PS4 - Destiny

Introducing SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Mark Rogers's Avatar + Posted by Mark Rogers on Apr 16, 2009 // Senior Producer, SCEA

It’s been over 2 years since we released SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 for the PlayStation Portable. During that time we’ve been working diligently to improve the SOCOM Fireteam Bravo series and are excited to announce the upcoming release of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 for the PSP.

Join the ominous world of ex-secret operatives as you lead a covert operation to track and interrogate former KGB agent, Alexander Gozorov who is believed to be withholding information on a forthcoming attack with weapons of mass destruction.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 screenshot 1

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 screenshot

While the SOCOM name has long been synonymous with multiplayer tactical gaming, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 takes it a step further allowing players to tackle missions with teamwork and firepower. Players can also compete online; communicate via voice chat, battling for Medals and a place on SOCOM’s online leaderboards.

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 is being developed by Slant Six Games. Keep your eyes on the blog to check out a teaser trailer for SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 in the near future.

92 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ nv_Los on April 16th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

Seems really awesome

+ Enigma777 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

I hope this is better than the previous Slant Six games…..

+ Bildo818 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Yeah I agree! I really enjoy all the SOCOM games on the PSP. I am also glad to hear that /6 was working on something other than Confrontation. I mean, people couldn’t think the Confrontation updates were the only thing this developer was working on!

HOWEVER! I am almost at 100 hours of SOCOM Confrontation(after stat reset minus BETA time) and I really want some new maps! Thankfully I think on the SOCOM blog, they FINALLY mentioned DLC. I think its the first time its even been mentioned by them!

+ Bildo818 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Oh yeah…Zipper did FTB1 and FTB2…/6 only did Tactical Strike. So hmmm…we’ll see. Althought I thought Tactical Strike was absolutely FANTASTIC! Such a great change of the SOCOM franchise and it worked!

+ SouthwoodS on April 16th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

NEver played the first to Fireteam Bravo’s but i have Tactical Strike (can’t get past the part where you have to disable the bombs on the oil towers things) but it is a great game. Socom Confrontation is an amazing game. Just need DLC for SOCOM CONFRONTATOIN.
GOING TO buy this game.

+ JimmyHACK on April 16th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Yay another good Socom game, it’s been a while

+ Bildo818 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

(can’t get past the part where you have to disable the bombs on the oil towers things) ‘

This was a really tough part!!! Once you get inside, all hell breaks loose!

+ ManaKnight on April 16th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Glad to see a Fire Team Bravo 3 come. I was actually pretty impressed by what Slant Six Games did with SOCOM Tactical Strike on PSP, so this should be all right (I personally feel Slant 6 is better suited for PSP than PS3 development).

+ SPOPS on April 16th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

YAWN…

I saw SOCOM and thought that I was finally going to hear some good news about Confrontation. You know maybe some DLC, etc…

Game has been out for over 6 months now and we do not have a single stitch of DLC.

+ Incubuster on April 16th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Sweet! PSP’s year gets even better! :D And best of luck to people at Slant Six, you’ve got your work cut out for you.

+ Bildo818 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

So far all positive things about Tactical Strike! Nice /6!

Confrontation just needs about 5-6 new maps and it will shut the haters up for a few months. You frequent updates and improvements to the game are getting praise now. So lets keep it up!

+ Nynja on April 16th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

If the weapon selection or registering button presses is anything like Confrontation, forget it.

+ SmogItUp on April 16th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

STFU with this lame PSP garbage. Fix Socom Confrontation, give us new maps, and apologize to the fans you lied to before the release of Confrontation.

+ darkwing75 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Will this be released on the PSN too?

+ LordMetzen on April 16th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Dear God, Slant Six developing this new game…hope they do a better job than with Confrontation.

Tactical Strike was good, but if anyone played Confrontation, they left a lot to be desired on release.

Hope they redeem themselves with this new game.

+ BIG-SLUG on April 16th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

I agree with SPOPS. With RE5 taking most of my video game time nowadays, I need an excuse to get back into Confrontation (more maps, more guns, more fun!)

+ Nynja on April 16th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

I had tactical strike, but traded it in. I would really like to give it another go, but I have been waiting for the PSN download version.

Since I’m on that subject… When are we going to get some better download options on the PSN store for PSP (referring to the UMD titles)?

I’ve seen the other SCEE and SCEI stores… What is SCEA waiting for?

+ InFaMoUs1- on April 16th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

PLEASE ADD PSP PLUS TO THIS GAME!!!!

I’d love this game even more if I could use my Dual Shock 3 controller!

+ zombie9 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

LOL I don’t even think /6 is done with Confrontation on PS3 yet??? And there making a PSP Game I guess Socoom on PS3 is dead for awhile..

+ Stoffinator on April 16th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Good to see the PSP start to get some love.

+ Griffins22 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Interesting. Any word on a demo?

+ lonewolf1994 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

WHAT ABOUT SOCOM CONFRONTATION??

+ Kren420 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

…..Slant Six……..I dunno……. i really would like to purchase myself a PSP soon but this is probably the least convincing game for the PSP ive seen all year….. Regardless i think its time I took the plunge

+ lowhonor on April 16th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

eh…i think there are enough socom games on the psp

+ Heavenly_king on April 16th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

I was hoping for better graphics, but if it plays great I will buy it :D

+ usjvc on April 16th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Slant Six ruined SOCOM. Stop this franchise already.

+ Tezasaurus on April 16th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

No wonder Confrontation is so broken and the updates create more problems than they fix. Slant Six hasn’t even been focusing on them. Thanks for [DELETED] us over.

+ RNBaran on April 16th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

i have a question

Socom Fireteam Bravo 1&2 had connectivity to the console counterparts of Socom 3&CA. Is Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 going to have any bonuses for either having past Fireteam Bravo’s or Confrontation (or even Tactical Strike)?

+ PullusPardusUS on April 16th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

man you guys are really whiny , i mean, they’re new to the online thing they released the game and thought the online would work , but it didnt so they fixed it, so why are you guys still whining like angst teenagers?.

only thing i want is news on DLC for Confrontation

Slant Six is good, they learned , they fixed , they’re still working more. what else do you want?

+ TheNukes on April 16th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

oh goody look its being developed by SlantSix, I think I will pass after the Confrontation Fiasco and I am sure so will many others

Here is a tip, drop SlantSix and find a competent developer.

+ VenomXv on April 16th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

PSP is going to have an awesome year. Best yet! I want that UMDless psp2 so bad.

+ Confucius89 on April 16th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

What Slant Six Games, this game is over before it even began.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on April 16th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

I have my reservations about slant six since they didn’t make FTB 1 or 2 I don’t think they’ll really capture and improve what made those two games great without changing it drastically.

+ Psycho_Eddie on April 16th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Slant Six?! After the cluster-frack they made of Confrontation? Lay off the pipe Whitney.

+ Darkos87 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Slant Six? Oh emmm efff gee noooo

+ evildude683 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Man, Im telling you even the Socom game for PSP have WAY better graphics than the one for PS3….

+ DaxMontana on April 16th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Slant Six did me up the rear-end once (Confrontation). Not quite sure I’m willing to bend over a second time.

+ Fusion_ID on April 16th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

lol. I guess evildude683 runs his PS3 on a Black & white, 1950′s TV.

+ XxBigP123xX on April 16th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

I will never buy another game from Slant Six after Socom Confrontation.

NEVER.

+ Psycho_Eddie on April 16th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

@PullusPardusUS

Spoken like someone that pays for his games with his allowance.

+ cybershinigami87 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

I’ve always been a huge fan of the Socom games on the psp minus Socom tactical. I’m excited about this and i hope it’s as good or even better than FT Bravo 2

+ Bildo818 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Do you guys really think a company with 100+ employees are only working on updating 1 game? I laugh at you! LOL

Ever heard of teams? Projects? Yeah, keep thinking Confrontation is the only thing they are concerned about. Hey, I am with you in regards to wanting new maps/guns etc, but come on!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

I Beta tested the two previous versions, can I test this one as well? Also now that they have this out of the way, can we assume that the newest patch will be incoming soon and that new maps will be released within the next month or so? We are getting bored with the few maps we have right nwo and would like to have at least 7-9 more maps. Guns too and bring back turrets. Even some C.A. maps would be nice(with vehicles).

I’ll buy this day one, must go preorder it today.

+ direkt57 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

i guess they just gave up on fixing their ps3 iteration and just thougth to try threir luck on a smaller scale.

this will probably be broken too…

+ StalkingSilence on April 16th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

I can’t wait to battle for “Medals” in this game. Hmm.. I wish they were actually PSP trophies as opposed to medals. I guess in my dreams…

+ mountain_duwe on April 16th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

Maybe Slant Six should worry about fixing Confrontation first before they go ahead and make a horrendous PSP title, yeah?

+ toology01 on April 16th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Yea I too wouldnt mind a REAL Socom release for the PS3. I was so disappointed with confrontation and the fact that it didnt even have a single player campaign too was ridiculous. Since I bought confrontation day 1 I was really mad cause i couldnt even play it for the first 2 weeks.

Anyway I know Zipper is working on MAG right now and am excited about that title, but I wouldnt mind if the PS3 socom franchise got passed to a different developer next time around and include a single player component. It would be awesome to see what Guerilla Games could do with it :)

+ MaGeeK-mAn on April 16th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

What about the CE system? Anyway continue the discussion by the socom.com forums!

+ DJMathU on April 16th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

OMG soooo exited! Its gonna be so much fun!!!!

+ mafecto on April 16th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

1600 FAT PRINCESS BETA KEYS AVAILABLE AT USATODAY.COM. Hurry! It’s been up for about an hour. Under “The Game Hunters” section. Direct link from joystiq.com as well.

PAGE 1 2