Street Fighter V

Sep 28

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition coming October 12th

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Arne Meyer on Sep 28, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a whole year since UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves was released! Since then we’ve sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide of UNCHARTED 2, hosted more than 125 million online multiplayer matches and won more Game of the Year Awards than we know what do with.

Not exactly a bad problem to have.

To commemorate UNCHARTED 2 as the definitive Game of the Year in 2009, we’re proud to reveal the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition!

UNCHARTED 2: Game of the Year edition

On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:

Sparing me the need to bust out a calculator, I’m told the total value of all the content we’re including in our Game of the Year Edition comes in at more than $35.00 if you purchased it all separately — and some of the content isn’t even available for purchase separately, so the bonus just got even better.

Releasing our Game of the Year Edition in the same week as our one-year anniversary of release is not without benefits – we have set aside Saturday, October 16, 2010, as the date to join us online for some awesome anniversary festivities!

We’ll be running a special one-day only playlist which compiles a “Best of…” selection of gametypes we’ve chosen from previous episodes of “The Lab.” We’ll also have plenty of Dogs online nearly all day in that playlist to play against. But that’s not all – we’re not ready to reveal everything yet, so please check back on in the next few weeks. We’ll be posting more details on all the awesomeness we have in store for our fans!

And last but not least, head on over here to check out the IGN exclusive interview with our very own Evan Wells and Justin Richmond for an inside look at how they are feeling a year since launch, multiplayer stats, accolades, and more!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ neostardust on September 28th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

This is pretty awesome even tho I own the normal game and more the half of the DLC, this is still pretty awesome.

+ pitythefool852 on September 28th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

I’ve been a gamer since Pacman, and Uncharted 2 is one of the best games that I have ever played… especially the single player, which is so cinematic and well made.

I hope now that there’s this Game of the Year Edition that we’ll get more people playing the DLC. I still sometimes find it hard to get into certain multiplayer game modes, especially ranked games and some DLC modes.

Naughty… is there any chance that you could just default multiplayer games to “no preference” unless specified, so that we can get a good mix of DLC and non DLC games?

Also, any chance of a game mode that doesn’t have boosters… well, namely Situational Awareness, but a general booster-free game mode would be nice. I just think that SA kinda messes up the dynamics of the game at times. Just a thought on an otherwise amazing game.

+ tosun01 on September 28th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

I have a friend in Europe, and he asked if this GotY edition will be released there!
He also asked if the US version voucher can be redeemed on an EU region account!?

+ Shinra_Soilder on September 28th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

A Game of the Year Edition?!
Thanks Naughty Dog! ^_^
Now I can convince my friend to buy this game though he’ll have the golden guns….in other news: I’ll definitely stop by on October 16 to join in on the fun. No power weapons was great! I hope Plunder w/Pistols makes it. Never got to try it. Keep up the hard work!

+ martinus81 on September 28th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

The Game of the Year Edition of the game should includes the DLC content on the disc and not via a separate voucher.

+ MarinoBrea on September 28th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Question for Arne Meyer:

Does this GOTY edition include all the latest software patches? I would assume it does. I know for experience it’s quite a hassle to (try to) jump into the MP part of the game only to be greeted by a enthusiasm-killer long download and then even more waiting for the game to sync…Newcomers to the game shouldn’t have to experience that, and you guys should have a workaround for that problem for Uncharted 3’s multiplayer. Your game is as perfect as any I’ve seen or played, but you need to iron out some of those details for future titles.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

No — the version of Uncharted 2 on the disc is the same as the original retail version — none of the DLC or Title Updates are included on the disc — as I’d mentioned before, we looked into including this type of stuff on the disc and it wasn’t possible to pull off.

+ LightAce on September 28th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Uncharted 3 please!!

+ pitythefool852 on September 28th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Hey again Naughty

For the GotY buyers, will DLC and original multiplayer levels be separate options, or will they be grouped together?

Also, will any new DLC be released soon?

+ againes on September 28th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

The best game ever made! Way better than Call of Duty.

+ WILLDWILL-BR on September 28th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

Are there Portuguese audio/audio subtitles available in region 1 (NTSC USA) copies? I’m a Brazilian possible buyer.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

No, the current region 1 copies of Uncharted 2 only include English, French and Spanish audio, text and subtitles.

+ PushinNshovinMe on September 28th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

MOVE support?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

There is no support for PS MOVE in this Game of the Year Edition — only what’s listed in the blog post above.

+ B-RadGfromOV on September 28th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

That’s kinda doodoo of you guys. I buy the game the day it comes out for full price, and then everyone else gets it for 10 bucks off and $35 in free DLC? I didn’t get any of that and bought it full price!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Value-packed releases and price waterfalls (meaning things like Greatest Hits releases) are pretty standard and long established in the gaming industry. We’re not doing anything radical or new here — however we do have to find ways to sweeten the deal over time to attract new players to our games and these ways are effective at doing so. The positive side is that you’ve had a year head start (on MP cash, levels, skill, Trophies, etc.) on everyone else joining in at this point.

+ againes on September 28th, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

Is there a separate code card for the golden guns? I already purchased everything else.

+ xxnike629xx on September 28th, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

I have the original, but never found the time nor had the money to buy the second.

Looks like I might get this version instead.

+ xxnike629xx on September 28th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

…and the new cover art is nice.

+ xxnike629xx on September 28th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

really glad that GREATEST HITS isn’t slapped on the cover..

I absolutely hate game covers with the GREATEST HITS logo on it and i avoid it like the

+ T-Jani on September 28th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Do you guys think you can add a game status update on the xmb like Modern warfare 2 that tells you what mode your friends are playing, Super Street fighter 4 done it with a patch so i was thinking maybe Uncharted 2 could do it aswell. thanks

+ AceBeeDee on September 28th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

so, it does all fit on the disc…

+ letherclad on September 28th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

That’s a pretty sweet deal, now release a collector’s edition of it so people who didn’t win the collector’s edition last year can get a Phurba dagger replica and I’m sold :)

+ pickupdoctor on September 28th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Naughty Dog, I you guys ROCK, this game was Spectacular, I also loved first Uncharted and I can’t wait, just can’t wait to see what you are hiding up your sleeve. I know it’s Uncharted 3, but I just don’t know how SUPERB it’s gonna be, cause it will be.

I got all my friends hooked on this game, as well as Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Will be checking daily. I am going through single campaign 2nd time around and have only 1 chapter to go.

And October 16th I will fire up multilayer and kick some ass. Once again thank you for creating such an amazing game.

+ Sarno1605 on September 28th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Thanks Arne! I really would like a copy of that picture. I was told at the event they would post it on the blog, but it never was. I just want to post it to my FaceBook to brag to my friends that I won the tournament. Thanks again!

+ OctoberFire87 on September 28th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

I totally agree. If this keeps happening, what is even the point of buying it when it comes out? We should all just wait a year for a better edition to come along with the freebies.

+ judalation on September 28th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

PULLLLLLLEAZZZZZZ!!!! Game of the YEAR? Try game of the CENTURY!!!

+ jadjohnny on September 28th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

Look like I’m giving my original game to my bro and I’m so getting this one for me. Now, that there 2 Ps3 at grandma home :)

+ NahDoot on September 28th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

So this doesn’t include the Sidekick skin pack?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

The GOTY Edition release does not include the Uncharted 2 Sidekick Skin Pack or the PS3 Dynamic Theme.

+ NahDoot on September 28th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

I’d also still love to have a LAN patch for this game, or at the very least consider adding LAN to Uncharted 3 while it’s in development.

+ HunodrsinSCE on September 28th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

I love Uncharted. NaughtyDog is the best of the best!

+ Got2bemad2behere on September 28th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

Really happy for you guys but for us who supported you all the way you could show us some love. For example I own every piece of that DLC but didn’t buy the limited edition. So I suggest you give the golden guns for free to the people who have been supporting you trough all the way or at least make them available for purchase in the PSN store. This is all I’m asking.

+ SolidPlisken on September 28th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

WOW, THATS SOME CRAZY STUFF FOR $50. considering that i didn’t but U2 yet, i might actually get it now

+ atone1382 on September 28th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

This game is one of my all time favorites. Anyone who has yet to ride this train( pun definitely intended) should not hesitate to pick this up.

+ ruleterren on September 28th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Sweet! I was going to buy Uncharted 2 now after finishing Uncharted 1 on normal, but this makes me want it a lot more. Great job and a game that actually has the right to put “Game of The Year” on it as many other games have a edition the same, but wasn’t game of the year.

+ Kevjak19 on September 28th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

i really loved this game and i would really like the Naughty Dog team to bring back Jak and Daxter on PS3….if you noticed the story isn’t over at the end of Jak X

+ ffxxcecil on September 28th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

Would you consider offering a “super voucher” to be sold separately for those who already have the game?

+ thewindowsguy on September 28th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Do you think they’ll bring down the price to encourage more people to buy it or is it going to stay pricey. I’m still waiting for it to go down in price.

+ Barnolde on September 28th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

A quote from Fox News? Of ALL the media publications you had to pick THAT one? :p

+ Leivra on September 28th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

It’s been four months since I bought PS3, but I didn’t bought Uncharted 2 because I always had feeling that a GOTY edition where all the DLCs included will be available. And the time has finally come. Thank you very much NaughtyDog Devs. You deserve all the glory for this great game.

I have a question: Will this come to Europe?
I don’t mind to import it but if it comes to EU, I’ll wait since it’ll save me from the shipping cost. And thanks again.

+ Sneeky_Sam on September 28th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

ok, Arne Meyer while you answering some answers, can you explain to me, why is uncharted 2 unplayable for a few players, and for me especially. i bought skins and maps and when i get online to play it tends to freeze my player until i get killed. its very annoying which was the main reason why i never played the game since; i still have it because its a awesome game but its just collecting dust…. shame =(

+ angelspawn77 on September 28th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

Absolutely awesome! Too bad I already have this amazing game though(since day 1 :D). I would have loved the GotY edition, either way congrats on an awesome game! I see what you guys did thar, you guys are releasing the game exactly a year later again. I will definitely be on with all the special playlists and here’s hoping Uncharted 3 comes out soon and raises the bar once again.

+ Vabor on September 28th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

There never was a more deserving game. Congrats ND! I’d buy this again if I hadn’t downloaded most of the content already. :)

+ angelspawn77 on September 28th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Oh and one more thing, cant wait for the new Uncharted dlc! Hope its a mini campaign or at least 1 or 2 more co-op missions!

+ EggySong85 on September 28th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

Suddenly that golden gun pre-order bonus I received doesn’t feel so special… But not really a big deal, this game is awesome enough that I can’t really hate on it…

+ taehyunnie on September 28th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

Thats great to hear, I’m sure with Batman, Fallout 3, and Borderlands having their own GOTY editions, it was inevitable to have Uncharted 2 with its own GOTY. I really want to try out siege mode, but people i know didnt play U2, hopefully they’ll buy this. Actually I just want the Fortune Hunter edition ;)

+ nickjd331 on September 28th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

One of the best games I have ever played. 3.8 million seems not too bad for a PS3 exclusive, however of course you deserve a lot more, hopefully this edition will help with that.

I can’t wait for some of this new content I have been hearing about, or third instalment…

+ Mosh_Pit on September 28th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Very nice to show off all these awards you won but now make new maps and new boosters.

+ Lethal_Doze on September 28th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

I am going to give my copy to local child care center (yep, they have ps3’s there) and get GOTY :) This cover is so awesome.

+ Einhander138 on September 28th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

The entire *point* of a GOTY edition is to put all the DLC content *ON THE DISC*.

You guys totally dropped the ball on this, ND.

No sale.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

We were originally trying to do to put everything on the Blu-ray but it turned out that wouldn’t be possible due to some technical reasons.

+ SolidPlisken on September 28th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

just wondering, are you guys gonna have it in 3D by then….. because that would just be the icing on the cake

+ maturtle on September 28th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

someone please can tell me where i can pre order this game I live in chile and i want it now please tell me

+ jqtaxpayer on September 28th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

So it’s the same game but with a voucher inside? Really? You couldn’t just put the content on the disc?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

So answer to #136 above — we tried!

+ NotoriousGamer on September 28th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

which games are in the top 10 best selling ps3 games? where are the numbers and where does Unch 2 AT fall?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on September 28th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

I don’t have specific numbers, it’s a pretty solid estimate based on all the various figures reported by the various publishers and developers (press releases, financial statements, announcements, etc.). As such, it wouldn’t take too much for some games to swap places on an ordered list.

Digging through some internet searches some more, pretty certain we’re actually the third best-selling first-party game on the platform. Still happy about it!

PAGE 1 2 3 4