PS4-Watch_Dogs

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Revealed, Demo Exclusive to PSN!

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Apr 27, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

I Wanna Take YoU 4 A Ride this Thursday!

What’s up P-Essers? I’m here today to announce the imminent arrival of one of the worst kept secrets in the industry. You’ve seen the ESRB leak. You’ve seen the MadCatz joysticks. You probably visited a cryptic sight called www.tu4ar.com that just counted down to zero.

If you’ve been paying attention to my blogs and interviews, I’ve been leaking info about this day for quite some time. We conducted this Gamespot poll back in March of 2008 to gauge interest on what games you want to see us bring back. We listened to your feedback and tried to work quietly on the project. Well, as you know, I’m not the quiet type (the PR Ninjas here don’t like me so much). There was this MTV interview in June of last year, my PS blog on August 14th alluding to a Street Fighter surprise, and numerous blogs after that teasing this announcement.

So what’s the announcement? Here it is, officially:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Summer 2009

Yes that’s right. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 will finally arrive on PSN this summer! For more information on the full game, go visit Capcom-Unity.com.

But wait, there’s more. Here’s the freaking ace up our sleeve:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Store Banner

This Thursday, April 30, PlayStation Network users will enjoy a free, exclusive MVC2 demo! No need to purchase another game, just download it straight to your PS3 and get ready for some triple tag team action (A big thank you goes out to Rommel Hernandez who helped make this exclusive demo possible).

Here are the details of the demo:

• Two-player local matches
  • Six available characters – Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine
  • Seven selectable environments
  • Upscaled 1080p graphics
  • Widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratio
  • Two graphic filter options for character sprites
  • And other cool options to check out

Make sure you visit www.tu4ar.com for the latest MVC2 news and follow us on Twitter for special promotions and prizes!

And I’ll leave you with one last, cool little video, exclusive to the PlayStation Blog. This is an alternate music version of the trailer on tu4ar.com.

Enjoy!

From your friendly neighborhood Capcom employee,

John “HIERO 9D3” Diamonon

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 14

+ KUSHman666 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

thank you capcom and sony this is truly awesome!!!! u got my money ;-)

+ NOTTULYS on April 27th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

MVC2 is a definate must buy…I hope the real game has trophies….if not, oh well

+ jnco4383 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

Definitely playing the demo Thursday..definitely picking up the joystick..(I’ve needed this for years!) ..lucky enough to still have a ps2 copy..if it has enough new features I will definitely pick it up on the PSN!

+ Intocable22 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Rommel Hernandez deserves a promotion.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on April 27th, 2009 at 9:10 pm said:

He does, he really does!

+ JWun21 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Trophy support?
Custom soundtracks?
Demo?

I have both consoles(360 and PS3)
SO! I’M SOLD! ….. either way ….

+ MajorZero77 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Soo Awesome!

+ samuraisky on April 27th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

yyyyyessssssssssss yet the dayz of old be a new

+ Zhi13 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

Woooooo!!! Cant wait!
im all hooked for marvel and ready Friday to see X men origins: Wolverine

Also John are you more marvel or capcom ???

+ PolkCoPaco on April 27th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

Holy S#@t this is the best news I’ve heard gonna buy this one for sure. My team Cable, Zangeif, Guile 4 sure can’t wait 4 that online play.

+ PullusPardusUS on April 27th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

Like i said before i wish that a game called Capcom vs … (SHUN THE NAME THAT EVERYONE IN CAPCOM HATES!) Konam-gets banned-

FLOCK!!
no no but seriously imagine taking all your rage and hadukens on lets say , Alucard from castlevania?

+ joseph2411 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

Great!!! Keep up the good work Capcom!!

+ NINgod on April 27th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

where is the HD Remix?

+ buri0819 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

This is awesome thanks capcom

+ NOTTULYS on April 27th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

Please make it to where we still have to unlock the characters first, many may not like it, but it gives me time to practice and something else to do when not online….

Also, CUSTOM COLORS?

+ Insyt on April 27th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

i remember playin these games at the arcades…to have it at home on the ps3 and full hd tv hell yea gonna be glued to the set…

Pc,
Syt

+ Gunblader_ on April 27th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Hopefully this won’t be the only time I can download something from the playstation store with Tron Bonne in it. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

+ DARKGEEKROCKER on April 27th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

dont supose we can get a discount if we trade in our old marvel vs capcom 2?

+ bushisprez on April 27th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

The new improved formula w/ trophies and online… :)

I wonder what the value for the original playstation 2 copies of MvC2 are going to go for after the psn release?

My friend @ school is going to flip!

+ bushisprez on April 27th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

The new improved formula :)

My friend @ school is going to flip!

+ WiCkEd_Co on April 27th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

IGN says,
“Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will have a price tag of 1,200 Microsoft points or $14.99.”

+ Chase167 on April 27th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

light our darkest hour
autobots rollout

+ U_Nick on April 27th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

I’m going to kiss you on the mouth, Playstation Blog.

+ gdogg666 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

hey john i must ask u said the psx games and psp games would be coming well we r about to come into the month of may and sven from capcom says a few of them will be released sometime in may so why the wait what r the reasons why psx games would take so long to get the ok from sony and what not

+ DMPrince on April 27th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

@150.

What what? I bet they are putting the MvsC2 “Beta” with the full game when it’s released for 360 so we won’t have it any time soon until after it’s release ;o

+ Mosh_Pit on April 27th, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

“Choose your side.” Capcom!!! xD
Could of been a better music for the video lol.

+ iRoy on April 27th, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

THANK YOU CAPCOM DUDES!

I am so hyped on the exclusivity, you guys had me at “Marvel” but would it be too much to ask to go WAY back and release “Marvel Super Heroes” as a PSone title? I LOVED that game, it was my first fighting game and of course I got SF4 at launch, I still love fighting games. MSH pleaseee!

+ Ramage on April 27th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

John Sir…
this is poppycock!
I HAVE this game sitting on my shelf.
I HAVE a BC PS3.
Aside from the online where is my freakin’ incentive?

Why not give this the HD treatment SF got? I was really looking forward to this being another HD Remix and instead we just get the same old school (ie out dated) graphics?

Sorry if that sounds like a lot of hate…it’s just because I expect too much from you guys.

But really, I’d love to know why you guys opted NOT to do the HD Remix on this one? I know its a LOT of assets but c’mon.

Anyways um…good work…and stuff?

+ x3lit3forc3x on April 27th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

OMG i just opened this page and i cannot believe what im seeing, they have finally announced it, I cant wait OMG OMG OMG i feel like a little kid again. Thanks Capcom keep up the awesome work. demo in 2 days i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ crunchmonkey on April 27th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

XBOX 360 Achievements have already leaked. I assume the Trophies are the same:

Mega Buster
Win 50 Ranked Matches online.

#1 in the Hood
Win 100 Ranked Matches online.

I Am Doom
Defeat opponent in under 15 seconds. (Multiplayer)

Hyakuretsu Kyaku
Perform a 100 hit combo. (Multiplayer)

Berserker Barrage
Perform a 200 hit combo. (Multiplayer)

Shun Goku Satsu
Perform a 3 part hyper combo. (Multiplayer)

The Best There Is (At What I Do)
Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)

Get Out Of Here!!!
Perform 10 snapbacks within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)

Avengers Assemble!
Beat the game with Avengers theme team. (Arcade Mode)

Vampire Saviors
Beat the game with Darkstalkers theme team. (Arcade Mode)

Uncanny Heroes
Beat the game with X-Men theme team. (Arcade Mode)

World Warriors
Beat the game with Street Fighter theme team. (Arcade Mode)

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

This looks GREAT! I love you Capcom! Always have for the last 30 years…

also @ RurouniSaiya-jin just go to Shoppers drugs and get a mastercard gift card there and it will work for the store. It’s what I have been doin for the last while…

+ Kenshin71 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

Oh and why is Capcom being coy about announcing Lost Planet 2 for PS3? Is this going to be another timed exclusive with a crappy port?

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on April 27th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

LOVE IT!!!

JOHN THANK YOU FOR GETTING US TROPHIES AND SPECIALLY… IN-GAME XMB MUSIC!!!!!!!! YAY!

FIRST DAY BUY FOR ME AND MY CLAN!

+ Nightmare142 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:24 pm said:

Thanks John for the awesome news. This is a day 1 buy. 2D FTW

+ FourToedStatue on April 27th, 2009 at 8:26 pm said:

Man John this rocks. I hope if a lot of people buy this it puts us that much closer to Final Fight HD!

+ DNAgent on April 27th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

Exclusive demo? Yeah, that’s BS. If it’s a downloadable game for PSN & XBLA then the 360 will have a demo too except their demo will be a trial and it’s required with all games on XBLA.

It may be a timed exclusive if anything. Oh, and this really doesn’t cover up the fact that the 360 is getting a multiplayer demo of Bionic Commando while the PS3 gets nothing at all.

Capcom fails this gen. RE5, SF4, DMC4, SSF2THDR, and now MvC2. All of those have been botched in some way or another (ESPECIALLY RE5 & DMC4).

I highly doubt Sony wanted Capcom to have a publisher section in the PSN Store. If anything I bet Capcom paid tons of money that it gets from Microsoft to be on the store but it doesn’t really matter anyways since every game by Capcom is utter garbage anyways.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on April 27th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

this post makes me laugh.

+ phinnv8 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

Awesome, one of the best fighters of all time. Now if only Sony would release Final Fantasy VII and Chorno Cross on USA PSN store.

Oh and include Cross game VOICE chat with the next PS3 firmware.

+ DNAgent on April 27th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

Also, this game coming out in the summer won’t really help it seeing as how much better games will be coming out. Everytime Capcom says something is exclusive for the PS3 then you know it’s a load of crap.

+ zombiefriend on April 27th, 2009 at 8:45 pm said:

best song choice ever.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on April 27th, 2009 at 9:14 pm said:

tell my boss that, please.

+ Poopookakabumbum on April 27th, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

So the demo is on PSN, that’s fine.

Is the actual game shipping on a Blu-Ray?

+ stephen2005 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

This is awesome news. I never owned the original games and never had a chance to play it for any good length of time. Heard nothing but good things, though, so I’m glad to finally get the chance to play.

A demo this week as well!?!?!

Thank You! Capcom rocks

+ Capt-Fury- on April 27th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

hey John, who made the new Ryu and Wolverine art used in the video? looks like recent marvel drawings…

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on April 27th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

Joe Vriens..he\’s teh awesome.

+ Poopookakabumbum on April 27th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

Oh, it’s on PSN.

Thanks guys, for yet ANOTHER disappointment.

When will you learn that if you’re going to release stuff on PSN, it *MUST* be on DISC as well?!

I don’t know what it is, but you guys seem really, genuinely determined to alienate customers.

+ gold5225 on April 27th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

Hugs Capcom and then Hugs Wolverine… on second thought… Ah hell. Checks wounds.. passes out… Wakes up.. Has a epiphany… Yea Wolverine! The timing for the Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 demo is great because Wolverine Origins comes out May 1st can I have a prize for figuring that out?

+ KwietStorm on April 27th, 2009 at 8:58 pm said:

holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap

+ jncasanova on April 27th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

it’s 6 characters available at start and you fight your way to unlock the other 3000 that were featured in the other games?

+ Slipping_halo on April 27th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

@184

Wow…..bitter much??? Anyways good stuff guys! Thanks Capcom

+ azn_fury on April 27th, 2009 at 9:16 pm said:

So the real question is: how much will it cost?

+ Dark_Vincent on April 27th, 2009 at 9:18 pm said:

YOU’RE SO PRINGLES!
IZ MAHVEL BABIE~~

+ Thrasher20 on April 27th, 2009 at 9:18 pm said:

John!!!! I missed you! I can’t wait!

+ Dark_Vincent on April 27th, 2009 at 9:20 pm said:

Btw John, will this version support trophies? And PLEASE man, punish the ragequitters on this game’s online support please :)

Are there going to be separate modes online for the well-known god tiers and “the rest”? You know, like in some tournaments where you have rules like “low-tier only”..

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 14