PS4 - Transistor

Flower Available Today!

Randall Lowe's Avatar + Posted by Randall Lowe on Feb 12, 2009 // Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

We are delighted to remind you that Flower will be available TODAY on PSN for $9.99. No matter what type of gamer you are, we think you’ll find something in Flower that you enjoy. Our friends at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe put together this great trailer — it features the song “Catch The Wind” — to celebrate the game’s launch today. Both the trailer and the developer diary video will be available on the store today as well.

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

+ Saint-Vegas on February 12th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

I’m buying this right now. Can’t wait.

+ afrosheen on February 12th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

Bought it and have beaten 3 levels so far. This game is incredible. The music is beautiful, the graphics are stunning, and everything flows really well. It’s amazing the level of detail that was put into this game.

While you’re in the apartment, there are police siren blips, dogs barking, and you even hear the noisy air conditioning cycling on and off once in awhile. This game feels like a labor of love from a very talented group of people. You all owe it to yourself to peel off $10 for this piece of art.

Hint for trophies: take your time in the apartment and in the field. You’ll get a trophy for being lazy at times.

+ MotorSkate on February 12th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

This looks cool, I’ve been waiting for it ever since it was shown at the PS3 press conference video. I give 5 stars ***** :)

+ smokey_vols on February 12th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

Is the song “Catch the Wind” in the actual game?

+ serendipiddy on February 12th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

You guys have to release the ost now ;)
that was an awesome game, with unbelievably beatiful visuals and audio.
my emotions are all over the walls now, it really takes them for a ride!

i have just one request: please release the soundtrack! d/l from psn.. please!!

im gonna go and play some more now, thanks everyone at SCE and TGC for an awesome game!

+ RevolutionBlues on February 12th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

Evidently I don’t need to add anything here about what is so brilliant about this game, so forgive me a minor criticism:

The explanations for the trophies are largely inscrutable. I’ve completed the game and have won only half the trophies and I’m at a loss for most of the rest. Problem is, if you make trophies too obscure you encourage people to search the internet for the solution rather than work to find it…..

So, can anyone help me with:

“Memories”; “flOw”; and “Beginning”

PSN me so you don’t spoil it for others. I can work out/work for the rest! :o)

+ somethingatt on February 12th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

I bought it…It’s just…..Like the best drug ever.

+ El_Matador1957 on February 12th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

Ineed moneyfirst and i need to buy killzone 2 but im really excited for this game!!!

+ BADASSA on February 12th, 2009 at 8:24 pm said:

I bought it and let my three year old daughter try it…she won’t give back the controller..Having fun watching her play but when is my turn?

+ BADASSA on February 12th, 2009 at 8:26 pm said:

Must have for all!

+ glody on February 12th, 2009 at 9:07 pm said:

Guys, you all did an amazing job on this game…im floored by the visuals and the quality of the six axis controls…Im recommending this game to SO many people right now. You deserve every cent from the $10 I gave you. Congratulations!

One question…do you plan on adding new levels in the future? DLC perhaps?

This is my new favorite game. Bravo!!

+ glody on February 12th, 2009 at 9:09 pm said:

One more thing…given that I live in NYC, this is a wonderful wonderful temporary/peaceful getaway from everything thats out there. Thank you.

+ Chubbaluphigous on February 12th, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

This game is the Zen of gaming. At the end of a hard/bad day put this game on and play from start to finish. You will feel better, relaxed, and have a smile on your face as you remember.

+ Rhez on February 12th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

I finished the first section (areas 1-3) earlier. It is very nice and relaxing. I saw the developer logo up on the billboard in the city. But more importantly I found Flow!!! So what’s next from thatgamecompany? Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with next.

+ themadmen on February 12th, 2009 at 10:35 pm said:

wow it is amazingly beautiful..cant wait for more.

+ RosenK87 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:37 pm said:

Bought the game. Even better than I was expecting, loved the visuals and gameplay as whole.
You guys really deserved your burritos.

+ Ice_Pick on February 12th, 2009 at 10:40 pm said:

Well I just finished it, and it was simply amazing. I’ve never played anything like it. The art, the music, and even the subtle story blended together perfectly to create an experience unlike any other.

Everybody go buy this game now. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

+ afrosheen on February 12th, 2009 at 11:01 pm said:

Incredible. It looks like we really appreciate great original titles (that are priced right). I wonder if a game like this could even sell 10 copies on the FPSBox.

+ TheTrumpetMan on February 12th, 2009 at 11:15 pm said:

This game is absolutely beautiful. The combination of the visuals, music, and simplicity of the base game mechanics really put you into a state of serene tranquility. I only wish I had an HDTV to see what this title really looks like. Absolutely wonderful job on this title, thatgamecompany. I am already recommending this to my friends.

+ superben1990 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:31 pm said:

+ Gavi on February 12th, 2009 at 11:49 pm said:

This may not be the only flower I get this Valentine’s Day, but this will surely be the most beautiful one. Oh and it’s only $10, a bunch of roses would set me back how much? The girls can enjoy this instead and come back to it forever instead of getting a bunch that’ll be dead in a few days!

I loved the soothing tunes of flow and it was a memorable experience, can’t wait to get home, download this and try it out later tonight. Thanks thatgamecompany!

+ mafecto on February 12th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

Wow…just bought it, dl’d it and finished it..normally I’d be angry that I just finished a new game in two hours but…wow…my mind is blown. This is probably the best $10 I’ve spent on PSN which is actually saying a lot. I’m just at a loss for words at how awesome that experience was. My advice to everyone else? Just buy it…trust me.

+ EnigmaNemesis on February 13th, 2009 at 12:30 am said:

Sold!

+ MadxHatTeR on February 13th, 2009 at 1:10 am said:

Fantastic game guys, I hope you sell a megaton of downloads!

+ Onna76_NL on February 13th, 2009 at 1:20 am said:

@Kellee, lol the only woman at Thatgamecompany? You must be feeling really lucky :-D

+ HaVoK_08 on February 13th, 2009 at 3:13 am said:

Let me just mention on how games like these are fantastic. not everything must be ultra violence (although me likes alot). casual games like flower are great and so incredibly beautiful, kudos to the developers for making such a relaxing game. it’s like taking a 500mg chill pill. Well done!

+ nemo20000 on February 13th, 2009 at 3:44 am said:

So incredibly beautiful, emotionally invovling and technically impressive.

Thank you for Flower, it’s a masterpiece.

+ Delriach on February 13th, 2009 at 4:20 am said:

This game is really something else. The music is really nice as well. Can we expect a release of the songs on the PSN? … for free would be nice. At least free to those who purchased the game.

Does anyone else think that this song would be awesome to play during the game?

+ sNsKid on February 13th, 2009 at 4:42 am said:

That trailer doesn’t even do flower justice. I have been playing all night and love the game. It’s so much fun. I am so curious as to how many secret flowers there are. I have even gotten a few trophies. I hope the game lasts me until SFIV comes out because I know I am going to be playing flower like crazy. If there is ever an expansion pack for this I’m definitely getting it. There is something so magical about flower. You truly have to play it to know what I’m talking about. I highly recommend this game to everyone!!

+ DrockiKUsh on February 13th, 2009 at 6:14 am said:

DAY 1 Buyer Baby!!!! OMFG this is the most beautiful and relaxing game i have ever touched. The seamless SIXXAXIS controls and wooshing of the wind is truly breathtaking. Like most players (or at least the ones that post their positive experiences)i was totally taken away on a flowery journey that i couldnt help but continue. Do yourself a favor and buy some bags and get this game!

+ cc_star on February 13th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

One of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had. If you are in two minds, just buy it your life will be richer for it.

Thanks thatgamecompany, going after the Trophies now!

+ sNsKid on February 13th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

I liked the credits. I’m going to write your names in the sky. :D

+ StalkingSilence on February 13th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

After watching that video, I hadn’t seen it before, I think I WILL buy this when I get back from Valentine’s Day Weekend with the wife.

+ Mutt on February 13th, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

Wow! You MUST play this game.

+ swissmr on February 13th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Simply amazing on my 65 inch 1080p with surround sound turned up…..i will say though I didnt expect to be scared by this game. Level 5 when running into the tower…rocked my world glad no one was in the room…girly moment. Found 5 trophies after first run…so much more. Thank you for creating this game!!!!!!!!

+ Onna76_NL on February 13th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

Flower is now officially the very first game on the PS3 that made me cry and it just happened when I’m in level 4. I take sweet time to finish this game and will play it again and again and again. Those lights on the ground with the darkness and sound, before I knew it tears were rolling from my cheek. I can say that this is the best experience I’ve had in ages if not the best experience I ever had on a gaming console.

+ msstatedawg on February 13th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

WAY cool! Love the game AND the music. Good job!

+ The1stMJC on February 13th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I played this game and damn it hard to explain why I like it, but wow I like it.

It [DELETED] the eyes

+ Darth_Lali on February 13th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

Just bought it. Downloading right now..

+ CohnBred on February 13th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

I’ve been looking forward to Flower for some time. Picked it up last night and love it! Great job to the entire team!

+ neoblu22 on February 13th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Flower, simply put, is an amazing journey.
I use the word journey, rather than game, because that is how it felt as I was moving through the different levels.

The journey of the music and how one has the ability to enhance this (like the conductor of an orchestra) depending on how quickly one engages the flowers that resonate different tones as you collect their petals.

The journey of fluid and uninhibited motion
as one glides along the grass, soars up to heights way above the horizon, and rushes or, if you prefer drifts, back down to earth. All without the mental distraction of complicated button pushing.

The visual journey as one travels thru the un-obscured open plains in the first level, to the final level where one finds a cluttered dilapidated inner city that must be restored to its former greatness and the balance with nature restored.

And finally, the internalized emotional journey that is provoked as one experiences all the above.

Does this all sound a little to Zen…Perhaps
But in a time when pace of life and the uncertainty in the economy is causing so much stress in people’s lives, who couldn’t use a little peaceful ZEN balance.

+ neoblu22 on February 13th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Hats off to That Game Company and the developers that made thier vision of this Journey a reality.

If I had one wish, it would be that a feature be added that allws one to record segments a Journey for later play back.

+ nscg on February 13th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Loving it, really enjoying this new genre whatever it is.

+ serendipiddy on February 13th, 2009 at 11:47 pm said:

i’m curious now to see how much this sold.. by the sounds of it at least these 190 odd people have bought it.. and then there’s the countless people that don’t visit the blog..

still, after playing it through a few more times, i really love this game.
I’ll say it again: the soundtrack is so emotional and gripping.
The level progression and narrative is so well executed.. Amazing how a game with so few words can astound us with a narrative..

The credits.. they were so beautiful. I’ve played through them a good few times too :)

God I’ve waited such a long time to play this and loved every second playing it.
It’s a fantastic journey, and I take my beanie off to all those creative minds who put it together. You’ve shown me what games SHOULD be like.

Thank you all.

+ neorudemovement on February 14th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

WOW! i am so glad i bought this game!

i think this game would actually appeal to alot of different genres of gamers(even if they think it wont)

the feeling this game creates is awesome!!
i think even people who like racers would like this, i know that sounds strange but thats basically what you are doing with these petals and the wind.

buy this now!

+ SarshelYam on February 14th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

It saddens me that some might overlook this despite the glowing reviews. I spent all last night, roughly 2 hours with breaks in-between soaking in everything I could. THIS…”Flower”…is a defining moment for the console and truly on of the reasons the PlayStation 3 stands ahead of the pack.

I’m not really sure how to talk about it without spoilers but…the credits…hands down the most beautiful credits I have had the pleasure of watch…no, interacting with. I didn’t want to participate in them simply for a reward, it was the fact that I was interested in reading the names of each and every talented individual behind this project.

TGC…thank you SO MUCH for gifting us with such a wonderful experience. This is a shining example of my PS3 that I am proud to own and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in the coming years. Thank you!

+ SarshelYam on February 14th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Oh, I would gladly pay for a soundtrack on the PSN. Please tell us you’re working on it…please?

+ SarshelYam on February 14th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

*sigh*

I’m going to get banned for Triple Posting, but Cloud…that needs to find a home on the PS3 as well.

+ Rhez on February 14th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

I played through the seven stages on Thursday night. It was amazing. I think this is one of only a few games that make me smile when I play. The other being LBP and the LEGO games. The nightmare level is still stumping me on a few points but I’ll be glad to play through the whole game again. I’ve already started. The sixth are just felt good.

+ NoToEmpire on February 14th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if doctors proscribed this game to their patients with high blood pressure and anxiety.The PS3 has become a machine that can help one experience a peaceful serenity.

That is no small matter that should go by without special mention. Consider for a moment, just how many products and experiences promise, and then fail to deliver, tranquility.

Thank you Sony/Playstation having supported the creativity and risk taking of your standard inventing and talented artists/developers. For making the PS3 and games like Flower, Eden, Burnout Paradise City, Dead Space and Mirror’s Edge which are superior and complete entertainment concepts.