Bloodborne

Buy Killzone 3, Get Early Access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Jan 19, 2011 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

With only a month to go until Killzone 3 hits store shelves, we have another ace up our sleeves for our loyal PlayStation fans. Picking up a specially marked copy of Killzone 3 will grant you access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta. If you want to experience SOCOM 4’s 32-player multiplayer battles first, buying Killzone 3 is the easiest way to get access.

Killzone 3 with SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

Zipper Interactive’s Chris Roper has the details for you below:

To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions). Inside the box you’ll find a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22nd.

We’ll have more information on the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta itself in the near future. For now, take a look at the callout for the beta on the awesome Killzone 3 box art!

Pre-order your copy of Killzone 3 today at one of the following participating retailers to ensure you’ll get into the SOCOM 4 Beta, as well as tons of other great perks.

SOCOM 4 Jungle bridge

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Stalker666_ on January 19th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

i hope you won’t add that ugly dogtag on every KZ3 cover
Sony has a habit of screwing up gamecovers with PSN or Move logo’s nowadays

+ Busca-Cabezas on January 19th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

I pre-ordered last year! (=^_^=)

+ Hellman on January 19th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

Finally some socom news! WOO this is great I was planning on buying killzone 3 this makes it sweeter!

+ pitythefool852 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

I was sold already, but this is a great offer.

I’ve been looking forward to both games for months. It’ll be good for Move to get some FPS/TPS love

I hope a few more Steam games come with PC digital copies like Portal 2, that is one of the best promotions I’ve seen in years.

+ jonathan_val on January 19th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

Killzone 3 will have Online Co-op ???

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

FCKIN AWESOME! I was preordering SOCOM4 anyways. cant wait to get back into that. slant 6 killed the series with confrontation. havent played that in forever.

+ lcmnick on January 19th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Boxart needs more logos.

+ pitythefool852 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

@1 Good point

Hopefully it’s just a sticker on the case that we can easily peel off without marking the cover.

+ remanutd5 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

well i have my Helghast Edition pre ordered already , getting socom 4 also , buy Motorstorm Apocalypse get early access to Twisted Metal Multiplayer beta ( man that would be insane right there )

+ BriarPatch512 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Love it! Can’t wait!

And Roper… BEYOND!

+ remanutd5 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

so many AAA first party games coming out this year , man another good promotion would be buy Playstation Move Heroes get early access to another Hero/Villain game ( inFAMOUS 2 )

+ ElChingon2588 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Yea!!! KillZone 3 and Beta for Socom 4. 2 of my Favorite games, can’t wait. Got 2 KZ3 Preorder, 1 Collecter and 1 regular :)

+ Chessy_08 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

well I didnt know for sure if I was getting KZ3 because I didnt really like the multiplayer in the beta but ill prolly get it now

+ ATOMS11 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

I sure hope Best Buy is one of the participating retail stores! Im A tad bit burned out on Game Stop.

+ G-Force08 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

I was going to get Socom 4 regardless when it comes out. I have been a long time fan. I have a lot of the PS2 and PSP games and I even own Confrontation for the PS3 (despite people’s supposed animosity towards it). I have been waiting a while for the newest installment.

As for Killzone 3, I already have my Helghast edition waiting for me, so this is an added bonus! Awesome! Thanks guys! I hope the beta (and therefore the game release) isn’t too far off!

Keep it up SCE and all the devs supporting them like you guys over at Zipper and GG. Good stuff.

+ bcfc545 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

is this promotion only for US?
hopefully it will be in the UK aswell

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on January 19th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

This promotion is for North America. With a purchase of specially marked boxes of Killzone 3, you will gain early access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta in the U.S, Canada, and Mexico.

+ antihero-Mike on January 19th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

Not enough logos on boxart.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on January 19th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Awesome news, cant wait!

+ BEASTXJASON on January 19th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Ill have to wait until summer to get kz3. Funds are tight and theres simply to many games coming out. I cant wait to play both kz3 and socom. Think socom was the first ever online game I played back on the ps2. Dial up :)

+ naiyo on January 19th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

will the socom4 beta have move support?

+ TUSTIN1 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

As far as the logos go, reduce the bottom 4 to 1/4 of their size and eliminate that ridiculously large abomination of a move logo.

If you need to include the fact that a game is move compatible on the front box art, then simply include the move “zigzag” somewhere in the top bar where the “PS3″ is located.

+ jonathanM21 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

This is so awesome! I’m getting mine through Amazon.

+ bbonds_007 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

I am still scorn from the horrors of the Socom Confrontation beta, I do not know if I can go through another one of those alive.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on January 19th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Is this really how the Move logo going to look like?
I think Sony should use these ones http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/109/1099404/killzone-3-20100616055042869.jpg
on Dualshock/Move games
and the bubble ones on Move Exclusives.

+ Ethereal on January 19th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

Please make sure that’s a sticker. Don’t want those dogtags printed on the artwork….

+ I_OU_a-Beatn on January 19th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait. I’ve had my Helghast Edition preordered for months, so this is an awesome edition. Is Amazon one of the retailers that is participating?

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on January 19th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

will this be only online or both online and single player ? i never played socom on ps2 only on ps3 and didnt like the last one to much also is their a way ps + memembers get in?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on January 19th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

The SOCOM 4 beta is online mutliplayer only. The SOCOM team will give more information on the beta shortly.

+ M-Easy on January 19th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Already pre-ordered the special edition so this is just icing on the cake. Hey David any word on the Kizzy 3 trophy list?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on January 19th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Stay tuned!

+ CASTERTROY on January 19th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

I m confuse is beta going be in random killzone boxes or every preorder copy??? Can someone clarify please..

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on January 19th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

Everyone who pre-orders a copy of Killzone 3 in North America will receive a specially marked copy of Killzone 3 including early access to the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta.

Quantities are limited after that so pre-ordering Killzone 3 is your best bet to get early access to the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta.

+ abzdine on January 19th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

only for the US ? I’m living in Europe !!! Killzone 3 will be mine, with or without content

+ Karsghul on January 19th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Now i see Socom 4 having a beta invite for Uncharted 3!

+ LordRaoh on January 19th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Sweet, i was going to get this anyway so this is a welcomed added bonus.

Question about the pre order bonus. When you say:

Earn XP points at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay!

does that mean 24 hours from the time you log on to a multiplayer match counting down 24 hours if i’m logged on or not, or 24 hours of total play time as in 5 hours today, 4 tomorrow, 5 next week and i will still have 10 hours available to me until i’ve played for a total of 24 hours?

I’m still debating on if i want the 3 points or the 24 hour exp bonus.

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on January 19th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

It means 24 hours from when you redeem the voucher code and the clock counts down whether you’re logged on or not.

+ judalation on January 19th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

This is great news for PS3 users… I think MAG suffered alot for not having a public beta and Killzone 3 benefited alot for having one…

+ WHITE-BE-Z on January 19th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

GOOD JOB SONY & SCEA. I had to post again to show off my KZ3 new avatar : )

+ VanilaGorila-x- on January 19th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

Nice!!

Peace
VG

+ Blkant on January 19th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

When will we hear more about the KZ3’s online? I’m desperately hoping to hear that either the co-op has been given online support or that hopefully they’ll announce that there will be more than two vehicles in MP.

I guy can dream right… :(

+ musicismyradar on January 19th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

I hope those SOCOM dog tags aren’t permanently on the box art. I have this pre-ordered, and dont want any more s**t cluttered on my cover! Already have “Move”, “3D”, “PSN”, “Guerilla”, and 3 PS3 logos taking up half of the cover!

+ KingKong80 on January 19th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Fresh off the Roper Report, do do do do…

+ guitarded77 on January 19th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

DOUBLE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ toontagger on January 19th, 2011 at 10:33 am said:

AWESOME!

+ JLP_M on January 19th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

Danb!

+ FearMonkey on January 19th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

Roper Report FTW! :D

Was gonna get Killzone 3 anyway, but this is a great bonus. Thanks, guys. :)

+ mew_frenger on January 19th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

sounds like a good idea

+ Basindo on January 19th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

It says EARLY access so does that mean it will be available to the public later or we can get it some other way later? Honestly there is so many freaking games coming out I can’t handle myself. I haven’t finished games I own right now like God of War collection, have to play more Sports Champions, haven’t even started Ghost of Sparta for PSP, getting modern combat: domination this week and Infamous for the first time this week. And NOW Sony is killing me, making me preordering Kz3 cus I don’t wanna miss this beta. And I STILL have to buy UC3, Twisted Metal, and much more later this year. Now I gotta sell my old games even though I don’t want to. (Even though Black Ops I’ll be happy to sell =))

DAM you Sony for making my gaming experience so awesome, DAM YOU!!!

+ Stalker666_ on January 19th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

only for America?
what’s wrong with Europe?

+ SmooshyKing on January 19th, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

Absolutely embarrassed by fellow “gamers” complaining about logos on the cover.

Kids these days will whine about ANYTHING.

+ antihero-Mike on January 19th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

@45

Socom 4: U.S. Navy Seals

+ Stalker666_ on January 19th, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

@47
and Killzone 3 is a European game
your point being?

+ mew_frenger on January 19th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

i think he was joking.

+ MrPink78 on January 19th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

Already pre-ordered the HG edition!

PAGE 1 2 3