Ratchet & Clank PS4

Jan 14

Killzone 3 Gone Gold, Kicks Your Face in February 22nd!

Mike Graham's Avatar Posted by Mike Graham on Jan 14, 2011 // Producer, International Software Development

You’ve waited patiently for 2 years, but now the time has come to return to Helghan along with Sev, Rico, Narville and the rest of the surviving ISA. Killzone 3 has officially gone gold, and will be coming to stores on February 22nd, 2011.

Picking up right where Killzone 2 left off, you return to the role of ISA Sgt. “Sev” Sevchenko. Beaten, bloody but not broken you and your fellow ISA veterans find yourself outnumbered and isolated following the events of Killzone 2. New enemies, new environments and new threats wait for you as the story for survival unfolds.

Add in 3D support including online, split-screen co-op campaign, and full PlayStation Move support including the new sharp shooter peripheral and it’s more to do than you can shake a stick at.

We’ve got two flavors of Killzone 3 for you on Feb 22nd. The standard edition and the hardcore Helghast Edition. The Helghast Edition includes the uber-cool Cloaking Helghast Marksman figure and the Helghast Helmet replica. It’s also replete with a super voucher including access to the Killzone 3 Soundtrack, dynamic theme, Retro Map Pack, and the whole slew of pre-order unlocks.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

Speaking of pre-order unlocks, check them out in detail below, and find us online on February 22nd!

Looking forward to the mayhem and slaughter online, see you on 02.22.11 and while you wait, make sure to check out the awesomeness of the Killzone 3 Justice trailer again!

Pre-order Killzone 3 at one of the following participating retailers for an added bonus!

GameStop – Guerrilla Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a GameStop Exclusive PSN code unlocking all multiplayer weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Best Buy – Fast Starter Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a BestBuy Exclusive PSN code allowing you to rank up faster, as you earn experience points at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Amazon.com – Unlock and Load Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an Amazon.com Exclusive PSN code and get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice and get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

All other participating retailers – Retro Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an exclusive PSN code giving you the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Also receive an exclusive PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 14th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

I got 100% of the trophies on Killzone 2, finished Killzone 1 in the hardest setting and finished Killzone Liberation on the PSP, but I will pass on Killzone 3. No online co op in 2011 is borderline stupid.

+ TheViper132 on January 14th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Sony will killzone 3 have online co op not just offline in campaign

+ G00DINATOR on January 14th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

Splitscreen co-op campaign, better/smoother aiming, I’m sold, the “realistic” heavy aiming in KZ2 annoyed me, and a co-op campaign is what me and my friends need: a new 2-player game.

This is looking to be my new favourite FPS, I hope it won’t disappoint me

+ TheGuardianFID on January 14th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Got my Helghast Edition pre-ordered, I can’t wait, you rock GG!!! 8)

+ Lugoves on January 14th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

US Helghast Edition Pre-ordered for Me, and The Mrs. – Can’t wait! Is the Sharp Shooter out already?

Mike Graham's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on January 14th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Move sharp shooter will be available same day as Killzone 3.

+ JVBGFR on January 14th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

It would be great if the North American market also received the SteelBook in the Helghast Edition. A LOT of Killzone vets would truly appreciate this, especially since the European market has two chances to get this, while we don’t even get a chance. There’s still a little time (I think), so please SCEA/GG, highly consider giving the North American market the SteelBook case in the Helghast Edition.

Is there offline split-screen multi-player (not co-op)? This was the only disappointment I had with Killzone 2 since Killzone 1 had it and 2 didn’t. Whenever I had friends over, I would want to play them in Killzone 2, especially since they didn’t have a PS3 (at the time and one of them still doesn’t), but we couldn’t. You’re able to do split-screen co-op, I don’t see why it would be hard to do split-screen multi-player. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad co-op has been added (would be even greater if it could be done online as well, future update perhaps?), but offline split-screen multi-player would be even better IMO. If it’s not implemented with the release, can it please be added in a future update?

+ JVBGFR on January 14th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

@77, I agree to an extent. Yes, there should be online co-op but it’s borderline stupid to pass up such a great game as this, especially since you’ve gotten 100% trophies on Killzone 2 (I have to btw), and beat Killzone 1 and Liberation.

+ BigPoppaB on January 14th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Why would coop only be split screen?

+ BigBangBear on January 14th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Are the offers available at the Canadian retailers (bestbuy.ca, amazon.ca, gamestop.ca) too? Just checked bestbuy.ca and it does not mention the pre-order deal.

Also, great move making the 24 hrs start upon code redemption.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 14th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

Oh and the sharp shooter is also on my hit list!!! 8)

+ PshycoNinja on January 14th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

I see TJ is ignoring any comments that have anything negative to say. Like why the europeans get the steelbook case and we NA gamers don’t.

+ niked on January 14th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

Please have the story trailer in cinemas, just before the main movie. Please make outstanding TV spots whit music and emotion that catches everyones eyes. Please have GG Herman Houlst visit Jimmy Fallon show again and show the story trailer! Please do a great tv spot on super bowl. Please do this and it will sell boatloads of copies. I want it to be successful! PLEASE! I have told all of y gaming fiends at my work (about 12-14 people) and I think I have made all of them want to buy this game. I do my best to promote the game, now it is your turn SONY! Please make this happen!!!

Loyal Playstation fan

+ fsavoie on January 14th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

So how come there is no online coop? I would imagine that since there is already an online component to the game + the split screen coop that wouldnt have been much work to add it?

+ halowars7 on January 14th, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

Pre-Ordered Helghast Edition, can’t wait! GG FTW!

+ Vorlord on January 14th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

Can’t wait! Already pre-ordered mine at Gamestop! Hoorah! =D

+ MattyF on January 14th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Will we get a pre-launch demo?

+ Velzorn on January 14th, 2011 at 11:11 am said:

I have the Helghast edition pre-ordered and can’t wait for this! It would be great if people that buy the Helghast edition also got a Killzone 3/Helghast avatar and dynamic theme (please) from the Playstation Network.

+ makingmusic on January 14th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

So why don’t we get a steelbook case with the Helghast Edition like the Europeans do?

I swear, all SCEA “Collector’s Editions” don’t seem so collectible when we get a plain, normal copy of the actual game.

+ makingmusic on January 14th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

And to those complaining about the logos, at least Guerrilla Games finally get their logo on the front! They got the shaft with Killzone 2, just like Evolution Studios are getting the shaft with MotorStorm: Apocalypse. In fact, I think this is the first time since LBP where an SCEE studio is getting their proper due in an SCEA territory. Both KZ2 and MS: PR had the developers’ logos hidden somewhere on the back of the case.

As for the front, the only logo I can’t stand is the giant Move logo. The way SCEE handles it is much better.

+ Velzorn on January 14th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

What are the video outputs for the game? 1080p?

+ Carl_88_LFC on January 14th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Is there Online co-op? I know there is Offline but what about Online? Thank you

+ G-Force08 on January 14th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

Day 1 Helghast Edition purchase for me.

I cant wait. Surely to be one of, if not THE, best FPS this year. Great job GG and great year for SCE and gamers alike!

+ footballrule on January 14th, 2011 at 11:24 am said:

So can’t wait for this game! It’s gonna be one of the hottest FPS of 2011! :)

+ Velzorn on January 14th, 2011 at 11:29 am said:

Duh! Just noticed the list for the super voucher.

+ Velzorn on January 14th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

How big is the install?

What exactly is included in the Super Voucher?

Can we get a image of the back cover from both versions?

+ ckpotc on January 14th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

I’ll be getting this! I can’t decide if I should pre-order the regular version or collector’s edition or if I should just wait until they go down in price.

+ Zilas on January 14th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

While using the Sharpshooter for Killzone 3, can you set the “Jump” button to Square or Triangle?
If not, how will we be able to jump over objects while using the Sharpshooter accessory?

P.S why is the co-op offline only?

+ ajayghosal on January 14th, 2011 at 1:57 pm said:

Please PLEASE I beg u, give me the steelbook for north america, I swear I will pre order the helghast edition today itself PLEASE!!!

+ Logan22 on January 14th, 2011 at 2:07 pm said:

Now for the 24 hour deal, I hope that means that when I stop playing multi-player after 2 hours or so that it doesn’t just keep on going & then I’m screwed the next day & really only got 2 hours of the advantages/features :(

So I hope that those extra features you get from the code will track WHEN and HOW LONG you’ve been playing multiplayer, otherwise it be pretty worthless to me. It would take me several weeks just to get 24 hours of multiplayer in likely.

+ NIGHTKNIGHTNITE on January 14th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

@19 Move first since I already tired out the dual shock controls during the beta. Not to mention, i’m hearing the move controls for this are actually better then MAG’s which wasn’t that bad!

+ D-Squad3 on January 14th, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Disappointed with the box art.

+ zeroreloaded on January 14th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

will this have online coop? if not will it be included in a patch of some sort, seriously guys, if you guys add splitscreen then online is easy as scratch

+ FamedNemesis on January 14th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

Can’t wait, lookin forward to the improved controls!

+ Waleed_ on January 14th, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

The box art looks fugly it should of been the pic from the steel book case, that pic was epic.

+ Mantor77 on January 14th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

How big is the helmet ?

+ NotoriousGamer on January 14th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

i hate the damn cover art!! change it even though that is not happening.

+ Thane_of_Fife on January 14th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

I have one question, i really want someone to answer this. Will there be an option to turn off brutal melee,blood and censore the swear words, well as long as the first and last is has options cause I play in front a wide audience. I’ll really appreciate if yo answer.
– Thanks

+ valleyshrew on January 14th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Was really looking forward to purchasing Killzone 3 but now I will wait for reviews and til the price comes down, as pre-order bonuses giving a huge advantage to certain people is my most hated current gaming trend. It’s ok if it’s a few skins or something but unlocking everything? It just goes to show that Guerrilla and Sony don’t care or are ignorant about the integrity of the multiplayer experience. Leave the bonuses to single player or things like character skins that don’t disadvantage those who don’t waste their time pre-ordering.

+ Twinsftw2 on January 14th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

Im dissapointed with the fact that theres no split screen online shame.. Wouldent you get bored of split screen offline campaign? Trust me re-doing and re-doing the story is really boring..

+ excaliber45 on January 14th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

Gone good; I am so happy. I hope they do the 4 player online or online co-op period in some future firmware update (but I’m sure that has to added in the game before release). I also hope that they do what they did with Killzone: Liberation and do downloadable episodic content like they promised with Killzone 2 but never implemented. Thank you, stupid multiplayer maps.

+ excaliber45 on January 14th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

*oops I meant “gone GOLD” not good

+ BrunoDTG on January 14th, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

Many logos, unnecessary.

What is the other side of the box?!

This leaves the box too ugly.

Only on the cover, has written three times Playstation.

It looks as if the consumer is stupid.

A pain to the eyes of an adman.

+ jrivera0108 on January 14th, 2011 at 7:25 pm said:

Pre-ordered the standard edition and the sharpshooter at gamestop yesterday. Can’t wait!

+ NinjaFalcon on January 14th, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

damn wish i can afford the helghast edition. looking forward to the game though. Its gonna be amazing. everyone read about it on my blog.

+ frogdude22 on January 14th, 2011 at 9:27 pm said:

I … i do want to get kicked in the face by the awesomeness that this game sends, suck to live in a third world country, i can’t pre order! :(
Ps: No auto aim pls :D

+ Kryshalis on January 14th, 2011 at 10:09 pm said:

I was wondering the same thing. I doubt it is a full-scale helmet rplica, though.

+ cwlykh on January 14th, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

omg i really hope to get it fast! really can’t wait for 22 feb…

+ Brameriz on January 14th, 2011 at 10:38 pm said:

That’s what’s up I like wen games come out with a bonus when u preorder them thats what’s up can’t wait to play this #TeamB.O.N

+ boobinz on January 15th, 2011 at 3:28 am said:

+ Detective-E on January 15th, 2011 at 7:30 am said:

So will there be split screen online play?
Like in Resistance 2?