Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 17

Dec 17

Introducing Sodium One: The Next Evolution of PlayStation Home

CydoniaX's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Home Community Manager

Today marks the next evolutionary step of the PlayStation Home platform, as we release a massive 50 level vehicle combat game wrapped inside a highly-interactive and expansive social gaming environment known as Sodium One– a truly revolutionary gaming experience developed by Outso Ltd. and published by Lockwood Publishing Ltd. This entertainment event, set in a future of advanced technology where man and machine meet on a vast salt plain to turn deadly battle into extreme sport, resides only in the ever-growing world of PlayStation Home. And come opening day, you will want to be the first person in. That is, of course, if you want to be the last person standing.

A new benchmark for social gaming in PlayStation Home, Sodium One will launch with an explosive game known as Salt Shooter – a 50 level combat challenge where players can collect items to level up gameplay and strategically customize hovertanks with weapons, armor, and countermeasures. These level-ups can be obtained in a variety of ways, including meeting in-game objectives, trading resources collected in the Sodium world, and purchasing items that unlock upgrades in the Sodium environment (such as the tank pilot jackets, which grant access to additional levels of the game, leaderboards, and the pilots’ VIP lounge). All of this is built upon an MMO framework that includes additional games like Desert Quench and Scorpion Stomp, associated rewards and collectibles, and personal questing adventures, all of which are tracked by the Sodium AI Information Android known as VICKIE. The above games make for a truly next-level PlayStation Home space that centers on the concept of offering persistent objectives and long-term rewards to the PlayStation Home community, so users may work together to reach score targets and unlock future content and continuously upgrade their personal gaming experiences.

A dynamic and immersive gaming environment that will continue to expand over time by offering new games, community events, and virtual items, Sodium One is an experience unique to the PlayStation Home platform. By leveraging the computing power of the PS3, Outso Ltd. has succeeded in creating a graphically-rich, community-based game that is leaps ahead of anything offered on other consoles. To celebrate this momentous event, we will be making a limited number of unique voucher codes – good for a full unlock of the entire Salt Shooter combat game – available to 1,050 PlayStation Home community members that explore the space during the first 7 days (150 users per day). All you have to do is log in to PlayStation Home, enter the Sodium One space and interact with VICKIE for your chance to unlock the full game.

We are proud to join you, the PlayStation Home community, as we embark on a journey to the next level of social gaming on the PS3. So make sure you log into PlayStation Home today to take part in all that this amazing new gaming world known as Sodium One has to offer. And, as always, stay tuned to the official PlayStation.Blog for updates regarding the Sodium One space and all other events and content scheduled to appear in PlayStation Home throughout what is sure to be an incredibly exciting new year.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

highrightnow said:

December 17th, 6:05 am

First!

pgsdi said:

December 17th, 6:07 am

This was much needed for home. good job, but still needs more

R3ADY said:

December 17th, 6:07 am

cool

TheInfectedBy590 said:

December 17th, 6:09 am

Looks interesting!

georgecat315fat said:

December 17th, 6:09 am

cool

daniel3334 said:

December 17th, 6:10 am

awesome is it avaible now? im loggin into Home as we speak

CydoniaX's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

December 17th, 10:19 am

It\’s available right now. Get in there!

daniel3334 said:

December 17th, 6:12 am

looks like the servers are down

daniel3334 said:

December 17th, 6:14 am

update its letting me in Home now.

infamousXX87XX said:

December 17th, 6:15 am

Just played Sodium. Its a pretty cool game….we need more “mini-mmo” like games in HOME.

CydoniaX's Avatar

CydoniaX said:

December 17th, 10:41 am

Welcome to the next wave of PlayStation Home. :)

daniel3334 said:

December 17th, 6:16 am

i let me log in now

Skoltnik said:

December 17th, 6:20 am

this looks nice, maybe it’s time to finally install home…

Shuraiya said:

December 17th, 6:21 am

Finally. You guys seem to be taking home more seriously.

BalramRules said:

December 17th, 6:31 am

THIS LOOKS SOOO AWESOME!!
Is this available for the European Version of PlayStation Home too or is it just for the US Territories? = (
Can anyone please tell me = 1

CydoniaX's Avatar

CydoniaX said:

December 17th, 10:44 am

Europe too!

Heavenly_king said:

December 17th, 6:31 am

Nice, looks like one of my posts in the HOME forum was considered. I am Happy. XD

Now the only thing left is the implementation of TROPHIES in HOME (and more games like this obviously), and you will see how a lot more people will begin to use HOME.

Keep the good work Sony XD

DeMoNiCMeMBeR said:

December 17th, 6:32 am

But does it have Voice Chat?

FE_RR said:

December 17th, 6:38 am

i’m 7.30 hours from home (at work right now), when i reach there will be nothing for me :(…o whell, with pilot one ship i’ll be happy

Hobartbob said:

December 17th, 6:40 am

SWEET

KidCommando said:

December 17th, 6:42 am

Looks very interesting, might have to check it out.

So if voucher codes will be given for an unlock of the full game, I am assuming it will cost money to play this if you don’t end up getting a code? Does everybody get to play the game, or only the ones who get a full unlock code?

Please bring voice chat back to Home. For an online community application, Home is so lifeless without it.

CydoniaX's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

December 17th, 10:23 am

Everyone can play the first five levels free of charge. Additional levels and upgrades/customizations for your hovertank will be unlocked by a variety of virtual items. You can gain access to these items through completing in-game objectives and via purchase.

infamousXX87XX said:

December 17th, 6:43 am

To Cyd,

I think you guys should require trophies for games like Sodium (full game) and beyond. That would be nice

Sindred said:

December 17th, 6:45 am

Damn, this and Gran Turismo Demo today. You guys are insane. Insane I tell you.

Thanks for not giving up on home.

Home is like the little train that, given a rocket boost, could kick some serious ass.

We’ve been on it a lot more lately and have even bought some personal spaces (especially the ones that have mini games, so keep those coming). The Movie Studio space would be much better with some kind of Youtube intergration.

Sodium One is a step in the absolutely right direction.

Oh, and I know there are legal reasons for this, but inviting people to your home would be a LOT better if we could play music from our HD. I know, I know, there are reasons why that can’t be done right now, but I think Music and Video streaming would make for more interesting personal spaces.

CydoniaX's Avatar

CydoniaX said:

December 17th, 10:47 am

Thanks for your great feedback. We really believe in Home and will continue to bring more of what you guys love about it.

SolduNuts said:

December 17th, 6:46 am

Man now this is exactly what Home needs. This is the next best thing since sliced bread… or maybe Xi, but in any case this is just awesome. Now if only I could save the money to replace my Ylod PS3 by Christmas, I will be all set. I now also have a real excuse to be in Home. Keep it up Sony this year has been great for you guys and 2010 is going to be even better with the games, the continued improvement of the PSN, and the absolute best support for Home.

Thanks Sony and all the companies who give us free love for our games through Playstation Home.

Sold

Soadipt said:

December 17th, 7:00 am

Very interesting indeed, nice addition to Home. ;)

tj317530 said:

December 17th, 7:03 am

This is a great idea. If there were more of these types of spaces in home, I wouldn’t even mind paying around 5 bucks to unlock the spaces. If I had to pay though, I would expect a lot more from the space.

PriestCoke said:

December 17th, 7:08 am

@tj317530
Dont give them ideas D:<

My faith on home has been restored.

wU-sOLdiEr210 said:

December 17th, 7:09 am

Please fix the image for mobile users
can’t view the image on my iPhone

THAT_SOCOM_GUY said:

December 17th, 7:10 am

GT5 Demo, Socom DLC Finally, A replacement on an EPIC SCALE for Xi. What’s next? Tv’s in Home, Full 3D of Home and all my games? It can’t get any better can it? Wait it Can, because this is PS3 not xbux or the pii.

Great Update Folks, keeps me and my buddy, Soopergooman187, busy today.

DeMoNiCMeMBeR said:

December 17th, 7:15 am

There appears to be an error on the site; I can’t seem to register on sodiumone.com keeps telling me my code that vickie gave me is incorrect

Shuraiya said:

December 17th, 7:16 am

This is the kind of stuff I expected to see in Home since day one. I actually like the atmosphere in the Sodium one hub. it’s fitting. I am very pleased.

Enigma777 said:

December 17th, 7:20 am

That actually looks pretty decent… Still won’t make me re-download Home though…

halophiliac said:

December 17th, 7:21 am

I’m was so excited to get a voucher code for the game I immediately punched up HOME surprised that there is actually something in HOME to do! And what was there waiting for me……an update.

And now all I’m getting are connection errors.

Sigh…..

ivanramon said:

December 17th, 7:22 am

The future conan?

SEVENTY7 said:

December 17th, 7:23 am

Havent check out home yet, i think i’m going to have to at least check it out.

On another note, my Firefox updated – that why i cant see the image or video? Not sure what is is, it’s blank.

Gunwing said:

December 17th, 7:27 am

Why is it Sony never did this in the first place? If Sony gets good with this title in HOME, they should then add in a boat raceing, and sporting area to the place all people start out in. IE literaly one of the biggest complaints is we have all these boats out there and nothing to do.

If PS HOME had more stuff like this game here people might get into the idea of it as a more social network, rather then a cheap lets DL tons of crap to our HDDs, and live out fake lives online.

THAT_SOCOM_GUY said:

December 17th, 7:28 am

oh and in the costume store, the bobsledder is the same as the Ace costume. Just to inform you.
A friend of mine is on the Canadian Bobsled team an I wouldn’t mind showing my support for Him while in Home.

Is there going to be a sort of Home Olympics? My oldest Sis is on the Olympic Committee, for figure skating. How about a Hook up of some Winter Olympic stuff to show support for all the hard working athletes from around the Globe not just here in Canada or The United States of America.

CydoniaX's Avatar

CydoniaX said:

December 17th, 12:52 pm

That\’s a great idea…we\’ll look into it!

THAT_SOCOM_GUY said:

December 17th, 7:30 am

halophilliac, delete Home from the XMB only, then reinstall it. It’s because some of your older spaces are no longer compatible with the newer Home. That WILL FIX IT!

abrader said:

December 17th, 7:30 am

looks awesome!

Frejim said:

December 17th, 7:51 am

paid content?

Einhander138 said:

December 17th, 7:59 am

How about focusing on things like getting more exclusive games for the PS3 instead of this trivial crap which is obviously going to just be clothes for avatars and other stuff to shill PS3 users out of their money?

Christ, no wonder I still play my PS2 95% percent of the time.

TheVoid777 said:

December 17th, 8:01 am

This looks amazing. Well done HOME and Sodium One developers. At first, I couldn’t believe that the game existed inside HOME – I assumed it would be a separate launch out of home (maybe it is?) But it looks to have the same HOME icons, and if so, I’m blown away by the API the HOME devs have put together. And I thought Xi was awesome!

Looking forward to playing this.

And as far as paid content goes, this definately looks to be worth it. Assuming you’ll do something like Free Realms: free for basic gameplay, subscription for higher levels and items? IMO, good model.

-void

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

December 17th, 8:04 am

IN-F-ING-CREDIBLE! THIS IS WHAT HOME NEEDS ..I WAS KIND OF GETTING BORED WITH IT..NOT THAT I DONT APPRECIATE HOME BUT POOL AND BOWLING WAS GETTIN ALIL TOO BORING.ANYWHO YEAH THANKS FOR KEEPING ME BIZZY THIS WEEKEND HOME DEVS. AND SONY HOOKIN US UP WITH GT5 DEMO AND COLDFRONT (FINNALLY! :P) I LOVE HOW SONY THINKS OUTSIDE THE “BOX”-PUN INTENDED! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! AS FOR THOSE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FREE HOME NETWORK..JUST DELETE IT AND MISS OUT ON ALL THE COOL STUFF.YOU WONT BE MISSED >:P

Jeigh said:

December 17th, 8:06 am

Home is coming along nicely. Though if there are ‘free’ vouchers, I have to wonder what the price is going to be… Ah, well. I guess I can try to avoid that altogether and go talk to Vickie, huh? =)

Curtisio said:

December 17th, 8:18 am

This is going to be great! I hope it’s going to be huge!

DZORMAGEN said:

December 17th, 8:21 am

These are the things that will make people coming to HOME! We need more like this!

SillyHatMafia said:

December 17th, 8:27 am

Now this is going to get people to use Home

jimmy903 said:

December 17th, 8:29 am

That looks awesome. Kinda sucks I don’t have my PS3 right now.

GGCAN said:

December 17th, 8:32 am

Thanks for the heads up CydoniaX.

Looks to be like a great space and game.

One thing, I’ve been reading a few other blogs and they’re mentioning there may be future fees for the MMO, is that true ?

CydoniaX's Avatar

CydoniaX said:

December 17th, 4:44 pm

Not future fees to get in, but there are some levels of the game as well as virtual items you either need to pay to get into, or earn enough Sodium points or meet certain other achievements. It\’s all just part of the fun!

IAMPECK said:

December 17th, 8:33 am

hey on kotaku they said ffviii comes out today on psn

IAMPECK said:

December 17th, 8:34 am

its supposed tobe a great update today

xiked said:

December 17th, 8:42 am

This is fantastic! This is best news this week! Keep this type of stuff up and it will make HOME no1 place to visit! BTW. Why not make some TV ads about this, this can be a system seller! Please make a note to the PR guys/girls, this can be big!

usergentoo said:

December 17th, 8:43 am

I hope they fix the register objective it showed I had completed the objective now it shows I didnt.

PAGE 1 2 3 4