Horizon Zero Dawn

Jan 14

Jan 14

Killzone 3 Gone Gold, Kicks Your Face in February 22nd!

Mike Graham's Avatar Posted by Producer, International Software Development

You’ve waited patiently for 2 years, but now the time has come to return to Helghan along with Sev, Rico, Narville and the rest of the surviving ISA. Killzone 3 has officially gone gold, and will be coming to stores on February 22nd, 2011.

Killzone3packfront

Picking up right where Killzone 2 left off, you return to the role of ISA Sgt. “Sev” Sevchenko. Beaten, bloody but not broken you and your fellow ISA veterans find yourself outnumbered and isolated following the events of Killzone 2. New enemies, new environments and new threats wait for you as the story for survival unfolds.

Add in 3D support including online, split-screen co-op campaign, and full PlayStation Move support including the new sharp shooter peripheral and it’s more to do than you can shake a stick at.

We’ve got two flavors of Killzone 3 for you on Feb 22nd. The standard edition and the hardcore Helghast Edition. The Helghast Edition includes the uber-cool Cloaking Helghast Marksman figure and the Helghast Helmet replica. It’s also replete with a super voucher including access to the Killzone 3 Soundtrack, dynamic theme, Retro Map Pack, and the whole slew of pre-order unlocks.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

Speaking of pre-order unlocks, check them out in detail below, and find us online on February 22nd!

Looking forward to the mayhem and slaughter online, see you on 02.22.11 and while you wait, make sure to check out the awesomeness of the Killzone 3 Justice trailer again!

Mike

Pre-order Killzone 3 at one of the following participating retailers for an added bonus!

GameStop – Guerrilla Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a GameStop Exclusive PSN code unlocking all multiplayer weapons and abilities for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Best Buy – Fast Starter Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a BestBuy Exclusive PSN code allowing you to rank up faster, as you earn experience points at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

Amazon.com – Unlock and Load Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an Amazon.com Exclusive PSN code and get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice and get the early edge in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2.

All other participating retailers – Retro Pack
Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive an exclusive PSN code giving you the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Also receive an exclusive PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

B-RadGfromOV said:

January 14th, 6:05 am

Hooray! Congratz! I can’t wait to experience what is sure to be a masterpiece!

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 10:54 am

Thanks for the support B-Rad, KZ3 is going to be epic. Kudos to Guerrilla!

SNEED said:

January 14th, 6:07 am

Can’t wait! Hopefully midnight launch for me.

digitalman123 said:

January 14th, 6:08 am

Congrats! I’ll most likely be pickin’ this up!
Now I gotta finish KZ2…

spideyal said:

January 14th, 6:09 am

Kicks my face in? Why would you do such a thing? I want to kick the Helghast’s face in, not my own. :( I’m not even sure how I would go about doing that.

Anyhow, that’s a hurdle for another time. I’ll be pre-ordering Killzone 3 as soon as possible. After watching that epic trailer almost every night since it was released, I’m more than hyped and ready to play.

Btw, any word on what retailers specifically give the dynamic theme? I want in on that action.

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:02 am

spideyal… Personally, I like the knife to the goggles. Also, WalMart is offering the Retro Map Pack & Dynamic Theme OR you can get it as part of the Helghast Edition.

fsavoie said:

January 14th, 6:14 am

non online coop?

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:05 am

Yup, Killzone 3 has split-screen co-op offline.

Nithorias said:

January 14th, 6:16 am

I can’t be more happy for this game it looks fantastic, btw will there be a demo of Killzone 3?

Tgebbs said:

January 14th, 6:16 am

Any chance of a KZ3 bundle? My 60gig launch just YLOD’d on me and I’d love to see this happen. I figure if I start selling plasma today, I’ll be able to afford one right on schedule ;)

mastorofpuppetz said:

January 14th, 6:18 am

Another great exclusive that Sony won’t advertise.

whitwhit said:

January 14th, 6:19 am

awesome already got this pre-order the special edition that is and its well worth it.

Butters360 said:

January 14th, 6:25 am

Can. Not. Wait.

informer said:

January 14th, 6:25 am

I can’t wait to try this with the new Playstation Move Sharpshooter attachment! It would be interesting if there were an option to play multiplayer only with other people also using the Sharpshooter….

MUGEN02 said:

January 14th, 6:25 am

Online co-op, chop chop.

B-Real206 said:

January 14th, 6:26 am

CAN WE GET A FIRMWARE UPDATE SOON! 3.56 or something.

Talon224 said:

January 14th, 6:28 am

Will the US Helghast Edition have the same/similar Steelbook from overseas, or just the standard clear case?

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:24 am

Talon – Only the European Helghast Edition will have the Steelbook.

Zinacef said:

January 14th, 6:39 am

I’m trying to pre-order this from Amazon and it’s not even giving me the option of having it delivered on release date. Not sure what’s going on.

Shane_O said:

January 14th, 6:41 am

@ mstorofpuppetz – Agreed.

In my opinion, there should be a commercial for Killzone 3 during the Super Bowl.

fijski8 said:

January 14th, 6:42 am

Loved the beta. Will be getting this for sure! KZ should have a demo for everyone so they can see how awesome your game is. Look what it did for Uncharted.

B-RadGfromOV said:

January 14th, 6:49 am

I agree with those above. Someone at Sony needs to get the message and get this game some ad time on the tube.

pitythefool852 said:

January 14th, 6:51 am

Question to all:

On the first play-through… will you be using Move or DS3?

I’m really not sure yet. I know Move might take a bit of getting used to, but some of my MAG friends said they find it hard to go back to DS3 after using Move for a few weeks.

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:28 am

Move sharp shooter for me.

nbnt said:

January 14th, 6:54 am

“online, split screen co-op” confirming online co-op? or does that mean online versus mode?

abzdine said:

January 14th, 6:57 am

ohhh man!!! i bought a 3DTV for this game <3

I have a question though, regarding the PS Move gameplay. For the ones who decide to play with the KZ3 move weapon peripheral, how do we do to use the triangle and square buttons ?

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:30 am

The sharp shooter has the square & triangle buttons within reach of the trigger finger on both sides of the gun.

litobirdy said:

January 14th, 7:01 am

Yea i’d like to know to. does “online, split screen co-op campaign” mean there is online Co-op campaign. Or you just mean online play.. also split screen co-op campaign?

Hogwild333 said:

January 14th, 7:03 am

Read it again and pay attention to the comma – “Add in 3D support including online, split-screen co-op campaign”

I think it means that 3D support also works online in addition to the campaign.

trounbyfire said:

January 14th, 7:06 am

Why don’t SECA promote KZ3 this time. KZ2 advertisement was pathetic. Geears of war has more preorders in the NA than KZ3 does. [DELETED]…

com on KZ3 is sony chance at a 6 million shooter but people need to know bout it and in February no story, no brutal melee, no sci fi stuff just shooting. Make a trailer that is just shooting and have it resemble COD.

that is the crowd we you need to make KZ3 a 5+ million seller which is possible. I should work for sony but if people working there don’t see this then all hope is gone.

the reason why Halo and GEars sell so much is because Microsoft put the bucks behind those two and got the word out. I remember both ads vividly. YOU have to put some in in order to get a lot out

anzagi said:

January 14th, 7:08 am

Will we be seeing any more info about the game prior to launch? will be great to see some of the jungle enviroments

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:32 am

All I can say is… stay tuned.

F-minus said:

January 14th, 7:08 am

Way to many awesome games being released in the coming months…. Goodbye Money…
Goodbye social life…. o wait… I never had one :( aww poor me, thanks for the kick to the face :) So Excited!!!

Hogwild333 said:

January 14th, 7:09 am

They listed three features in a funny way, so I can see how people are mis-reading it as online co-op. The three items are

1. 3D support including online
2. Split screen co-op campaign
3. Move support including sharp shooter peripheral

jeepdeep said:

January 14th, 7:10 am

Pre ordered this as soon as I watched the story trailer for the first time! Glad to see split screen is there, though I was kind of disappointed it was just leaked out and not really announced. Still. Really excited to play this!

RedGiant17 said:

January 14th, 7:12 am

Is there a possibility we can get a KZ3/Sharpshooter bundle?

xeno3d said:

January 14th, 7:18 am

Early access demo please!!!!!!

remanutd5 said:

January 14th, 7:25 am

excellent, i have my LBP 2 Collector Edition pre order processed already by bestbuy.com , i have my Killzone 3 Helghast Edition pre ordered and Motorstorm Apocalypse pre ordered ( all of them at Bestbuy.com ) i still dont understand why we are getting Motorstorm Apocalypse a month after Europe other than that this is equally or even better start than last year , come on i want to play Motorstorm on march not april!!!!

TooTall19 said:

January 14th, 7:26 am

Killzone is the best FPS.

SmooshyKing said:

January 14th, 7:27 am

@26,

They didn’t list the features in a funny way. They listed them in proper English.

Sad that this Texting Generation can’t even understand properly phrased sentences anymore.

RE_Kevin_Ryman said:

January 14th, 7:31 am

The only feature that I needed to sell me on this game is the offline co-op support and since it has that, I’m getting it.

warezIbanez said:

January 14th, 7:37 am

Preordered myself a Helghast Edition.

Now, for the Retro Map Pack…

DO NOT USE RADEC ACADEMY AGAIN!! NO! I’M TIRED OF THAT MAP! I’m done with maps being mostly close quarters, and the maps on the Killzone 3 beta (as I was in it) had a bit of environmental variety to them!)

Go for Salamun Market and Southern Hills!

marlyt said:

January 14th, 7:47 am

Dear PSN,
Please put a demo on da store. I can’t take it anymore!!!!

tulaib said:

January 14th, 7:56 am

i want online co-op

DShaz93 said:

January 14th, 7:59 am

You guys should release a version that includes Move, so anyone who doesn’t have it yet (like myself) can just go and buy the bundle instead of buying them seperately

F-minus said:

January 14th, 8:06 am

HAHA, people want a a demo….. Like a Demo can just be Copy and Pasted from the game with no time involved to make a demo…

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BABIES!!!

Malbolge79 said:

January 14th, 8:16 am

they’ve got a demo prepared. the people on the tester played it for their final challenge. they should release it.

KazeEternal said:

January 14th, 8:18 am

Does the Pre-order Bonus also apply to the Helghast Edition so those of us who go all out can double up?

Sharp shooter releasing on 11-22 also?

I feel sorry for the copy of bulletstorm I ordered lol.

DaveMastrX said:

January 14th, 8:20 am

I was wondering if the 24 hour double XP voucher was only good for the first 24 hours the servers go online, or if it is the first 24 hours after you redeem the code. Can’t wait to get my hand on this!

Mike Graham's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

January 14th, 11:37 am

It’s upon redeeming the code.

KazeEternal said:

January 14th, 8:21 am

Also, ditch the move splash. It’s to intrusive. I don’t mind it on the spine, but you guys need to make something that doesn’t look so messy.

I’m also not sure how I feel about Narville’s voice being changed. I mena this was awesome and hearing the crazy Captain just made it complete.

MARLLOW-X said:

January 14th, 8:23 am

I asked this before. Any chance of a KZ3 sharpshooter bundle?

F-minus said:

January 14th, 8:34 am

@ 42…. Good question… Now i want to know too.

Is “the 24 hour double XP voucher was only good for the first 24 hours the servers go online, or if it is the first 24 hours after you redeem the code?”

DaNTi3L said:

January 14th, 8:42 am

awesome cant wait for this game

BEASTXJASON said:

January 14th, 8:46 am

I really wish I could afford the helgast edition. I havent been this excited for a game since the first time I saw the ps2 in action as a teenager. Birthdays in february, maybe the family will treat thier old man to it.

twistedfloyd said:

January 14th, 8:52 am

Looks great, and I love how the presentation is being upped this time around. The story looks amazing. Survival for Sev, and struggle for power by two Helghan leaders on the other side. Plus, KZ2’s online was one of the most innovative online shooters I’ve ever played, so can’t wait to see what happens this time around.

Looking excellent!

I_OU_a-Beatn said:

January 14th, 8:57 am

It’d be nice to have the steelbook for the US since Europe gets it.

PAGE 1 2 3