PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

First Look: The Sly Collection in HD for PS3

Glen Egan's Avatar + Posted by Glen Egan on Jul 01, 2010 // President, Sanzaru Games

Hi there, My name is Glen Egan, I am the President of Sanzaru Games, a Foster City, CA based independent video-game studio. We are very hard at work bringing The Sly Collection to the PS3 and I just wanted to use this brief post to tell everyone a little bit about our studio and what’s going to be in the game. Sanzaru Games has been making videogames since 2007; the PlayStation historians out there may remember that we were responsible for the PS2 version of Secret Agent Clank. But this year we are sinking our teeth into the PS3. In case you missed all the E3 action, here is a quick rundown on The Sly Collection…

Sly Cooper 1 PS2 Sly Cooper 1 PS3

The game will feature all three titles in the Sly Cooper series: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus; Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves and Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves. They have all been remastered in HD with up-rezed textures and full 16:9 widescreen rendering to deliver the most vibrant, crisp Sly Cooper experience yet. Sly Cooper 3 will also be playable using the latest 3D televisions, which are extremely cool — I wish there was a way to demonstrate it online, but I think the best thing to do is to swing by your local Best Buy (or whoever) and checkout a demo of the Sony Bravias. It is a very nifty new way to experience the game and from the moment you see it you will be hooked — I know I am! Players will also now be able to earn Trophies as they play through the games and yes, I can confirm officially that there will be three platinum trophies awarded, one for completing each game. We will also be adding a series of cool PlayStation Move mini-games to the collection. We’ll have more information on the mini-games in the coming weeks.

Sly Cooper 3 PS2

Sly Cooper 3 PS3

We are all big fans of the Sly Cooper series and the opportunity to work with Sucker Punch and Sony to bring the games to the PS3 is awesome. Sucker Punch created the amazing Sly Cooper universe and we have learned so much from working with them — their kung-fu is very strong as I am sure you can tell from the spectacular game inFAMOUS! The guys have been super helpful getting everything together for us to work on and things are coming along great.

Sly Cooper 2 PS2 Sly Cooper 2 PS3

So that’s it for now, we will definitely have more info on the game to share shortly, so watch this space!

Cheers,
Glen

P.S. Go try a 3D TV — they rock!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ JakeSkate on July 1st, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

Very cool

+ Seeing_Red_Again on July 1st, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Very nice, looks great. Can’t wait to play these games.

BTW, how much will The Sly Collection be at retail?

+ IcedDice777 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Hey! Wild Arms and DarkCloud collection remastered with trophies Next! 8)

+ KSPRAYDAD on July 1st, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Looks great…even though I have a BC PS3 I’ll still be rebuying these.

…best Sly yet….implies more to come!

Cheers.

+ Zezzler on July 1st, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

I’ve never played Sly before, but this is giving me all the reason to try it out! (Three Platinum Trophies FTW!)

+ Keyeszx on July 1st, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Can’t wait. Loved Sly Cooper, I never had time to get the third one but I loved the first two. I spent hours collecting everything. Reminds me of the old style games from my childhood.

P.S. If you want me to try out a 3DTVs put some of those things closer to me, San Diego is too far.

+ AguilarX on July 1st, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

never played sly too so im really glad sony is bringing this. hopefully more ps2 hd revisions gets released complete with platinum trophies. not 1 a year.like gow collection 2009 and sly collection 2010. obviously next up is ico and sotc, even tho i have those games already they’re just to epic to play all over again for the platinums.

+ blackprophesy on July 1st, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Will the Move mini-games be required to earn the Platinum Trophies?

+ AguilarX on July 1st, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

oh yeah. move integration on classic titles is an awesome addition!

+ Brextor72 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

I think I love you guys! :’) This is a definitely a pick up on first day game. Will there be any reserve goodies, like a poster? *wink wink*

+ LANDRE899 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

This looks so awesome! Day one buy for me :)

+ AguilarX on July 1st, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

is it true the box art sports the new “CLASSICS HD” PS series?

+ quiomar01 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

hmmm? Will it be a full $60 or $40 like GOW collections? Eh… either way, I’m picking this up on launch day.

+ Mercenary09 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

Always wanted to play these but this beats buying them for the PS2.

+ trev456 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

Looks great! I have all of the original Sly games on the PS2, but I’m hooked on this game now!

+ mr_sweet_suzy on July 1st, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

I beat all of these games on ps2 now i shall conquer on ps3! Im going to say that this will also be a first day buy for me!

+ mr_sweet_suzy on July 1st, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

Any future Crash Bandicoot games in the making?

+ lyfestory on July 1st, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

go try a 3d TV?? you say that like we can just run out and buy one… im not done paying for my HDTV, so i sure wont be getting any kinda 3d TV anytime in the foreseeable future… i really dont see that many people really jumping on the 3d TV bandwagon… its just too expensive and no one really wants to wear those clunky glasses…

as for the collection, good to see more past Sony mainstays getting this treatment… how ’bout some Destruction Derby…????

+ lakimdagreat on July 1st, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

easily some of the best games on the PS2…

+ SpiritThief on July 1st, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

I can’t wait for this come out. Instant buy.

Please DON’T have Move required Trophies. That would be…annoying at the least.

+ BlooodyCow on July 1st, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

As someone who never played the originals, I cannot wait for this collection.

+ lakimdagreat on July 1st, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

Possibly an Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection next? That’d be EPIC…

+ IcedDice777 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

@ 13 ….it will be $39.99 according to Gamestop. Great deal for 3 games that i missed 8)

+ SyphonFusion on July 1st, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

Only way i’m getting a 3DTV is either A you give me one for free, or B I wait till the prices have dropped… a lot.

+ Seiven on July 1st, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

glad I held off on picking up the old PS2 versions (glad I have a backward compatible PS3 still)

+ Seiven on July 1st, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

@22 I hope so too

+ MLZ911 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

I’m very excited for this. I somehow missed this series on PS2, so l’m looking forward to play in HD.

+ dsigns209 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:46 am said:

Looking forward to this. I never got a chance to play the originals on PS2.

+ Capt-Fury- on July 1st, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

what about the frame-rate? looked pretty choppy on the E3 video

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on July 14th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

Hi there,

The E3 demo video was made very early in development, the final frame rate will match the previous games (which were very good ;-)

Cheers,

Glen

+ KidCommando on July 1st, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

Three remastered HD classics with seperate trophies for $40?

Sold!

I have to admit. I went to check out a 3D system at Best Buy the other day and the tech is VERY impressive. I did not think the 3D aspect would work so well with a home television, but I officially want one now. Maybe next year when the prices drop.

+ retro25 on July 1st, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

I’m a big fan of the Sly Cooper series and complete them all, so I can’t wait for this game to come out for the PS3 and complete them again for trophies(FREAKIN SWEET!!!).

+ Frejim on July 1st, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

Price???

+ jimmyfoxhound on July 1st, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

Please don’t screw this up, Sanzaru Games. If this collection is done poorly it could GREATLY decrease our chances of getting a few more PS2 collections on the PS3 (TEAM ICO!!!) so pleeeease do your best w/ this.

+ kivi95 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Never played this games on the ps2 and for 40$ and 3games that’s a DAY ONE BUY.

+ KSPRAYDAD on July 1st, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

@18…some of us can…and by implication your still on SD…so why not save a few more bucks and go 3D when you do jump to HD.

ProTip…there are early adopters in every tech…if their were not you wouldn’t have your $299 PS3 right now.

+ FriedConsole on July 1st, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I loved the first Sly Cooper. One of my favorite games on PS2. The platforming was awesome. I liked the sneaking around stuff too and I hate Metal Gear games.

The second one went “open world” where you tediously had to navigate this big area to find the next level on the map. Not a fan of “open world” games. I hope if there is a 4th you can just choose the next level like the 1st Sly Cooper. I think like the second Super Mario Galaxy where they got rid of the annoying map world, developers are starting to realize that people just want to get to the action.

Not sure if the 3rd Sly Cooper has the “open world” to select the levels but I am going to buy the collection to play Sly Cooper 3. Glad this is coming to PS3!!

+ Blade133 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Will Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Theives be avaible in regular 2D as well?

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on July 14th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

Hi there,

All the games on the disk will be playable in high definition 2D as well as 3D.

Cheers,

Glen

+ Ghostly_Hero on July 1st, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Jak Collection next, please!

+ FunkyTable on July 1st, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

This is spectacular. I hope to see other collections like this in the future (MGS and Team ICO are at the top of my anticipation list).

I played the first two sly games and enjoyed them, but never got around to the third mainly because the games just were not as cool looking on my HD TV. Now I’m excited to play the third.

Please charge the same as the GOW collection to make this an unstoppable series of “Classics HD”

+ Sponge-worthy on July 1st, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

The visuals shown at E3 did not look very good. Will we get 60fps like the GoW Collection?

+ jlch777 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I will love to see GT1,GT2,GT3 and GT4 remastered in HD that will be Glorious!!! along with MGS3.

+ Gunwing on July 1st, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Now all we need is a COD Collection, and a Medal of Honor Collection, as well as my personal fav, KZ/black combo HD collection pack for PS3!

+ jbullfrog23 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

One of my favorite series on any system; a day 1 buy for me. Keep the remastered classics coming Sony!

+ lcmnick on July 1st, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

This looks really good.

+ BigBoss712 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Definitely getting it!
MGS HD collection anyone?

+ Xuphon on July 1st, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Cool. I need Shadow Hearts HD collection remastered with trophies + bug fixes.

+ tigown on July 1st, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Looks nice. Might pick it up, but I already own 1-3 on PS2

+ JetSetFuture on July 1st, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Awesome job on the conversions! Looking forward to the release.

+ Destiny89 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

looking totally great

+ EdEN_Zardos on July 1st, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Waiting for a price and release date for this collection to start saving. Since it’s 3 games with extra Move support my guess is it will be $49.99.

PAGE 1 2 3