Paragon

Nov 19

Nov 19

PlayStation.com Continues to Evolve

Susan Panico's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

Early next week, we’ll be integrating additional community features into PlayStation.com. We are excited to roll-out the first phase, which includes the ability to sign-in to PlayStation.com and, soon after, PlayStation.Blog with your PlayStation Network ID. Of course, your PlayStation Network ID gets you access to all the good things on the PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP, including games, movies and TV shows on the PlayStation Store, online gaming, and, soon to come for PS3, PlayStation Home.

Game Detail Page

In addition, we are making enhancements to the gamer profile features. Your profile will include your PSN online ID, your avatar, and a short “about me” section. You’ll also be able to display your friends list and, on the game detail pages, you’ll be able to include ratings and reviews for all of your favorite games. These features were created so that you can make new friends, learn new tricks and tips, talk trash, offer advice, console the defeated, praise the winners, and more.

If you have an Underground account on PlayStation.com and haven’t already merged it with your PlayStation Network ID, click here to do so. If you don’t have an Underground account but would like to create a PlayStation Network account to participate in the new features on PlayStation.com, click here.

We decided to dissolve the PlayStation Underground program in order to provide more PlayStation fans with a glimpse into the PlayStation Network world via the web. We hope you enjoy this next step in the evolution of PlayStation.com.

Stay tuned; before this year is over we’ll have more enhancements for your gamer profile.

Add Your Own

schwaa said:

November 19th, 6:43 pm

AWESOME! You guys need to do more stuff like this, for real. It’s called “building a community.” You know you have the most die hard fans in gaming, keep it coming!

5 stars.

KnaveX said:

November 19th, 6:46 pm

It would be great if there were a system so advanced that would let us browse the PS3 store on PC anywhere, and have the option to hit, download to PS3, then it would just turn on and start downloading, letting you see the progress on your PC. But thats just me dreaming. cross game voice chat please? I hate being “that guy that requests alot of features knowing they have to work hard to get stuff to work but, its the only thing I really want on PSN that isnt there yet, that and voice messages. Love PS3 happy late bday!

gmk218 said:

November 19th, 6:48 pm

VERY COOL GOOD NEWS TO HERE THE INTERGRATION OF HOME SOON

Kilo720 said:

November 19th, 6:49 pm

sound good
playstation.com needed a revamp

Captain Fury said:

November 19th, 6:49 pm

great news

like everyone else already ask…

-new avatars
-show our trophy level in our profile cards
-let us send messages from the website

spartan1212 said:

November 19th, 6:50 pm

Great!

Thanks for changing it up.

psmgamer said:

November 19th, 6:51 pm

Been a member of PSU since 1997 and can’t for next week.

Jeigh said:

November 19th, 6:51 pm

Sweet! Now, I can completely efface my Gamespot account. Bring on the new PlayStation.com! :D

Elimin8 said:

November 19th, 6:55 pm

What will become of my playstation blog I.D when I start using my PSN I.D?

KaiserSosate said:

November 19th, 6:56 pm

This is good, I do hope that one day you guys will add a feature to allow us to show off our trophies in signature tags directly from the account. Similar to live but beyond its level.

Draicus said:

November 19th, 6:57 pm

This sounds, and looks, absolutely great. And a long time coming. ;)

sainraja said:

November 19th, 6:59 pm

Thanks guys.

K2016 said:

November 19th, 6:59 pm

All of this sounds great. The blog looks really nice right now.
How about we get a more detailed Gamer-Card? Like where we can list our games? New avatars?- Going away from the cartoony ones to actual icons & characters from PS enclisive games?? And also, under my languages, you don’t have all languages on the list. For example, I speak English & Arabic, but it’s not an option to select. I requested this many times before, Please fix this, Can’t wait to see all the improvemetns! =D

Typing this from my PS3! (Finally got a keyboard for it. My computer broke, that’s why I’ve been away all of that time.)

harrykid32 said:

November 19th, 7:01 pm

OMG, That sounds awesome! can’t wait!

perrandy said:

November 19th, 7:06 pm

this is good news i guess. but, what about the forums and those have gap membership as well?i have been a member over a year and i still haven’t gotten anything yet and to be honest i think i will not get anything…

anyways, i hope everything is for the better for us fans/gamers.cheers!

K2016 said:

November 19th, 7:09 pm

Oh and one more question. If our e-mail here on PS Blog and our email on PSN Network don’t match? What happens? Will it be just like what happened on the forums?

allstar56 said:

November 19th, 7:12 pm

sounds awesome!

owenlnix said:

November 19th, 7:15 pm

To bad the browser only scores a 27 in acid 3. Thats pretty sad. My cell phone scores a 54. It uses Mozilla Microb
svn co https://garage.maemo.org/svn/browser/mozilla/trunk/microb-engine

wavesln said:

November 19th, 7:17 pm

Proper Gamercards with trophies that sync automatically please.

40cal said:

November 19th, 7:24 pm

This will be great as long as I can merge my PSN account with my Blog account. I think I used the same e-mail? but I am 40cal on the blog and jimmy903 on my PS3. This might cause an identity crisis. :) I wish we could change our user names (if not in use).

Also if doing this is going to use the PSN avatars we need a hell of a lot more of them or the ability to use our own.

VenomX said:

November 19th, 7:28 pm

I hope you guys let us add our trophies to our gamecard and sync the automatically and let us message our buddies from the computer.

BlingOnMyWrist said:

November 19th, 7:34 pm

Finally some profile enhancements!
Love PlayStation.

goodboy1111 said:

November 19th, 7:36 pm

This is gonna be soooo sick. I was just thinking about this type of system today. Sony keep on reading minds.

KonKarA the Akunin said:

November 19th, 7:38 pm

Its great to see that the site and the world of playstation is still evolving and getting better and better. I cant wait to see what happens with the trophies and what kind of reward we get for spending time playing our favorite games! Awesome!

JDawg1020 said:

November 19th, 7:43 pm

This is great news. Thanks for the update, you’ve reminded me of home again

moneyman200 said:

November 19th, 7:46 pm

When is the release date for the home open beta

rarrk said:

November 19th, 7:52 pm

Glad to see that GAP won’t be dissolved, as indicated by a close inspection of the above picture. But I do have a opinion to voice with the PlayStation brand as a whole. Using this refresh as a way to better connect with more consumers, I have to say that regarding the brand as PLAYSTATION is less inviting and involving than regarding the brand as PlayStation. I think this little tweak could go a long way.

warezIbanez said:

November 19th, 7:56 pm

End of PSU? Awww… Oh well, I think it’s time for PSN to completely replace it, anyway.

I would love to see more Avatar pictures for PSN. I (almost) wish for some premium ones, but then again, who really wants to pay 50 cents for a 128 x 128 image?

Anddo said:

November 19th, 8:03 pm

If we HAVE TO use PSN avatars. I hope Sony is hard at working creating new ones. The current selection isn’t that great.

xplosneer said:

November 19th, 8:13 pm

Ha, never mind my comment anymore: it was just answered by a convenient email :D thanks Sony!

stennex said:

November 19th, 8:32 pm

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US GAME ADVISORY PANEL (GAP) PLAYER. WILL THAT BE CONTINUED AS AN ELITE PS ACCOUNT?

SpiritThief said:

November 19th, 8:35 pm

This is great I loved how underground combined the two. Now we will get an offical site, with offical hubs. Hopefully underground won’t dissapear.

But yeah the blog, and underground and I’m sure playstation all have different logins. after this will they all be merged with our PSN so its one for all?

stennex said:

November 19th, 8:37 pm

PLEASE KEEP GAMER ADVISORY PANEL.

Clinton514 said:

November 19th, 8:40 pm

G.A.P. is staying. I just got an email reminding us to link our PSN accounts. :)

ecko813 said:

November 19th, 8:41 pm

This is exciting news. I am alittle concerned as to what is going to happen with my post count in the PSU but it seems like its going to be a thing of the past.

the_icon said:

November 19th, 8:44 pm

So no trophies in ur portable id? Thats the most important feature missing. What good in earning trophies if u can show em to the rest of the world.

the_icon said:

November 19th, 8:45 pm

Also track games and receive updates for PS store related content directly to your PS3!

jazzyrider said:

November 19th, 8:47 pm

Only time will tell when Sony starts to make it similar or better than NXE.

kiwikoh said:

November 19th, 9:06 pm

I’m happy to see some changes on the blog

but at the same time I’m very dissapointed about the network problem for all the PS3 exclusive games that release recently,thats include SOCOM: confrontation, LBP and Resistance.

Socom:confrontation release with a buggy network. LBP online play is laggy and I always keep disconnect from the Resistance2 server for no reason. (believe me, all my Asian friend are having the same problem. I just can’t blame the Internet service provider.)

I understand that I live in Asia and its far away from US, but…these recent event really makes me wonder what happen to the Playstation network…Aren’t Sony should provide a better service in the market? Besides to make a better webpage, why not put the some attention to improve the network stableness?

jordanxXps3Xx said:

November 19th, 9:08 pm

i want to see these things: home released but i dont want it to be rushed to much cuz it could turn out like a Microsoft creation buggy and full of glitches
and more freinds stuff like avatars you can so when you log on psn on your ps3 and you can see your friends instead of the lame profile pics they already have
and thats what i want to see

PS i want HOME

chrisrhymz said:

November 19th, 9:10 pm

pretty kool!… cant wait to check it out!!!

hijaker77 said:

November 19th, 9:20 pm

I wish we could see our online profile showing trophies, etc. Similar to the 360

Stealthy85 said:

November 19th, 9:20 pm

Oh and don’t forget to add a RAP bar under the name too. By BETA, GAP, RLS.

Toast said:

November 19th, 9:23 pm

the less logins the better, but hope that doesn’t mean i lose toast :(

S-E-G said:

November 19th, 9:25 pm

sorry Sony, i didn’t mean all that stuff i said, i love the ps3, just getting impatient. keep up the good work, oh and happy birthday by the way ;)

Jeigh said:

November 19th, 9:42 pm

About the side-bar… Why would MSnbc be saying something nice about the PS3? Don’t those first two letters stand for MicroSoft? I’m confused. :(

absolute said:

November 19th, 10:03 pm

This is really good news, and it’s great to see the community aspect finally taking off with PlayStation. It’s one of the areas, probably the utmost area, that XBOX has had an advantage in. Just two questions: Will there be changes made to our potable IDs? It’s very plain and lackluster. I think it needs to include automatically updated trophies and maybe recent games played. Also, dissolving the PlayStation Underground?? So what does that mean to all of us that have been a part of it for years? What about the GAP board? Will all the benefits and invitations dissolve also?

bigevil said:

November 19th, 10:09 pm

that kicks ace

X1rtam said:

November 19th, 10:16 pm

That’s cool, got an email from the GAP about it. I’ve had a merged account since the day the feature was implemented. I was a little concerned that they would do away with the GAP, but it says in the e-mail:

“You MUST merge your IDs in order to maintain your G.A.P. status!”

Which tells me it’s still going to be around. That’s great news! Now let me in the Home beta for scaring me so badly!!! :D For the curious:

PSN ID: T3mpr1x

DemonOfRazgriz89 said:

November 19th, 10:25 pm

this is great news! but i still think, like others, that the PSN profile card on PS3 needs to be more detailed; there needs to be more than the like 24 character limit, plus you should be able to have a My Games section and add all the games you own to it for everyone to see.