It may not come with “rack-and-peanut steering” like the Homer car, but Gran Turismo 5’s Collector’s Edition is still an object of admiration for any car lover. Jeff and I got our grubby paws on the first in-house box and have defiled its pristine shrink wrap for your viewing pleasure in the video above. Love that new-car smell!
What does your $99.99 get you? Read on for the full contents. Not enough detail for you? Head over to GranTurismo.com for even more specifics and images.
- Gran Turismo 5 on Blu-ray: 1000+ cars, a wealth of tracks, new Course Maker, stereoscopic 3D, kart racing, and more features than we could possibly list here. Seriously — this game is huge.
- Collectible Diecast Car: Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho.
- Exclusive “Apex” Car Guide: 300 pages of advanced GT5 driving techniques, a crash course in modern automotive history, track reference material and much more straight from experts at Polyphony Digital.
- Five exclusive DLC cars: Special “Chrome Line” editions of the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, BMW M3 Coupe, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe, and Shelby Cobra 427. You may commence drooling.
- Custom-etched Gran Turismo key chain: A man can’t live on his PS3 alone, so your friends at Polyphony Digital have arranged for a little keepsake memento of your GT5 conquests.
- Numbered certificate of authenticity: Hang it on your bedroom wall and impress your friends, or stash it under your bed amongst the cobwebs — the choice is yours!
Phew! That covers the GT5 Collector’s Edition, launching Wednesday, November 24th for $99.99. Only one question remains — what version are you going to get? Are you going deluxe or sticking to the standard edition? Let us know in the comments!