Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Feb 11

Feb 11

Free Magic Ball, Cuboid & Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom PS3 Themes

Michael Robinson's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Creat Studios

Hey, everyone – Michael Robinson here, Director of Communications for Creat Studios. We wanted to give you all a heads-up that we here at Creat, along with our partner in crime, TikGames, have been hard at work on some outrageously good Add-On content for Magic Ball, Cuboid, and Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom. Booster Packs will be available soon and will include tons of new levels, additional themes, level editors, more trophies, and lots of other exciting gaming goodness! So be on the lookout for those Booster Packs, and producers from Creat and Tik will be coming atcha soon with more juicy details with some action-packed blog posts here.

But in the meantime, as a token of our appreciation for the tremendous response we have received from our recent releases on PSN, and since we are in such a giving mood, I’m happy to announce the release of FREE Themes for your PS3 available tomorrow on the PlayStation Store! So, instead of starring mindlessly into some wacky swirling color mass on your XMB, why not be the envy of all your family and friends by downloading a FREE Theme from one of your favorite Creat/Tik PSN games? How can you go wrong? Check out some screenshots for the Themes below, and remember, friends don’t let friends have boring XMBs!

Magic Ball Theme 1 Magic Ball Theme 2

Cuboid Theme

Mahjong Tales Theme1 Mahjong Tales Theme2

Add Your Own

Swedgen said:

February 11th, 8:15 am

Magic Ball is the best of the three. Just be careful when talking about the power-ups or you might offend someone.

hife said:

February 11th, 8:16 am

Wow, that Cuboid one is actually pretty awesome. Can’t wait for more Cuboid levels!

Bloody_Marcel said:

February 11th, 8:19 am

Just wanted to say you are quickly approaching Q-Games as the best developers of PSN goodness. Keep them coming!

February 11th, 8:35 am

Thanks so much! Wait until you see what we have planned for later in the year.

Fersis said:

February 11th, 8:19 am

Cuboid is one of the best games on the PSN Store. Its a fact.
My dad loves it too.

JordanBlack68 said:

February 11th, 8:19 am

Release them in EU?

February 11th, 8:31 am

KanesInferno said:

February 11th, 8:20 am

I love Mahjong Tales and am excited about a booster pack! This is great news, consider it bought.

The free theme looks great, this is the first game I’ve bought that you guys made and I must say I’m enjoying it. Great work!

StalkingSilence said:

February 11th, 8:21 am

Just wanted to say, “Hey Michael” from someone else at PSLS!
btw, sev, going out and “grabbing Kelly’s roast beef” sounds a little suspect. I mean, is Kelly okay with this?

Will use the Cuboid theme and looking forward to the booster packs!

February 11th, 8:41 am

Kelly likes when people grab her roast beef, conveniently sold at her restaurant on the north shore, as well as the Jordan\’s Furtniture location in Natick — neither of which are close to me in Canton :-(

Onna76_NL said:

February 11th, 8:23 am

“Michael Robinson replied on February 11, 2009 at 7:54 am

(Blushing, like a 12 year old girl meeting one of the Jonas Brothers)”

Jonas Brothers??? Hmmm *thinking about a complete different type of hunks* lol

Gosh, making a guy blush, sure made my day haha.

I also should say that I think its really awesome that you respond so quickly on posts around here, kuddos to you ;-)

Fersis said:

February 11th, 8:24 am

Cuboid booster pack ?
Im sold. :D

bigbadbros said:

February 11th, 8:32 am

Wow, I am impressed by the number of replies you’re giving! Keep it up!

February 11th, 8:39 am

Please refer to my response to post 46 for explanation ;-)

BigRon3400 said:

February 11th, 8:39 am

The cuboid theme looks great. I also like the first screen of the Magic Ball theme. The second one looks too busy IMO.

acerazer1 said:

February 11th, 8:53 am

Sounds great, I love all three of these games, still need 100% on mahjong though, seems like I’ve been playing infinity for, well, infinity!

chubigans said:

February 11th, 8:54 am

It would be super awesome if Magic Ball would support custom soundtracks. Just sayin’. :D

February 11th, 8:58 am

freakyzeeky said:

February 11th, 8:55 am

That Cuboid theme looks sweet! :D

Onna76_NL said:

February 11th, 8:58 am

@Michael, naaaaah more like Sean Connery *ROTFL*.

I didn’t notice your post 46, but er… I’d like to say that you’re around 60% of your replies, so you better write some more if you wish to avoid any shock waves, *lol*.

” JordanBlack68 | February 11th, 2009 at 8:19 am

Release them in EU?

Yup! The themes will be available for free download tomorrow in the US, and a week later (on the 19th) in the EU.”

Not sure, but I think he meant the packs. Don’t electroshock me if I’m wrong *lol*

chubigans said:

February 11th, 9:01 am

“Would you think I was super awesome if I told you that you might be very happy about the Magic Ball Booster Pack (coming soon) and all it has to offer? (hint-hint)”

Ooooh, indeed I would! *does the happy dance*

Zookey said:

February 11th, 9:11 am

Love magic ball–my whole family does hehe keep up the good work–personally, I’d love it if you guys did more than just 1 booster pack for it–it is way too addicting!

February 11th, 9:15 am

Multiple Booster Packs for all our games might just very well happen, stay tuned!

chriscowboyd said:

February 11th, 9:11 am

If the add-on for Magic Ball adds custom soundtrax, will the add-on for Cuboid do the same? If not, will there be a patch for Cuboid that adds custom soundtrax in the future?

February 11th, 9:16 am

The patches for all games, coming soon, will of course be free, and via those patches is where the custom music support will be coming :-)

BZKlint said:

February 11th, 9:15 am

What’s up with Cuboids relation to Bloxorz? Not that I’m concerned or anything like that, just curious.

February 11th, 10:41 am

Regarding your question about the relation between Cuboid and Bloxorz — Cuboid was developed under an exclusive license by TikGames, for all platforms. It should be noted, however, that a lot of new content was created specifically for the PSN version including a Level Editor, all-new levels, new art, and new audio. Hope that clears things up!

TakiFuGu said:

February 11th, 9:16 am

The Cuboid theme is hot!

Thanks!

Vengeful-Chaos said:

February 11th, 9:21 am

Is there anyway to increase the size of the font in mahjong? I don’t have the best quality tv and it’s very hard to see sometimes, same goes for the tiles.

February 11th, 9:29 am

I checked with our executive producer and unfortunately there is no way to increase the font size. Sorry about that! :-(

February 11th, 2:00 pm

BTW, in the patch we are soon to release, we have altered the color on the harder to read texts (e.g., level stats) to make it less painfull to read for low-end TV users. Hope that helps!

pody said:

February 11th, 9:21 am

Good job mr. Robinson! You made me wanna check out these games, alot of developer should learn from you ;) Your up there with the capcom dude who gave out prizes forever! :D

February 11th, 9:24 am

Wow! That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me! I mean, I\’m not even giving anything away, other than the commplimentary themes, available tomorrow on the PSN, and you\’re still showing me that kind of love? Thank you, kindly.

evildude683 said:

February 11th, 9:25 am

Thankx guys..

Although Cuboid didn’t got good “reviews” from a lot of ppl at this Blog I thing is a really good game and I can’t wait for the new add on with levels to come out.

February 11th, 9:31 am

Cuboid has been receiving pretty universal critical acclaim, actually. In fact, as I stated before, IGN gave it a 9 out of 10, and said, \”It (Cuboid) really is a fantastic puzzler, and something I think belongs on every PS3. Yep, every one.\”

But just in case you don\’t believe me:

lakaiHIGH said:

February 11th, 9:38 am

I’m currently eyeing cuboid and mahjong as the next title to d/l off the network. both sound and look awesome. just wish i had more money :(

peace,
Lh

poisonedsodapop said:

February 11th, 9:45 am

I rather enjoy my TR: Underworld theme. Of course my dog thought Lara was another dog for some reason and growled at the tv.

evildude683 said:

February 11th, 10:03 am

Hey Michael, I was talking about the entry that “Olga Sokolova” posted in the blog a while ago, a lot of “GEEKS” reply to her after seeing the video, that the game did’t look good and started to ask the very typical questions..”does it have trophies?”

FoolKiller79 said:

February 11th, 10:12 am

Well, I got Magic Ball, but not Cuboid or Mah Jong. I’m not a Mahjong fan in generl and without a demo Cuboid was a touch pricey at $9.99 for something that I knew nothing about. You will have to excuse me if I don’t trust professional reviewers. I’m not saying they are unprofessional or anything, I just don’t always agree, so I ignore them.

I did get Magic Ball because I immediately recognized the Breakout gameplay style. All I’m missing is an Atari paddle.

Shakh said:

February 11th, 10:16 am

Wow, nice job on the replying.

February 11th, 10:34 am

Thanks. I\’m here to help. :-)

obie191970 said:

February 11th, 10:19 am

I’m looking forward to some new content. Cuboid is one of the best PSN titles to date.

And what I wouldn’t do for a Kelly’s right now. Never should have left Boston for Charleston.

Lookout009 said:

February 11th, 10:34 am

its a good look but we need a new layout of the xmb we cant let xbox look better than us

DaxMontana said:

February 11th, 10:48 am

All your smart-alec replies are really rubbing me the wrong way…oh wait…nope…it’s the mole-hair sweater I’m wearing that’s causing the discomfort.

Great to finally hear from a dev…even if it’s just coerced mindless banter.

DaxMontana said:

February 11th, 10:50 am

My pleasure.

Ti_dus said:

February 11th, 10:52 am

I bought Cuboid cause I just really like your team :D You’re doing great job with bringing those fresh titles. Keep them coming. By the way – Cuboid’s great :)

February 11th, 10:57 am

Thanks so much for your support! And as I said above, stay tuned for news about our future releases in 2009. Okay, here\’s a hint: we\’re moving a bit out of our \’casual games\’ comfort zone and will be bringing the PSN universe some pretty exciting stuff!

Stoffinator said:

February 11th, 10:58 am

Awesome job to who ever made the themes, they look awesome.

XanderK23 said:

February 11th, 11:05 am

This is great to see a company take the time to give thanks and freebies to loyal fans. i think this should happen quite a bit more. my personal favorite is the mahjong tales.

Ti_dus said:

February 11th, 11:10 am

84 -> That’s sound very interesting ;) I’m waiting then, because I’d love to see more “harcore” games ;) !

Onna76_NL said:

February 11th, 11:12 am

Just got 100% in Cuboid with trophies :-D Now only to get all the puzzles on gold and lightning :-)

Rhez said:

February 11th, 11:13 am

Cuboid was my favorite. For one, I like puzzle games and two, I like the visual style. Definitely downloading that Cuboid theme. And yes anxiously awaiting the expansion. My brain still hurts from the first levels.

droopysp said:

February 11th, 11:16 am

@ Micheal Robinson

Is it possible you guys could add in-game music for Magic ball, by the way excellent job on it guys extremely fun!!!

February 11th, 11:39 am

Custom music support is on its way for Magic Ball and Cuboid (Mahjong Tales already has it) via patches we will be releasing shortly!

Gambit07 said:

February 11th, 11:24 am

Definitely getting new levels for Magic Ball, my g/f loves it.

Sigil82 said:

February 11th, 11:27 am

Any chance on remote play functionality for either of these games?

February 11th, 11:50 am

Not yet, unfortunately. But we expect to in the future.

wizeguy22 said:

February 11th, 11:44 am

i will buy each and every future game you guys make, you guys are right next to Q-Games as my favorite psn devs….

February 11th, 11:50 am

That\’s great to hear. Thanks so much for the support!

yellowdart46 said:

February 11th, 11:45 am

Love Magicball. One of the best games I have downloaded so far. Thanks for the themes. I will be sure to download them all. Can’t wait till the booster packs come out.

mcw1011 said:

February 11th, 11:59 am

I appreciate that you’re actually replying to questions, but the one you seem to be avoiding is the “demo” possibilities for your games. I simply can’t afford to take chances with games that may be too hard for me (Especially cuboid… I played the online flash versions of the game many months ago, and it seemed pretty hard in later levels).

I just have to have a demo guys, there is no way around it (Until Sony begins giving refunds to unhappy buyers on PSN).

Please respond to this. The demo would only have to be one level for each game… no biggie.

February 11th, 12:20 pm

Hey, for the record, I avoid lots of questions! Seriously, for casual games like the ones we currently have out there, we feel that the trailers (aka videos) are extremely accurate representations of what you will get for gameplay. We just don\’t feel that demos are necessary for casual games like these. Our future releases of non-casual games will almost certainly have demos. I know it\’s not what you want to hear, but that\’s our position at this point. Thanks for your comment!

wizeguy22 said:

February 11th, 12:04 pm

would love to see future games unlock home content like say a t-shirt that says TikGames or a statue of cuboid to put in my home space….i would definitely rock a TikGames or Creat Studios t-shirt :)..

February 11th, 12:59 pm

Stay tuned for a future announcement regarding Home. And I can assure you, Creat t-shirts could be a strong possibility! :-)

Eirinn said:

February 11th, 12:12 pm

Hmm active commenter :D might have to grab cuboid after all – besides you don’t say no to a tiny man, wielding a tiny sword riding a huge horse!

groz24 said:

February 11th, 12:24 pm

Is there any way to fix the online multiplayer in Mahjong? It’s almost unplayable right now, and I’d like to be able to play it. Also, keep up the good work, and bundles would be a great idea.

February 11th, 12:57 pm

Sorry for the problems you are experiencing, but help is on the way, via a patch we will be releasing within the next few weeks, so hang in there!

quiomar01 said:

February 11th, 12:36 pm

man i would love some cuboid add-ons! Any chance a level editor will be included in the mix?

February 11th, 1:00 pm

Stay tuned for the Booster Pack announcement, but I think you will be pleased.

neorudemovement said:

February 11th, 12:47 pm

i have magic ball. what it really needs is a feature to have your own music. this title may have the worst soundtrack of 2009!

February 11th, 1:01 pm

Now, I actually enjoy the Magic Ball music; however, once we release the upcoming patch, you should be able to rock to anything you want when playing the game going forward.