wait wait, is that just day and night gameplay, or does that include rain, snow, ect ect?

+ dan1066 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

woooooooooooooooo!!!! id thought this pack was never gonna come out. ye guys went very silent over the last while but its good to see its all good. this is great i worked really hard to get the 100% for all the in game awards which are going to be trophys right?
anyway the bike pack should keep us all busy until trophies come which is brilliant.
just 1 question if you get round to answering them all, will the bike pack add new paradise awards??
i know ye cant talk about trophies or anything like that yet but will there be paradise awards (ahem…trophies) for the bike pack?

+ chip14 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

bikes are too late
people have moved on

+ EvoAnubis on September 12th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

Excellent!!

Jeremy, I know I said before that I’d wait until this came to PSN, but I couldn’t do it. I ended up buying it a few weeks ago at GameCrazy. And I made certain to buy it brand new.

Got my Burnout licence, and am now chipping away at my Burnout Elite. Love the game, and love the continued support. Hate EA, but that doesn’t matter; Criterian has a new customer in me.

Next Thursday!? Woot!

+ lifeRPGs on September 12th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

Before i get my hopes too high, is this coming to the EUROPEAN store too?

+ iExile on September 12th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

@ chip14: Speak for yourself. I never got tired of playing Burnout Paradise on my PS3 and this latest patch will only make the game even more fun and more addicting than before.

+ scorpio on September 12th, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

WICKED!!!

Bikes, night driving and weather what a great supported game.

+ EvoAnubis on September 12th, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

@chip14:

LMAO! “Moved on?” You must not own the game or haven’t played it in awhile……otherwise you’d know that Burnout online is still HUGE.

+ EvoAnubis on September 12th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

@lifeRPG:

Hello again.

This isn’t a Store update. It’s a game patch. Just put the disk in, and there you go.

+ snobrder218 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

OMFG YES!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You know I was quite disappointed when I found out “Crash” mode was taken out, but to be honest, the way you guys keep updating this game to add more, at no cost is something a lot of developers could take note of *cough*Rockstar/GTAIV*cough*. Not to mention, its only going to be on a certian otherbox because of a payoff. Whatever. Thanks a lot!!!!! :)

+ alexbhp on September 12th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

I’m really excited for this release, I have not played Burnout for a while!!!

But your post is missing an important piece of information, TROPHIES!

If Trophies are not comming on this update please let us know, Our hopes for huge amounts of Trophies is always high(er). LOL

So Trophies or no trophies with Bikes the bikes update?

+ SonicTHP on September 12th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

Wow, so soon!

I’m quite excited about a lot of these features. I’m not exactly sure, but I Really look forward to seeing the day night cycle and weather effects.

I also hope to be weaving through traffic on the motorcycles after a bit of practice.

+ SPARDA on September 12th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

LONG LIVE CRITERION GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish there were more developers like them

+ Pesico on September 12th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

Great news:)

+ thedude185 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:27 pm said:

Great News, I can’t wait for the 18th!!! =) Keep being the best developers ever =)

+ Pwee on September 12th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

Thanks Criterion.

Another FREE Great Update!!

You guys are the best.

+ CHRP718 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

Criterion Games,
You are truly amazing. Can’t wait for the update.
Criterion Games is one of the best developers out there. I will continue to support you guys.
Playstation Fans love Criterion.

+ skaterricky on September 12th, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

Cant Wait to Get my Hand behind my Bike and screem Past my friends while driving a wheelie :P

Keep me Posted Thanks agian!

+ Pesico on September 12th, 2008 at 12:32 pm said:

@alexbhp: He said they will talk about trophies next week, that most likely means trophies will be in another patch. Cant wait to hear more about that next week.

+ Airon23 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

Thank you so much for your endless support guys even after the game originally launched back in January. Its this kind of support that made me purchase this game. I really hope other developers learn from you guys!

I had two questions though. When can we expect news on this “Secret Pack” that you guys mentioned on the 8th episode of the Crash TV podcast?

Also, when can we expect trophies? Any specific date?

Again thanks alot for everything! I really appreciate what Criterion Games is doing with Burnout.

+ Jenovah on September 12th, 2008 at 12:35 pm said:

The game that keeps on giving……..For FREE!!!! I love u guys.

+ Nuclearfish on September 12th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

@chip14 – Yes, some people have moved on. But that’s the idea in releasing these updates, so that everyone comes back to the game.

+ FritoZ on September 12th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

ah, i just got back from a crappy vacation, so this is good news!

thanks for the info, can’t wait to see night/day changes!

+ Masterofallz on September 12th, 2008 at 12:40 pm said:

Wow. Im definitely buying this today…

+ BHard on September 12th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

Thank you for setting a new standard for developing companies. You guys have re shaped this game from great to awesome ! ! Keep up the good work and I look forward to other titles you put out.

+ CitizenInsane27 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:42 pm said:

You guys are the staple of good development teams. How do you possibly afford to do all this stuff for free? Is EA’s mothership actually THAT kind?

But in all seriousness Criterion, mad props (I know, sounds old skool now, huh?) for keeping your already astounding game fresh for the masses, and for us the PlayStation people. We get left in the dust and in the dark so much these days that it’s hard for us to keep the faith all the time, but moves like this are reaffirming to our purchases as consumers, and are a great reflection of what the game industry can be this generation if handled right. Thanks once again, and I’ll see you all online!

+ DonArmageddon on September 12th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

Awesome news, guys. Can’t wait for the pack to come out!

I’m curious, however, if you guys can say anything about the twenty new Awards you’re adding in the Bikes pack, and if those will somehow be linked to the upcoming Trophy pack…

+ erico316 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

s are you guys now officially part of the greatest hits? cause you give earn it!this is one of the best game i have played in years!keep up the good work any plans on supporting the psp?

+ TouchyEd on September 12th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Man, this game is a frickin’ steal at $29, especially considering the ongoing support from Criterion.

I paid full price for the game and still feel like I received terrific value for my money.

This is DLC done right: provide free updates with cool new features, and then occasionally release bigger packages for a fee. Don’t nickel and dime us for every little addition like some developers (cough…cough…PAIN…cough).

+ GGCAN on September 12th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

Thanks Jeremy.

The past few months of announcements for this game convinced me to purchase it in August and I must say it was a good purchase.

Keep up the great work.

+ p-s-3 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:55 pm said:

Cool;) Keep up the good work.
Shame other game makers don’t bother updating their games, like ‘Infinity Ward’ for ‘Call Of Duty 4′ i.e STILL??? No rumble + No Trophies ever :-/ PS3 fans want it but they are to LAZY to do it :-/

+ TheGuardian1973 on September 12th, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

YOU GUYS ROCK MY SOCKS OFF YOU KNOW THAT LOL, I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE UPDATE!!! *SEARCHES FOR A NEW PAIR OF SOCKS* :P :D

+ Flamenblade on September 12th, 2008 at 1:01 pm said:

Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU. You guys are the absolute greatest developers of all time.

+ Enforcer_X on September 12th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

I will be burning out with these bikes!

+ seph1r0th00 on September 12th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

Thanks Criterion :)

When will the full game be available to download through the PSN? I have the disc, but I hate changing discs so I would prefer to rebuy the game as a download.

+ nbnz on September 12th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Fantastic. Was looking forward to this. Thanks Criterion.

+ Aaron on September 12th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Thanks cant wait! and oh yeah mmmm….. trophies :D

+ stlthriot on September 12th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

So is the day/night gameplay ONLY for bikes or can you have cars with this new setting too? :)

+ tezasaurus on September 12th, 2008 at 1:25 pm said:

Beeeeyootiful. I love you guys.

+ wocyob on September 12th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

pretty sweet

but when can we buy the game from the psn store?

also how big will it be to down load if u have that info yet?

+ Seanscythe2 on September 12th, 2008 at 1:31 pm said:

Guys please please please, this game needs splitscreen!

+ Andronix on September 12th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

“Next week, we’re back to talk trophies.”

SWEET!

+ h3ro on September 12th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

Thank you for giving me my $60 worth. Great game, great support and amazing content additions.

Thank you!

+ Ghostm on September 12th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

Hands down! Best $60+tax I spent all year.

Thanks for the continued support. May your company continue to bloom for many more years to come!

PAGE 1 2