Bloodborne

BUZZ! Rock Legends Quiz Pack Hits PSN Today

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on May 07, 2009 // Associate Producer

BUZZ! QuizTV Rock Legends Quiz Pack

Today you can challenge your music knowledge with the new Rock Legends Quiz Pack for BUZZ! Quiz TV. If you can name every member of KISS, know all of the words to “Don’t Stop Believin’” or you just love music, this is the quiz pack for you! The Rock Legends Quiz Pack amps up your quiz bank with over 500 new questions covering the most legendary rock bands, albums and songs of all time.

Below you’ll find a taste of what the Rock Legends Quiz Pack has to offer:

BRET MICHAELS FRONTS WHICH GLAM METAL GODS?
*KISS
*POISON
*SKID ROW
*MÖTLEY CRÜE

IN 1968, WHO TOOK US ON A ‘MAGIC CARPET RIDE’?
*THE TROGGS
*DEEP PURPLE
*STEPPENWOLF
*JEFFERSON AIRPLANE

WHO RELEASED THE GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING ‘MELLON COLLIE AND THE INFINITE SADNESS’?
*STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
*MUSE
*THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
*SILVERCHAIR

SUPERGROUP BAD ENGLISH WAS MADE UP OF MEMBERS OF WHICH BANDS?
* REO SPEEDWAGON
* JOURNEY
* STYX
* THE BABYS

WHICH QUEEN TRACK SPARKS A MEMORABLE SING-A-LONG IN THE MOVIE ‘WAYNE’S WORLD’?
*KILLER QUEEN
*DON’T STOP ME NOW
*WE WILL ROCK YOU
*BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for more exciting BUZZ! news coming soon. In the meantime, Rock On!

38 Comments

+ BlooodyCow on May 7th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Hay Jeff
Why isn’t my comments showing up with my other account? I know I am not banned. When I try to re-post my comments I am being told that it is a duplicate. And no my comment isn’t be moderating. Hell I am not sure if this comment will show up.

+ Prankst on May 7th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

I purchased every one so far keep’em coming! I love this game!

Constable John P. Silvaggio
Rhode Island State Constable
jpsilvaggio.com

+ jazzyrider on May 7th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Nice – music questions for Buzz!

+ BlooodyCow on May 7th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Wow my second comment didn’t show up. Is there something wrong with the blog servers Jeff? I try posting with this account also and only 2 comment has been posted after about 20 tries.

+ BrianMcGuinness on May 7th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Hey Cow, maybe because you have the grammar skills of a 6 year old.

+ warezIbanez on May 7th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

There better be some metal trivia… OR ELSE!

Also, Skid Row wasn’t glam, and it actually took a few albums to show that they were truly not just hair metal.

+ BlooodyCow on May 7th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

@5 BrianMcGuinness
Wow way to go insulting people dude. I am not going to lower myself to your level.

+ TheZed88 on May 7th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

MÖTLEY CRÜE
STEPPENWOLF
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
THE BABYS
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

Are all the questions that easy or am I just a Rock Junkie? Either way, sounds like the first Buzz expansion I need to pick up.

+ Exodus_Lang on May 7th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

I’ll probably get this once I can find my USB adapter for my wireless controllers. I forgot it at my sister-in-laws and someone threw it out :(

Can we buy another one somehow without buying a full new package?

+ RCJI on May 7th, 2009 at 7:32 am said:

This is a must buy for me!

+ Ftwrthtx on May 7th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

Nice to see more Buzz stuff. Thanks

+ Big_Hawk97 on May 7th, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

I’m pretty impressed I got most of those questions right. Go me!

+ NoobianGod on May 7th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

Always happy with the DLC

+ Watchmann on May 7th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

price?

+ mywhitenoise on May 7th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

I would buy this if it were $2. No way in hell am I going to spend $6 for this.

+ Arkeas on May 7th, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

@#8
Bret Michaels was the lead singer for Poison, not Motley Crue. Here’s the link if you doubt it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Michaels

+ sscoolChea on May 7th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

@2 hell yeah i have bought every single dlc to . I also have the ps2 and psp version of buzz . my girl loves the buzz series so keep it coming . Please answer this question ? will we get an add-on for buzz to add the ps2 buzz series gameplay for buzz quiz tv for the ps3 version . One more , Why can’t we just have the long game instead of making it short when playing with 5 or more . I think we should have that option to play long or short . Hate to play with 8 players and theres only 4 games to go through. Great job guys and keep them coming .

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on May 7th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

This is cool and all but what is real KEWL is that the inFamous Pre Order Demo is available for Download TODAY! I’m already playing it.

+ Thwip on May 7th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

Nice, I hope the price is back at $5.99 rather than the $7.99 price point you tried with the last quiz pack.

PS – @TheZed88 – Poison is the correct answer to question number 1; so I guess they aren’t so easy after all :0

+ DropD on May 7th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

@#8 rock junkie wouldn’t miss that one :-)

+ Ackers11 on May 7th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

hey jeff any news on the motorstorm competition – I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER A MONTH!!!

please read this and get something sorted out

thanks :-)

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on May 7th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

We need a bundle for all the packs!

+ StalkingSilence on May 7th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Buzz, but seems like the original categories were so well-designed that these packs kinda overlap. I would suggest making packs targeted to older audiences. I would download in a heartbeat to even the game out when I play with family. Oldies music is broad – people might like 70s, 60s, Classical, etc.

More history questions – AMERICAN HISTORY – something like that that applies for more older players.

+ Skater_Ricky on May 7th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Q: BRET MICHAELS FRONTS WHICH GLAM METAL GODS?
A:► POISON

Q: IN 1968, WHO TOOK US ON A ‘MAGIC CARPET RIDE’?
A:► STEPPENWOLF

Q: WHO RELEASED THE GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING ‘MELLON COLLIE AND THE INFINITE SADNESS’?
A:► THE SMASHING PUMPKINS

Q: SUPERGROUP BAD ENGLISH WAS MADE UP OF MEMBERS OF WHICH BANDS?
A:► THE BABYS

Q: WHICH QUEEN TRACK SPARKS A MEMORABLE SING-A-LONG IN THE MOVIE ‘WAYNE’S WORLD’?
A:► BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

+ TheZed88 on May 7th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

To everyone who called me out on the BRET MICHAELS question:

D***! Can’t belive I got that one wrong! I hang my head in shame….

Doesn’t change my verdict though, still the first Buzz expansion I’ll be buying. :)

+ evildude683 on May 7th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

@24
Nice did you found that on google?
Any way great pack, I’ll get it as soon they update the store ;)

+ jwspiker on May 7th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

really think these are over priced. needs to be 1/2 the price, or combine a bunch of these for a discounted price.

+ tsukasa1288 on May 7th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

sweet, me and a couple of friends the other day were just complaining that their should just be a rock category for buzz after getting owned by the by one of the general music category. i won’t be picking this up myself, but i’ll be sure my friend who owns buzz does.

+ JoeDuke4 on May 7th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Nice glad to see more DLC, this game is fun with the family.
Jeff, any ideas when we can expect a Motorstorm PR DLC announcment maybe at E3? Thanks

+ justintimeROA on May 7th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this pack since I bought Buzz last year. Thank you for finally delivering this!

+ GGCAN on May 7th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Thanks for this add on.

+ Thrasher20 on May 7th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Nice category

+ synchronizerman on May 7th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Can the Sonic Unlashed Mazuri Adventure Pack come today? (Maybe PSone classic Klonoa: Door to Phantomile too, since the remake will be sold soon…)

+ aranguren on May 7th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Here I go again with my comment for the BUZZ people: Please!!!!! a language pack, or at least a way to get into other regions servers to retrieve user created quizzes on other languages, c’mon how hard can it be???

+ Dehshizknight on May 7th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

LoL, Jimmy Hendrix FTW!

+ Kamahl_rg on May 7th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

i wish i had the game, this actually looks good :)

+ mywhitenoise on May 7th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

$8…what a joke.

+ Keebzerz on May 7th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Any chance we’ll ever see new game mode options for Buzz!? Sometimes you want to just answer questions casually like in point builder mode, not go through the entire sequence of game modes. It would be a huge bonus to be able to do just point builder or just pie fight, or select a specific sequence of game modes and number of questions. Even if it meant doing this disabled trophies for that round. PLEASE?!