Bloodborne

Rock Band Unplugged On the PSPgo

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Aug 27, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Not too long ago, Rock Band Unplugged made its debut on the PSP-3000 system. We’ve seen a great response to the game and now Rock Band Unplugged is coming to PSPgo!

For a limited time, when you purchase a PSPgo system, you’ll have access to a PlayStation Network downloadable voucher for Rock Band Unplugged Lite. This lite version of Rock Band Unplugged will allow you to play five full tracks. Plus, you can create your own personalized version of the game by purchasing your favorite Rock Band songs from the PlayStation Network. Now the only instrument you’ll need to rock anywhere is the PSPgo system!

PSPgo with Rockband

Again, quantities are limited so be sure to mark your calendar for October 1.

373 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ Ftwrthtx on August 27th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Will there be a GT PSP bundle?

+ Antonisbob on August 27th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

no ps store update!?!?!

+ jdude95 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Nice that’s awesome! And first…

+ niall077 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

a “Lite” version? LAME!!!

+ Bluprintz on August 27th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

nice push for the pspGO. this may be the year of sony

+ xeno3d on August 27th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Don’t care about Rock Band but I’ll be there to pick up my PSP Go on 10/1!!

+ Asylum3395 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

We get ripped off since in Europe they get Gt PSP and we dont even get a full game we just get basicly a demo of a game

+ PSmonkey on August 27th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

Lite?

Uggg God!

+ DMeisterJ on August 27th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Lame.

+ Midgetguy on August 27th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

It’s still a free gift guys! I think it’s pretty cool!

I’m definately getting a PSP Go eventualy… I just don’t know whether I’ll get it at launch or not… (I have a PSP 3000 at the moment, so I’m still considering which one I prefer… )

+ ghamdikh1 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

COOL

+ mafia28 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Damn i was hopeing we get that gran turismo psp deal like Europe, oh well something is better than nothing i guess.

+ Jetup on August 27th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Great, getting my pspgo

+ Asylum3395 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

First we get ripped off by the fact that its just $50 less the the PS3 and now we dont even get GT we get a demo of a game that not alot of people want. I ready to cancel my preorder of the PSPGO

+ awsome_robot on August 27th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

just 5 songs? might as well not include it. Sticking to my psp-2001.

+ tetsou9shima on August 27th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Thats great…..now how about releasing that pspgo a little early. I hate waiting.

+ dmadzak on August 27th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Is my old fat PSP now obsolete or will all the new games be backwards compatible with it?

How about all the new bite-size stuff that will appear in the download store?

+ sscoolChea on August 27th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Do you guys know if any of these retailers will do a trade in program for your previous psp for the pspgo…or is it better to just give it to my nephew and pick the pspgo all together…how about $100 off or something ?

+ Asylum3395 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

@dmadzak your fat psp will still be able to play all the games even the new bite-size ones

+ angelcoma on August 27th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

All digital downloadable games will work on all PSPs, they just promote them this way for some reason.

Anyway, this game is great, if you are in the market for some awesomeness, DO GET!~

+ psyXcho on August 27th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

wow weak, Europe gets GT and we get rock band lite? glad I’m passing on the overpriced PSPGo.

Way to shaft your U.S. counterparts.

+ Chaos_Bladez on August 27th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

What? Just a demo? Whack!
This machine is already so overpriced and if I buy it early I get a demo . Wow good move…
Why not a full game like, hm I don’t know gran turismo or motorstorm?

+ TuxBobble on August 27th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

I’m a little disappointed. I’d prefer GT personally. Or even just like a $20 PSN voucher. But Rock Band Unplugged “Lite”?

Garbage.

+ TuxBobble on August 27th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Sorry, I shouldn’t say “garbage”. But still, very disappointing compared to the PAL bonus…

+ rothbart on August 27th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Is anyone else surprised we haven’t seen a PSP version of SingStar? Also, why haven’t they released a SingStar Lite like this on the PS3. Buy it for $5 w/2-3 songs, then simply DL the songs you want from SingStore.

Slightly off topic, I know, but I think it’s a reasonable business model. Not sure I like how RBU itself plays though…

+ CoveredInGoo on August 27th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

As long as the 5 songs are:
Modest Mouse – “Float On”
Queens of the Stone Age – “3’s and 7’s”
System of a Down – “Chop Suey!”
Nine Inch Nails – “The Perfect Drug”
Rush – “The Trees”

Then I’d me fine with it seeing as how you can still download other songs.

+ Chaos_Bladez on August 27th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Not Tux, garbage is appropriate. A pre order demo for a console that’s too expensive anyway and how no plan was announced for our UMDs? Dumb.

+ depward on August 27th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Not the full game? Really? Hmm..

+ CoveredInGoo on August 27th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

Then I’d *be fine with it…

+ GraffitiSkies on August 27th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

i think the lite idea is pretty stupid but for everyone complaining about the Europe Gt bundle. Think about this way they are paying 250 Euros… thats almost 1.5x what we have to pay. I still think it is kinda weird that the PSP Go is 50 less than the PS3

+ ADR143 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

dam nice

+ Tr3p1dat10n on August 27th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

The bad news about these blog posts=really late ps store update =(

+ RodSquad1167 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Spend $250, and receive a demo?
Wow, thanks for the favor.

+ Enigma777 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

This is stupid! I want a free copy of GT like the Europeans! Either lower the price or give us a full free game, not some sh**ty demo!

+ OddyOh on August 27th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

Where’s my NHL 10 demo!

+ Superbeens on August 27th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Lite! LITE!!! What!!!???!!!
You can’t really think people will be happy about this when its just crap next to the bonus items being given in other markets do you? I like how you posted the quick little message with no serious details and then took off before you had to answer any of our complaints. Never mind the fact that its not even a new release game.

+ KS-Canuck92 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

PS Store updates in like 30 mins people chill

Then we can DL NHL 10 :D

+ mztik on August 27th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

This is very disappointing news. Europe gets Gran Turismo, and we get a demo of Rock Band. I expected the same bundle for us, but since that is not the case, I’ll cancel my pre-order and buy it a later date (when the store is filled with tons of PSP games).

+ almighty-slayer on August 27th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

It contains 5 tracks?? Umm….Right…Pointless?

+ drkane01 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Lite? So now its going to be like the G1 phone apps. Pspgo should look into apps like phone misc apps that aren’t necessary but peopple use and want them lol like an app to record all the games u have incase people want to know on the go lol

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on August 27th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

This sucks, no one cares about RB, we want a GT bundle.

+ addyjones1234 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

guys, deal with it you lot get stuff earlier than us and better deals all the time, we just face it so what you dont get 1 game your getting the console cheaper than us anyway

+ Enigma777 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Way to give the middle finger to the US customers… I’m seriously debating whether to keep my Go preorder now…

+ death_vader301 on August 27th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Will im use my 3000 for my japanese games and rare umd disc then ill use the go for my us account also got both FFVII and the jp has 4 disc at almost 2000 mb and us like at 1300 mb but wish we get the gt go like uk cuz already have unplugged on umd

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 27th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Looks spiffy.

+ krae_man on August 27th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

Ah ha ha ha ha ha.

“Hey guys, we know we’re ripping you off on the Price of the PSP Go and the EU is getting GT PSP for free.

So we’ve decided to give you a download voucher for Rock Band lite which is only slightly larger then the free demo already available on PSN.”

-SCEA

+ The_Sifu on August 27th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

Just wanted to say that this lite version is different from the previously released demo. The demo only gave you the tutorials and 3 songs, which you could only play through about a minute of. Not only does the Lite version give you 5 songs, but they’re the full songs. Also, the lite version supports downloadable songs, so you can add to your library without needing the full game.

As an owner of the full game though, I’d still like to know how I can transfer this game (and other UMDs) to a PSPgo system.

+ StrathconaFC on August 27th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Yes, this is the absolute worst deal for PSPGo users. I have to buy a PSP for work purposes (I write for a videogame site) and this just does not justify a purchase. I have every intention to suggest to people to hold off…or save 50 dollars and buy a home console.

Very disappointed.

+ Torgo on August 27th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

That’s nice, I guess, but a lite version of this compared to GT PSP in EU kinda leaves an empty feeling in my belly.

+ krae_man on August 27th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

Seriously guys why is this limited edition? this is a great idea if it somes packed in on all PSP’s. People who wouldn’t normally buy Rock Band Unplugged might buy a DLC song or two.

As a special bonus for early adopters this fails horribly.

You do realise the group of people the PSP Go caters too are internet savy and know the thing is overpriced and better pack ings are being offered in other regions don’t you?

PAGE 1 2 3 8