PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Latest info on PlayStation Network Status

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Mar 01, 2010 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

• The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
  • When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
    signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
  • When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
    on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install
    trophies. Please exit your game.”
  • When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
    Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
    and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
  • Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
    PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

558 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 12

+ Zilas on March 1st, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Its about time.
Thank you for this new info, its appreciated.

+ Laz1974 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

I bet this will be “fixed” in about five hours, oh well. Just means that I have more time to play the Darksiders demo

+ igorsport09 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

OFF/ There will be protuguese in the american version of God Of War 3?

+ Ftwrthtx on March 1st, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

My launch 60GB PS3 has been connected since yesterday morning without any issues, and the date changed to 3/1 correctly at midnight. Are you sure this is a calendar issue?

+ adolson on March 1st, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

I hope you consider the people without internet connections in whatever fix you come up with.

Thank you for the update, and I look forward to a resolution.

+ DarkSeraphim666 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

I’m not gonna complain per say. I just feel like this is something silly that ended up being as destructive as it has been so far

+ Anddo on March 1st, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours; Translation;- we hope to god this issue resolves it self. :|

+ poweredbyzen on March 1st, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

this caused me a lot of stress – you owe me free movies and games for life sony! :\

+ gor1llap1mp on March 1st, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

I just wanted to add that since one of the more recent firmware updates, the original name to my 60G PS3 has changed under settings. I dont remember the original name but interesting nevertheless.

+ Rinaldus91 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Thanks for the update. But Patrick, shouldn’t we be concerned that this episode with the PS3s is really just our consoles becoming sentient and possibly trying to overtake us? Should we keep our systems in isolation, just to be safe?

+ Superstrokey1123 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Finally some info. Thanks guys. Hope you get it fixed soon. Im dying to play some more General Knoxx.

+ that-acmilan-guy on March 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

What about those who already infected? Will we loose the trophies not appearing?

+ FrozoneUSMC on March 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Thanks Sony, but please hurry. I need my Platinum in Heavy Rain before next Tuesday, so I will have my uninterrupted FFXIII time :-)

+ Callahan09 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I had been playing Bioshock 2 prior to learning of this problem, and I earned about 3 trophies that I didn’t actually receive. If I load up my save from before doing this progress and redo the requirements for these trophies at some point after the system is working properly again, will I be able to obtain those trophies, or are they going to be stuck in some limbo state where the system thinks I earned them already so it won’t give them to me?

+ purplestream on March 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

you guys should fix this asap and not tomorrow cause bf bc2 is about to be released!!

+ wu-stix on March 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Damn it. I was hoping it would be fixed by now. Oh well the PC is working fine.

+ mywhitenoise on March 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

24 hours? Im guessing you guys are just hoping the clock shifts to 3-1-2010 without any problems, haha.

+ spunnups on March 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

glad you guys got a handle on things, i’m one of those 60gb owners!

+ EatDeath on March 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

I have a model but the only thing that happens is the trophys not updating or being recognized. Im afraid of disconneting from the PSN, but I can still play Uncharted 2

+ whitwhit on March 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

yea thanks for the inconvience, question if i have my ps3 on since yesterday should i turn it off or leave it on??

+ Moosehole on March 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

“we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.”

This had BETTER not happen. You guys better fix this fast.

+ wocyob on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

oops i hope i didnt damage my ps3 last night then….

+ gor1llap1mp on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Also, the WHATS NEW info still appears even after turning that option off!

+ necrostevo on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Thanks for the update! Please continue to keep us posted.

+ poweredbyzen on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

@6 – dude, it’s “per se!” latin phrase meaning “by itself.” it’s also a restaurant in new york.

+ DMPrince on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

in the next 24 hours? are you guys just going to wait for it to “fix” itself? LOL.

+ Nephilimator on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Well I guess I will pick up a copy of BFBC2 for the X360 tonight instead of the PS3. Your loss.

+ Dramlek on March 1st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Oh, come on!!! 24 hours?! Battlefield: bad Company 2 is out tomorrow so hurry up! :)

+ B-Real206 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

@7 no [DELETED]!!!! That’s what I was thinking.

+ BLACK1399 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Hopefully we get some kind of compensation for all our troubles. a free PSN game or movie or something

+ LBalex79 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Wow, so it is a hardware issue with our “early adopter” models. I knew there had to be some differences in functinality between models even though we may be running the same firmware. I’ve been posting how the PS BLOG imbedded videos don’t function on my PS3 browser, but they do on others. Perphaps this will spawn some thorough checking, so that the different SONY PLAYSTATION PS3s, BLOGs, FORUMs, hardware, software, firmwares and peripherals all play well together…

+ MiltonMafia on March 1st, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Canada rules

+ Darkpen on March 1st, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

My 60gb says its 12/31/1999, 4:22PM :/

+ vesra on March 1st, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

look at the bright side Sony, this will definitely impact used ps3 sales from the most hated Gamestop. unless, of course, they take the time to impliment whatever fix you come up with. but somehow i doubt that they’d bother. i miss my ps3, do hurry, but don’t rush and mess things up worse.

+ TakumiM07 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

“Some” customers? :P I know the PS3 wasn’t selling well for the first few years, but I’m sure it’s more than “some” that own the fat PS3′s. Kind of a blow to early adopters like myself that our “old” PS3′s are the ones that got hit by this bug.

Oh well… hopefully this gets fixed and I haven’t lost any data on my unit.

+ Bellesa on March 1st, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Sorry, but I have the Fat PS3 and didn’t see any trouble with connection to the PSN yesterday night.

+ Anddo on March 1st, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Why all the thanks? It was discovered to be a clock/calendar issue long before this so-called update.. We need results!

+ whitwhit on March 1st, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

so we have to wait for it to fix itself sony you guys fall on a whole other level.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 1st, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

I want reparations for all my pain and suffering.

+ FeistFan on March 1st, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Okay, I’m worried. What do you mean, using our PS3 “may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data” — does that just mean stuff is broken, or does it mean stuff is lost irretrievably?

I was on last night when this hit. I published my first level in LBP, and was wondering why I didn’t get a ton of trophies for it — went back after about half an hour, and got hit by the bug. If my trophies were lost, the game probably thinks they were awarded and won’t reset them…this could be INCREDIBLY annoying.

At least I could watch my Blu-Ray of Braveheart last night. FREEDOM!

+ Mosh_Pit on March 1st, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Thanks for the info but it looks like really bad news.

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on March 1st, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

MY 40 GIG PS3 IS FINE AND SWITCHED OVER TO 3/1 FINE AT MIDNIGHT.

picture proof: http://twitpic.com/15zjlo

+ Sekoku on March 1st, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

So, it’s a leap year bug after all?

Are you (Sony) really that freaking stupid that you can’t make the PS3 COUNT BY 4 from 2000 on? Seriously?

At least there’s a freaking answer finally. Now if my PS3 would get back from the shop…

+ Ftwrthtx on March 1st, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Sounds like the early adopters are being punished yet again.

+ darksight on March 1st, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

I was just getting into playstation Home and loving it.

Now I’m Homeless..

I would like to be in a Poker Game right now..

Oh well ~

+ Rude_Sparthan on March 1st, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

so we must NOT turn on our PS3 right..?

+ poweredbyzen on March 1st, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

this isn’t an update, it’s regurgitated information on the problems i already know exist – i want solutions! still love you though! :D tweet! tweet!

+ poweredbyzen on March 1st, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

by the way, where’s my raven avatar?! snipe!

+ BlooodyCow on March 1st, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Is this our reward buy a PS3 at launch?

+ Caudill on March 1st, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

LAME. It took you all night and half of today to tell us this!?

Random people on the internet figured out this was the problem last night, while you were still busy saying it’s “PSN connection problems” lol! You should be posting a fix for us now not old news.

Sorry for the rant, but damn! I want to be able to play my PS3, NOW! Having to wait another possible 24 hours for a fix is just super lame…

PAGE 1 2 3 12