PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

inFAMOUS – Your Questions Answered (#2)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 12, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Clearly, you’re excited about inFAMOUS. The reaction to yesterday’s Sucker Punch Q&A has been quite good, and there’s more where that came from. In today’s interview, Sucker Punch co-founder and Development Director Chris Zimmerman talks game length, amount of missions, and why you should bother to explore the living city they’ve created.

If, even after two days of Q&As, you *still* have questions about inFAMOUS… that’s OK. We’re working on setting up a time for the devs at Sucker Punch to join us for a live chat. Stay tuned for details.

+ alhomaidah on May 13th, 2009 at 3:22 am said:

game look very solid and very fun!
must get this ASAP.

+ AxCrege on May 13th, 2009 at 3:30 am said:

first day buy TOTALLY FOR inFAMOUS,FOR SUCKER PUNCH AND ALSO FOR THE UNCHARTED 2 BETA CODE(lol XD)

+ TopherTide on May 13th, 2009 at 3:31 am said:

@100

If you pre-order at GameStop you get a demo code, we are getting them really slowly and only one at a time for now, but it’s my understanding that a public demo is going to be released the Thursday before the release when the PSN gets updated…..Nevermind, I saw you said that already lol.

+ AnthonyDa1nOnli on May 13th, 2009 at 4:53 am said:

Hey Jeff first time commenting on the blog but i have to ask this question… Is there any chance of demons souls coming to the U.S.? Because the game looks amazing and i am about to import it but it’s very pricey.. Please tell to save my money becasue it’s coming over here… thanks

+ XgargunoX on May 13th, 2009 at 5:03 am said:

what questions are you going to ask them next?

+ andy-HC on May 13th, 2009 at 5:21 am said:

Just pre-ordered the european special edition of the game.. It looks so cool. Can’t wait.

+ Obstruct on May 13th, 2009 at 6:01 am said:

I just got the Pre Release Demo a couple of days ago and it is awesome. For those who have the demo, I noticed that you can recharge yourself by using the unlimited bolt(R1) on a metal object and absorb it (L2). Blast it multiple time for a ful recharge. Little hint, not sure if you are supposed to do that.

+ bigdaddyjane on May 13th, 2009 at 6:30 am said:

IS THEIR CO-OP OR MULTIPLAYER?

+ IIIKAGEIII on May 13th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

i have heard some good things from reviews… ign 9.2 sounds good.
i wasn’t even aware that there was a platforming element. nice mixture imo.. its like a next gen gta genre.

+ mixedkidbx on May 13th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

oh yeah another good question here!!

i noticed in the demo that there seem to be reapers every now and then. in the actual game will there be a ton more reapers that you will be fighting? it just seemed like there should have been more reapers to fight and give you a challange. im just hoping the amount of reapers was low cuz of the demo.

second question would be is hard gonna be harder in the game, then it was in the demo? OR, did hard in the demo seem kinda easy cuz there wasn’t a ton of reapers attacking like there would be in the actual game?

answer these questions :P

+ Sindred on May 13th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

Will we be getting demo tomorrow (5/14) on PSN :D ?

+ crXss on May 13th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

hilarious end comment, “Buy inFAMOUS!” lol. i will definitely first day buy since i need a new game… as long as Sucker-Punch stays loyal to Sony haha

+ Violater on May 13th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

Jeff what is the situation with preordering/purchasing from a specific retailer and exclusive DLC?

+ red5ive on May 13th, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

Heheh, “Buy inFamous!”

.. “OKAY!”

+ J4rden_ on May 13th, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

Hey.
Anyone knows if the Infamous will be a multilanguage game (like Killzone 2)??
I’m asking couse in my country the game will be released in full Polish version witch sucks if there will be no way to change the language:/

+ Def-yusuf on May 13th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

inFAMOUS collectors edition :

+ Post_Script on May 13th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

@23 – I was wondering that as well; you wouldn’t believe the amount of replay I’ve gotten out of games like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row simply because they let you keep playing afterwards.

He mentioned in that second video that you can rid the city of enemies, too. Hopefully there’s some way to make them respawn, like in Crackdown. Fun as it was, one of my biggest problems with GTA: San Andreas (IIRC) was the lack of rival gangs once you “beat” the game; it was fun to get into a sudden firefight when you happen to pass through someone else’s turf and I rather missed it.

+ ShadowTalyis on May 13th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

this is a bit off topic but you guys should promote Cross Edge a little. NIS America has been good to you Sony and us Sony fans. You should put the upcoming RPGS out there and show a pick of it on this site or ,show some NIPPON ICHI love.

+ zombie9 on May 13th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

13 day’s to go!! and I’m so busy playing other games. I did not even know there was a demo. Looks like I be playing PS3 for a long time!!!! :)

+ SKELLY7 on May 13th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

I’ll buy inFamous day 1 just because the game looks so damn good and those guys and girls over at Sucker Punch are just so cool.

+ almighty-slayer on May 13th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Thanks for getting even more questions answered Jeffy.

And don’t worry Chris, we will buy it ;)

+ GratefulSound on May 13th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Man, I really want this game but I have bills to pay… bummer. Well, I guess I have to trade in a couple of my games to get this

+ BigPoppaB on May 13th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

Alright… That’s enough about Infamous.

I am sold.

+ alexdelangel13 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

to HouseMorton,

YOUR A DUMB@$$

+ Venias on May 13th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

inFamous is just looking better every single time I hear more info about it. One of the best PS3 exclusives ever I’m sure of it.

+ AlexC224 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Will there be trophies in the game InFamous?

+ edgefusion on May 13th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

So, Jeff Rubenstein, you are officially the most attractive gaming personality (next to Cliffy B) as rated by me.

MOAR Rubenstein videos!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on May 13th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Jeff,

Please can you let me know if this game supports XMB Custom Music?

Or can anyone with the demo let me know?

Please…

+ LihimSidhe on May 13th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

I also want to know if there will be Custom Soundtracks in this game. I’m really at the point where I think I’d be willing to put up with the RRoD for the 360 just to have this feature.

Like what is so hard about this? I know Microsoft has a patent on Sony implementing it universally but can’t they mandate that developers put it in? How much does it cost? What’s are the technical reasons?

+ LihimSidhe on May 13th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

And if I can’t be answered here, WHO can I ask to get to the bottom of this? I mean I like my PS3 but Custom Soundtracks are something I really value. I spent 30 bux on cables to play music from my PSP through the same speakers as my PS3 to no avail.

Who can I speak to???????

+ kingmuscle on May 13th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

ohhhhh SNAP!!!! I FINALLY GOT MY QUESTION ANSWERD. THANKS JEFF. AND PS BLOG

+ blackflame91693 on May 13th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

Hey jeff, did they give any further details about the demo? great interview btw.

+ sun-ga89 on May 13th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

can u be like fully evil or fully good through out the game

+ eckoman1 on May 13th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

What about trophies?

+ Funnyguy194 on May 13th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Does anyone wonder if there is any replay value for this game other than just playing it over and over again?

+ MuffimMan on May 13th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Sounds pretty sweet
Two things:
1) Any news on a special edition?
2) I’ve seen the protagonist(I’m at a loss for his name right now) in many different colored versions of the same outfit. Are these buyable as armor, do they correspond to your disposition, do they correspond to your powers, am I imagining things, or is it something entirely different?

+ Ivan- on May 13th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

I already pre-order this game from GameStop waiting to get the demo from the PSN since GameSpot doesn’t have anymore. I hope in the near future they add multi-player like they doing to UNCHARTED2: Among Thieves. Also i would love more gold trophies just 1 kind of sucks.

Add Me My PLAYSTATION Network ID: Ivan-

+ nj_s1000 on May 13th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

InFAMOUS is a day 1 buy. Jeff will we see home unlockables ie(Cole action figure, jacket,etc..) by any chance that you know of? Thanks

+ AdoAJ on May 13th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Sweet…demo’s awesome!

+ sterster2 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

is it possible to re send my demo code rom gamestop they said they would like a month ago. but never happend is it in our power to re send it to me?

+ DustyBlue on May 13th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Lol what a funny guy… “BUY inFAMOUS!”

Thanks for the interview!

+ PIRATKOPIA on May 13th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

I have a question : Is those electrical flashes dynamic or scripted. Because those flashes looks really living.

+ cfcj12 on May 13th, 2009 at 8:12 pm said:

i like the guy they interviewed he was funny lol BUY INFAMOUS and i have alredy pre-order

+ carl1994 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

so, if you start the game allover again after you finished the game, you will not retain your powers?i really wanted the game to have that and i’m really dissapointed, but still…. i’ll buy the game because it looks really great!!!…

+ d1d1j on May 14th, 2009 at 2:41 am said:

Can’t wait to play it! However I have a question for Jeff. My question is after beating the story line do you continue to run around the city for freedom and exploration, like in games such as gta or spiderman 2,3? Or does the end mean that if you wish ro explore the city you must start a new game and try to find all of the collectables during the story? Thank You.

+ themacstewie on May 14th, 2009 at 5:39 am said:

jeff, it’s funny u actually respond to some of these people :D

it took a long time for sony to understand the Internet, i personally think this blog is better than anything Microsoft has to offer.

+ KyuubiTora on May 14th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Lol, I’m way ahead of yah Chris XD. I pre-ordered the game a few weeks back. I can’t WAIT till it comes out! I was also hoping that they’ll put a hard mode in, so that’ll add more replay value. Sweet!

+ SlowUrRole on May 16th, 2009 at 4:36 am said:

please release the demo now instead of the 21st im dying to play this game i already reserved it and i can’t wait until the 26th.
or give me a code. :)

+ flashboy12 on May 16th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

This game is gonna be freakin awesome! I want to ask this, If you preorder Infamous at Gamestop will the multiplayer voucher will be in the game case? By.

+ flashboy12 on May 16th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Sorry, about the misworded question i typed in. I meant to say ” If you preordered Infamous would the multiplayer voucher be inside the game case? By.