Driveclub

PlayStation Premieres at Sundance 2011

Abby Reyes's Avatar + Posted by Abby Reyes on Jan 31, 2011 // Sr. PR Specialist, Hardware

Hi Everyone! Part of my job here at PlayStation is to get out into the wild and show off our latest and greatest. Of course there are the usual events – e.g. E3, CES, GDC, Comic-con, etc.—where we often get to interact with all of you lovely readers. But every now and then we head out to more mainstream events to exhibit what’s new from PlayStation. This year, we were able to stop by the Sundance Film Festival, where some of our friends in Hollywood got to check out the PlayStation Green Room at Silver.

A general view of atmosphere at the PlayStation Green Room at Silver on January 21, 2011 in Park City, Utah.

As most of you know, the Sundance Film Festival is the premiere showcase for independent films. At the PlayStation Green Room, Sundance attendees were able to get their hands on AAA titles such as Killzone 3, inFAMOUS 2, and MLB 11: The Show, to name a few. We had a number of your favorite stars come by and found some unlikely fanboys/girls among them. Terrence Howard, Susan Sarandon, Jeremy Piven, Rob Lowe, Zooey Deschanel and more were spotted at the PlayStation Green Room. We even had a chance to meet Kratos himself – Brandon Molale, who did the motion capture for Kratos in the original God of War. We thought we’d share a few pics, so be sure to check them out below — and see more pics on our Flickr account.

Actor Jesse Williams in PlayStation Green Room

Is there a Doctor in the house? Jesse Williams (“Grey’s Anatomy”) played Killzone 3 like a pro using the PlayStation Move sharp shooter.

Actor Terrence Howard plays a PS3 at the PlayStation Green Room

Terrence Howard (“Iron Man”) checking out MLB 11: The Show in stereoscopic 3D.

Actress Susan Sarandon in PlayStation Green Room

Susan Sarandon (“Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps”) at the PlayStation Green Room

Actor Bobby Cannavale in PlayStation Green Room

Bobby Cannavale (“Win Win”) tries out the Killzone 3 and PlayStation Move sharp shooter

Actor Brandon Molale at the PlayStation Green Room

Actor Brandon Molale (“True Blood”), and Abby, at the PlayStation Green Room

With NGP, new PlayStation Move experiences, stereoscopic 3D games, and a slew of AAA titles coming this year, we’re sure to be on the road again soon. We love hearing from all of you so feel free to stop by and say hello if we’re in your area!

PAGE 1 2

+ Dosx001 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

nice

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

Thanks, Dosx001!

+ Dosx001 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

nice game room can i live there XD

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

The space at Silver was AWESOME! I wouldn’t mind having something like that too. :)

+ Butters360 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Woot! An Abby Reyes post.

Come to San Diego, CA! This looks like it was full of fun times. Wish I can attend one of these events soon.

P.S.
Abby, you’re super cute and the perfect height ;)

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

I love San Diego! Sundance was great. Hopefully we’ll be in your area soon! ;)

+ Ejsponge61 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Terence Howard playin’ PlayStation games. Cool.

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on January 31st, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

I want Killzone 3 soooo bad!!!!!

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

KZ3 with the PlayStation Move is pretty awesome, XxNo0b_H8rxX!

+ kakakakatie on January 31st, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

BEST POST EVER!!! More from Reyes please…I like her wit! Get her “out into the wild” more often!

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

Hey kakakakatie! RAWR! ;)

+ whitwhit on January 31st, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

LOL @ Susan Sarandon

+ DaWolf619 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Can’t wait to get MLB 11. I hope we see some coverage soon.

+ MoneyMaker110 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

that setup is nice. how bout a couch giveaway? tv/couch combo

+ IceColdEskimo on January 31st, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Why you doin’ this to me Sony? You guys are pretty much robbing me of all my money.

+ TheDeezul on January 31st, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Zoey Deschanel is a gamer?? whaaaaaat?? What’s her PS3 handle? Abby, are you like 4’10 or is that dood 8 feet tall? Waiting for SOCOM with with the Move Sharpshooter…

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

Hey Deezul, not sure what her PS3 handle would be. Sorry! The PlayStation Move sharp shooter is really great. I can’t wait for you to try it!

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 31st, 2011 at 6:06 pm said:

PS We call her “5 Feet of Fury”

+ WISHUWUD on January 31st, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

How much does the sharpshooter cost????

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

$39.99 (MSRP)

+ Butters360 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

The questions everyone is asking: How tall is Abby Reyes? Where can we get that couch?!

+ PROPH3CY_ on January 31st, 2011 at 5:30 pm said:

pics lo0ks awesome!!! i wanna try the Sharpshooter sooo bad!!!

hey Abby!!! ur a cutie!!! LOL!!!
r u Flip? :)

+ DRUNKNNMUNKY on January 31st, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

As an avid gamer and an owner of a PS3 I’m excited for this coming year. I can’t wait to pick up the NGP, Abby, homie discount? J/K. Excellent Post.Cool pictures.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on January 31st, 2011 at 5:38 pm said:

I can’t wait for NGP either! We’ll be sure to keep you posted, homie! :)

+ Permafry_42 on January 31st, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

*sigh* there’s a wii zapper clone being used to play a playstation fps, but there’s STILL no official keyboard and mouse adapter for the Playstation 3.

+ PROPH3CY_ on January 31st, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

when does the Sharpshooter go on sale? will it be same day as kz3?

+ PROPH3CY_ on January 31st, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

weird but my 1st post got deleted..oh well..

+ Stellazira on January 31st, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

$40 for the Sharpshooter seems a bit steep…

+ perrandy on January 31st, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

what a nice playstation room but the host(abby) is even nicer! :0)
man,jeff and co must have a pretty good time over there at sony with beauties like abby

+ spunnups on January 31st, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

I need that game room now.

+ Charliesdad on January 31st, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

wow….rich, spoiled celebrities getting even more perks and privileges that regular folks don’t get and they didn’t earn.
Glad Sony is getting more aggressive about their presence, but how about showing up at PAX East this year (you totally bailed on it last year) where actual fans and gamers can get their hands on the new gear and software?

+ Spacerac on January 31st, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Unfortunately since it’ll soon only be a year since I’ve made the switch from PS2 to PS3, I’ve still got a whole bunch of games left to play. Thankfully those games are now cheaper, and I won’t be able to wait for the stuff this year to get any cheaper so I’ll be totally renting them when they get released. :)

+ TheHitman007PR on January 31st, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

Sony will Gameloft going to make New DLC For Modern Combat: Domination?

+ TallCrowe on January 31st, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

Good work Abbey. Are you sure they weren’t there just to see you?

+ Dragun619 on January 31st, 2011 at 6:36 pm said:

That is one dope game room….*clicks Like button even though it doesn’t exist*. Will there be a similar awesome game area like this when I go to Comic Con San Diego this year?

Also, Do you guys know what NamcoBandai are hinting at with their teaser site, ataleoftworichards.com? Is there going to be an event happening soon?

+ LRGKING on January 31st, 2011 at 6:42 pm said:

Zooey Deschanel was there! Oh man thats awesome! Great pics guys!

+ LRGKING on January 31st, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

P.S. are you guys gonna be at Coachella? I wasn’t able to work last years Oasis because of school, heres hoping I get another invite from GAP

+ FRANKMAN1 on January 31st, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

Dude im sleepy right now. When i saw this i was like “Omg fluffy stuff, GIVE ME A PS BED NAO!”

+ FRANKMAN1 on January 31st, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

Oh and to be honest the floor looks more comfortable than my bed…

+ remanutd5 on January 31st, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

nice post , when are we gonna see more NGP news ? i cant wait

+ GearThird_Luffy on January 31st, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

Do celebrities pretend to like video games?

+ PSWii2008 on January 31st, 2011 at 6:56 pm said:

Susan Sarandon is very competitive! She’s got her own ping-pong club going on in NYC & LA, I believe. But they had a special ping-pong thing for Sundance.

Also, awesome Sackboy avatar, Abby! He looks different than the LBP2 CE Sackboy, as in more happier! Ever since Mike Fahey from Kotaku described the one in the LBP2 CE as a “corpse in a body bag”, that’s all I think about when I see it (minus the body bag it came in)!

+ theultimatenub on January 31st, 2011 at 7:07 pm said:

that room looks awesome i wish my room could look like that

+ DC3lOSVADC on January 31st, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

@Reyes: why cant i find Mass Effect 2 on PSN????
please reply

+ godofwar_fan on January 31st, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

WOW!

And dear Sony any such events taking place in my god forsaken country india?

+ MysteryMeatwad on January 31st, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

Wow, every time I see that Move Sharpshooter, it makes me more and more ecstatic to have pre-ordered Killzone 3 and the Sharpshooter!

Of course, the fact that all of it was paid for with birthday money doesn’t hurt, either. :)

The next 3 weeks is gonna be terrib… oh wait! The KZ3 Beta with Move support starts in 2.5 days!!!

Thank you Sony!

+ MysteryMeatwad on January 31st, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

^^^^ To correct my comment above ^^^^

1.5 days!!!

+ NotoriousGamer on January 31st, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

I need the kz3 beta now!!!!! release the game already. y the wait 4? and y is bulletstorm coming out at the same time as kz3? who runs things at epic? ea?

sony please buy epic games?

bring gears of war 1,2,3 to ps3!! lol

buy Valve too!

bring left for dead 1,2 to ps3!!

just do it.

+ KainDrake on January 31st, 2011 at 8:38 pm said:

Wait, so this PlayStation Green Room is only temporary? Man, I want to go there. :(

+ sleepy92 on January 31st, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

I love the article “PS3 2011 preview: 20 exclusive games” It’s the article I always link people to when I want to show off all the amazing games I’m going to be playing this year.

+ LUGIEZ on January 31st, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

Yes I do believe I saw scott wolf and terrence howard swinging the move like a baseball bat! I can live happy now alone by myself and the MLB the Show. Thanks for the update Abbey! And those couches look so comfy, too bad they’re all the way in Utah! hah

+ Edd on January 31st, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

Totally picking up that shapshooter and KZ3 on launch day, looks awesome!

+ Ethereal on January 31st, 2011 at 9:47 pm said:

Awesome year ahead of us. It’s already been great and it just started. Sony ftw!

+ dragon_night on January 31st, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

Zoey deschanel? Does ben gibbard play as well? Lol I want to be friends with them

+ syk1288 on January 31st, 2011 at 10:06 pm said:

I wish my room or living room looked like that.

One can dream the impossible.

+ SuperCoOper777 on January 31st, 2011 at 10:34 pm said:

=D I wantcho Sackboy!

+ dragon_night on January 31st, 2011 at 10:56 pm said:

Btw I live in San Diego. +1

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on January 31st, 2011 at 11:16 pm said:

Killzone is a few weeks away!!!! WOO!

+ Chow-Stee on January 31st, 2011 at 11:52 pm said:

I want to try out the move sharp shooter, looks like the navigation controller fits nicely in there.

PAGE 1 2