Uncharted 4

Hey LA, Come Try Some New Fat Princess Features!

Matt Morton's Avatar + Posted by Matt Morton on Mar 31, 2010 // Producer, Santa Monica Studio

Hi everyone, my name is Matt Morton, and I’m the SCEA Producer for Fat Princess on the PS3 and the soon-to-be-released Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake for the PSP.

The entire Fat Princess team loves your response to the recent patch for Fat Princess on the PS3! We love our fans and we are hard at work to make sure Fat Princess is as fun as it can be. We have a very special request for fans of Fat Princess on the PS3 who are living in the Los Angeles / Santa Monica area. We value your input so much that we are looking for a select few to help us test some new features for Fat Princess PS3.

Citymap wallpaper

We are looking for people who can give us two hours of their time and let us know what you think. We need people for this Friday, April 2nd in any one of the following sessions:

Session 1: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
    Session 2: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
    Session 3: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
    Session 4: 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm

Requirements for the Playtest are as follows:

• Be at least 18 years or older.
  • Be willing to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement, because what you will be testing is a BIG Cake-of-a-secret!
  • Be familiar with Fat Princess on the PS3.
  • Live in the LA area with reliable transportation to the playtest.

Mastery of the game is NOT a requirement!

For your time and valuable input, we will give you a free copy of God of War III for your PS3 enjoyment!

If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send an email to FPLAPlaytest@gmail.com with your name, address, contact phone number and your preference of which session you would be willing to join. If you don’t have a session preference, please state “any available session”.

Selected members will be emailed back with a confirmation email with a location and time for check-in.

Seats are VERY limited!

Thank you very much, and we look forward to hearing from you!

63 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ EriduMadis on March 31st, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Thats awesome, to bad i dont live in LA

+ eddogz on March 31st, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

Who would give this less than 5 stars? This is awesome!

+ Azure-Edge on March 31st, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Jeez, why does California get all the awesome stuff >.< Well regardless, to hear that you guys are still doing stuff with the PS3 version is AWESOME.

+ InFaMoUs1- on March 31st, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

oh please for the love of the game fix the online making it easier to play with friends and kicking out people who sabotage their own team. Lobby system would be great along the lines of a Socom interface with clan support etc.

+ DeadCell34 on March 31st, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

This is pretty cool, good to know some more features are coming. I kinda got bored with the game and have been looking for something new to get me back into it again. I mean, we got new maps last week but I still haven’t played it. I guess we’ll see I suppose lol.

+ T3mpr1x on March 31st, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Damn that is cool! Count me in for either Session 1 or 4! Already e-mailed. Though I already have GoW III (Ultimate Edition), so I suppose I could sell that for $40+ :)

+ Tr3p1dat10n on March 31st, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Awwwww, I like knowing secrets and laughing at other people who want to know but I can’t tell them. Good luck to the people that do get this!

+ Tr3p1dat10n on March 31st, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

JUST READ YOU’RE GIVING AWAY GOD OF WAR 3 AND NOW I AM FILLED WITH RAGE. RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

+ MatheAdi on March 31st, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

This is awesome.. too bad I live across the country.. good luck to anything you guys are doing. GOW3 is a wonderful reward! You should give us East coasters something.. :)

+ Mucudadada on March 31st, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Just signed up! I hope I get in. I would love to contribute to the success of an already amazing game!

+ jhad on March 31st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

wow hopefully I get in so I can contribute to Fat Princess awesomeness and free God of War does not hurt either.

+ T3mpr1x on March 31st, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

@Tr3p1dat10n, are you a rageaholic? Just so addicted to rageahol? ;)

+ roxas1920 on March 31st, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

why do you have to be 18?

+ plaztiksyke on March 31st, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

my husband and I are still waiting for local co-op (playing with/against ppl online) before we take the plunge. I’m not gonan be in LA in time for the playtest, but hopefully my comments reach the producers :)

+ GooniesAndy on March 31st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Aw, too bad you’re not doing this at the San Diego studio! I’d love to do this! I posted a link on the boards, so hopefully some of the hardcore FP crew can participate!

+ T3mpr1x on March 31st, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

@13 (roxas1920), you have to be at least 18 because that’s the minimum age that you can legally sign an NDA.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 31st, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

I really hope I get a call, and I was not too late in sending the e-mail!! This is so great and awesome!!!

+ roxas1920 on March 31st, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

ugh

+ Korbei83 on March 31st, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Oh rad. I’m jealous.

+ roxas1920 on March 31st, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

guess my signup is worthless

+ Hyperfludd on March 31st, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

Sometimes I wish there were more game studios in New York. I would love to help devs out with their games.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 31st, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

When will we know if are part of this awesome testing? Please call, or e-mail be back!!

+ EyeAmmMcLovin on March 31st, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

why does everything have to happen in Cali?! Can’t you guys do something in Chicago!? Well…either way, it’s cool of you guys to do something like this. Regardless of where it’s held.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on March 31st, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

@T3mpr1x I’ve tried, my life is wayyyyy too boring unless I rage.

+ mew_frenger on March 31st, 2010 at 6:07 pm said:

awesome!
cant wait to see what it is!

+ remanutd5 on March 31st, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

man , wheres the new york love ? ok i better not complain but i really wish i could go lol

+ SPOPS on March 31st, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

BLAH another thing taking place in the wonderful state of California… Cali is nice and all, but how about we show Florida some love??? You guys know you can utilize that new amazing Playstation Pavilion at Disney World’s Wide World of Sports.

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on March 31st, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

Wow!

The response to this post has been FANTASTIC!! Our inbox has exploded with super-fast fans!

I’m both happy and sad to say we have MORE than enough eager fans to fill the sessions!

HAPPY, because we KNOW we have wonderful fans who are thrilled to help with making the game great…. SAD, because we can’t get everyone into the playtest.

I’m already responding to the emails, so keep an eye on your inboxes to see if you’ve made the cut!

Thank you, Fat Princess fans, for proving once again how awesome you all are!

Matt Morton

+ NoobHunter91 on March 31st, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

I love this game!!!! One of the best PSN games ever!!

+ DZORMAGEN on March 31st, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

Please Matt, make me in the final cut!! Please!!! I sent two e-mail, one from hotmail, one from yahoo (That’s is how bad I want to join the testing)! :) I really want to give feedback!!

+ LesPaul518 on March 31st, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

who cares, give me back my linux support!

+ Xu_Davella on March 31st, 2010 at 7:04 pm said:

GAWDAYMNITE

That’s it, I’m moving to America!

+ Scorpion5679 on March 31st, 2010 at 7:18 pm said:

You need to be more specific. When you type LA, it really means Louisiana. It is very confusing. Los Angelos is L.A.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 31st, 2010 at 7:20 pm said:

@32, if you READ the 2nd paragraph you can clearly see that it is Los Angeles!

+ chaoz_of_AmiNami on March 31st, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

i live in la i hope they let me join dang ps3 is doing big things

+ ratchet312 on March 31st, 2010 at 7:41 pm said:

come on show florida a little love, i wanna try out some new fat princess stuff, i got the game first week it came out

+ JKC31 on March 31st, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

Out of over 90 some PSN games this is one of the weaker when factoring in the price. Even free would not hold much water or time. The biggest disappointment on the store to date. One good thing is that I found out how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood.

He’d do it about an hour before saying WTF.

+ emiru69 on March 31st, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

I send my email hours ago, Can you guys leave a message here when you have all the people? That way I’m not checking my email every five seconds, hehehe I’m feeling like an ugly date! +_+ Either way best luck with this projects and the next ones!

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on March 31st, 2010 at 8:33 pm said:

Hi emiru69,

I am still sending out emails to those selected, so you should hear within the next 30 minutes if you were selected.

I’ll be sending out “Thank you” emails to those who replied but didn’t get in on time as well, but those will be tomorrow.

Oh… and there are no ugly dates here! Everyone is beautiful here!

Matt

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on March 31st, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

To make it Official:

We have more than enough responses for the playtest. Thank you, EVERYONE, for responding.

I’m still contacting those who have made the list, but final emails will be sent out to the lucky players by 9pm PST.

Again, thank you for the fantastic response!

Matt Morton

+ lenandude on March 31st, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

Ergh, if I lived near this playtest I would be soooo there if I got accepted.

+ NerdRageQuit on March 31st, 2010 at 9:17 pm said:

sounds fun

+ rmartinez10 on March 31st, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

By 9 PM? Argh. I guess I didn’t get accepted. Grr! Enjoy to all that got in. I sent an email as soon as I saw this story go up.

+ SillentAssasin on March 31st, 2010 at 9:41 pm said:

aww guess i didn’t get in :( well maybe next time …

+ disneyboi81 on March 31st, 2010 at 10:06 pm said:

Please add a local multi-player option!! My partner feels left out and getting another ps3 is not an option. :(

+ Stealthur on March 31st, 2010 at 10:15 pm said:

Oh shoot. Of course I send an email and THEN read the comments.

But still, that Evan guy seems like a nice candidate. Just sayin’. Completely unbiased…

+ rmartinez10 on March 31st, 2010 at 10:30 pm said:

@41, I feel for you. We have multiple PS3’s in the house but split screen would be even better.

+ jaydogg691 on March 31st, 2010 at 10:37 pm said:

Man, I knew I should have sent my email earlier. Oh well, I got the rest of the day off work for Friday. Need to find something to do now.

+ Rhez on March 31st, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

Wow I finally purchased Fat Princess just a couple days ago and its fantastic. It’s cute and bloody at the same time. Never thought I’d say that about anything.

If I had read this earlier I would have probably attempted to join the playtest but as I’m busy on Friday my other obligations might not have been thrilled about me canceling them. Well living in Los Angeles I’ll just have to keep an eye out for more opportunities in the future.

I am not a bit multiplayer fan, at least online. Fat Princess though is such a welcome diversion from all the single player and online FPS games out there. This is a multiplayer game that genuinely holds my attention. That’s something I’ve never found in other games. Great job and thanks to Titan and Santa Monica Studios.

Since Titan has moved on to other projects I’m eagerly awaiting whatever they come up with next. Still I’m thrilled that Santa Monica Studios intends to continue supporting Fat Princess.

+ COMBATCSOLDIER on March 31st, 2010 at 11:33 pm said:

I loved playing this game when it first came out. However I have lost interest. It is a great game though.

+ WeTeHa on April 1st, 2010 at 1:05 am said:

fat princess content is always welcome!

sounds awesome, too bad i have no way to participate.

new trophies with the update please!

PAGE 1 2