No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet 2 Upcoming DLC; New Behind the Scenes Media Molecule Documentary

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Mar 18, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

Happy Friday LBP fans –

Since our January LittleBigPlanet 2 release, there are more and more awesome LBP2 levels being uploaded every day, so many in fact that we’re getting very close to a fantastic milestone, which we’ll hopefully be able to share details on very soon. Until then, a big thank you to all of the creators out there – great work!

This week though, we wanted to give you all a sneak peak at some of the DLC planned for LittleBigPlanet 2 over the next few months. As all of the loyal original LittleBigPlanet players will remember, we always like to ensure that there is plenty of new content to freshen up your creations or just keep your Sackboy looking sharp. For starters, be sure to pick up your free St. Patrick’s Day costume from the PlayStation Store this week. It’s Sackboy’s yearly chance to show his Irish spirit – you wouldn’t want to deprive him of that, would you? There will be plenty more free DLC costumes throughout the year, so keep your eyes peeled.

Last week, the Even More Animals costume pack was released to ensure that those of you who weren’t able to pick up the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition have the option of dressing up your Sackboy as a Cobra, Mandrill, Crocodile, or Vulture. The individual costumes are $0.99 each, while the four pack bundle is available for $2.99.

LBP2 Even More Animals

Looking ahead to next month, you’ll get the chance to take your Sackboy on a journey into The Grid with the Tron: Evolution mini-pack. Featuring characters from the game that serves as a prequel to last year’s Tron: Legacy blockbuster movie, this pack will contain two brand new costumes—Anon and Abraxas—plus plenty of sleek and stylish Tron-themed stickers to decorate your levels.

You’ll also be seeing plenty of costumes and kits based around other PlayStation characters this year so look out for the brand new Killzone 3 mini-pack coming soon featuring Rico and a very cool looking Hazmat Trooper. But, what better way to kick things off than with some indisputable PlayStation icons? Next week we’ll be releasing three pairs of costumes based alongside the release of PlayStation Move Heroes on PS3 – Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly & Bentley. Each pack of two will be on sale for $2.99.

Finally, moving away from DLC, as part of the Make.Believe campaign this year, our Sony colleagues have put together a cool new behind the scenes documentary that tells the story of how two members of the Media Molecule team came to be working at the studio. As you can see, neither John nor Christophe were originally working in the games industry, but after the right people noticed their creative wizardry within LittleBigPlanet, something amazing happened…have a look!

PAGE 1 2

+ Scarface3010 on March 18th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

Has the move support been added yet?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on March 18th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Not yet, but we’ll keep you posted!

+ XMbeaner on March 18th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

I have never played this game. Is that wrong?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on March 18th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Give it a shot, I think you’ll enjoy it ;)

+ Kryshalis on March 18th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

I’d like to see more level kits. Enough with the costumes.

And is it just me, or does the cobra costume make sackboy toally look like Serpentor?

+ foodlionslave on March 18th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

@XMbeaner- yes it is wrong that you haven’t played this yet :) it is on of the coolest games out there. It is a “platform for games”. I have been working on my level for over 30 hours now. Its been real fun & not too difficult. It is my 1st time creating a level. So in short spend the cash & don’t miss out any longer on the greatness that is LBP2.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on March 18th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

Thanks for your support, we really appreciate it!

+ TorgoTime on March 18th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

@XMbeaner Do you hate fun?

+ Tomm4118 on March 18th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

Inspiring. Truly.

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on March 18th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

Are LBP costumes strickly for the first game or will they show up on LBP2?

+ A_Semi_Cool_Kid on March 18th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

LittleBigPlanet is the effin bomb. Can’t wait…

+ Astronica on March 18th, 2011 at 8:56 am said:

cool LBP 2 FTW!

+ Arayku on March 18th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

Final Fantasy 7 costumes please! Still waiting :(

+ chereb on March 18th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

Wow, sounds good. I got Collectors edition…. So really I got about half of those…. But Eric, Is there word on whether or not the playstation move addon can be played with the dualshock also. That would be epic! Really dont wanna drop $100 bucks on a move, plus $5-$10 bucks on dlc…. But…. I might just have to…… Ive got almost 48 hrs in create mode…. I seriously love this game!

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on March 18th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any updates on the Move pack right now, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted, thanks!

+ TwistedKiller-94 on March 18th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

i want the move support right now can’t wait for it

+ Hogwild333 on March 18th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

I’m really looking forward to the PS Move DLC. Thanks for making this game.

+ SpyDudeFX on March 18th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

More months of costumes, holiday costumes that are from 2008 and sticker kits is what we can expect? Not too exciting. Everyone wants level kits with trophies. And aren’t the Jak and Daxter costumes suppose to be exclusive to the CE? It says it on the voucher.

+ stlthriot on March 18th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Yeah, no more costumes… unless it is the FF7 ones that were supposed to come out with LBP1…

Levels like the MGS set or Pirates are what I want to see! :D

+ theLgnd09 on March 18th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

@stlthriot
FF7 costumes would be ridiculously epic! i’m still going through this game for the 1st time. (yea I know its sad)

+ karim300 on March 18th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Awesome!!!!! Something to get me playing it again.

+ VixDiesel on March 18th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

Levels packs that aren’t move enabled or no buy.

+ saintaqua on March 18th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

I love LBP and want to support MM, but I have to say, this is looking very bad….I love costume packs, but what I really love is more levels created by you guys, and none of these costume packs excite me at all.

Please get some awesome stuff licensed for costumes:
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball
Smurfs
Looney Tunes
More Disney characters like Muckey, Peter Pan, Disney Princesses, Captain Hook etc.
G.I.Joe
Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy

Once again, I love LBP! But it seems like a repeat of the first game where we get expensive costumes (which I usually buy) and few level packs.

+ fabtrocks on March 18th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

YAY Tron DLC!!, no Toy Story 3 DLC though :(!!, YAY for Sly costume, and Killzone 3 DLC!!, and nice documentary, I liked it, it was good!!

+ KwietStorm on March 18th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

Can you guys patch the game and separate our profile save file from the game data please.

+ oycomics on March 18th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Well, I’m very glad I got the collector’s edition of LBP2, so now I only have to buy half of this stuff when they come out. And since Sly & Bently are getting added to the mix, as are more Tron folks, can we assume we’ll eventually get more Toy Story and Muppets costume so the Alien and Gonzo don’t get so lonely?

I also picked a couple Move controllers during launch week (already had the Eye thanks to LBP1 sticker making) and while I actually have several games to tide me over, announced Move support in LBP2 was a major factor in my purchase . . . so here’s me waiting anxiously for the Move DLC.

+ AcesZERO-RAZGRIZ on March 18th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

so you are going to release ALL the pre-order/CE costumes..
honestly, what was the point for use to pre-order this game OR get the CE if the special content we got is just going to be release to the public? these types of things should STAY EXCLUSIVE to w/e the requirements were to get them. no matter what game it is.
i don’t see beta content getting released later after the games come out.
i promise you more people would say something about that.
but i and many other players pre-ordered this game, even the CE.
we would like to see that the content we went the extra little bit for stay exclusive.
i liked the “hey, look what i got. :P ” when someone was in my pod. and i’m sure i wasn’t the only one.

stop releasing pre-order content after release.
especially stop releasing CE content.

otherwise you might as well just either put it in the game or just wait to release it later.

+ RLx3 on March 18th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Why aren’t Jak and Daxter exclusive to the CE as it says.

+ Psyschock on March 18th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

So, is THIS the BIG DLC announcement that we should already know since LAST week? MM said the first BIG DLC will be Move support, so why is the BIG DLC announcement just more costumes?

+ fabtrocks on March 18th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

@AcesZERO-RAZGRIZ, they should have at least had a LBP2 Collectors Edition shirt or costume, not like the one they released for the first week but a cooler one, and/or EXCLUSIVE stickers, matireals, objects, backgrounds, and tools.

+ Capshot18 on March 18th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Wait, $2.99 for the sets of two “PlayStation Move Heroes Costumes?”
Will they also come with stickers, or is it a typo, because it would seem cheaper to buy them separately.
Or is the $2.99 for all 6?

+ PhantomOfPanton on March 18th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Can’t wait :D
I got the CE so all I need is the Killzone 3 pack, Sly and Bently, and whatever else they announce :)

I hope there will be more Resistance packs! A twisted metal pack would be beast! Some more Motorstorm, you get it! More :D

+ Capshot18 on March 18th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

(Because I can’t edit my other comment)
Oops, realized some were $1.99…

+ silverthehedgeh on March 18th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

+ fabtrocks on March 18th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

Tron mini pack isn’t getting Clu, so Clu is exCLUsive?

+ fabtrocks on March 18th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

We still have Gonzo too!!

+ PhantomOfPanton on March 18th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

+ TheAlbraskan on March 18th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

So I guess the CE costumes were a “sampler” of what’s to come then? Even though there’s a PS Move Heroes costume pack, I’d still like to see a Ratchet can Clank all 4 One mini level kit with a Captain Quark and a Dr. Nefarious costume.

+ MelficeSilesius on March 18th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

“+ Scarface3010 on March 18th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:
Has the move support been added yet?”

Please read the blog entry, and especially the following bit: “Some of you may have also picked up on Media Molecule mentioning a future PlayStation Move DLC pack in recent media interviews. Well, the team is indeed working on this, a VERY exciting pack that will be coming later this year so stay tuned for details.”

So, yeah. I think that means the Move is currently supported, and you should hook up your Move and try to make it work.
Tell us how it goes! =D

+ MelficeSilesius on March 18th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

“+ PhantomOfPanton on March 18th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:
Yah seriously, they did say Jak and Daxter were exclusive to the CE, and wouldn’t be released on the PS store. I’m not too mad, but that is false advertisement for sure. I hope those costumes are different from the CE.”

And:

“+ silverthehedgeh on March 18th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:
you got to be kidding your releasing the jak and dexter costumes from the collector’s edition, im looking at the box and it says exclusive to the LBP2 CE, does no one what EXCLUSIVE means anymore, please tell me there different from the CE costumes”

I’d like to inform you that: 1) The Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank costumes were pre-order bonuses, and NOT part of the Collector’s Edition.
2) The Collector’s Edition was not made available in the entirety of Europe, so I welcome the chance to be able to purchase these now, being Dutch. I can understand that you like the sense of exclusivity, but you have to understand that not everybody even had the choice between the CE and a regular edition. For those people, Media Molecule (or Sony, whichever) releasing those exclusives via PSN is a godsend.

+ PhantomOfPanton on March 18th, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

@35,

Jak and Daxter were NOT pre-order bonuses. (100% sure they weren’t for America anyway.)
“Jak and Daxter” and “Ratchet and Clank” were part of the Collectors edition. All costumes came with the CE.
My box of the game even says that Jak and Daxter are exclusive to the Collectors Edition.
Here is my post about this subject on a forum called Little Big Land:

“This COULD be very sneaky exclusive content. When it says “exclusive” to the Collectors Edition, they can back that up by the fact that it wasn’t available as a pre-order bonus anywhere, or in any other version of the game. Therefore, it is exclusive to the Collectors Edition. That is kinda a mean trick to play, but it is true, it was exclusive to the CE. Again, I’m not upset about this at all really. I’m sure many people are, and I bet some people bought the CE just for the Jak and Daxter costumes!”

+ Locke_VI on March 18th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

I bought the Collector’s Edition, so I already have a lot of that DLC, but I’ll definitely buy the Sly & Bentley pack next week. I’d like to see some new DLC levels, too. A Ratchet & Clank level kit would be awesome.

+ ioanina on March 18th, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

LBP2 is already rising to popularity so quickly! Wow! I sure would like to see a future game update that will allow the level creators to create longer and higher levels, new genres, special background creating tools and much more. Media Molecule is the best!

+ SlyCooper22 on March 18th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

John looks like messi

+ Seeing_Red_Again on March 18th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Sly and Bentley costumes for me next week

+ NightRaven77 on March 18th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Glad to hear Sly & Bentley costumes are coming. But what about Murray? He gets no love in Move Heroes, so no MM love either?

+ anotherdae on March 18th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

Level packs with every costume pack!

+ rmartinez10 on March 18th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Awesome video. Thank you for this.

+ SpyDudeFX on March 18th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

@MelficeSilesius EU had it’s own collector’s edition but the content was different. In US those costumes are listed as “exclusive to the Collector’s Edition” on the voucher. I don’t know how Europe managed the offers but it’s an entirely different market.

+ drunk_vader on March 18th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

Really amazing group of people. Inspiring to say the least.

+ MelficeSilesius on March 18th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

SpyDudeFX, you are entirely correct.
I thought the Jak and Daxter costumes, as well as the Ratchet and Clank costumes were pre-order bonuses in the US as well. I guess I was wrong about that one.

Regardless, I still think it’s okay that MM/Sony are selling them now, “exclusivity” be damned.

+ Biggz124 on March 18th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

HAPPY FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!!

/troll.

+ silverthehedgeh on March 18th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

wait what jak dexter was preorder? guess i got to check the box again, yep still says exclusive, i can see the eu because they never had the chance but for the us it said it. the last MM could of done was put something that said that it would be placed in the store before the game even came out. this was more of an if your really bag fan of the game here some “exclusive” stuff for going the extra mile

+ SpyDudeFX on March 18th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

@MelficeSilesius not really, Jak and Daxter are exclusive to the CE and the voucher and box make that very clear.

PAGE 1 2