God of War

Apr 27

Apr 27

New Release: PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe UMD for $10

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar Posted by President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

Hey PixelJunk fans,

We’re happy to announce that today, PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe makes its grand debut outside the PlayStation Network! Yes, that’s right, due to popular request from you, the fans, we have twisted Sony’s arm to release the game on UMD in North America. Even better, we have squeezed the price down to just $9.99 which is an *amazing* value! Think about it: three islands and over 45 stages to play. As Monsters fans know, that means quite literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of incredible gameplay…every minute as addicting and fun as the last.

PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe (PSP)

On top of that, full online play is supported. You can play cooperatively with anyone in the world, or just hang out in the chat rooms and watch the sports-like “ticker-tape” commentary of existing games run by. It’s a very cool new feature, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

And of course, all the money we make from Monsters is being funneled into future PixelJunk games (we have some crazy stuff in store for you!), so that’s an even greater incentive to jump to your local game retailer right now. Buy it for yourself, buy it for your family, buy it for your friends. :-)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Famrit said:

April 27th, 2:04 pm

Can’t wait for the new PixelJunk games, I hope we get an announcement for some soon…

x9248 said:

April 27th, 2:08 pm

Now if only the PSN version had those features… :(

spatsnaz said:

April 27th, 2:12 pm

Very cool, loads of great gameplay for just a tenner!

Caudill said:

April 27th, 2:13 pm

PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap release date?

New info on Shooter 2? Or Shooter Encore? Whatever it ends up being called.

NEED more PixelJunk NOW…please.

ninjatuned said:

April 27th, 2:13 pm

any chance we’ll see a price drop for PJM and/or Encore for the PS3 soon?

Nepraos said:

April 27th, 2:18 pm

$10? I’m sold.

I can buy both my nephew and I a copy. Good stuff.

teradome said:

April 27th, 2:25 pm

You had me at “PixelJunk” and “$10” :)

kzarling said:

April 27th, 2:30 pm

Don’t forget, you can also download PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe for the same $10. They dropped the price today to match the UMD release. Downloaded while I was at home on my lunch break. ;)

divine1000 said:

April 27th, 2:34 pm

Hope we’re gonna see more PixeJunk on the PSP. PJM AdHoc CoOp is awesome.

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

April 27th, 6:45 pm

Remember to try it out online via wi-fi too! The chat rooms should be busy this week :)

krae_man said:

April 27th, 2:55 pm

I really hope the download sells like hotcakes at the new $10 price. Sony seriously needs to change is PSP download price structure. That $40 price point that’s bringing up all prices needs to die.

Alysar said:

April 27th, 2:58 pm

This is great, but how about some more Monsters boards for the PS3? Please???

xXzamarXx said:

April 27th, 3:06 pm

I don’t understand

release a digital only handheld system … then …

make a digital only game into a UMD?

What is the point

stri said:

April 27th, 3:21 pm

BS Sony…just wipe your hands huh?
Yesterday’s disloyalty to your customers is so quickly/easily dismissed.

I bet if I stole from you you’d have something to say about it huh?!

THIEVING B I T C H E S!!!
Give me the money you owe!
Actually…give it to us all!

Hacking is not illegal, but stealing is…
so you tell me who the true criminal is???!!

stri said:

April 27th, 3:27 pm

Shame on you all for purchasing ANYTHING after the way they’ve treated us all.
Yes that’s right…ALL!

Even if you weren’t directly affected by the theft, it means nothing…
You’re not special in their eyes…you weren’t in the path of the issues destruction this time…what about next time though?
There will be one you know.
Eventually something else will get pulled and perhaps that time you WILL be affected.

So like I said…shame on you all…shame on you for purchasing…but most of all shame on you for not understanding the truth of the matter. The fact that it’s the principal more than anything.

Stop grabbing your ankles for them…
they’re not the boss’, we are!
They’ve just lost sight of this fact.

Set it straight!

TigerLust said:

April 27th, 3:28 pm

Moshi Moshi

Hey Dylan,

Solid deal, no doubt! As I only have a PS3, and it does everything, when do we get the Monsters Encore Encore with the third island?!? likely never lol…but seriously, looking forward to the Shooter Encore! Hope to see an announcement soon. :nudges:

TwinDad said:

April 27th, 3:42 pm

@stri

What “Yesterday’s disloyalty to your customers is so quickly/easily dismissed” are you talking about???

I like the PJ games, easy the best thing on PSN. I might see if I can find it at Best Buy today when I go to pickup the mothers day gift for my wife. But I’m trying to cut down on Playstation purchases. But maybe just PJ only purchases.

Can you squeal on anything for the future. At least hint, like soon, summer, winter, fall, etc, pretty please?

GrayWolf323 said:

April 27th, 3:42 pm

will definitely buy to support all of you over at Q-Games Dylan :-)

stri said:

April 27th, 3:43 pm

Firmware downgrade 3 . 2 1 = Theft!

The PS3 is now PS2.5 imo!

kzarling said:

April 27th, 3:45 pm

Does anyone know what in the world “stri” is talking about?

stri said:

April 27th, 3:48 pm

@ kzarling:
Dude, seriously???

I just told you for one…and second, if you did read it, how could you not know what I’m referring to?

~THE UPDATE THAT SONY USED TO STEAL FROM ITS LOYAL CONSUMER~

TwinDad said:

April 27th, 3:49 pm

@Stri

Okay I got that, but it wasn’t yesterday. neither was 3.30 update. That is what was throwing me off. If you mentioned it I wouldn’t have asked.

I’m kinda bitter about it. In the end, I’m going to get a slim to play the PS3 games I have now. I think my 60gb is dying soon. I will still play the PS3 I like it, but I’m still trying to decide what to do going forward.

Meh. I’m in no hurry. I now have something to play on my PSP. I haven’t played my PS3 since FF13 came out. I need to finish that game, but I just can’t find the will to finish.

kzarling said:

April 27th, 3:50 pm

Oh, the Linux-removal update. Why are you referring to “yesterday”? Is that when you finally got around to installing it? Because that firmware came out weeks ago.

Aside from that, I’m not going to bother arguing with you about this.

lastamerican said:

April 27th, 3:53 pm

sony doesn’t care!! what if a game company says no to sony, are they going to make a firmware that blocks out that company older games from the system?

think about the whole picture!!!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

April 27th, 6:46 pm

That has nothing to do with us though, we’re an indie developer making these games out of our own pocket, so take this discussion to somewhere it counts. I would have preferred it if they had kept linux too, but we’re not screwing you and we do care! :-)

IPoopyStandingUp said:

April 27th, 3:53 pm

This is THE best game for the PSP. It has dominated my daily commute since it came out last year. It is portable gaming perfection.

On top of getting rainbows for every stage in normal, there are challenges and then hardmode for me to try to get all rainbows on. Coupled with art and music that is sex to my senses this game is all I could ever want.

If you don’t have it then get it.

Microshock said:

April 27th, 3:56 pm

Oh god. SHUT THE HELL UP. You have a PC obviously, so put goddamn Linux on that.

THIS is about Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe on UMD and the fact it’s 10 dollars. The digital version is ALSO 10 dollars now.

Don’t come here spreading your anti-sony BS in a place it’s not meant to be.

lastamerican said:

April 27th, 4:01 pm

@microshock

not everyone has a pc!!! that’s why I bought the ps3, so I could have both game system & a pc!! take your silver spoon out of your ass!!!

S-E-G said:

April 27th, 4:04 pm

aren’t these the guys that called us cheap?
i will never buy another game from this developer again
i’ll show you cheap!

Microshock said:

April 27th, 4:04 pm

Yeah you don’t have a PC. You’re totally placing this comment on your ipod touch or from a school library.

BUY A PC. Because Linux isn’t coming back and it wasn’t great on the PS3 anyway.

Take whatever spoon you have out of your ass and stop posting garbage here. Go to the Playstation forums and whine your heart out.

This is about Pixeljunk. Not your complaints. Or go to Playstation Blog Share

lastamerican said:

April 27th, 4:10 pm

I’m on the crappy ps3 browser, Do you work or are you some whining rich kid that’s handed everything?

I wish I could buy a pc but I got bills to pay!!! Do you understand that?

silver spoon is a way of calling you a spoiled little brat who knows nothing!!!

JesseHaysFL said:

April 27th, 4:14 pm

I do love the “babies” but i pay 20 for this badboy on launch day…and you know what I would buy it again, Thank you for the great games Mr. Cuthbert. I have played your stuff for years now and will continue to do so as long as you make em Ill buy em.

NeoRaidenX said:

April 27th, 4:21 pm

Well that pisses me off. I bought it first day for $2o then downloaded a patched copy because I don’t want to use Sony’s awful firmware. Then it comes out in my prefered format for $10 less. I haven’t even played the game yet.

KidCommando said:

April 27th, 5:20 pm

definitely picking this game up on UMD for that price!

yukio_tanaka said:

April 27th, 5:37 pm

WHERE IS HARVEST MOON HERO OF LEAF VALLEY FOR PSP GO!???? PLEASE SONY!!!!
HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON HARVEST MOON
XD

stri said:

April 27th, 6:08 pm

@ Microshock:

Are you totally retarded?
Did you not read anything???

Ok, it’s the principal…
How thick can you be??!!

x9248 said:

April 27th, 6:58 pm

Not again…

Why is every game thread just completely massacred by the crybabies? Get some moderators or something…

Anyways, so not to sound like I just made an irrelevant post myself, I’ll say “I agree with post #2 above” lol XD

Zezzler said:

April 27th, 7:05 pm

Hey dylan,
its been a while since you’ve been on the blog!
are you guys at Q-Games going to reveal your next blockbuster PJ title this E3? that’d be pretty epic. Plus, congrats on the PJ Monsters UMD~

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

April 27th, 7:07 pm

Yup, we’ve been busy!! We’re working on tons of new stuff and our heads are down hard at work.

I’d love to hear from people who purchased Monsters in the shops – it is our first title to actually be on sale physically so indulge me with photos and anecdotes ! :-)

loucetios said:

April 27th, 8:01 pm

Dylan! love the Pixeljunk games, I own all of them except racers and I just got Deluxe today, I like the look of the new island, can’t wait to rainbow the whole thing!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

April 27th, 8:22 pm

remember that the old islands have been “remixed” too.. with some surprises in store :)

lanocty said:

April 27th, 10:49 pm

Are there any plans for new PS3 Monsters games?! I beat encore and im going through withdrawls

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

April 27th, 11:28 pm

Nothing planned yet but I’m pretty sure we’ll come back to it as we love the characters so much.

EvanOger said:

April 27th, 11:42 pm

Dylan,

Thank you so much for your work getting this onto UMD. That, plus the low price, makes this a day one buy for me.

Also, I honestly can’t wait to play the sequel to X. I.can.not.wait. Get that on a physical media as well, would you? And don’t ever stop making games.

nerdmanwhippy said:

April 27th, 11:56 pm

It’s a shame that people are concentrated on having a war in here over non related content to this post -_-‘

Wish I could say I was picking this up, but sadly don’t own a psp. Would kill for some news on the next psn title from you guys however.

Your games always have a day one purchase in my book, the pixeljunk series has been absolutely amazing to play.

maddymad said:

April 28th, 1:40 am

Oh my… what about Europe????

anticulture said:

April 28th, 2:14 am

Excellent game as usual, Dylan. I’ll be picking up my third copy of PJM as soon as I get to the store.

Cheers, mate.

Barnolde said:

April 28th, 3:47 am

Please port this to the PS3 one, Encore isn’t enough!

CMax420 said:

April 28th, 6:24 am

I would buy this game, if it was playable on the PS3! I tried the demo on the pspgo and loved it, but I would rather play it on my big screen :)

Any chance we will get a patch so we can do so?

senocular said:

April 28th, 8:05 am

Love PJ. Love Monsters. Love Remote Play support. Love $10 price points. I’m picking this up as soon as I can.

BalramRules said:

April 28th, 9:00 am

P.J. MONSTERZ ARE FAB! XD
GOOD JOB SONY! =P

TwinDad said:

April 28th, 9:53 am

Dylan,

I struck out at Best Buy. They did not have it and when I asked could not locate it in the back. I will try target today as it is by the gym. But sadly for me, the stores around me have almost no PSP games.

I might have to go with plan B, the download.

@CMAX

There is a PS3 version of Monsters in the PS Store.

Buzzy42 said:

April 28th, 10:05 am

I just got a backorder notice from Bestbuy.com for mine…

coolasj19 said:

April 28th, 10:19 am

wow Dylan. long time no see on the blog.

When I buy this tomorrow. My Gamestop restocks Thursdays. Will I get a code for a download of the game? i am very interested in the PSP Go soon.

TwinDad said:

April 28th, 10:47 am

@coolasj

This is the UMD version. If you need a version for the go then you need to buy from the store.

PAGE 1 2