PS4-The Order

Download the Resistance 2 Cover of Your Choice

Bryan Intihar's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Intihar on Feb 04, 2009 // Community Manager, Insomniac Games

At the end of last summer we asked you, the fans, to vote on the cover image for the Resistance 2 collector’s edition. After an overwhelming number of responses, one came out victorious. Now say your favorite didn’t get picked, or maybe you feel like your copy of Resistance 2 is in need of a wardrobe change—we got you… well, covered! (Pun most definitely intended.)

Resistance 2 Cover 1

Resistance 2 Cover 2

Resistance 2 Cover 3 Final

Starting today, you can now download all three R2 cover options from the PlayStation Blog. It’s easy: Simply click on the cover of your liking, download the high-res image (click on “All Sizes” above the pic, and then select “Original” size), find yourself a quality color printer, and PRESTO CHANGO—you have a new R2 cover!

That’s it for now, but like always, keep checking back to the PlayStation.Blog and MyResistance.net for future R2 updates.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Microshock on February 4th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

I really wish the US version came with the 2nd cover, it’s really great that cover. The first one seems too generic.

Thanks for giving us the choice, i wont be doing it though, no point since its just on a shelf

+ SackBoy98 on February 4th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

OMG! Thanks

I wanted the Special Edition because it had the best boxart imo,but I didn’t want to pay 20 bucks more.

+ WhutsGud on February 4th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

Sounds cool. Thanks
“fragile eagle”

+ VincentVendetta on February 4th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

#2 is the best one.

+ SouthwoodS on February 4th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

Cool, hey just a question, i got the Collectors Edition of R2 and it’s suppose to come with a HVAP Wraith Skin but i cant find it in the box. What am i suppose to do?

Bryan Intihar's Avatar

+ Bryan Intihar on February 5th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

You should contact Sony customer support.

+ Fluidshine on February 4th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

This is sweet…I have the special edition so i has the second cover…but the other ones are just as awesome!

+ ManaKnight on February 4th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Really awesome idea. I’d love to do this to future Ratchet & Clank games too. :D

+ tetsou9shima on February 4th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

This is great….I’m not sure why I’m so excited about this but it sure is nice to have a choice. By the way I still love this game. Coop just rocks.

+ enewtabie on February 4th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

The one from my CE is still the best,but I like the bottom one.Thanks

+ Al2x on February 4th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Is it possible to download these with a normal paper printer? I don’t have any high quality paper nor a high-quality printer…

Bryan Intihar's Avatar

+ Bryan Intihar on February 5th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Totally!

+ SpyDudeFX on February 4th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

#2 was always my fave, very cool design. I think what you guys should do are reversible artworks on select releases like they do on DVD sometimes and even a few Blu-rays.

+ easyaspie00 on February 4th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

Very cool beans. Anyone with some decent experience in photoshop can easily make their own with these templates as guides.

+ mendezgato on February 4th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

i have the the second one already but now i can have as my PC and cellphone background, thanks

+ Superottowa on February 4th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Thanks Guys Like the 2nd. THX!

+ SixStringPsycho on February 4th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Whoa at last the cover I liked the most is available for download

+ HaVoK_08 on February 4th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

I’ve always liked the first option :)

+ WillAllon on February 4th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Wow, if all games did this, that would be awesome. That way, we could pick our favourite one :)

+ SPARDA on February 4th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

GREAT STUFF

+ Stoffinator on February 4th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

I still find the collectors edition to be the best one still.

+ Don-Pinguino on February 4th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

my R2 copy is the collectors edition no need to change it but thanks :)

also, let us know here on the blog when the forums finally merge, I hate the split forums right now (reason why I dont hang in there much)

+ Heisem on February 4th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Cool, i love this game!!

+ Link01 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!…. I really wanted the other two covers :)… now if only you’ll launch some DLC!!! for R2

+ guyverunit122 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

great pics

+ lando786 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Nice covers, personally I doubt I will use them but its always great to have a choice.

+ TakiFuGu on February 4th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

Finally, I can get the cover art I really wanted.

Welcome home cover #2!!!!

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

hey post #1 the first 1 is the regular copy the second is the collectors EDT and the third is a new 1 im guessing?

+ KUSHman666 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

sweet. but i really shouldve bought the collectors edition :(

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 4th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

Luckily for me the cover I wanted won and is now sitting on my game shelf.

+ xaos on February 4th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

Very nifty offering; of course, since I was at the launch event at the Metreon, I already have an even more custom cover :) but appreciate you guys doing stuff like this for us fanfolk

+ Brad1337 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Very nice, very nice. But one thing that pisses me off to no end since I downloaded it, is in the second picture. The bottom side of the reflection the word “die” spelling from the missing letters in “diner” is cool, but the letters should have been flipping vertically. It was a cool idea, but you should have made it the other way around or something. It gets on my nerves :(

Other than that minuscule problem, this is a great idea. Thanks.

+ jipmg on February 4th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Wow now that is nice

+ Squamden on February 4th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Yeah the 2nd one is definitely the best who the hell voted on the first one?

+ MadeInScotland on February 4th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Kool!

+ mendezgato on February 4th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

why don’t this post have a 5/5, i guess you can never please everyone, can you

+ Hutif on February 4th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Great, I love it when we get more choices. Thanks Guys.

+ Letters2Kay on February 4th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Unless you’re patching the game so I can carry all my weapons (like Resistance) instead of 2 guns (like GEARS OF WAR), then I don’t care.

Those saying the art on #2 is best-

The contest was to choose the Collector’s Edition cover. #2 won. I voted, but bought the regular edition and getting a lame cover to a lame game.

+ Jim777 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

very very cool, i wonder if more companies will do this =D

+ hyedrummer83 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

I don’t really care about the cover because what truly matters is the game itself and, the game is awesome! Nevertheless, I thank you guys for making the covers available. I hope a third one is in the works!

+ NewYork214 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

i like the one that came with R2 but this is a cool idea releasing these. i know your not the first but thanks for them

+ LightAce on February 4th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Just to let you know you can register Resistance 2 with their BCUS code on the covers. I have no idea what this will do but it works

+ Ftwrthtx on February 4th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Thanks!

+ Delriach on February 4th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

You see this Capcom? This is what I want for Street Fighter IV. Give us that damn Chun-li cover!

Nice work at doing this Insomniac peoples. his is something that should be done for so many games, but we rarely see it ever happen.

+ Delriach on February 4th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

This*

Damn typos. :(

+ Thrasher20 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:07 pm said:

Thanks guys, for letting us pick our own cover

+ Dehshizknight on February 4th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Sweet! A buddy of mine was quite disappointed that they didn’t have the collector’s edition at his game store even though he wanted the limited edition cover for the game.

He’ll be happy to see this! Luckily I got the collector’s edition :)

+ cnn93 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

EXTRA AWESOME!!

+ SillyHatMafia on February 4th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Now if only i had a color printer…
It’s pretty funny if you think about it. I have a PS3, a 24″ PC monitor that does 1080p via HDMI ( Brilliant ) A decent PC… yet i still only have an old black & white printer.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

um..am i the ONLY one who thinks this is LAME news..i want to read about NEW CO_OP LEVELS or ONE HIT KILLS HEAD SHOTS!..im tired of wasting a clip or 3 to kill some one..for some reason only sniper head shots kill at one hit.fix that and add new co-op levels and this game would be SUPER FANTASTIC!…as far as the covers THANKS but NO- THANKS..but thats just me..:P

+ bulletx409 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

they should do this kinda stuff for all games. like lbp or like mgs. but def not killzone. killzone 2 im my opinion has one of the sickest looking front covers ive seen in a while

+ Rinder on February 4th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

Okay, they really need to add more detail on how to print it.
It is not coming out near big enough for me.

Please help guys!