Minecraft PS4

Spring Fever Heats Up With PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Award Winners

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Mar 02, 2011 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

PlayStation Network is feeling the fever…Spring Fever! That’s right, just like in past years, PlayStation Network will celebrate exceptional games during Spring Fever — one of our biggest annual events. Starting next Tuesday, March 8, you’ll be able to find hot PS3 and PSP games at deep discounts and new featured PS3 releases, all downloadable on the PlayStation Store.

Spring Fever 2011

This year, however, we’ve added a new twist. As you know, we just concluded voting for our first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards, which gave you the chance to vote for your favorite game in four different categories. We’re still in the midst of tallying the final scores, but we’ll be back here on March 7 to announce the winners and kick-off the first week of Spring Fever featuring the winning games on sale at a 30% discount in the PlayStation Store and available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

And remember, it doesn’t stop there. Following the one-week sale of our Gamers’ Choice Award winners, we will bring you one new major PS3 release along with a pair of great discounted games each week. Come back here next week to get the full run-down of Spring Fever and find out which games in each category were crowned PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Award winners.

PAGE 1 2

+ XMbeaner on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

This is the most illegal thing in the history of PSN sales!

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Whaa???

+ sybaritictrance on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

I’d rather see “deep discounts” on the New PS3 releases, tbh. :p

+ SuMizzle on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

I love being a PlayStation Plus subscriber.

+ morningdrive on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

sweeeeeet! can’t wait for next week!

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Should be cool! Definitely check it out!

+ athlete420 on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

@3 I will 2nd that

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

…i need money

+ utopianacht on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

put silent hill of psx on sale please :P

+ MarkakaJin on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

I’d rather see free games.

+ ScubaOwl on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Please get Ms. Splosion man on PSN!

+ CaptainDarin79 on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

Gotta love the Playstation Blog commenters…its a who’s who of cheap people and free loaders. They get discounted games…they whine they want free. LOL @ whining about already cheap games being too much. I guess it’s hard to pay rent and buy new games on a McDonalds payrate huh?

+ remanutd5 on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

any NGP GDC news ? arent you guys doing an NGP keynote today ? if so where can i watch it live?

+ Tank_Baked on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Are plus members getting an actual psn game this month or is Sonic our free psn game ? If so that’s a load of bs . This is Playstation plus not Sega Genesis plus .

Now if Sonic is a bonus on top of our usual content then it’s ok .

+ joetherugger on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

@CaptainDarin79 so crabby today everyone loves a free ride, that said I agree we get allot of value, now if I had only voted for the ones I wanted to buy and not the best ones!

+ Yojimbo-Ratchet on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

Comment #10 has no place or business passing on generalizations on others.

everyone here is entitled to an opinion, and those opinions should be respected. you don’t like it then keep it to yourself please, and post relevant and related comments to the thread’s topic without flaming anyone.

i for one am curious to which psx games will be discounted, but do agree that for plus members, discount should be better than 50% for an event like spring fever.

i am looking forward to seeing the new games and appreciate the fact that spring fever exists for plus and non-plus members of the network.

thank you playstation.

+ Akfu_TheOriginal on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

PS Plus is definitely worth the money.

+ bangax2 on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

I love being a PlayStation Plus subscriber too. Its shown me so many great games for free or discounted that I would never have purchased.

+ FrailFox on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

I honestly feel like out of all the subscriptions I pay for (Hulu Plus, Netflix, Rdio, etc) that I get the biggest payoff from PlayStation Plus. My Tuesdays are always a little brighter than other weekdays.

+ HatmanTc on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

@1 how so??

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

Wait this doesnt make sense to me. We get a discount for the games we voted for as being our favorite. Why would we need a discount for purchase of a game we already own. The game wouldnt be our favorites if we didnt vote for it. What a joke LOL!

+ ZalAamir on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

was just about to purchase some games from the store earlier,good thing i checked the blog first xD

eagerly awaiting the sale ^_^

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

Nice!!!

+ Badmamajamma on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

@14 perhaps #10 has no business posting that perhaps he does, not for me to argue. What I will voice here is that people do complain a lot. I have had no issue supporting playstations bank account. I love the sales and discounts, I also love PlayStation Plus. To those of you who want free games and such find a website the offers free games and play those, then you will appreciate what you pay for. Badmamajamma out.

+ morrislevy on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I hate PSN Plus. This is the biggest scam, and totally unfair as a customer.

+ TwinDad on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

I’m a bit bummed by the theme I downloaded. I thought it would be game related but All I got was a Sprint advertisement. Did I do this wrong, or was that the giveaway for voting?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

That’s correct it was your Exclusive takeaway for partaking in the voting…

+ jonathan_val on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

HARD COPS UPRISING, DUNGEON DEFENDERS, DUNGEON HUNTERS ALLIANCE ARE INCLUYED ?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

Maybe… You’ll have to check back each week to see what the features are!

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

@22 I don’t think you have it lol

+ JonJonXD on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Put Resident Evil 1 and 3 on sale as well! :D

+ Berae on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

@14 Yojimbo-Ratchet

It’s not an opinion it is just whining

+ ABRipperXX on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

@24 Please Release the Games he said.

+ davivman on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Thanks Sony, I will definately be making a purchase next week if the games I voted for won.

+ morph147 on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

yay for spring fever. got to make sure i have enough points. all i ask though is that you dont make majority of the games that are discounted for this games that had been discounted like crazy in the past. make it worth the time and money.

thanks playstation

+ shyguyNC on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

one more thing on comment 10 – that’s kind of an ignorant assumption that people who are thrifty must also be poor and hold down minimum wage jobs. i’m an application developer at a leading online homework/testing provider, and i’m always looking for the best value from my dollar. just because you have money doesn’t mean you should be wasteful with it, which is what you seem to imply.

+ Kirkpad on March 2nd, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

“one new major PS3 release… each week”

Holy crap does this mean we might be getting Retro/Grade?!!?

I am expecting Slam Bolt Scrappers, Sideway… and what else? Rochard?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:17 pm said:

Same response to #24

+ Sneeches on March 2nd, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

this is awesome, but i already have all the games I voted on :( lol.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

Check back weekly from 3/15 – 4/5, you might find something you like!

+ Fred5107 on March 2nd, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Thank you Sony, you rock!

+ colstripcapn on March 2nd, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

Sadly if you vote on a game to win … that probably means you already own the game, so a sale on the game is kind of meaningless.

+ tylerh1701 on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

I’d love to check out flower/flow, but don’t want to pay full price for them, since they’re kinda not really games. Maybe theyll be on sale.

hoping for some good sales!

+ Darkpen on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

BRING VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 1 TO PSN!

That is all.

+ timmy19888 on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

im unemployed and still cant find a job. they all say im not experienced but i still find a way to buy the games. and ps plus sucks cause its every 2 weeks something new is free which is games that are no good. and i voted for games i thought were the best

+ LilBayArea on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

“Following the one-week sale of our Gamers’ Choice Award winners, we will bring you one new major PS3 release along with a pair of great discounted games each week.”

i just hope this means little extra ps+ love for after spring fever..

+ markburleson85 on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

@38

I happen to have gotten more in free games with PS+ than the $50 I paid for it. In games alone we have receive 11 PSN games, 10 PSOne games, 20 minis, 96 discount opportunities and 33 themes. This equates to about $16.36 of free items per update or $40.90 per month (based upon the 10 months updates occurred in, even though PS+ is just over 9 months old). So even with there being some games you might hate, it shouldn’t be hard at all to recoup your $3.33 monthly investment.

As for the sale, I voted for the game that I wanted, not the one that I truly thought was the best just so I could get the discount. I almost wonder if they will just offer all of the games at a discount, one each week maybe?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Nice PS+ summary… you might be on to something with your second paragraph….

+ Skater_Ricky on March 2nd, 2011 at 1:38 pm said:

Sweet can’t wait.

+ Surfaced on March 2nd, 2011 at 2:09 pm said:

thatgamecompany’s Journey is obviously planned as part of this event. Just like Flower was two years ago.

+ May_I_Kill_You on March 2nd, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

YAYYYYYYY

+ ixnine on March 2nd, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Can’t wait. Thanks, Sony. :)

+ Alkazaar777 on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

I SMELL BEYOND: GOOD AND EVIL HD!!!!!!

+ digitalman123 on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

@5: I will third that.
@45: I agree: Where’s Beyond Good and Evil HD?

+ ajayghosal on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

give us sploshion man pleaseee

+ EggySong85 on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

After doing 2 3mo subscriptions to trial PS+, I do declare that I’ve upgraded to the full year. With my PS3′s HDD getting more and more cluttered with great games and other free content, the Playstation Plus experience has really exceeded my expectations.

Compared with PS+, the other HD console’s subscription service is looking more and more like extortion than anything else!

Really looking forward to what this year’s Spring Fever will yield!

+ fuzzyclutter on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

I think what # 10 meant was AN ECONOMY doesnt run on free , or to put it in a recent bloggers perspective . in an ideal world EVERYTHING would be free and everybody would be dancing naked to the grateful dead . unfortunatly … this is not that ideal world… bills/payroll has to met and money has to be made .

+ EJStrat on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

I want Hard Corps: Uprising. I’ve been saying that in every comment I post, and will continue to do so. I’m on the verge of boycotting PSN til it comes. I don’t have a 360, and even if I did I wouldn’t buy it on there because their D-Pad sucks.

Aanyways.. I thought the themes were gonna be related to the game too, was super bummed when I realized what it was and deleted it immediately. Lookin forward to some new releases and some baller discounts. Thx for kickin ass, PSN.

Now, would you kindly RELEASE HARD CORPS UPRISING ALREADY!?

PAGE 1 2