PS4 - Destiny

All the Options: Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition Unboxed

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 22, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

It may not come with “rack-and-peanut steering” like the Homer car, but Gran Turismo 5’s Collector’s Edition is still an object of admiration for any car lover. Jeff and I got our grubby paws on the first in-house box and have defiled its pristine shrink wrap for your viewing pleasure in the video above. Love that new-car smell!

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3

What does your $99.99 get you? Read on for the full contents. Not enough detail for you? Head over to GranTurismo.com for even more specifics and images.

Gran Turismo 5

• Collectible Diecast Car: Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho.

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec VGran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V

• Exclusive “Apex” Car Guide: 300 pages of advanced GT5 driving techniques, a crash course in modern automotive history, track reference material and much more straight from experts at Polyphony Digital.

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Apex Car Guidegt5_caGran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Apex Car Guiderindex-0821-v1-sw 4a

• Five exclusive DLC cars: Special “Chrome Line” editions of the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, BMW M3 Coupe, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe, and Shelby Cobra 427. You may commence drooling.

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Shelby Cobra 427Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: BMW M3 Coupe

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro

• Custom-etched Gran Turismo key chain: A man can’t live on his PS3 alone, so your friends at Polyphony Digital have arranged for a little keepsake memento of your GT5 conquests.

GT5 Collector's Edition Unboxing

• Numbered certificate of authenticity: Hang it on your bedroom wall and impress your friends, or stash it under your bed amongst the cobwebs — the choice is yours!

Phew! That covers the GT5 Collector’s Edition, launching Wednesday, November 24th for $99.99. Only one question remains — what version are you going to get? Are you going deluxe or sticking to the standard edition? Let us know in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ unspacy on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

hope im 1st but awesome i preordered mine getting tomorrow

+ MGO_Count on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

I want this D:

+ TrueFFVIIFan on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

That is awesome packaging! Will we see those five free cars on PSN Store soon? Or it will be exclusively only to Collector’s Edition?

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

AFAIK, exclusive to the Collector’s Edition. Gotta catch ‘em all! ;-)

+ Cobra1 on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

Nice job on the video guys! I can’t wait to get my mits on my copies!!

+ Chuckbait on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Custom Soundtracks in GT5?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

There’s even a Trophy for using it!

+ dreu81 on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

oh man i’ve been so busy being broke and paying bills that i completely forgot about this game until late last week. Finally.

+ epicscreename on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

I was thinking about it, but I don’t really have the money to spare. Just gonna rock the standard edition.

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

…not that there’s anything wrong with that! ^__^

+ Craazy on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

While I was fully on board with the Deluxe….my wife was not. So in a tight money situation she was only willing to allow for the Standard. Which honestly was OK because I still get the game and thats what really mattered!

+ xuipid on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

wow that diecast car looks tiny. Doesn’t look worth $100 to me but to each their own I guess.

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Those Kyosho cars go for $40-50 a pop online, they’re high-end. Look it up if you don’t believe me!

+ dreu81 on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

no way can i afford this right now. i’ll be rockin the standard edition too eventually. i’ll be sure to give them some time to patch or update a bit first.

+ Asane on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

Nice hopefully I can get my CE midnight tomorrow.

+ KingDubin on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

Pre-Ordered the Collector’s Edition two days after it was announced!

BTW, will the “Stealth” Cars that wasn’t offered as Pre-Order Bonuses in the US will be avilable for DLC ala GTPSP?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

I don’t know about down the line, but not at launch. If you want em, get that preorder in!

+ Joe03oy on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

I pre-order both version. Hopefully, I’ll received it on Nov 24th. Can we buy those pre-order bonus car in PSN?

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Nope — they’re exclusive forevermore to the C.E.

+ Zezzler on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Nice chaos theatre shirt you have there :P

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

You know you’ll be selling these “exclusive” DLC cars on the PSN a few months from now for 1.99 XD I know that little book and keychair are hardly worth the extra 40 bucks… but I’m still getting it.. dang you PD! Stop taking my monies!!

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Not true, actually — just confirmed internally that the DLC cars will be exclusive forevermore to the C.E.

+ Blkant on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

It’s a shame we don’t get the signature edition…

+ D-Squad3 on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

This is great for GT fans, too bad I’m not one of them.

+ TomHoang on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

Really annoying blue light in that unboxing video.

+ bgardner on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

nice hope those five cars NEVER make on the psn store so people who unfortunate to get the gt5:ce miss out big time ok O_O

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

That’s what I’m hearing!

+ GUNBEHINDTHESUN on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

I will only be buying the standard edition of GT5. I do like that book though. I wonder if there is any chance for a digital version of that book to be available from the PlayStation Store?

+ D-Squad3 on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Hopefully you guys will also do an unboxing video of the LBP 2 CE and KZ3 Helghast Edition.

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

You can bet on it ^__^

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

great idea!

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Helghast Edition. Done. I’ll shoot it with a RED neon light!

+ D-Roca on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

will I be able to transfer my cars from Gran Turimo 5: Prologue and Gran Turismo PSP?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

You can bring the GT PSP cars into the Arcade Mode of GT5.

+ Butters360 on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Definitely going for the Collector’s Edition. Polyphony Digital has more than earned my $100. This is going to be my first Gran Turismo!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

wewt! Way to start off big, hope you enjoy.

+ EeyoreHarris on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

Can’t wait I’ve had it ordered for what seems like forever and think it’s totally worth the extra cash.. wife doesn’t but I do.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

Wives! Am I right?

+ SippiHUN on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Nice one… however the EU version without the car, and key chain, costs the same. I hope Sony is just joking.

+ Ebolaboi on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Dang! I though the die cast car was going to be bigger. Dunno about the CE now.
:\

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

It’s extremely detailed though. I purposely shot it like an actual car commercial to complete the illusion. =D

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

Also, those Kyosho cars go for $40-50 online so the C.E. bundle isn’t a bad deal at all.

+ footballrule on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Dear PS Blog,

Do you know if the game will give Playstation Home rewards for maybe getting specific trophies?

Thanks in advance!

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

No word on this, but I know you can get free GT5 racing suits in Home for a limited time — check out the Central Plaza and Theater.

+ SmooshyKing on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Can’t wait for the reviews to roll in, although I’m a bit nervous after reading some of the comments I’m seeing posted on various sites.

It sounds like they spent a ton of time tweaking stuff that 95% of people won’t notice, and ignored the stuff that 95% of people will notice (like damage).

+ gibration on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Nice Gideon shirt there Jeff.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Comic-con FTW!

+ KineticArtist on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

when GT5 Prologue came out soooo many months ago we were stoked we loved the game and when we found out that GT 5 was coming “soon” we got even more excited.

Dont get me wrong WE LOVE THIS GAME but a $40 dollar difference for the collectors edition vs the standard edition that really doesnt offer up that much? a diecast car thats tiny, 5 DLC cars you can get later and a keychain IMHO makes the collector edition a joke and we will be getting the standard edition on tuesday cmon Kazanori and Sony and polyphony digital we are still in a RECESSION give us a break

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback. But don’t forget about the 300-page book from the Polyphonal Digital guys — it’s a great coffee table book and is my personal favorite item in the set.

+ Kirkpad on November 22nd, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

So Jeff, how is it?

+ bri0654 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

I preordered this WAY back in July.
November 24 cant come soon enough

+ AFC_ZMan on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

i’m trading in 5 games, some under 3 months old to get the collector edition. i learned how to drive with this series. definitely worth it.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

So since nobody else since the first announcement many many months ago have said this; Can I have a FREE Collectors Edition? I’m all the way out here, been on the blog since day one and have never won any of the contests. I would play it for hours and hours on end and live stream it on ustream or justn.tv. Hook Me up Jeff or Sid, puhleeeeaaaasssse….

+ KingDubin on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

While you two guys are on here hopefully you can answer this question once and for all:

Is the YouTube Replay Uploading Feature still in the game?

+ BlueShadow17 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Already pre-ordered CE but was disappointed at the size of the car model. I knew the game would be good since I’ve played the others so the delays didn’t matter to me. I just hope that Polyphony/Sony keeps giving us more content to add to what should be the best racing game of all-time.

+ Sid Shuman on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

We wanted to include a full-sized, fully functional car but the box wasn’t big enough :-)

+ polo155 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

i so cant wait, mine has been preorderd since it was available, I had bought the older “The Cars of Gran Turismo” 2002 Book to read in the mean time while waiting for this with its reading material.. i havent even opened up my OPM out its nice wrapping for this month lol.. i stay on the GT PSP for i fell its more like this game then GT5 Prologue with its newer physics.. hope my money transfers overjust like the cars do!!

+ Rhez on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Not a big car fan but this game looks spectacular. I’ll probably end up picking it up at some time in the near future.

+ tzimakos on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Excellent! I am picking up my CE on wednesday; pre ordered months ago and it is (almost) finally here!

Cock-pit – check
Wheel – check
5.1 Surround sound – check
1080p LCD – check

+ KingDubin on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Oh, and another question:

In a YouTube Gameplay video from TaxiGamer’s Live Stream, I heard Scorpions’ “The Sails Of Charon”. is that song from the actual NA-NTSC Soundtrack? Because if it is, I want to give Chuck Doud and all the Music team some Dap AND two fist bumps for putting in some Awesome (read: Uli Jon Roth; He wrote the song) Heavy Metal Music!

And also, are we going to be able to mix songs from the original Sony soundtrack with our tunes?

Thanks!

+ PagingDrUgly on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

OH WOW… that apex car guide sold me on this one!

Since the CE cars are exclusive, when do we start seeing some DLC? additional premium cars? tracks? etc.

+ xtremekid77 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Could we still pre-order this amazing editon?

+ Knight613 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Should be getting my copy tomorrow from the Subway contest. Can’t wait to finally play it!

+ PuppetShoJustice on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

Your Gideon shirt reminded me of the fact that the Scott Pilgrim DLC trophies still absolutely refuse to sync.

At least the Crazy Taxi ones were fixed.

+ AAAChampions on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

any chance of getting that apex book elsewhere besides the ce?

+ Carl-G on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

I can’t wait :P (just the normal version for me tho)

+ CASTERTROY on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

There is 10 people on friends list playing gran turismo, why can’t you guys just sell game tomorrow… Store are breaking street date…

+ Yoinazek on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

I only want the guide. Someone add me to the PSN and sell it to me through eBay.

+ Fenris15 on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Ok, if nothing else, this game (oh frakit, SERIES!) is why I stick to the Playstation lineup. I don’t even have a PS3, but I Will Be Buying This Game! Yes, if I have to order the Deluxe box I will!

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 22nd, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

That’s kinda cool if the chrome line cars are actually exclusive! Thanks for the info Jeff! Now I don’t feel so bad about spending 100 bucks on this… >_> ok now that I said that I think I do.. just a bit though, Kaz! I’m sure it will be worth it!! XD

PAGE 1 2 3