Minecraft PS4

NEW PS3 Greatest Hits

Kim Nguyen's Avatar + Posted by Kim Nguyen on May 28, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Summer’s almost here and you know what that means – longer days and more time to spend with your favorite PS3 titles! We’re giving you even more reason to sit back, relax and kick it with your PS3.

Once again, we are re-releasing some of our top PLAYSTATION 3 titles as “Greatest Hits.” Like the first set of Greatest Hits, these titles represent the best of the best at an incredible value. Starting June 16, you can now get these blockbuster titles for only $29.99.

Check out the list of Greatest Hits:

RCFuture - PS3 Greatest Hits MGS4 - PS3 Greatest Hits

GT5 - PS3 Greatest Hits Devil May Cry 4 - PS3 Greatest Hits

Enjoy!

188 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ivan_Krazy on May 28th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

Kool First comment…
Thanks and they are great games :)
may need to pick up MGS4 xD

+ yourenzyme on May 28th, 2009 at 6:04 am said:

How is Uncharted not on this list?

+ TerryVSL on May 28th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

•Army of Two – meh
•Battlefield: Bad Company – meh
•Devil May Cry 4 – garbage
•Gran Turismo 5 Prologue – insane
•Metal Gear Solid 4 – how can anyone not own this yet?
•Ratchet & Clank Future – awesome

+ Blackwtr_Merc on May 28th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

Looks like I may finally have to pick up Tools of Destruction.

+ I_am_rushin on May 28th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

Looks really cool. I was expecting this at E3, but it looks like Sony has too much stuff already :D.

+ Heisem on May 28th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

Awesome!!, since i already got MGS4, R&C sounds like the best deal

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on May 28th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

Great to see added games! Let’s add UNCHARTED!

+ Kenshin71 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

You guys should think about getting some more 3rd parties to put full titles on PSN. Obviously some won’t fit but if Criterion can do it with Burnout Paradise I’m sure some other devs would be interested, maybe 6 months after retail release. Extra revenue for them, adds value to the PS3 and gamers can keep some great games on their HDD for instant play. Win all round.

+ improperlyaged on May 28th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

lame gt5 prologue and mgs4 were already priced at greatest hits level 39.99 anyway. in fact didnt prologue start at that price? i guess that means it’ll be what 19.99? i mean that would be fair. Charging the same price point wouldnt really make sense. anyway good job on adding the gh. now how bout unchrated and heavenly sword i own both and they deserve the honor.

+ Darkos87 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

some awesome games here… metal gear solid 4! this probably means trophy patch wont be coming out for it.

+ improperlyaged on May 28th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

oh duh 29.99 sorry…. but still if gt:p was only 39.99 to start shouldnt it be cheaper since the other titles started at 59.99 and since gt:p is technically only a demo anyway not a full game.

+ gbovo on May 28th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

What about Uncharted?!!

+ haran_elessar on May 28th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

29.99 for GT Prologue? Shouldn’t it be 19.99? All others are half the price while GT is only 25% cheaper.

+ PrometheusUFO on May 28th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

Time for me to finally get R&CF Tools of Destruction — after the price drop but before the ugly red case. :p

+ crazypeng1 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:21 am said:

WTH, no uncharted? i mean i already have the game and everything, but seriously, how is it NOT a greatest hit? and seeing as among thieves isn’t too far away, wouldn’t you want to promote it a little? better do that soon.

+ gus_xl on May 28th, 2009 at 6:22 am said:

Isn’t Army of Two 20 bucks at Best Buy anyways? Would that be a raise in price?

+ Aggie_CEO on May 28th, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

nice…didnt expect to hear about new games being added until Next Tuesday @ E3….does this mean more games are going to be added??

+ RockgamerXIII on May 28th, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

You can already get Army of Two and Battlefield for $20 at most places, so hopefully they don’t actually go up when these GH titles hit the stores.

+ tearsofash on May 28th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

All very great games!

Hopefully the people that haven’t given R&C or MGS4 a chance will reap these benefits. Also, will GT5P on PSN be seeing a price drop to correlate? (Or maybe it already has?)

+ Ramage on May 28th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

How much will GTP be as a greatest hit? Wasn’t it already cheaper than most titles to begin with?

And I still never got an answer as to how people who have GTP will get the ‘complete’ game when GT5 comes out. Any response to that?

+ Pound_lb003 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

Are you related to Thierry Nguyen?

+ remanutd5 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

wow nice to see Ratchet and Clank , Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo 5 prologue on the list but Kim wheres Uncharted Drakes Fortune and Heavenly Sword , i seriously think Heavenly Sword is a great game and Uncharted is one of the best single player experiences on the system , just behind the epic metal gear solid 4 , other than that great list Ratchet is awesome , Gran Turismo is simply Gran Turismo lol , i have never liked Devil May Cry im more of a Ghost of Sparta fan lol

+ LegendByName on May 28th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

More early announcements? Sony must really have a ton of announcements for E3.

Good news though. Was Hoping Uncharted or Heavenly Sword would be on that list so more people could experience the awesomeness

+ Tigerriot on May 28th, 2009 at 6:32 am said:

Army of Two can be purchased for $20 on Amazon right this minute.

Battlefield Bad Company can be purchased for $19 on Amazon right this minute.

lol

+ remanutd5 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:33 am said:

get Uncharted and Heavenly Sword on that list , heck even Folklore should be in it

+ WFMMK on May 28th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

I’m gonna buy MGS4 again since I love everything MGS related and I wanna have a greatest hits game.

+ SeventhAxes on May 28th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

Just like many I’m a bit suprised not to see Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Heavenly Sword as greatest hits…while I do own both games (and love them!) I still believe they are worthy of a price drop for other people to experience.

On the other hand, I’m looking forward to pick up Rachet and Clank Future: Tools of Destructions. That and inFamous should hold me for a while…

+ whiskey_14 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

KEEP THE RED CASES!!

+ DMeisterJ on May 28th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

I’ll finally pick up Tools of Destruction and GT5:P, and maybe DMC4… Already have MGS4.

+ Hawt on May 28th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

Yeah no Uncharted, are you guys kidding me? It’s been out how long?

It wouldn’t surprise me, but is it really still selling so well new at $49(?) that you don’t want to lose the extra $20 a sale?

+ RobRoks on May 28th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

So its the same as Platinum? :P

+ Anguissette on May 28th, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

When Sony releases Greatest Hits, does the disk contain the latest version with patches, or is it still the original release version?

+ zombie9 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:44 am said:

Uncharted? and you can get these games used for $25 even better.

+ MGSTigerFox on May 28th, 2009 at 6:44 am said:

I’m very glad to see these games become Greatest Hits! I have a great suggestion that everyone at Sony should take into consideration. Given the financial crunch that the vast majority of the middle class and lower middle class face, I think that instead of lowering the price of the PlayStation 3 itself, that Sony should knock off about $10 on the price of each of the new games produced! Instead of games retailing for $59.99, sell them for $49.99. I know many people who avoid the PlayStation 3 format because the disc-based games are just too expensive. This is a serious idea that should seriously be discussed and considered. Making Metal Gear Solid 4 one of the Greatest Hits titles is an excellent idea – given Konami’s apparently increasing desire to better-incorporate with the PlayStation Network. I totally approve!

+ LokeSTL on May 28th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

Since these are “re-released”, will we be getting trophies for the ones that didn’t get them the first time around? I particularly interested in DMC4. According to your trophy rule, all titles released this year and after must have trophies. :P

+ eaferrari24 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

nice, grats sony.. i was a little bit shocked about mgs4 droppings its price in less than a year

+ czakhary on May 28th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Nice additions to the greatest hits collection.

+ TakiFuGu on May 28th, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

LOL, none of these games have Trophy support.

+ jedi_webslinger on May 28th, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

It is better for me to buy GT Prologue now? Or wait for the full game? If i buy Prologue, do i just need to upgrade or i need to buy the full game??

+ ManaKnight on May 28th, 2009 at 6:49 am said:

Awesome to hear. I already own some of the games, but glad to see more can purchase MGS4 and such cheap. :)

+ TakiFuGu on May 28th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

I’d love to buy Ratchet & Clank Future but there’s no Trophy support. I already own the rest. I totally regret buying Devil May Cry 4.

+ Nadafinga on May 28th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

@ those wondering where Uncharted is:

It’s obviously still selling well at the higher price point, so there’s no reason for them to lower the price on it yet. It’s Economics 101.

Don’t worry, it will be a GH someday.

+ VisionaryLight on May 28th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Where’s Uncharted?
Seriously this should be $30 right now. I’m not pre-ordering 2 till I can play the first game.

Army of Two-Already $20
Battlefield: Bad Company-Already $20
Devil May Cry 4-Been $30 for months
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue-What? I’m not paying $30 for this!
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots-Picked it up for $30 a month ago. Worth it!
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction-I just finished it Tuesday night good game.

+ TakiFuGu on May 28th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

@ 10

I don’t think they’ll ever patch MGS4 with Trophies since they already announced MGS5. It’s not looking good for MGS4 at all. It sucks because I was waiting for the Trophy patch so I can do my third run through.

+ MGSTigerFox on May 28th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

As an addition to my previous comment (No. 34), if the PlayStation 3 standard titles receive my suggested price drop (from $59.99 to $49.99), then I suggest the Greatest Hits titles also receive a price drop, of say, $5 each. That could seriously drum up some good business and probably more software sales! This would be an excellent announcement at E3! =)

+ DonnyG on May 28th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

cool

+ ski_bumm on May 28th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

Excellent! I really wanted to buy Ratchet & Clank, but figured a price drop may be coming. Thanks Sony!

Now just need to add another big Hit to the “Greatest” lineup: Uncharted! Hopefully just in time for the release of the sequel!

+ TakiFuGu on May 28th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

Ooops, Battlefield: Bad Company does have Trophy support. I had enough of the FPS genre. Who needs B:BC if you already own Killzone 2, R2 and COD4?

+ JuanDHexen on May 28th, 2009 at 7:00 am said:

That’s a great list I hope to see Heavenly sword and Uncharted very very soon.

+ RPGJock on May 28th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

Yeah, how is Uncharted and Heavenly Sword not on this list. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, I already got the game but Heavenly Sword is two years old and still at full price at most places.

PAGE 1 2 3 4