PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Final Fantasy IX Coming Soon to PlayStation Store

Ami Blaire's Avatar + Posted by Ami Blaire on May 07, 2010 // Vice President of Marketing, Square Enix

Following up to the fan favorite release of FFVII and FFVIII, PS3 and PSP owners will have a new and exciting opportunity to immerse themselves, once again, into the world of Final Fantasy.

Considered by many gamers to be a must-play title for any RPG fan, FFIX will soon to be available for North American fans via the PlayStation Network. If you missed Final Fantasy IX during the early PlayStation era, or are dreaming of reliving the time-tested FFIX adventure, your chance is coming soon.

Sit tight and keep your eye on the PlayStation.Blog for important announcement information, including the release date, coming soon!

163 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ V_Ben on May 7th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

awesome news :)

+ UnholierThanThou on May 7th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Awwwwww! The little Squeenix fanboys are gonna get what they’ve been crying for! Thank you, Squeenie, for shutting them up!

+ bdavid81 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Awesome news, day one purchase, though I still own the black label as well.

+ reson8er on May 7th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Will purchase day one. It’s the only post VII Final Fantasy I’ve never played. Thanks for the update :D

+ dotCody on May 7th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

Awesome! Any chance off Final Fantasy X hitting the Store, ever? :)

+ Andrefpvs on May 7th, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

OH YEAH!

+ Azuske on May 7th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

Looks like this is the final release hitting the store
but nice :)

+ Suzzopher on May 7th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

I hope the Euro blog updates with news this good soon

+ FenRir_D on May 7th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Make a FFX+FFXII bluray combo like GoW collection ;) I know you know what your fans want.

+ dsh_18 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Another one that must come to PSN is Xenogears

+ mixedkidbx on May 7th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

Cool FFIX was a good game

+ Reluctant-Hero on May 7th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

Hell yeah! IX is the best of the PSX Final Fantasy games!

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

woohoo, can”t wait, finally a psOne classic that is worthy of it’s name.

+ Frejim on May 7th, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

excellent news!

+ aurn on May 7th, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

We want FFX international !

+ TheManda on May 7th, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

Cheers!

+ Sindred on May 7th, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

This is my favorite PS Final Fantasy game. So excited. Remember folks, if you have your old PS1 saves, you can upload those to your PSP/PS3 and continue playing games that you started on your PS1.

+ Psikorps on May 7th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

A actual PS1 “Classic” being added to the P1 Classics area, its been aehile…good job Sony. Keep it up. (Last real classic I think that was added was Grandia)

@8 I would soooo buy that.

+ BSM9 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

Man, whoever made the post about Xenogears took me back. That game was a classic PSOne title.

+ DMeisterJ on May 7th, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

Is Xenogears after FFIX? Please?

+ favian on May 7th, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

the most underrated in the series. glad to see it is finally out, but really, where are the rest of the square classics for ps1? legend of mana, vagrant story, saga frontier 1 & 2. i would buy them all, since i sold the originals many years ago :(

+ FFObsessed on May 7th, 2010 at 7:18 am said:

Please bring all your PS1 classics to the PS store, for Europe as well as the US! I’d purchase every single one the first day they release.

Also I’d love for the PS2 Final Fantasy games to be released on PS3 remastered in HD like the God of War collection. I’d buy all of them as well. :)

+ gor1llap1mp on May 7th, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

God bless SquareEnix! Now try and send us Final Fantasy Origins and im Golden!

+ EXTREME_rkmn on May 7th, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

Sweet! My favorite FF game! Now, make Kingdom Hearts Collection on Blu-ray like you did with God of War. I know it’s not your game, but it used to be on PS! Prime us for Birth By Sleep! And make the cut-scenes HD!!!! DO IT SQUARE-Enix DO IT!!!!

+ StealthReborn– on May 7th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

By far my favorite Final Fantasy game, I’m really looking forward to its release. Keep up the great work!

+ gor1llap1mp on May 7th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

Oh and Final Fantasy Anthology too!

Thank you and have a good day.

+ LumarQQ on May 7th, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

Parasite Eve Plox

+ venneer on May 7th, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

Xenogears and Vagrant Story next? Pretty please?

+ Oceanborn712 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

I’d rather hafe FF6 instead of this piece of crap =(

+ SirGawain on May 7th, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

Am I the only one waiting for Bushido Blade 1+2? Or even better, a remake?

+ BlooodyCow on May 7th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

Every Final Fantasy up to Final Fantasy X shows how good of a developers SquareSoft were. Ever since that merger with Enix, its been nothing but one disappointment after another.

+ Psikorps on May 7th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

Bushido Blade will come out later, remade for the Playstation Move, so you can swing that thing with the ball on top around and pretend your tom cruise in a samurai movie.

But seriously I agree, the Bushido Blade games were great, I would buy them if ever released, and a remake (if done right) would get me to pre-order.

+ wiseken07 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

wow… funny how i looked at that from my Facebook… and thought… WOW FFXI…. but i was so wrong… lol it’s ‘IX’

+ maver1ck89 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

This is the best FF. Awesome.

+ Tjoeb123 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

Enough with the “I want FFX” PLEASE. We’re not getting it.

Anyways, it’ll be nice to see a return to the old days of FF gaming (prior to VIII, while retaining its graphics) and a return to taking up ~2 GB on my Memory Stick, bringing the total to ~5GB taken by all the PS1 FFs (minus Origins, Chronicles, and Anthology).

Speaking of which, Chronicles would be nice so we can play CT on our PS3s and PSPs…despite the long load times.

@BlooodyCow
I’d have to disagree with you there, as they have made some pretty awesome games, though not really anything to do with Final Fantasy…except its gameplay in games like Chaos Rings for iPhone.

+ Anzo42 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Sweet! I missed this one back in the day and have heard nothing but good things about it.

+ Kamiboy on May 7th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

These releases are in sore need of Trophy support, but then when SONY mandates half-assery nothing much can be done.

Still, would be nice to give Vagrant Story a spin on PSN, that game is still head a shoulder above any RPG that cam out since,

+ KazeEternal on May 7th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

SWEET A SQUARE ENIX POST!!

Awesome news about FF IX, thank you for bringing Final Fantasy to the PlayStation Store. I hope to see FF Anthology, FF Origins, FF Chronicles, FF1 and FF2 PSP UMD, Vagrant Story, Einhander, Tobal No. 1, Xenogears, and Parasite even on the PlayStation store in the future.

All these titles are beloved games that we’ve been asking for regularly.

WELCOME TO THE BLOG!

We hope to hear from you guys more often; especially with news on FFaXIII, FFvXIII, FF14, and other square releases.

PS Can we have a Chrono Cross/Trigger sequel? Can we also have new and original RPG titles? Will SE plan on more PSP/PS3 support in the future? Also Psikorps (#31) had an awesome idea, GO FOR IT! I <3 Busido Blade.

+ Traumnovelle on May 7th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

How about releasing Vagrant Story in the U.S.
It has been up in the Euro Playstation Store since December, 5 months and counting is a bit of a wait, isn’t it?

+ ShadowLady on May 7th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

Awesome news?? Now my pS3 is blocked and i can’t play these games on it which I already own………………………………………………………………………………

+ SPOOKULA209 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

good, I like to see these throwbacks even if I don’t play them

+ WindedHero on May 7th, 2010 at 7:56 am said:

Yaay Ami! <3
What's next? I would love to see all the FF titles on the store. Get square enix to push Sony for software-emulated backwards compatibility would ya? :D

See you on facebook! ^_^

+ Airwalkinman17 on May 7th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

YES!!! I just need to know WHEN? I can’t wait.
Thank you, you made my day.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KazeEternal on May 7th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

Oh Ya forgot, Nier Replicant DLC please!

+ nokedimyo on May 7th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

I would love to see Xenogears on the store, as well as more of your PSP releases such as Final Fantasy 1 / 2.

+ kmkaizen on May 7th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

next Xenogear ok pretty it that IX is coming but VIII is really my fav and i own it on disc

+ Juben on May 7th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Good news but looking for updates to original titles an update a two player or multiplayer mode in a few of the non rpgers games. Already have all the originals if not doubles of them and some even still in plastic so on a fateful day one of my originals go bad i am ready. Would love an online fft of coop and vs and story acourse.

Traum did you play Vagrant Story? Story was decent but clipping issues and terrible grammar was almost as bad as “all our base are belong to us” well not that bad but it is up there in terms of grammar errors out of translations.

Wouldn’t mind an update to rad racer for 4.99 / 5.99 I’d buy it not sure enough would but one can dream

+ LokeSTL on May 7th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

Welcome to the Blog Ami! Glad you guys are finally releasing this PSone Classic. As you can see from the requests on this post(and the tons of request in the forums) we would like more from you guys. Here is a short list:

FF Anthology – PSone Classic
FF Chronicles – PSone Classic
FF Origins – PSone Classic
Xenogears – PSone Classic
Dragon Quest VII – PSone Classic
FFX, X-2 & XII – enhanced PS3 ports
Kingdom Hearts I & II – enhanced PS3 ports
Star Ocean III – enhanced PS3 port
The Last Remnant – promised PS3 version

All easy money considering that the games are already finished aside from re-coding and red tape. Please pass our requests on to those who could make these happen. Oh, and don’t forget the money printing machine that a remake of FFVII would create. Just use the enhanced PC version, add trophies and 16:9 support, and release it as a PSN downloadable game. Please?!……..

+ Gunwing on May 7th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

The Last Remnant for PS3 would shut up a lot of the people screaming that games like ME1/2, and others are not true RPGs because they have guns.

News Flash: The board game Dungeons and Dragons has player classes with guns, missiles, and yes even jet packs. Time portals are a wonderful thing you know.

But purists will insist on these games from Square until they get them. Plus the PS3 might do a better job on the Last Remnant, as well as The Lost Oddisy. It was proven that the PS3 can do more with the exelent port, and redo of several Xbox games. IE StarOcean 4 The Last HOPE fixed all of it’s problems other then poor VOs on the PS3, so it can’t be that hard.

IMHO I would buy the Lost Oddisy, and Last Remnant if they had a vary easy setting, and new weapons/gear for PS3 only. As well as enhanced performance and graphics.

+ IrishPete333 on May 7th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

I want to know who voted less then 5? That’s just wrong in son many ways. First day purchase for me.
I actually just bought FF Anthology off Amazon the other day, I can’t wait to play my favorite FFVI!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4