LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.00) Update Imminent

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Aug 31, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

UPDATE: The PS3 Firmware (v3.00) update is now live. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 3.00.

Just in time for the official launch of the 120 GB PlayStation 3, PS3 Firmware (v3.00) will be available shortly. As detailed during gamescom 09, 3.00 will introduce a number of great features, including “What’s New,” a redesigned status indicator and Friends List, and support for new avatars and dynamic themes.

We look forward to your feedback once the update goes live.

1,540 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 31

+ MoneyMaker110 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

firmware is coming. i need to stop procrastinating and upgrade my 60 gig to 500.

+ chwdr93 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this update for a while. too bad i just got the yellow light of death today =( i got bad luck.

+ EvoAnubis on August 31st, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

BTW, hopefully my educated guess about the time was wrong, and it’ll be up much sooner. That’d be nice.

+ rAdIOhEad73 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Should I go to bed or should I wait for it??!!! how much longer I have work tomorrow!!!! arrghhhhh

+ jipmg on August 31st, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

OMG YESS I LVOE YOU

+ ShadOforce on August 31st, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

+ kassatsu on August 31st, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

I can’t believe the clock is fixed.

+ EvoAnubis on August 31st, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

“What the hell is up with people wanting cross game chat? PS3 is too cool for such a pointless feature.”

I disagree. It would be a great feature. Hell, I might even use it once or twice if the option was there.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

@41 but there is still a way such as using a piece from a video as a theme. This could be done with in the ps3 itself. Like the icon for movies can be changed from anypart in the movie for 15 sec.

That would be sweet if we could do that, i would have a epic fight scene from FF in the background

+ Sereal_Killer on August 31st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

nice cant wait.
even tho this is just a face lift it might be a way for Sony to test how small the can get the XMB footprint.

i do hope there are some free animated themes cause making non available would be stupid especially for those people who have yet to gain access to a PSstore in their country or those who are still waiting on PSN cards.

anyway keep up the good work sony

+ Nebozilla on August 31st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

I cant wait! Hopefully this is the beginning to 2010 being a wonderful year for the PS3. :)

+ electronicpart on August 31st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

I’m praying for no bug .I already backup my data

+ jlosurdo on August 31st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

awesome! cant wait!

+ Draicus on August 31st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up. Really looking forward to it.

+ Neil on August 31st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

This is better than life!

+ Wheresatom on August 31st, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

I am looking forward to this.

Am I the only one who would love for these updates to happen at the same time for the manual online updates here:

I prefer that method because the download is faster most often, but not if I have to wait a couple days to get it.

+ Hit_me24 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

After the EA shenanigans, Sony secretly put in universal custom soundtracks and cross game chat in firmware 3.0 simply because Sony hates Harry Potter.

DO IT SONY. DO IT.

+ NoobianGod on August 31st, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Looking forward to it! Bring it on!!!

I’m on the East Coast though…should I wait, or go to bed???

+ ArchaicWeed420 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Nice ! Been hyped for this since Gamescom.
Dynamic themes here i come !

+ ShadOforce on August 31st, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

@EvoAnubis

+ DTXSFC on August 31st, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Sweet!

+ katsuo7171 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Sooon as in before 9 PM PST-12 AM EST or soon as in 10 PM EST 7 PM PST?

+ baahas on August 31st, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Can’t wait. Good move on adding more avatars I’ll say. Also I can just imagine the possibilities with the dynamic themes. :)

+ Erasure242 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

@35 LOL… God mode? Yet they are still last place right now? Also, I see Slims EVERYWHERE down here… Have seen them for a week now. Just chill and enjoy your system (no matter what system that may be). Enough of the fanboy rants… (and no I am not a fanboy… there are Gamers out there that enjoy all 3 systems evenly)…

+ s_S-killaz336 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

I hope it unbans my ps3 so i can play online…. Thatll be a miracle.. Just got killzone 2 the other day and now im banned fr LIFE

+ EvoAnubis on August 31st, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

“If you were only going to use it once or twice then what’s the point? Just to have it? How lame.”

Having options > not having options. I only rarely use PS2 BC either, but it’s nice to know it’s there.

+ lmike1234 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Sweet!!!

+ ZAANOS on August 31st, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Sweeeet I hope imminent means within 30 minutes of this blog post. Pleaseeeee! My bro bought a PS3 Slim today…he will finally stop hogging mine. Today was his first day of college too he’s gonna come home happy tonight.

+ chriscowboyd on August 31st, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

When is the ps3 going to be able to access nested folders like the psp can?

When will all ps3 games be upscalable to 1080p as all ps2/ps1 games can?

When will custom soundtrax be a system wide, developer independent feature?

When will the psp get trophies to incentivize purchase of psp games instead of piracy of them?

When will the ps3 get system wide cross game invites and voice chat?

When will home bring back public space voice chat?

When will home get developer independent online multiplayer game launching?

+ Train1999 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Looking forward to this one. Great preview video. Can’t wait to check it out.

+ EvoAnubis on August 31st, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

“When will home get developer independent online multiplayer game launching?”

Uh…tomorrow?

+ Duseldorf on August 31st, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

YAY I’ll put the slimy fish away…no slapping tonight.

+ Nick212004 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Do not get me wrong PS3 FW 3.00 is cool, but is an update with extras instead of the necessities like the universal party system, cross game chat, and cross game invites. I personally feel that Sony should focus all of their efforts on those features before adding the cool little extras. Just keep bringing firmware updates.

+ Kilo720 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

can’t wait

+ Berae on August 31st, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

I know everyone is asking for it and you probably do too im talking about cross game chat
what we dont know tho is why its taking that long to make it happen, i mean its the most wanted feature, anyway.

Thanks for this firmware update

+ EvoAnubis on August 31st, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Actually, nevermind what I just said. All we know about Home v1.3 is that it’ll be out ion September sometime.

+ cowboyd21 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

@ 20 LMAO dude i have a ps3 and 360 and let me tell you that the in game chat feature is the most overhype feature on the console. LOL i get a message to in game chat i never use it but don’t get me wrong there are a few good games but that it netflix ok that if you like old movies , XBL is a little better then PSN but not much if you get a 360 in six months you going to be kicking yourself. Get the slim now while you can dude LOL you can get a 360 anytime but hey it’s your lost not sony.

+ WackyWeedCreed on August 31st, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Sparkles FTFW!

+ Vaughn21 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Sweet! Love FW updates!

+ harv052 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Shame that I can’t use themes…They just don’t stay in place, they always reset…Be nice to have a solution for this…

+ TRIX_BOL on August 31st, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Please add the following features to the PS3:

- Trophy collection/list removal
- Calendar (to post our events)
- Notepad/Memopad
- More background illusions while playing music
- Internet Radio (like PSP’s)

Those are the ones I remember ‘off top of my head’. :-)

+ JumpMan33 on August 31st, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

I like the update, but I hope sony still put out some cool free avatars and themes.

+ BlazednSleepy on August 31st, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

Sony..make love to me.

+ Hellman on August 31st, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

SWEET!!!! ERIC LEMPEL YOU ROCK!`

+ flowerviolence on August 31st, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

awesome news all around today sony!

+ EvoAnubis on August 31st, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

“- Internet Radio (like PSP’s)”

Pandora.com

Go there on your PS3 browser. You’re welcome.

+ AerialAngel on August 31st, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

ooooh man i cant wait for this update. i cant wait for that new message ticker and new themese !!!!! this is gonna rock

+ mafecto on August 31st, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

This would be so awesome if my 40 gig PS3 wouldn’t have DIED last night. YLOD.

I’m excited for everyone else though. Hopefully I’ll either have mine fixed or will have found some cash for a Slim soon.

I can’t believe my console died the day before this dropped…

+ blaccat on August 31st, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

Eric why would you do this lol

These guys will lose their minds if it isn’t up within the hour.

Server crash is imminent looool

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on August 31st, 2009 at 6:33 pm said: