No Man's Sky

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition coming October 12th

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Sep 28, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a whole year since UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves was released! Since then we’ve sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide of UNCHARTED 2, hosted more than 125 million online multiplayer matches and won more Game of the Year Awards than we know what do with.

Not exactly a bad problem to have.

UNCHARTED 2

To commemorate UNCHARTED 2 as the definitive Game of the Year in 2009, we’re proud to reveal the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition!

UNCHARTED 2: Game of the Year edition

On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:

Sparing me the need to bust out a calculator, I’m told the total value of all the content we’re including in our Game of the Year Edition comes in at more than $35.00 if you purchased it all separately — and some of the content isn’t even available for purchase separately, so the bonus just got even better.

Releasing our Game of the Year Edition in the same week as our one-year anniversary of release is not without benefits – we have set aside Saturday, October 16, 2010, as the date to join us online for some awesome anniversary festivities!

We’ll be running a special one-day only playlist which compiles a “Best of…” selection of gametypes we’ve chosen from previous episodes of “The Lab.” We’ll also have plenty of Dogs online nearly all day in that playlist to play against. But that’s not all – we’re not ready to reveal everything yet, so please check back on NaughtyDog.com in the next few weeks. We’ll be posting more details on all the awesomeness we have in store for our fans!

And last but not least, head on over here to check out the IGN exclusive interview with our very own Evan Wells and Justin Richmond for an inside look at how they are feeling a year since launch, multiplayer stats, accolades, and more!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ KILLZONE79 on September 28th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Awesome job naughty dog on uncharted 2, as i own that game its awesome, gmeplay, storyline, graphics just blown away!

Thats awesome its finally getting a game of the year edition cause it deserves it :)

+ Burnboy24 on September 28th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

@102: its called supply and demand.

+ ale_dredd on September 28th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

I have most if not all of the DLC for uncharted 2 and I have had the game for a long time I was playing it almost everyday until my ps3 got the yellow light of death a day before the Siege Expansion Pack came out but to the point why not make the golden guns available to everyone by putting it up for grabs on the playstation network store for those who have the game already

+ ChathamBen on September 28th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

Wow, such an amazing game and now it’s hitting store shelves with all of it’s DLC… for $49.99!?!?!? That’s awesome! My suggestion to anyone who still doesn’t own this game, buy-this-bundle! As Gametrailers.com said in their review of Uncharted 2 “if you own a Playstation 3, you need to own this game”. Hard to believe the game’s already a year old.
Congratulations ND on both Uncharted 1 and 2, I love both games and I’m currently on my way to beating Drake’s Fortune on normal. You guys are amazing, thank you so much for all your hard work at your studios. Maybe I’ll see one of your dogs online? :)

+ DOOMkillz on September 28th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

Nice to see that Uncharted 2 still going strong. hope to see more new players, and challengers. good work on all the DLC content that is being added. my younger brother is definitely going to buy this game for sure now. Any way MORE people can have the golden guns? maybe even on the next DLC release???

+ LordRaymond on September 28th, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

Yay for GOTY Uncharted 2. Definately getting.

+ SUPERGAMER247 on September 28th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

congrats on making awesome box art better also just sayin this goty edition has been listed on frys.com with an october 12 release date for a while now ( at least 2 weeks)

+ PunchoThaBoss on September 28th, 2010 at 9:00 pm said:

3.8 million is great! Especially today when the industry is running into the ground by FPS. Good job Naughty Dog love Uncharted 1 and 2.You guys are truly industry leaders i n game development.Look forward to future projects for you guys.

+ PcFish on September 28th, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

Aww. No more random messages asking how I got my golden guns. Oh well fun while it lasted.

Unch2 is the only online game I can play and enjoy. It’s stopped me from getting platinum in other games solely because it is so addicting and fun.

+ Spacerac on September 28th, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

I’m pumped, I only just got a PS3 and just Platinum’d Drake’s Fortune last weekend. To date I’ve got every ND PS product from Crash to Jak (except Uncharted 2). Heck, Crash Bandicoot 2 is special because it was my very first video game. Thanks for all the great gaming years, guys.

+ sirjafar on September 28th, 2010 at 10:24 pm said:

lol the comment on the cover is from Fox News… Not the best source.

+ GRG89 on September 29th, 2010 at 12:00 am said:

Is there anyway I can download this New Uncharted 2 cover? Looks Sic compared to the original UC2 cover…

+ t67749 on September 29th, 2010 at 3:22 am said:

Hey Arne, What are the two first party games that are ahead of you? Congratulations about the success and with the GOTY edition you should easily be the highest selling exclusive on the platform. :D

+ t67749 on September 29th, 2010 at 3:24 am said:

Can you provide updated sales on the first Uncharted Arne? You guys deserve all the success you get.

+ DDavidian on September 29th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

I’m getting this.

+ PagingDrUgly on September 29th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Congrats on the best game I’ve played in recent memory. None of this Plants vs. Zombies game of the year edition nonsense, UC2 was the real deal. Eagerly awaiting any future DLC (even ModNation, ha)

+ dsatkins59 on September 29th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

I already have Uncharted 2 but you can bet I’ll give it away or something to get the GOTY Edition. Naughty Dog, you have once again exceeded my expectations in gaming. All I have to say is great job and keep it up! :)

+ jacob-813 on September 29th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

What do the people get that currently own U2? I mean like people who don’t buy the awesome game get rewarded but people who r awesome enough to buy it don’t? I think you should give us something. I wouldn’t mind buying the game again but I only will if the game data carries over. I wouldn’t like to to spend my money on it if I have to redo all my sp stuff. All I want is the promo code and maybe the alternate cover art. So I hope I can get an answer on some of this. Anyway, great game and congrats on the 3.8 million sells.

+ dsatkins59 on September 29th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

@jacob-813// When you get the GOTY edition its the same exact uncharted 2 u just get the codes for the cool stuff. all ur trophies and data arre still there the only difference is that now u will have more stuff and wats better than that! :)

+ RachetClank5734 on September 29th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

I’m glad I waited to get it

+ CapinChronic on September 29th, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

I’m a RLS member and I just won all of the bonus DLC content that comes with the GOTY edition :D

+ BalramRules on September 30th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

only if i bought da game 3 months later!
DAMM IT!
oh well, dat platinum trophy waz worth it =D

+ Spacerac on September 30th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

“Just one question; I’m planning on getting another PS3 system; do I have to use the voucher right away once I buy this game?”

anybody know the answer to this? I’ve only just upgraded from PS2 to 3 this year and so I don’t know much of all this newfangled DLC stuff. Unfortunately the power button doesn’t work right so I have to take it back while it’s in warranty. So can I sit on the voucher until I get the new system or do vouchers come with an expiration date or anything like that?

+ Emp_Galvatron on September 30th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

@173

Any DLC use purchase/activate etc. can be redownloaded on up to 5 different PS3 systems. Deactivate your current system before you exchange it though.

+ DION3TO on September 30th, 2010 at 6:09 pm said:

I already have the stabdard version. But I totally feel like buying this massive upgraded version with all that bonus content.

Awesome!

ps: Any news about Uncharetd 3? C’mon..everybody wanna know about it, Sony ;p

+ dsatkins59 on September 30th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

@DION3TO- yes ive heard uncharted 3 is a go. noland north aka nathan drake said there was gonna be a third.

+ xXDHXx on October 1st, 2010 at 8:44 pm said:

Hey NDog’s i have heared that that Uncharted 2 special edition is coming out but i have a question. I already bought some all the skins and Dlc but can u put more thing on it i know know what but some people have golden guns and the skins or something else or some people say it’s a rip off answer me
GO UNCHARTED 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ nzcityfan on October 1st, 2010 at 9:34 pm said:

Just wondering, there have been a couple of comments on here about different Countries that the Game of the Year edition is coming too… I live in New Zealand, and am wondering if the edition will come to NZ and AUS? Praying it will. Also, what about the UK and Europe???

+ SINGONEKO on October 3rd, 2010 at 3:40 am said:

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition
&LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition

Please thank you launched in Japan!

+ memberop on October 12th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

NOOOOO!

Won’t be able to face-off against Naughty Dog staff. Going to be busy on the 16th.

+ Sarno1605 on October 14th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Wow it’s the 14th now and it’s still not in stores? Big let down ND not the first time you let me down either! Don’t post a date when it’s not even TRUE! Now their saying won’t be able to get it till the 20th! EPIC FAILURE Naught Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Ghost-_-island on October 21st, 2010 at 11:00 am said: