Driveclub

It’s Official: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Available in the U.S. on October 27

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Sep 02, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Now that the new PS3 is on shelves for $299, many of you may be wondering what games to buy this fall with your extra cash. Well, for those of you who are Ratchet & Clank fans, we’re happy to officially announce (and yes, this is official), that Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will be available in the U.S. on Tuesday, October 27. Check out the new packfront below:

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

If that’s not enough, we’re offering some cool Ratchet & Clank goodies for those who pre-order their copy of the game. Here’s a highlight of some of the items you’ll receive when you pre-order Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time from participating retailers:

‘Discovery Package’ – Explore the Insomniac Moon with a special level that resembles the layout of Insomniac Games’ studio offices. A fan favorite, the Moon is filled with content that didn’t quite make the final game, sort of like deleted scenes on DVDs. You can earn this unlockable on your own, but Insomniac certainly won’t make it easy for ya!

‘Power Package’ – Up your arsenal with an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons along with extra hit points and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove.

‘Bolt Package’ – Bolster your bolt count with 5,000 free bolts care of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups, the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher.

‘Space Package’ – Drift off into space with an exclusive hot rod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion, along with 5,000 free bolts and an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar skin

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT screenshot 1

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT screenshot 2

For those of you attending PAX this week, a quick reminder to stop by the Unicorn Theatre on Friday, September 4 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. You’ll be treated to a panel presentation by Insomniac’s Creative Director Brian Allgeier on the history of Ratchet & Clank weapons, as well as the unveiling of a few new ones.

Also, make sure to tune into GTTV on Spike this Thursday at 12:30 am for an all-new special cinematic unveil. For those who miss the show, check it out this weekend at GameTrailers.com.

We have a lot more in the pipeline for the weeks ahead, so please stay tuned!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Neverendin on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Will the game have a street date? I believe when Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction came out retailers were able to sell it when they got it because there was no street date…or am I remembering wrong?

+ CherylRose on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Eww are all games gonna look like that at the top from now on? That looks awful.

+ ROFLdrg on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

new box art style? I like it!

+ TakiFuGu on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Another change in the PS3 game box art template.

+ CherylRose on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Game looks good though. Just not the cover art.

+ gmk218 on September 2nd, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

wooohooo cant wait i preordered

+ The_Man_Who on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

I miss the old boxes style :( oh and the old logo before starting the game

+ freakyzeeky on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Wait, this game has multiplayer? D:

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 2nd, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

There was an error with the box. But to clarify – there is no multiplayer. RCF:ACiT has always been planned to be a single-player experience.

+ Azure-Edge on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

I kinda like the new cover art. Please Insomniac Games and Sony, you guys have decided to bring out a God of War collection. PLEASE can we see a Ratchet and Clank collection as well for the PS2 Ratchet and Clanks? From a PS3 owner who never got to experience Ratchet and Clank. That would be a day one buy for me.

+ TakiFuGu on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

I like the new box art temple but not the game cover.

+ ken_kimura on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Hey I noticed that on the top of the back cover there a description of the features and among others there is a “playstation home”. What is the connectivity between the game and playstation home?

+ mocte32 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Looking good

+ ny_beast24 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

new cover…OH SNAP!!

+ WFMMK on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

SWEET BOXART!!!(Yes, it’s that awesome that I had to yell).

+ poweredbyzen on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

new skin for my avatar – woohoo! btw, the new PS3 logo is LAME! it looks bland as far as design, actually, GENERIC is more like it.

+ HongoXIII on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

The box art looks great. I plan on buying this for sure. And yeah, do a Ratchet and Clank collection like the GoW collection. :)

+ Rampge76 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

Can someone remind me how is it we have “extra cash”? :P

+ FE_RR on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

++++++ for the cover, the new PS3

+ asop89 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Cool!!! Looking forward to it :D

I have a question, is all the new games from now on will have this new boxart style? e.g. like Uncharted 2, God of War Collection, God of War 3…. etc. & many others?

Thanks for your time. :)

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

I’m waiting for the inevitable DLC announcement that screws gamers, just like every other game this gen.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

I’m impressed that you guys are able to release quality new R&C titles every year. Keep it up! :)

+ Deadmendocry on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Wait, the Insomniac Moon level will be available to all, but has to be unlocked, like in the old R&C games?

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

+ Jefferson Dong on September 2nd, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

The Insomnic Moon is available currently as a pre-order, but will also be unlockable for those who want the challenge.

+ Ghost_Shrimp on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Can’t wait for this game but I really don’t like the cover art… Liked the one on Amazon.com a lot better.

+ serversurfer on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

I notice the PSN logo is featured fairly prominently on the box. What PSN-related features will the game have?

Also, which retailers get which bonuses? That’s pretty useful information to have. :p

+ DonnyG on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Yay! Must buy.

+ FlatulentGhost on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

“Dong”

Heh.

“For those of you attending PAX ”

Who the hell would waste their time at the lamest game show of all?

What a pre-order cluster-F.

So for true fans who want everything. You can’t. The Space package gets you the Home avtar skin everyone wants, and you can earn the Insomniac Moon on your own.

So which retailer has the Space package?

Don’t ever do something retarded like this again Insomniac. You have a repuation of being one of the coolest and fan friendly developers in the world. Pre-order BS like this will put an end to that rep.

+ that-acmilan-guy on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

I love the new box art style. Now plz fix the XMB

+ adolson on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

Multiplayer?

+ onipar on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

Awesome!

Though, i have to admit, I’m not a fan of the DLC pre-order bonus (not just these, but in general for all games).

Not saying the DLC isn’t cool, but personally, I like real-world items.

Any chance there will be a special edition or collectors edition with some cool extras?

+ zero2kz on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

Is the gray outline on the side and bottom just part of the Ratchet and Clank box art, or is that something that is going to be on all new games that use this style?

+ Stoffinator on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

I see multi-player on the back of the cover. Interesting. :-p

+ Aspherex on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Should have been called “Clock Blockers” like they were going to. “A Crack in Time” doesn’t have the same innuendo/ring to it as “Up your ARSEnal”.

Still, anticipating this game’s release.

+ almighty-slayer on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

New box art…KILL IT

I want consistancy in my game cases *sigh*

+ serversurfer on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

I just enlarged the cover art and answered my own question about the PSN features; Multiplayer, Leaderboards, Lobbies/Matchmaking, Invite In Game, PlayStation Home, Trophies.

It would still be nice to know which retailers get which bonus though.

+ almighty-slayer on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

And eugh, US gets the Europe special edition boxart as standard? Stupid Europe…

+ FE_RR on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

++++++ for the cover, the new PS3 logo it’s better than the “spider-man 3 looks typography” but it’s true the fact it’s too similar to the PS2 logo but more round,,,the cover it’s perfect

+ IceCold on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Wow love the packaging. I love the fact sony went back to the original PS themed names with PS3, the spidey font was cool though, they could have kept the spidey font with just PS3.

Now can we please get the mobile site back up for iphone?

+ Daivy on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

There is online gameplay ??? There is the PlayStation Network logo on the cover…

+ KingBroly on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

I don’t like the whole ‘only on Playstation’ tab going on there. I also hate Matchmaking like no tomorrow.

Also, I like the name of the creator of this blog post.

+ Kamahl_rg on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

i want this game but my ps3 died, im not sure if im gonna have a new one by october…

+ Draicus on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Definitely looking forward to this, and having a date makes it even better.

Can’t wait to check out the space exploration!

+ CondorMcG on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

But now my new games won’t look like my old games from the side :(

First the PS logo doesn’t rotate and now this. Do Sony not get what matters to gamers?

/sarc

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

oh no please, that’s the new game covers format! NO! SONY DONT DO IT!, please reconsider it, don’t do this to your loyal fans that had their PS3 since the beginning, also, it looks horrible.

Please sony don’t dissapoint me, or at least make the covers double sided or something so we can use the original format.

also, bring back the logo when starting a game

+ hife on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Oh no, my boxes aren’t going to match anymore!!! Oh well, I do like the new style and the cover art.

+ IceCold on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

All these kids do on the forums is cry. “I don’t like the Playstation 3 name, why not PS3′, sony changes it to PS3 they complain again. It will never end. Sony should make a 21+ forum or something, maybe we can deter the immaturity.

+ gold5225 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Cool this game looks amazing

+ NOVENO on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

Thank you Insomniac for making some of the best games out there, and thank you Sony for fw 3.00 everything looks and loads better. :)

+ infamousXX87XX on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

like the new ps3 box art

+ Xenoxerxes on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Looks great, not crazy about pre-order bonuses but whatever…

Box art looks great. I doubt this game has multiplayer, there’s no way they could’ve managed to keep that under wraps all this time.

+ IrishPete333 on September 2nd, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

All of you who are whining like little girls need to get a life. Everything looks great, I will definitely be buying this!

PAGE 1 2 3 4