LittleBigPlanet 3

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition coming October 12th

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Sep 28, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a whole year since UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves was released! Since then we’ve sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide of UNCHARTED 2, hosted more than 125 million online multiplayer matches and won more Game of the Year Awards than we know what do with.

Not exactly a bad problem to have.

UNCHARTED 2

To commemorate UNCHARTED 2 as the definitive Game of the Year in 2009, we’re proud to reveal the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition!

UNCHARTED 2: Game of the Year edition

On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:

Sparing me the need to bust out a calculator, I’m told the total value of all the content we’re including in our Game of the Year Edition comes in at more than $35.00 if you purchased it all separately — and some of the content isn’t even available for purchase separately, so the bonus just got even better.

Releasing our Game of the Year Edition in the same week as our one-year anniversary of release is not without benefits – we have set aside Saturday, October 16, 2010, as the date to join us online for some awesome anniversary festivities!

We’ll be running a special one-day only playlist which compiles a “Best of…” selection of gametypes we’ve chosen from previous episodes of “The Lab.” We’ll also have plenty of Dogs online nearly all day in that playlist to play against. But that’s not all – we’re not ready to reveal everything yet, so please check back on NaughtyDog.com in the next few weeks. We’ll be posting more details on all the awesomeness we have in store for our fans!

And last but not least, head on over here to check out the IGN exclusive interview with our very own Evan Wells and Justin Richmond for an inside look at how they are feeling a year since launch, multiplayer stats, accolades, and more!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ alok893 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

First!Awesome news will pick it up!Cannot wait for Uncharted 3 news!

+ Destiny89 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Uncharted 2 is truly awesome! you guys better be working on Uncharted 3 now :P. love uncharted

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Thanks – we’re really happy at the reception it’s gotten and the awesome fans we have!

+ SPOOKULA209 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

this is great for people who don’t have the game already. those who don’t have this game yet missed a great game but they can still pick it up and enjoy both the sp and mp portions of the game

+ Mucudadada on September 28th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Yaaa!! Congrats Naughty Dog! This is an amazing deal for anyone who has for some reason missed out on this epic game full of epicness!

+ pece22 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Amazing!!!

+ NHDrumline17 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

I wish there was some way to get some of the DLC separate from this, but what the heck, I’m still gonna buy this anyways to support Naughty Dog!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

All of the DLC is available on the PSN Store except the cash multiplier for the early levels, the Golden Guns and the Revenge booster unlock.

+ tolkienfanatic on September 28th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Great news. Jak 4 please :)

+ Ar4chNova89 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Been meaning to pick this up after stupidly trading it in a year ago.
Never again.

+ Link01 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

I love you guys to death, but I seriously want some more DLC for Uncharted 2…. I mean Sony said you had voice actors working on it, any hints at least?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Nothing to discuss yet!

+ Nintendo451 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

While I love Uncharted 2 to death, what is my motivation as someone who already owns the game and has most of the DLC? Or is this game specifically targeted towards people who have (somehow) not experienced this incredible game?

Regardless, congratulations on creating one of the best games of the decade!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

A Game of the Year Edition is mostly to bring in new people to the game by giving them the option to purchase a copy that has great value and has everything packed in, so you don’t have to go get everything separately.

+ EatDeath on September 28th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

I should so totally double dip!

+ CaruthK on September 28th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

I have to get this still have not own any of the Uncharted games yet. Played then at friends house.

+ poodude on September 28th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

I love this game, and I love Naughty Dog. I already own the Majority of the content included but I may have to pick it up again just for the new box art.

+ CrapForce on September 28th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

BRING ON UNCHARTED 3!!! love this sexy game!!!!!

+ NHDrumline17 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

Will game saves/online stats/cash/trophies carry over from the original game to this?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Of course! It’s still the same Uncharted 2 inside the box, regardless of what else is packed in and the fancy new box art.

+ Shinmigami on September 28th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

I am pre-ordering it as we speak!!!!!

+ FFObsessed on September 28th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Wish you guys gave KILLZONE 2 a similar kind of treatment, even if it didn’t get as many GOTY awards as U2.

Still, it got a couple of overall GOTY awards alongside many FPS of the year awards. You should re-release it with the 3 map packs included.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on September 28th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Sweet! Too bad the multiplayer was ruined a while back, though. Guess Naughty Dog doesn’t care about their old level 60s.

+ KabutoHunter on September 28th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Nice. I’ll be picking it up!

+ xpapox on September 28th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

NICE!!! Hope Uncharted 3 is in the making.. :)

Congrats Naughty Dog!

+ Sarno1605 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

SERIOUS QUESTION!!! I won the Fortune Hunter Edition at Rosemont, IL event and they took a picture of us (the first place winners). I was just wondering if their is a way for me to get a copy of that picture. PLEASE RESPOND!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

I’ll ask around and see.

+ weirdassfreak182 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

dont really think its fair the whole game of the year edition things cause all of the people who buy the games when they come out lose out now so the owners of the original version would have to sell it and then re buy it seems a lil unfair

+ redtailman on September 28th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Another way to screw us fans who bought the game day 1

+ HaMmOdY on September 28th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

oh my god!

the best deal I’ve seen so far.

+ BigBoss712 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

Cool stuff, I’m also ready for Uncharted 3. ;)

+ ab5tr4kt- on September 28th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Amazing deal for an amazing game. I’ll be picking this up for sure. Now about HD Otsels…

+ FE_RR on September 28th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

now there’s no excuse to get this game…sorry, here goes again
now, there’s no excuse to get THE game!
everything NAUGHTY DOG touchs, turns gold
congrats

+ BLEACH-Fan on September 28th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

You guys deserved all the credit you got I am a dedicated Uncharted player it truly is an amazing franchise I am also a big fan of Crash Bandicoot (yours only) Jak and Daxter may we please get some more Playstation Heroes Skins like Colonel Radec, more Helghast, Kratos, more Chimera, perhaps even the new Cole McGrath? :)

+ HaMmOdY on September 28th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

@24 if you want deals on games, don’t buy them on day 1.

+ lbpmagician on September 28th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Glad I waited, now I only need to finish the first one before this is released :P

+ Zezzler on September 28th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

I wish all of the DLC for Uncharted 2 was just right on the blu-ray instead of a download voucher. but whatever, that is still one hell of a GOTY edition!

+ SpiritThief on September 28th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Sweet now I can finally pick up Uncharted 2. Been waiting for this.

+ SpiritThief on September 28th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Aww when I can pre order on amazon. I didn’t see it up there.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Amazon is up already and more will follow in the next few hours!

+ komori_kiri on September 28th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Grats to you, Dogs!
But it should be Game of the Generation Edition :P
Every PS3 owner should get this amazing game.

Hopefully some new MP maps are on their way and not just silly birthday hats for the skins >.>

+ krae_man on September 28th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Cool for anyone who hasn’t played the game yet.

But, can we can the whole “Game of the Year edition” branding please?

Games that got “PS3 adventure game of the year” from some unknown site are releasing “Game of the Year Editions” now. Not that Uncharted 2′s accolades are that questionable but still I’m getting sick and tired of everyone copying that branding because what Oblivion did it?

What’s next Game of the Year edition with Zombies and new back to the future referencing trophies?

+ RenegadeDevil on September 28th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Make it a MOVE title and I will get it.

+ xtremeimport on September 28th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

I didnt think i’d ever regret getting Uncharted 2…now, I do..i want all this content. its to expensive to buy from the store separate. I dont play the MP enough to spend $40+ on just DLC for it..but thinking of how I can get this…I wonder what the trade in value would be for the original..:P

+ Xephron on September 28th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Awesomesauce! Make Jak and Daxter 4 for your next project to finish up the series!!!

+ Bigbudd45 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Any chance on some new dlc? How about some new skins? Kratos? Maybe see if you can get snake? I can dream.

+ Kchow23 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Well deserved for such an awesome game… Arne will you be there on Thursday for the Giantbomb Thursday Throwdown? looking forward to playing against Naughty Dog devs

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

I should be on for a little while at least, we’re still planning that out and making sure we have enough Dogs online.

+ Xer0Signal on September 28th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

i’ve been playing games for about 20 years now, and i think this is slowly becoming my favorite of all time.

an excellent deal for anyone who doesn’t own a copy yet.

now, can you guys go ahead and give us that new DLC we’re aching for?

kthxbaiiiiiiii

+ Korbei83 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Definitive Game of the Year. The first in history.

+ D-Roca on September 28th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Awesome…..this game is the best game this generation along with Demon’s Souls.

Gran Turismo 5 will ne up there too

+ Richlando on September 28th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Another game I had rented with Gamefly instead of buying. Might be worth the purchase now that it comes with all that DLC..just hope it wont be like RE5 Gold and lock me out from getting the trophies I missed..

+ fedex682 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

I have uncharted 2 and I plan to get the GOTY edition also. It is without a doubt the best game ever made (my opinion).

+ humad01 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

i already got the game so can people like me see a cheap bundle of all that DLC content?

please? :(

+ ProjectInfiniti on September 28th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

needs a larger pic to see each reward in detail :(

+ KillerStefan15 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Any chance to see a bundle of all Uncharted 2 DLC with a discount?

+ TomHoang on September 28th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

Finally a Game of the Year Edition for a game that was actually Game of the Year.

PAGE 1 2 3 4