God of War

Jun 14

Jun 14

World Premier of the DC Universe Online Official E3 Trailer

Wes Yanagi's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, Sony Online Entertainment Austin

Hi Everyone!

All of us on the DCUO team are extremely excited to provide the PlayStation.Blog community with the world premier of the DC Universe Online official E3 trailer.

The team has been hard at work gearing up for E3, and as you’ll see in this trailer composed entirely of actually game play footage. The moment you step into the world of DC Universe Online, you will experience high paced action and physics unlike anything ever seen before, and this trailer is just a taste of what lies ahead for you! Our goal at Sony Online Entertainment in Austin is to combine a fast paced action combat experience that console gamers expect with a huge online world supporting thousands of players. Our saying around the office is “Prove Thru Play,” and we can’t wait to get people in front of the game at E3 this week to take it for a test drive and experience for themselves exactly what we mean.

This trailer also shows the tremendous influence Jim Lee has brought to the table working as the Executive Creative Director on this title – his edgy take on the DC Universe has been transformed from the traditional 2D comic book medium into an immersive 3D interactive environment where you become the next legend! Between now and our release in November, stay tuned for tons of exciting releases from the team – we can’t wait to show you what is up our sleeves!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

davivman said:

June 14th, 12:05 pm

This looks cool.

TheForbiddenOne said:

June 14th, 12:05 pm

This game will be amazing..

Thrasher20 said:

June 14th, 12:06 pm

Looking sweet!!

Off topic: Jeff I hope I get something free tomorrow at the E3 conference :P

polo155 said:

June 14th, 12:11 pm

this looks good, id pro cop it, i remember footage from awhile ago, its more nice now.

BlooodyCow said:

June 14th, 12:12 pm

Will this be free to play once to purchase the game?
So can we switch sides at will? like can we be a hero from Monday to Friday and be a villain from Saturday to Sunday?

CHRISRHODE2004 said:

June 14th, 12:15 pm

You know what would be amazing….because console online gaming is starting to take structure….is that BLIZZARD released ports of World of Warcraft multi-platform. Imagine that….?? No need for a PC any longer.

Fluidshine said:

June 14th, 12:15 pm

OMG I have been waiting for this game for so freaking long!!! Please announce a release date at E3!!

NightHawk17 said:

June 14th, 12:17 pm

OMG, this is gonna be so fun. I hope you guys have this in your press conference:)

ReddoKabut said:

June 14th, 12:18 pm

Great!!

Insyt said:

June 14th, 12:18 pm

i’ve been lookin at this game for a while, hope it coms this year…

off topic…Microsoft stole the show Tutquen809? because they gave away free consoles…i was sleepin through the subject of 360…

Pc,
Syt

LegendSoldierX said:

June 14th, 12:23 pm

NICE! Looks awesome!

thegiblet75 said:

June 14th, 12:24 pm

Microsoft stole the show? Didn’t they demonstrate Eye Toy plus array microphones (like the PS Eye has)? Wasn’t the exercise game an update of the PS2 version? If I was an XBox owner that liked sports, the ESPN thing might be nice, but besides that, I didn’t see anything new or exciting. (Well MSG Rising was new and disappointing – wonder if it will have Move support? That would be funny!)

AnthonyDa1nOnli said:

June 14th, 12:25 pm

That is the funniest statement i seen all day @Tutiquen809… That has to be the worst press conference i seen in 5 years, Sony will crush them with just the update of PSN… That Kinect stuff was not hardcore that was weak… PS Move is the gate way to casual and hardcore games with hd graphics… Sony could drop the Ps3 $50 and MS would be in real deep crap… plz make sure that u watch that conference again Because sony will show u how the big boys do it.

TheFallenEnigma said:

June 14th, 12:26 pm

Announce a beta, then give me the beta. My goal in DCUO is to kill Superman.

MartiniMan said:

June 14th, 12:28 pm

Says it releases in November; did many miss that? Can’t wait for this one. Been watching this game for what seems like forever. Now do I get it for PS3 or PC?

ZAANOS said:

June 14th, 12:29 pm

Looks insane! I cannot wait! I’m a fan of the Master Artist Jim Lee. Hope support for this game lasts for years and hope we see content that coincides with future DC story arcs..

ckpotc said:

June 14th, 12:34 pm

Looks cool. I hope a demo will come out!

mend718 said:

June 14th, 12:34 pm

IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE NARRATORS SUIT RESEMBLING A LOT LIKE KICKASS?????

Super--Brad said:

June 14th, 12:39 pm

Graphically this game looks much better, than last years reveal trailers, however I want to see more gameplay than actual pre-rendered game unless this is gameplay graphics?

Dante989 said:

June 14th, 12:41 pm

@12… I saw the MGS:R video on psu.com and… they need to eliminate the word SOLID… because that is not a traditional MGS game… That trailer puts the name MGS to shame. MGS was all about stealth.

But,… besides that…. DCUO looks awesome… I’ve been wanting this game from the time it was announced. Hope you guys have a release date during the E3 conference tomorrow.
I’m also wondering if their will be a paid subscription or the online is gonna be free.
If the game is shown tomorrow, I’m sure you guys will let us know then.
Anyway, good job you guys. Keep up the good work.

robertmc8 said:

June 14th, 12:41 pm

Freaking about time I waited this game for long time reason why I got PS3 in the first place :). I hope Qore users can be in the final beta of DC Online testing later this year I’m going renewal my qore next month for sure :).

juggulator said:

June 14th, 12:42 pm

Yup it comes out in November as most big game releases do.(i.e.Call Of Duty) and its an E3 trailer so my guess is that it will be shown at E3. Especially since it’s been all but comfirmed. I want to know how the game plays. Like how many players on screen and how big are the areas that you play in.

vinnyg32 said:

June 14th, 12:43 pm

I feel like I’ve been waiting for this game forever. Looks Great :)

vinnyg32 said:

June 14th, 12:45 pm

@Tutiquen809

That’s what they had to do to wake everyone up that had fallen asleep. To be honest, I’m sorry to say their presentation was very subpar overall for them.

eagles1990 said:

June 14th, 12:47 pm

Wow this looks great

Ikillshy1 said:

June 14th, 12:47 pm

Can anyone tell me if Sony will be posting HD verions of their press conference for download on ps3 this year?

wiseken07 said:

June 14th, 12:49 pm

Well i hope that the PSN+ subscription covers MMO fees… with this and FFXIV… i don’t think i can afford to put gaming in the monthly bill pile

jonboi24 said:

June 14th, 12:50 pm

Sony save something for E3!

pencil420 said:

June 14th, 12:52 pm

I can’t watch this video bcuz I have a ps3.
I can’t use the forums or ps.com either.
Oh well I’ll have to wait 4 gameplay on youtube
after a title releases.

Gunwing said:

June 14th, 12:59 pm

Please Sony don’t waste time on PS Move unless you have some killer hardcore games to announce for it. IE Resistance 3 for PS move would rock so hard…………

But if your going to show off your games. Show us GAMES! Not crap like Microsoft did they had like 5 good games, and that was it nothing cool one new IP from Crytek, and that was it. Please Sony don’t make the same mistake and focus the whole show on PS Move, make it a long show with lots of news for hardcore and casual gamers. Kinetc for Microsoft was bad, the launch titles were boring, and had nothing cool or new with them other then oh look nothing in my hands crap!

Do better, show off your MMOs, announce your Pay for PSN, show off a new browser for PS3, show off more gameplay for Killzone, and all the other games you announced! Also announce the PSP2!

JeepnDave said:

June 14th, 1:00 pm

did I just hear a chic say “sony” at the end of that? that game looks awesome by the way….. bring on November!

Jeanse27 said:

June 14th, 1:04 pm

Purchase on day 1!!!! Gonna be great!!!

Tutiquen809 said:

June 14th, 1:10 pm

hahaha my badddd i went out and missed a lot of the presss conference. just saw the beginning and the end. sorry.

Tutiquen809 said:

June 14th, 1:12 pm

and about this this trailer. CANT WAIT TO SEE THE JOKER WITH SUPERMANS ABILITIES. THAT SHOULD BE SWEET

KiLLeRJuaN420 said:

June 14th, 1:20 pm

This looks awesome can’t wait

Did anyone else notice how boring and crappy kinect looked
can’t wait or tomorrow and see what Sony shows
with move

narwhalSTAB said:

June 14th, 1:21 pm

I’ve been waiting for this game for years. It’s finally coming this fall!

Axecution said:

June 14th, 1:24 pm

yeah really, i was thinking of Kickass the entire time. xD

Looks really good though. :D

Irishmandkg said:

June 14th, 1:36 pm

Can’t wait for tomorrow. M$ already showed they cannot compete with Sony.

Minck said:

June 14th, 1:38 pm

I CAN’T WAIT!!! Pre-order for me!!!

Flauros23 said:

June 14th, 1:38 pm

Personally, I’m not going to even look at this one further than SOE. Every online game handled by SOE has been run into the ground (Star Wars Galaxies, The Matrix Online, Planetside)…I’m not happy with how they handle their MMOs, and I’m going to avoid this one like the plague.

Orthodoxa said:

June 14th, 1:40 pm

It would be really nice if y’all could post a version of the trailer that is actually viewable with a PS3. I would have thought that a trailer for a PS3 game posted on a Playstation blog would have been in a format that a PS3 can play, but I’m getting the “application not supported” message.

poweredbyzen said:

June 14th, 1:44 pm

make mine marvel! oh wait, wrong catch phrase! this looks really good – demo please! :D

Anubis80 said:

June 14th, 1:45 pm

1st day buy for me!

SupaCoop30 said:

June 14th, 1:49 pm

I’m going 2 get it at midnight and those are the real gameplay graphics they just edited actual gameplay and made a trailer!

kempra said:

June 14th, 1:59 pm

Like a dope fiend, i got to have it.

ADR143 said:

June 14th, 2:03 pm

dam hope this comes out this year

Its_Kenn said:

June 14th, 2:12 pm

lol wheres kickass…

SpiritThief said:

June 14th, 2:22 pm

Let this be Buy2Play like Guild Wars and I’ll be there.

Only suckers pay to play.

DreamChange said:

June 14th, 2:23 pm

Uhm, not related to the subject.
But, I think that Sony should try to get Conker’s Bad Fur Day on the PSN and make it online multiplayer, and bring back The Legend Of Dragoon!

SupaCoop30 said: