Far Cry 4

MAG Arrives on January 26, 2010 – Jump into the Shadow War at PAX Seattle Blog Meet-Up

Seth Luisi's Avatar + Posted by Seth Luisi on Aug 14, 2009 // Director of Development, SCEA

We know you have been eagerly awaiting news to find out when you can finally become one of the 256 operatives in a MAG battle…you’re in luck. The team at Zipper and SCEA are happy to announce that MAG will hit North American retailers on January 26th, 2010.

We also know that many of you have an itchy trigger finger, so we’re making sure that you have plenty of opportunities to experience the battle before launch. Many of you were fortunate to have some time with MAG at E3. Now the Shadow War continues at PAX; Join Zipper, SCEA, Jeff, Chris and fellow PlayStation.Blog readers for a MAG-centric community event in downtown Seattle. The event is scheduled for Friday, September 4th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM PDT. 200 lucky PS.Blog readers are invited to attend the 256-person function and get hands-on with a new MAG map. Members from the MAG team at Zipper will be on hand to take your feedback and answer your questions. SCEA will also be showing off the new PSPgo and a few upcoming PSP titles.

All you need to do is be one of the first to RSVP below and choose which private army you plan to join. By now, you’ve read and heard some of the information on the three PMCs in MAG—Raven, Valor, and S.V.E.R.—and it’s time for you to start choosing your allegiance. Be prepared to stand up for your private army.

And if you can’t make it to PAX, we’ll be doing something special for a select group of PS.Blog readers, so stay tuned for more details. We’ll also be releasing more information on the MAG Public Beta very soon.

Battle lines are being drawn in the Shadow War and no mercy will be shown after January 26th, 2010. For those of you who were unable to attend E3, here’s the first Web release of the MAG E3 trailer. We’ll have new assets coming very soon.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Hammer3ID on August 17th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

I would love to be part of this beta. I beta tested SOCOM 2..and loved it. My clan [3ID] 3rd Infantry Division has been around since the beginning of SOCOM. We enjoy playing shooters of all types. Being the leader of a gaming clan…my boys will follow my lead. Just let me know and I’ll get you 30+ ex-military gamers…Looks like VALOR for us.
3ID will fire shots on day one in January.
COUNT ON IT.

+ conda2 on August 17th, 2009 at 11:44 pm said:

Game is going too be deadly

+ wwPOLARww on August 18th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

I guess I’m one of the few that are glad this game was pushed back. MAG was one of the reasons I finally bought a PS3, and I want this game to be polished once it’s released. Not to mention it gives this game a chance to shine not being released in a crowded holiday season.

+ MR_ALX on August 18th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Where is my Invite for the BETA.. My NAME was created solely for this Franchise. ZIPPER where is my invite, I tried to remain as loyal as possible but I eventually gave in to ps3 with confrontation? SO I excuse you from making the mistake and forgetting me the first round of BETA players for MAG. Cheers regardless glad to hear SONY has you at work again.

+ LeoMindfreak08 on August 19th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

hope to get an invite to the beta… please!!

+ Angelic_Nitemare on August 19th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

I remember back in the day, on socom 1 ha, now all threw the zipper games i remain the champ, cant wait to own MAG

+ DigitalDevilSaga on August 19th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

i don’t normally play too many shooters, but this one looks like a lot of fun!

+ DigitalDevilSaga on August 19th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

im looking forward to joining the S.V.E.R. faction =D

+ zeel-01 on August 19th, 2009 at 10:03 pm said:

i just want too pre order it. can you announce that plz.

+ jaie81 on August 20th, 2009 at 1:07 am said:

Can’t wait for this game everyone who plans on playing add me PSN:jaie81

+ forenger on August 20th, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

this game looks so cool.i cant wait for mag,im not really worried about the whole release change. it means more time to improve a MAGnificiant game (good luck trying to improve though,to me it looks to good). the beta sounds awsome to i’ve never been in one but if i dont get picked i might be able to control myself until it comes out.

+ MeeKrab4You on August 23rd, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

wish i could make it to PAX, would love to preview this game i have been waiting for sometime now! dont let me down sony i have sworn by your side for years!

+ suadeshoes on August 23rd, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Well I became a fan of Zipper years ago when the Socom franchise began, quickly becoming an addict. So naturally I have been very eager to see what MAG is all about. Have had high hopes, and today my friend tells me (he is socom junky as well) that he played the mag beta, and it was garbage. Hard to believe but I do trust his judgement. I hope this is not the case, I was going to preorder this game until I heard that. Id like to try the beta too, but he said you can not invite friends. :( I just hope this game beats Confontation.

+ mann1_8_7 on August 24th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

this is my first time leaving a comment but i have been playing online games snice delta force and black hawk down i can see this is that mag is going to take the online gaming commuinty by storm good job!!!

+ gunner420 on August 25th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

i should have that beta im a socom veteran same name for the last 8 years gunner420 die hard socom fan ready to go to the next level yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for the qore release of the public beta on sept 17th to the yearly subscribers lol i wonder qore subsciptions will go through the roof record year for qore

+ DrMythicSeabass on August 31st, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

First time going to PAX. Just to play this game.
Also one of the reasons I purchased a PS3. To play this.

+ Pretender2545 on August 31st, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I dont give a crap about FPS except Call Of Juarez bound in blood, Battlefield, and this. I just hope this isnt epic fail what with the 256 players. Socom failed for sometime with just 32. But then again Resistance had 60…

+ LILjOkEr09 on September 12th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

man can we still get invited to mag beta? this game looks awesome i rlly need to reserve this game(: its gona b like the game of year(: wit its massive multiplayer but yea is there a way i can get invited to mag beta? if there is how do u get invited?

PAGE 1 3 4 5