PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Network Service Restored

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Mar 01, 2010 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.

If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

230 Comments

+ viperman240 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

Thanks sony for fixing the problem /sarcasm

You guys just waited it out until 24hrs passed. And the error corrected itself.

+ megamixer on March 1st, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

The PS3 is dead!

Long live the PS3!

:D

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

lol now when is this site gonna be white? You guys said it would be today.

+ TheTwelve on March 1st, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

Good job Sony. :) I never doubted you once.

+ ArcticZombie on March 1st, 2010 at 6:28 pm said:

They still never said anything about trophies. I’m still scared to turn it on.

+ pacanug on March 1st, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

I believe your loyal consumers are due a $5 or so credit to the PSN store as reparations.

+ bloodbath666 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

Awesome. Now I can get back to my games.

+ thecoolfool on March 1st, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

LOLZ

+ GameBoss01 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

THANKS. WHY DO THE USERS WHO FOLLOWED YOU FROM THE START GET PUNISHED… PLEASE MAKE UP FOR IT!

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

I’m waiting on something official from Sony as to how to get back trophies.It seems to restore them up until your last synch before all this happened.My bonus content is still unlocked but no trophies at all.

+ CHEO_85 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

GRACIAS SCEA !!!

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

Thanks to all the users for the updates and info.It’s appreciated.

+ Vergil3690 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

Will there be a firmware update to ensure it doesn’t happen again?

+ androvsky on March 1st, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

Next time this is likely to happen is in 2014. It handles real leap years okay (2008, 2012) as well as years that end in an odd number (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013).

Hopefully they’ll be able to get a fix out in 4 years. ;)

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 1st, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

As previously mentioned:

KSPRAYDAD | February 28th, 2010 at 8:52 pm
The ‘fix’ methinks is to wait until 8pm est on Monday.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on March 1st, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

My 60GB seems to have bypassed this whole issue. I wonder why, but I’m sure not complaining.

+ Ashend on March 1st, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

Phew, I was so lucky, I turned on my system to check to see if I could log into PSN the first time I heard rumors of not being able to log in, and I didn’t even realize there were problems going around with the trophies.

I’m not particularly attached to them, but it was nice to have gotten a platinum trophy in Uncharted 2. I was pretty worried this might not be resolved until later, and that the Day 1 purchase of Bad Company 2 would have been sullened.

The fact many lost their trophies is still pretty bad – reminds me of the problems Naughty Dog had with players being unable to log in on UC2, and they were forced to reset their progress.

+ acerazer1 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

So I guess in short, thanks for nothing.

+ joostin on March 1st, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

I’m sure we’ll have a minor update within the coming weeks to remedy this issue, or they will incorporate this into a larger update expected this spring. It isn’t exactly a priority anymore as it shouldn’t happen for another 2 years.

+ ShadOforce on March 1st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

Could we get a PSN store freebie? :D

Just kidding. I’m just glad my PS3 will be operating on time for Final Fantasy XIII when it launches next tuesday. I’m so excited about it.

+ WWESuperstar on March 1st, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

Battlefield time tomorrow!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

It only does everything, including fixing itself!!

+ JdelaMancha on March 1st, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

It was a minor inconvenience…no thing Playstation. I still love you (and Heavy Rain).

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 1st, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

Reparations?

+ Hunter_xx_ on March 1st, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

Apologize with a free game, MS did the same ;)

+ twooh on March 1st, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

I lost some borderlands trophies.

Funny thing is – I can’t try to get them back cause idk wtf trophies they were. I know I got at least 3 of them yesterday alone and haven’t synced trophies all weekend (I shouldn’t have to sync everyday). So no telling how many total I lost for a whole weekends worth of borderlands. Cause the last trophies in my BL is from the 22. So I’d imagine I lost a few.

How do I get them back? Restart the game? Level 36 @ the destroyer. I’ll be damned if ima play through again cause of sonys faulty bug.

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 1st, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

@75…people lost $$ on a service they were paying for…thus the freebie…it would be a nice gesture by SONY but really we shouldn’t be expecting it imo.

How about a free “I survived the Clock Block” Dynamic Theme?

+ JASONVOORHEES29 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

me wants free game for inconveiniece lol jk

+ Darklurkr23 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

thats what I’m talking about Sony. 1st day of break, 1st day of Fix! That’s what we need in the future. :D

+ BigBoss712 on March 1st, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

Glad you guys were able to fix it, lets hope things like this don’t happen again. ;)

+ mastrofallz on March 1st, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

LOL @ people asking for a free game. GET OUT OF HERE. This was nothing more then an inconvenience. If PSN was down for WEEKS, then we can talk about a free game or some kind of a compensation.

To Sony: Job well done.

To the people saying that Sony can’t “take the credit for it”: Even if the PS3 fixed it by its-self, the PS3 was made by Sony. (No duh). So yes, they can take all the credit they want. thxbai

+ Henney-x- on March 1st, 2010 at 7:04 pm said:

When are you going to fix the internal clock in older models? SMH… I don’t want to go through this again. Thanks.

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:05 pm said:

C’mon people they didn’t fix anything they simply waited until the clock finally thought it was March and hey look we fixed it.They said nothing for almost a day.All most of us would like back is our earned trophies and any non working dlc.Anyone want to guess how long it will take them to respond?This Thursdays update should be interesting or maybe they’ll make it Friday due to a clock issue.Microsoft had to do something monetary as they charge for their service.

+ JASONVOORHEES29 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:07 pm said:

sony’s question………. wre you guys hacked again?

+ TaxiTodd on March 1st, 2010 at 7:09 pm said:

Glad things are all back to normal, looking forward to picking up “The Show” and “Heavy Rain” tomorrow.

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

And to those who say Hey it fixed itself so Sony fixed it,any watch left on long enough will go to the next day at some point it’s the fact that this happened in the first place and for better or worse people expect something for the inconvienence.Alot of the users had already figured this out along time ago and predicted that this would happen.Again notice they make no mention of fixing the trophies as they don’t know how nd it obviously won’t fix itself…Thursday can’t come soon enough.

+ JASONVOORHEES29 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:16 pm said:

wonder if they just decided to prank us by doing this

+ QMANZ on March 1st, 2010 at 7:17 pm said:

Thanks PS3…it really does EVERYTHING…including fixing it self…courtesy of SONY! :)

+ SilverPR on March 1st, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

Now Sony explain the sad news for the trophies they lost some people bacause of the issue… I didn’t :P

+ mrdeadhead on March 1st, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

well i hope you guys at sony don’t mind if i say this was a very silly mistake and honestly your mother and i expected better out of you.

+ LumarQQ on March 1st, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

Sony didn’t do anything.

Playstation 3 just fixed it self that’s all.

It only break itself
It only fixes itself
It STILL does everything

+ MisterGrieves1 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

I love the people who expect some sort of restitution because of this, and the people who claim to think Sony did nothing to fix this. I’m sorry, do you work at Sony?

My fat PS3 works fine, I just didn’t turn it on during the duration of this apocalyPS3. I saw the blog’s update last night so I didn’t even bother risking it. Smart choice, I guess.

And I hate to compare the PS3 service to Xbox’s, but the information regarding downtime is so much better. One day during the summer, the live service decided not to work. I checked online, and no official update from Microsoft. Just rants from members saying that live isn’t working. Here, I actually get information saying something’s wrong, so I know not to use the console.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 1st, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

As much as I was a little dissapointed at what had happen with my system the last 24 hours, I still and I will always LOVE SONY!!

+ jondiesel21 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:37 pm said:

Damn! I was getting worried. MLB 10 The Show is out tomorrow, and I’m playing it!

+ mrmotosuwa68 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

@92…I was using mine last night when this error occured so I didn’t have the chance to go to a blog to tell me something is wrong,which they seemed to have no clue about.The info I saw today was all from fellow users not from Sony.I don’t expect a free anything just restore what I had.XBox gives downtime updates as well.Neither company is perfect.As for the fix it took them until after alot of users had already figured it out to say so and is something anything with a calendar in it can do.

+ jondiesel21 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:47 pm said:

I have the fat PS3 and I didn’t notice anything. I played online all last night and didn’t notice any trophy damage, not that I care. (It was my old account).

+ yukiboy23 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

THANK YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 FIXING IT

+ JASONVOORHEES29 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

not a trophie game?

+ mgsfoxhound2 on March 1st, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

thank you sony for fixing the problem so quick!!

+ Lance_Akiro on March 1st, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

LMAO it takes 1 day for Sony fans to lose there head over trophies, logging onto the network, and losing some save data which most gamers can make up in like 4 to 5 hrs depending on the game. it goes to show man kind can’t live without technology for a day. and for the gamers that lost trophies there are methods. some said to put the game and then sync not sync first but that’s one method to try, and for greedy people looking to get free items from Sony. you guys that calls themselves gamers for shame one day and you think you need something from them like money and a game or something that you can have well will see what Sony will do just be happy you can get back on PSN and live in your happy place. to end this i enjoyed today’s embarrassing gamers of the day!!