PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Six Reasons to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta!

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Sep 15, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! Have you pre-ordered your copy of God of War: Ghost of Sparta yet? What about the limited Black and Red Two-Toned PSP Entertainment Pack? Need a little more convincing?

Starting this week, we are introducing a ‘Six Reasons to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta’ segment through the PlayStation.Blog, where we give our Spartan Army members an in-depth look at each of the exclusive pre-order items from the ultimate bundle. Each update will include a behind-the-scenes look at the process of development for the selected item, and also audio / video visuals for reference. Want a see what the PS3 Dynamic Theme is all about? Highlights from God of War Live? You wouldn’t want to miss this!

GOWgos_ad_layout-v9

In no particular order, here’s the six pre-order exclusive items that will be featured only through the PlayStation.Blog:

1. Kratos PSN Avatar
  2. Original Soundtrack
  3. Legionnaire Skin
  4. PSP Theme
  5. God of War Live (Creative Directors Documentary)
  6. PS3 Dynamic Theme

Leading the charge this week is the exclusive Kratos PSN Avatar!

Kratos PSN Network Avatar Cecil

Name of the artwork, as originally created by the Santa Monica Development Studio – “Gods will pray for mercy”. (Nuff said!)

Exclusive to the pre-order, the Kratos PSN Avatar was created by none other than, Cecil Kim – Visual Development Lead for the God of War franchise. The same Kratos artwork is featured on the home page of Cecil’s site.

What makes this pre-order item even more special is that this will be the only opportunity the Kratos PSN Avatar will ever be made available. Get it while you can as we don’t plan to offer this item outside of the pre-order.

Be sure to check back with the PlayStation.Blog next week for information on the remaining pre-order exclusives!

Every End Must First Begin

PAGE 1 2

+ I3rand0 on September 15th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

Is the soundtrack digital or physical? I’m guessing the former since you’re trying to keep costs of goods low and it’s not like piracy is a problem on PSP or anything.

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

The entire pre-order bundle is in digital form, downloaded through the PS Store with a voucher code

+ Xulap on September 15th, 2010 at 6:10 am said:

Where is this offer available? Is it available at GameStop?
Also, is a voucher with a code given at time of pre-order, or is it available at the time the game releases?

Thanks for the information!

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

It’s available through GameStop, Amazon or BestBuy. Voucher code will be provided at the time of release – November 2nd

+ Rowley30 on September 15th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

Nice!!!

+ Sindred on September 15th, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

Problem is I will be buying this digital. :(

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Np! You’ll be offered the same pre-order DLC bundle through the PS Store the first week of launch – From 11-2 to 11/9

+ Rockstarmd on September 15th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

How will this work for PSPGo users we have been getting screwed on Digital games such as Kingdom Hearts BBS and Naurto Shippuden Psp game are they for sure going to have the digital option for Go users? Worst supported device ever, argh

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

PSPGo users will have the option to download the game through the PS Store from 11-2 to 11-9 and be offered the same great pre-order bundle. Don’t worry, we got you covered :)

+ thisbenjamin on September 15th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

In no way is this meant to disrespect the hard work of the artists at the Santa Monica dev studio, nor am I trying to be rude in general; having said that it looks like Kratos is bearing down to drop a deuce. Maybe it’s the closed eye thing? Weird.

Nice work including the soundtrack!

+ LiQuiZoN on September 15th, 2010 at 6:32 am said:

I have to aggre with the pspgo hate.

I’d buy a device if every game was digitized. While digital distribution is worse for the consumer, the only way to have a great portable device is to go digital, OR BE ABLE TO RIP GAMES AND REGISTER THEM TO A DEVICE!!

HINT* HINT*

I should be able to buy Disc games and register/unregister its serial to a pspgo. Giving me the ability to play it as well as re-sell it, if desired.

+ neostardust on September 15th, 2010 at 6:33 am said:

So will this be in a bundle with a psp or just the game it self?

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

Both. Pre-order bundle is valid for both the Entertainment Pack PSP and the game

+ NeoRaidenX on September 15th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

“Gods will pray for mercy”

How is that possible? Who are they praying to?

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

LOL! Love it!

+ SlackerTD on September 15th, 2010 at 6:36 am said:

For those wondering about getting the digital version, Ken Chan previously posted that for the first week it’s on PSN, you’ll be able to get the same pre-order bundle:

+ nv_Los on September 15th, 2010 at 6:37 am said:

What about us PSPGo owners? i feel like were getting screwed, is it true if you buy it digital at a certain time frame you will get all the preorderr goodies?

+ DieUnbeliever on September 15th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

Sweet deal!!!

+ SlackerTD on September 15th, 2010 at 6:39 am said:

Reposting again without the link (in case moderation doesn’t happen)… Ken Chan previously posted that for the first week it’s on PSN, you’ll be able to get the same pre-order bundle. Take a look at the blog posting from August 2nd.

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2010 at 6:39 am said:

at 5 , it will work the same way Gran Turismo psp pre order DLC worked , if you get the game from PSN during the first week from released you will get all DLC

+ illinnoise on September 15th, 2010 at 6:44 am said:

To all those who asked about owning a pspgo and if you get the bonuses, you can go to a Gamestop and preorder the game and they will give you a code for the game assuming that this offer is give through Gamestop there should not be a problem. If you still have concurn I advise you to give Sony a call on there help line. With that said I want to give A HUGE THUMBS UP to the whole teAm at Sony Santa Monica Studios your doing a bang up job and I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us. Definitly going to lick this up!!!!!!!!!

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Thx, illinnoise. But no need for the trouble. Just purchase from the PS Store at the time of launch – 11/2 to 11/9

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2010 at 6:47 am said:

theres no need to do that illinnoise we just have to download the game from PSN during the first week from released and we should get all DLC pre order just like Gran Turismo PSP DLC pre order

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

at # 9 , are you a God of War fan ? have you seen any God of War Ghost of Sparta video gameplay footage? if you havent then theres a footage where kratos is killing a god and he is basically praying for mercy lol

+ I3rand0 on September 15th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

My follow-up to my previous comment was modded, thanks. Anyways, good job cojones blocking people who don’t want to pre-order out of an avatar. As much as I enjoy giving GameStop interest free loans during a recession, I don’t think you’re going to build any good will out of making it exclusive.

+ jedi_webslinger on September 15th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Is this available for Canada… can’t find the bundle anywhere.

+ jedi_webslinger on September 15th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

pre-ordoer i mean

+ defjedijam on September 15th, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

I would just like to reiterate post #2 I plan to pre-order the entertainment pack but I need to know where to pre-order it from if Gamestop.com is an option or if I can just use my Amazon account. I got totally screwed by Amazon when I pre-ordered GOW3 there and found out a couple weeks later that the special DLC was exclusive to Gamestop. So if you guys are pushing so hard to get us to pre-order you should tell us WHERE to pre-order it at, thanks.

PS.
the entertainment pack looks awesome and the all the added stuff is very nice.

+ Slythex on September 15th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

As with comment #19, can anyone confirm if Canada is getting the pre-order bonuses? Amazon.ca and Gamestop.ca have no mention of them at all.

Thanks.

+ dragonleader33 on September 15th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

I know you guys say you dont plan to offer the avatar anywhere else but you guys really should give it to PS+ subscribers. Give us something worthwhile like this to make up for the not-so-hot updates we have been getting.

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Great point! We’ll have other PS+ exclusive God of War Avatars in the near future

+ hush404 on September 15th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Some kewl stuff… but I never buy my PSP games when first released. IMO $40/+ for a handheld game is insane. I always wait for them to drop to $20, no matter how good the game.

+ Bilouze on September 15th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

Will this be available in Europe as well ?

+ urienji on September 15th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Typical Sony customer support. Lot’s of questions, no answers.

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

hahahaha… we’re here, just had to deal with traffic this morning :)

+ SpiritThief on September 15th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

One reason why God of Sparta should be on PS3.

1. HD

+ wocyob on September 15th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

oh man psn theme/avatar looks sweeeeet

+ wocyob on September 15th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

ugh meant ps3 sorry for the double post

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on September 15th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

got my PSP bundle pre ordered!!!!

oh yeah, BTW PSP GO sucks big time, good thing i sold mine recently in order to get this sweet bundle :)

+ Sindred on September 15th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

@LiQuiZoN I agree completely.

I wouldn’t say the PSPgo sux big time. Ever since I bought mine I have had my PSP with me more often, since I carry a smaller system along with my library in a “real” pocket-sized handheld.

What sux big time is the inability to give digital adopters the same benefits of physical media buyers. I wanted the Y’s special edition (and I even own a PSP3000), so I had to opt to get the digital version so I could have the game with me everywhere. What would have been nice would have been for some special editions to be sold with vouchers (the way that Patapon 2 did: it included the box, manual, artwork, but a card inside instead of a Disc).

So I could preorder GOW digital version and get all the fancy perks, but get a voucher card inside the package instead of a disc.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on September 15th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

@ Sindred

The PSP Go console is what i used to call the true portable PS. But the lack of full support, no Crisis Core on the store among other letdowns makes the PSP Go experience an inferior one to the UMD ready 3000

+ Hooligantuan on September 15th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

lol @ PSP Go

+ EXTREME_rkmn on September 15th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

already pre-ordered. This is actually one of the main reasons; it’s been ridiculous to me that there are no new GOW avatars so as soon as I saw this BOOM! (actually I pre-ordered WAY before bonuses were announced…..just sayin)

@9
Gods will pray for mercy TO KRATOS. DUH.

@31 SINDRED!!!! Did you get your notification for the last part of the Ultimate Fan pack?!?!?! Should be coming today or tomorrow

+ VisionaryLight on September 15th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

All digital kinda lame.

+ chopper731 on September 15th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Tell me how to pre-order a PlayStation Store digital copy and I will.

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

No need. Just purchase through the PS Store at the time of release – 11/2 to 11/9

+ Axonn on September 15th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Ok, awesome items! But what about these pre-order stuff for already screwed PSP Go owners?

+ StealthReborn– on September 15th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

Hey Ken, God of War: Chains of Olympus is included as well in the pre-order as well right?

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

No, that’s only included in the PSP Entertainment Pack :)

+ krae_man on September 15th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

I’ll buy the game for my go when it’s not $40. $40 for a downloadable portable game is insane. The sooner Sony kills that price point, the sooner PSP games will actually start selling.

For gods sake do it already. itunes albums are cheaper then CD’s, stop overcharging for downloadable PSP games.

+ Sindred on September 15th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

@NoGodsOnlyMan

Yeah, I held on to my Crisis Core UMD for that reason. :(

+ T3mpr1x on September 15th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Pre-ordering this mostly for the documentary, since I made it out to the event! Want to see how many times I am shown haha.

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Awesome! Hope you had a good time at the event. We’re still geeking out about it in the office

+ Sindred on September 15th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

@EXTREME_rkmn

Sure did. I’m exited about getting that in. Also, thanks for the Demo Voucher, Ken.

@SlackerTD Thanks, I did not know this. Great news. I still don’t regret buying a Go. It’s a lot easier to keep around, and I never have to say, “Damn, I forgot to pack that game.”…. you know, except for those games that weren’t made digital, lol.

+ jvasq on September 15th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

cool. i really want that black and red psp you guys are selling with the entertainment pack. i hope gamestop will have a special where i can trade my boring black psp for those black and red ones. oh yea…

+ SpyDudeFX on September 15th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Ken I see you saved the best for last, can’t wait to see that dynamic theme. Love the avatar, glad it’s a forever exclusive.

+ mikemill on September 15th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

Thank you for having us PSP Go owners covered! Look forward to this!!!!

+ MrsKrasinski on September 15th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

Is this available to us Canadian GOW addicts? I’m going to be the best gf in the world and get the whole bundle (as well as GT5) for my man, it’d be amazing if he could get the pre-order bundle too.

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

We’ll do a little digging for you. Stay tuned!

+ MrsKrasinski on September 15th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

A Billion thanks in advance, Ken!

+ jedi_webslinger on September 15th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Please i just want an official response. Is the pre-order bonuses will see the light of day in Canada? Your silence is telling me that it will not. I just want an answer please. I can take no for an answer like a man. :-)

+ jedi_webslinger on September 15th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

sorry man didnt see your answer @46 while writing

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Np! We’re on it

+ MarinoBrea on September 15th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Good value all-around. I really see NO reason at all NOT to pre-order.

PAGE 1 2