PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation minis: Over 1 Million Served

Susan Panico's Avatar + Posted by Susan Panico on Jul 14, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

Today we’re pleased to announce that our smallest downloadable games have passed a very big milestone: over 1 million minis have been downloaded worldwide.

minis hits 1 million downloads

The minis line launched 9 months ago as a quick-to-download, bite-sized experience perfect for on-the-go PlayStation Portable gaming. There are now over 85 titles available on the PlayStation Store, and most are now playable on the PlayStation 3 as well as PSP.

So which minis have been downloaded the most? Here are your top 10 most popular titles:

1. Age of Zombies
  2. Monopoly
  3. Fieldrunners
  4. Zombie Tycoon
  5. Bloons
  6. Spot The Differences!
  7. Pinball Fantasies
  8. Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2
  9. Yetisports Pengu Throw
  10. Breakquest

Many more minis are on the way, including Pacman CE from Namco Bandai Networks, so keep your eye on the PlayStation Store. Congratulations to all of our minis developers (over 50 in all), here’s to another million downloads!

PAGE 1 2

+ kylexla2 on July 14th, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

Monopolys awesome

+ megalodonshark on July 14th, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

it is good to have alot of these smallish games. the price on most is fantastic and the games as a general rule are very fun and addictive.

+ NarcMonkey on July 14th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

man, you guys really don’t need to emphasize your McDonalds mentality towards gaming any more than you already do. >_>

+ Heisem on July 14th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

Age of Zombies is so awesome!

+ LokeSTL on July 14th, 2010 at 7:33 am said:

Question: Are there any turn-based menu driven RPG Minis yet?

I’m looking for something like Breath of Death VII(a DQ clone) that showed up on XBL a couple months back. Any info is appreciated.

+ Fallen_Guardian on July 14th, 2010 at 7:34 am said:

Thanks to PSN+ I have Age of Zombies and Fieldnrunners, both are great games that should be bought. The future of PS Minis looks bright with titles like “WHERE’S MY HEART?” and etc.

+ JetSetFuture on July 14th, 2010 at 7:34 am said:

I got Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners as part of my Plus subscription, and I love them! I also dig Breakquest and the Hysteria Project. I’m looking forward to more Minis, particularly ones based on arcade classics or old-school console games.

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Scott Hawkins on July 14th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

We released three classic arcade games as Minis including:

Lock ‘n’ Chase
    Express Raider
    Burnin’ Rubber (aka “Bump ‘n’ Jump”)

We hope to bring more classics to Minis as well!!

+ Fallen_Guardian on July 14th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

I wish Sony would make Minis for their PS Franchises, like Ratchet and Clank, Sly cooper, LBP, and etc.

Ohh and the God of War mobile title could be turned into a PS Mini, that way more people could play the game :)

+ Razer922 on July 14th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

Planning on picking up Monopoly in the next day or two for a roadtrip on Friday.
And Pac-Man CE will be a mini? Awesome! I’m hoping it’ll be PS3/PSP and not just PSP only like Tetris, but I’m looking forward to it either way.

+ psyXcho on July 14th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

you forgot to mention that 500,000 of these were within the past two weeks by PS+ subscribers ;) I kid, congrats

+ xuipid on July 14th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

+ Kenshin71 on July 14th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

Not a mini but you should give a shout out to Hello Games too who recently revealed at the Develop conference they broke even on their first day of Joe Danger sales and passed 50,000 in a week. Nice little success story for them.

+ ProjectInfiniti on July 14th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

Free mini for everyone in celebration of 1 million? Do it! :D

+ Jeigh on July 14th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

I’d be interested to see what numbers Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies were at before PS+. All the same, they’re fun games, and AoZ had some hilarious moments.

@ NarcMonkey (3)

I’m not exactly sure how that tracks. In fact, I’d say that’s the exact opposite of the truth. PS3 exclusives aren’t ‘out the door as quickly as possible.’ They aren’t ‘rushed.’ In fact, PS3 exclusives have been shown to be of the highest quality. What the hell you’re talking about is beyond me, which leads me to believe you’re whining about something specific and trying to apply it to their entire business model.

+ zombie9 on July 14th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

Havent bought one yet LOL :)

But PAC-MAN The frist game I ever played back in 84 Those were the days. might have to pick that one up. :)

+ texas_ride on July 14th, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

I have the two that were part of PS Plus, otherwise non of the Minis i got are on the list :( but i like the concept and the fact that they are playable on PS3. keep up the good work.

+ Destiny89 on July 14th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

I liked Fieldrunners

+ Jim777 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

Congrats, keep pumping out good minis :)

+ sk8boardn8 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Congradulations Sony. im proud of you guys for being able to reach this milestone, but i have an issue to address, it seems that ur psn costumers, me included, are very disappointed that after 4years of asking for cross-game chat, you have failed to deliver. Its more like your avoiding the issue, and i would really respect you guys more if you just came out and said you couldn’t do it, rather then giving us the run around. because we believe it can be done. now i know probably nobody is going to listen to me being that you guys haven’t listened to us for 4years but i jus had to get my point across.

+ Ar4chNova89 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

#19

Not as many people care about cross-game chat as you think.
Quit complaining.

+ subbed on July 14th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

Prices are often too high but keep them coming.

+ FriedConsole on July 14th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

So glad they mentioned Pacman CE!!! I was worried this game might be dead. It was announced like a year ago.

I love the mini platform. Please keep them coming!

Glad Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies are getting purchases.

People need to buy Blast Off, Freekscape, and Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess. They are awesome!

+ FredPunella on July 14th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

sk8boardn8 shut up.

Go back to your POS RRoDbox.

+ depward on July 14th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess was brilliant. Loved all of halfbrick’s minis as well.

+ krae_man on July 14th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

These would sell a lot better in an enviroment that didn’t top out at $40.

Lets Golf! ipod: $1.99(also has been put on sale for $0.99)

Lets Golf! PSP: $6.99(later dropped to $4.99)

Also wasn’t tetris $10 when it launched?

“We’re priced competetivly with the ipod touch” was the justification for the PSP Go’s $249 price tag. It would be nice if your software was also priced competetivly.

I’m tired of buying nothing for my PSP Go because everything is priced so out of whack. Please fix that.

+ ExPresident on July 14th, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

Got Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners with my PSN+ subscription. I’d have never bought these games without that subscription and thats sad, cause both these titles are very enjoyable, especially for what they charge.

Tetris only works with PSP tho? I’d like to dl that one to play on my ps3 occassionally.

+ FriedConsole on July 14th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

@ #25 krae_man

I am OK with the iPhone/PSP price differences. I find that it is worth a little extra to play a game properly with real buttons.

+ David2Crazy on July 14th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

If they had trophies I would probably be more interested in buying more. So far the only ones I’ve downloaded are the ones that are free with Playstation Plus.

+ F-minus on July 14th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

THANK YOU SIR!!!…. May I have another?!

+ gameboy36 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

Halfbrick deserves thank-you’s.

+ Theodore87 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:48 am said:

Congratulations!

+ StealthReborn– on July 14th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Did I just read something about PacMan coming? I remember playing that arcade game at my dentist when I was a little kid! Looking forward to that game on PSN as a mini. :)

+ BlooodyCow on July 14th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

congrats to all the mini developers and I hope you guys break even at least on these mini.

+ bmate1990 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

so what? I can’t get any of those games anyway

+ Lord_Rinja on July 14th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

I never really looked into Minis until recently when I went to the Playstation Home Minis Event. I like the way the games are presented and I wound up purchasing Hero of Sparta. Can you guys make the Minis Event a permanent part of Home rather then being a temporary area? If you used a format similar to the space right now plus added new Kiosks for the new Minis that come out on Tuesday, I’m sure you would increase your sales even further.

Since the Minis are a nice, small file size, they are perfect for downloading while you are in Playstation Home. I like the Home format because you feel more like you are in a store. It enhances the overall presentation and virtual shopping experience. I also like the way the space informs people about some facts about Minis that they may not know about.

+ tigown on July 14th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Congrats guys, hope to see more great minis for PSN+

+ KazeEternal on July 14th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

not a surprise that Age of Zombies and Field Runners are in the top 3 since they were just offered for free to PS+ Subscribers lol.

+ Wipeoutt31 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Age of Zombies deserves a Game of the Year award.

+ BigBangBear on July 14th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

I have been really enjoying a lot of the PSN content in general. Have really enjoyed Age of Zombies, Cubixx, and Echoes which I bought. Now I have Fieldrunners with my PS+ subscription. All great games. Keep them coming.

+ DTXSFC on July 14th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Can’t wait for Pac-Man CE. Hopefully Ms. Pac-Man will follow.

+ RDespair on July 14th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Hi, this is Robert Boyd at Zeboyd Games (makers of the RPGs, Breath of Death VII and the upcoming Cthulhu Saves the World).

We’re just a small company without a lot of money so we went for the platform with the lowest barrier of entry (XBox Live Indie Games). However, if Sony wanted to help us out with a dev kit and funding, we would be more than happy to support the PSP Mini platform. If interested, I can be contacted at [DELETED]. Thanks.

+ Sindred on July 14th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

Hey guys, I dunno how much control you have of this, but I have an Iphone and some of the best games I have played on it could easily work as Minis (better with PSP controls in many cases) and are produced by Gameloft and Gamevil (one of which already produces for PSP and PS3), so what are the chances of getting games like Zenonia and Inotia as Minis?

+ Permafry_42 on July 14th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

i still love me some balloons =D (those that know the reference are full of complete and utter win.)

+ megamixer on July 14th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I haven’t played a mini yet. The name “mini” alone repels me. And some of them cost as much as full fledged PSN games. It’s hard to take these things seriously… but that may just be me.

+ Hellman on July 14th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Jeff sony needs to see if developers are willing to add trophies because if they do I’ll buy alot of minis! :)

+ CDubyahS on July 14th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Thanks for adding #1 and #3 to my PLUS colllection!

+ poodude on July 14th, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

I’m a bit sad to see Freekscape isn’t up there :(.

+ tropicalskin on July 14th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

Way to go Sony!

+ NotoriousGamer on July 14th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

Can u move the mini saves menu option from the xmb to inside the PS3 save option sub menu???

+ KongWen on July 14th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

It’s really too bad Tetris doesn’t work on PS3 yet. The main reason I bought it was because early press for the minis promised they would be playable on both systems. Alas. :(

PAGE 1 2