Bloodborne

LittleBigPlanet Community Update: Hansel & Gretelbot Out Now! Plus, Game Update 1.01

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Feb 18, 2011 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

It’s here! Hansel & Gretelbot!

Last week we shared some cool news about “Hansel & Gretelbot” – a community-made level pack for LBP 2. Well, here’s some more cool news about “Hansel & Gretelbot” – it’s all ready for you to start playing! Here’s Spaff from Media Molecule with more details…

The Community-made Level Pack Hansel & Gretelbot is out now! For those who didn’t see it last week, Hansel & Gretelbot is a completely community made pack of 7 playable levels, furnished with a full story, cut scenes, voice acting, original score, and lots of prizes to collect too! It’s a might achievement, and hopefully one that will inspire others to do the same.

LittleBigPlanet - Hansel & Gretelbot

It’s completely free and no need to download, just head over to this LBP.me page and queue up the first level!

The H&G team put together this set of awesome wallpapers to download for your PS3, plus you can read an interview with some of the creators over on LittleBigLand, where you can also download a fourth wallpaper!

On behalf of the guys, we hope you enjoy Hansel & Gretelbot, and please join us in congratulating them on their creation. May there be many more to come!

Congratulations to the whole Hansel & Gretelbot team on creating something so impressive and ambitious – it’s an amazing example of what’s possible in LittleBigPlanet 2. I hope you all have fun playing it!

Codename: “Cupcake”

Earlier this week, a game update for LittleBigPlanet 2 was released. Codenamed ‘Cupcake,’ it fixes a number of issues that were making some players’ experience of LBP 2 insufficiently Sack-tastic. Head over here for a full list of updates.

Must-Plays of the Week

Fist of the Craft Earth

Gevurah22 is back with his complete version of his popular game from the pre-launch beta.

Soda Blob – Retro Adventures

Check out this platforming masterpiece by Sylzoid with a some creative gameplay mechanics.

Unsung Levels of LBP2

We recently discovered Karl Koekbe’s recent series of articles highlighting “Unsung Levels of LBP2.” Click on over to find some great levels and awesome write-ups.

On the PS Store

With the recent release of Marvel vs Capcom 3, we can’t stop thinking about all the characters and started playing LBP in Marvel & Street Fighter costumes. You say you don’t have them? Well you better head to the PlayStation Store and pick up your favorite Sackboy/Marvel/Street Fighter costumes.

LittleBigPlanet_AddOn_StreetFighter_banner-B_BLANK

LBP_Marvel_Bundle_banner_B' LBP_Marvel2_Bundle_banner_B'

LBP_Marvel3_Bundle_banner_B' LBP_Marvel4_Bundle_banner_B'

34 Comments

+ Ethereal on February 18th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Loving the game! Keep up the good work MM!

+ Sneeches on February 18th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

good stuff, gonna go download it later today :)

+ TheAlbraskan on February 18th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

Thanks for the patch MM, the missing eyes in the CE Clank costume was a nice fix.

+ Xenosuke808 on February 18th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

I <3 MM
also please please don't be hesitant to release other official LittleBigPlanet products

+ drew327 on February 18th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

Thanks for these posts- can’t wait to check out all of these levels

+ Shadow-Man_4 on February 18th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

Oh my god! That’s amazing news you have there. 1 question though, is the 1st level the only one playable at the moment?

+ BigPoppaB on February 18th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Will costume DLC EVER go on sale?

I’m not spending $2 on a costume… but if they went for $10 I know I’d buy at least a dozen of them.

+ brunofm on February 18th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

Great news. I queued the first level on lbp.me, but it seems that it’s still locked. Hope it’s unlocked when I get home to play it later today.

+ saintaqua on February 18th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

We need a dlc sale. I’ve already bought so many…please do a buy 1 get 1 (Bogo) sale.

+ DZORMAGEN on February 18th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Mark PLEASE answer my question!! All yo do is come here and post, but never reply to us!! Please!!

1. When will the Disney Princess Costumes come out?
2. When can be expect the 1st LBP 2 Costumes DLC?
3. Will you play my level: World of Color by DZormagen?

+ TallCrowe on February 18th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

This game is one of my favorite PS3 games. Once I start playing I can’t stop.

+ MoneyMaker110 on February 18th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

i’m loving that i can put these level in my queuefor later

+ Joe-TFW on February 18th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

Excellent work. Can’t wait to give it a shot this weekend. I absolutely love what people are doing with LBP2.

+ blukygrl on February 18th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Duesch bags get a life

+ Curtisio on February 18th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

I love this game, but the only issue is I’m STILL working on my level because development can be so deep. I wish I could come up with something simple.

+ foodlionslave on February 18th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

OMG

+ Kirkpad on February 18th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Sweet! Gonna play the series today!

+ digitalman123 on February 18th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

So it’s a community level?
I want that Street Fighter set, but I’m out of money! Oh well.
PS I love the game!

+ MetalGearCrysis on February 18th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

How about a sale on ALL of the DLC costume/level/sticker packs?
;)

+ WindedHero on February 18th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

So.. no new DLC.

Where’s our Sephiroth skin?

+ TapDatApp on February 18th, 2011 at 2:39 pm said:

I completely agree with TheMissingLink! This isn’t a shameless plug guys, “Poultry Panic” is the best level I’ve possibly ever played.

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on February 18th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

Is Sephiroth coming or not? It’s not nice to keep people’s hopes up for nothing…

+ Budapesti on February 18th, 2011 at 4:25 pm said:

Going to play Hansel and Gretelbot RIGHT NOW!!!

+ SamuraiSaxen on February 18th, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

I agree with MetalGearCrysis… a LBP DLC Sale would be great! :D

+ kLuMb-Z on February 19th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Please Add Split screen so me and my brother can play some of those online only levels.

+ theultimatenub on February 19th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

cant wait to try out those levels and to get back to littlebigplanet 2

+ Ardrid on February 20th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

I’ll add my own level to the list of unsung. I did a lot of work and could use some love :)

+ solDluna on February 21st, 2011 at 3:07 am said:

LBP it’s just awesome!!!! keep up the good work :)

+ the_irock on February 21st, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Once Final Fantasy and Uncharted DLC are released my life will be complete, those Marvel costumes weren’t to good in my opinion, and I’m a fan of Marvel. The Street Fighter costumes needed a bit more detail, mainly Ryu, but they were good enough.

+ GOBOSOX on February 27th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

When will the next Sack it to Me be? I really want to see some new DLC for LBP2; whatever MM makes will surely be awesome! I played all of the Hansel and Gretlebot levels, and the ending video was really funny.

+ GOBOSOX on February 27th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Also, Hansel and Gretlebot has inspired me to make my own level series.

+ OreoPoptart on February 28th, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

Dear Playstation Can we please get some Final Fantasy and DC costumes?

+ MacMog on February 28th, 2011 at 11:25 pm said:

Hansel and Gretelbot are overall pretty good, but not amazing. The biggest problem comes in the witch level; partway through, something in the level kills sound entirely for me and many others. Quitting LBP2 to try to get sound working again causes the PS3 to crash. It has some other minor flaws, including prize bubbles that seem impossible to collect and a boss which you can’t ace solo. So minor congrats to the design team, but fix those bugs! And Media Molecule, don’t hold back on the level packs.