PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 08

Apr 08

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition Unboxing

Richard Ho's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager

On Tuesday, April 19, shooter fans will be dropped into the middle of a brutal revolution as they start their journey through SOCOM 4. You’ll have two great ways to play single player, multiplayer, and co-op: using the DualShock 3, or my personal favorite, the PlayStation Move sharp shooter.

SOCOM 4 Full Deployment BundleSOCOM 4 Full Deployment BundleSOCOM 4 Full Deployment Bundle

Shame on you if you don’t have PlayStation Move or the sharp shooter already. But, you are in luck, because for a limited time, we are offering the SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition. Get all the components you need to play SOCOM 4 with PlayStation Move in one slick package! We just received our first retail-ready Full Deployment Edition, so here is a peek at what this awesome bundle has to offer.

Inside the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition, you’ll find:

The Full Deployment Edition launches with SOCOM 4 on April 19 for $149.99 MSRP, providing over $69 in savings compared to purchasing all the components separately. Only one question remains unanswered – how will you play SOCOM 4, with the DualShock 3 or the sharp shooter? Maybe you will be a true master of the game and finish it with both!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Spidey817 said:

April 8th, 12:11 pm

I got this bad boy on preoirder at Amazon. Really looking forward to it.

TomHoang said:

April 8th, 12:15 pm

It’s a great day for the PS Blog :D

Dragun619 said:

April 8th, 12:15 pm

Oh man, that is swaggin right there. Definitely gonna pick up this bundle up. It comes with everything I need.
Question though, Will this bundle be a limited release? I want to know if i have to pick up as soon as it release or if i can buy it later.

Richard Ho's Avatar

Richard Ho said:

April 10th, 3:50 pm

Yes, the Full Deployment Edition will only be available for a limited time. Get it while it’s hot!

Scavengre said:

April 8th, 12:16 pm

Nice bundle, at that price your actually getting a free sharpshooter. To bad I have already invested in the PSMove

Mosh_Pit said:

April 8th, 12:19 pm

I’m not getting the move cause I know ill do better w/o it.

Trioptical said:

April 8th, 12:23 pm

I just realized that there are no bundles that come with a headset. SOCOM without headsets? It’s weird, right?

Richard Ho's Avatar

Richard Ho said:

April 10th, 3:53 pm

You can find the Official Bluetooth Headset for the PS3 at retail stores now and we are launching the new Urban Camouflage designed headset on April 19. Check it out!

NekoNiv said:

April 8th, 12:31 pm

@6 the PS eye can be used as a mic

G-Force08 said:

April 8th, 12:33 pm

I’m all set with all the move parts I need. I’m just waiting to pick up my copy on the 19th.

Spidey817 said:

April 8th, 12:35 pm

@3 – The post does say it’s for a limited time.

Shinmigami said:

April 8th, 12:38 pm

I so want this to come out next week. Man I have been waiting since March when I pre ordered.

forzanerazzurri said:

April 8th, 12:39 pm

Id love to buy a sharpshooter, if I could find one. Any info on an increase in supply coming to Canada?

Butters360 said:

April 8th, 12:45 pm

I hope sometime in the future that all SCE WWS First Person Shooters get a patch that enables Sharp Shooter support.

Dinsdale1978 said:

April 8th, 12:59 pm

Already preordered and waiting for the 19th. Sweet.

Solitude-Freak said:

April 8th, 1:37 pm

The sharp shooter is not black? What is this, 1998?

Mobius2525 said:

April 8th, 2:24 pm

got move already just waiting for amazon,bestbuy,or walmart to drop price of the gun.

SmooshyKing said:

April 8th, 2:25 pm

#14:

It’s no longer legal for toy guns (or anything shaped like a gun that isn’t a gun) to be colored black. Too many people getting shot by very real guns when threatening other people with their very fake guns.

kasumakuma said:

April 8th, 2:37 pm

You know, not really a Socom fan, but if Insomniac is watching these boards I’d love a similar bundle with R3! That would make me get into the move experience.

D-Squad3 said:

April 8th, 3:20 pm

Contest?

digitalman123 said:

April 8th, 3:42 pm

Bam Moveshot!!!

phinnv8 said:

April 8th, 4:27 pm

In Socom 4 Beta did anyone else notice when you reload your players hand makes an animation but doesn’t actually pull the magazine out of the gun? I don’t appreciate the utter lack of attention to detail when compared to say COD where reloading happens real (if the mag isn’t empty you just switch them, if empty they hit the bolt release) … hell even Confrontation they would throw the magazine out and it would bounce on the ground.

It seems like it just needs more polish all around. I would think they would push this game until summer 2011 to further improve it as Killzone 3 just came out.

angelspawn77 said:

April 8th, 4:32 pm

The sharpshooter looks fantastic and I definitely want to try it out with both KZ3 and Socom 4.

El_Hoardo said:

April 8th, 5:01 pm

I’m definitely interested in this, although despite the value here, $150 is still quite a bit.

Any chance Sony could get Amazon to extend their $10 pre-order credit from the standard version to the Full Deployment version?

FonFahbre said:

April 8th, 6:58 pm

Bah. I have enough, Move controllers as it is. I just want that Sharpshooter stand!

hush404 said:

April 8th, 7:01 pm

You know… I’m torn. I Kinda want the gun… kinda don’t at teh same time :P I’m getting Socom4 for sure but already have the PSEye and move controller… but lack the navigation controller.

So… and the end of the day.. is the $150 pack worth it for the gun, navi and game?

thundercat17 said:

April 8th, 7:34 pm

woo hoo, just pre ordered mine

nighthawkjf said:

April 8th, 8:44 pm

Sold!!! Finally a reason to start playing Socom…I quit after Combined Assault and thought I would never buy Socom again but Socom 4 with this SICK Full Deployment Edition changed my mind completely…and I was only gonna buy the game since I’ve been playing the beta the game alone is great. Everyone get this and ill meet you online.

jayrockslife said:

April 8th, 9:02 pm

Ever since I saw the posting for this on Amazon, I returned by PS Move bundle and put the money down to reserve this. I can’t wait for April 19th so I can finally play shooters the way they were meant to be played!

GreyLynx said:

April 8th, 9:13 pm

Poppin caps is back

Cobra1 said:

April 8th, 10:09 pm

Its truly a shame Sony’s great Move hardware will be tarnished by the development team at Zipper. The game is unplayable with the move and spending $150 for this bundle (I already have said items) is really going to leave people sour.

Skater_Ricky said:

April 8th, 11:09 pm

Wow there is some really dumb kids on this blog. and starting to see fake people on here too.

NO PSN Avatar = Fake PSN Account!

If you don’t have a PlayStation Move and Want to get Socom 4 I Strongly Recommend getting the Full Deployment Edition because I for one already own the Sharp Shooter and Played the Whole Killzone 3 with it so if I can manage to play the full Killzone 3 Champaign your going to enjoy Socom 4 Champaign also with the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter Attachment

If you already own the PlayStation Move and PlayStation Eye and are playing on buying Socom 4 I recommend just going out and buying the Game and then the Sharp Shooter by them selfs.

Cobra1 said:

April 8th, 11:28 pm

@Skater_Ricky:

Unfortunately, playing Killzone 3 does not equal playing SOCOM 4. I too played the campaign of KZ3 with the sharpshooter. I am also playing the S4 beta. I can’t go into specifics due to the NDA, but if you buy the full deployment edition without ever trying it first, you’ll be extremely disappointed. I recommend you download the S4 beta and give it an honest go with the move and make up your mind. :)

phinnv8 said:

April 9th, 7:58 am

You guys NEED to lengthen this Beta out to 2-3 weeks. Most of the time I try and join a match it just sits on the loading screen and does nothing… There is a sloppy setup for matches too, and there is an overall lack of attention to detail…

This game should be delayed until Late May, give it another 6 weeks of polish and tweaking, and another 2 weeks of Beta. There is no way I can buy or recommend this game in its current state of barely even being able to connect to a game.

Spidey817 said:

April 9th, 8:59 am

Kevin Butler sent me here.

TallCrowe said:

April 9th, 11:33 am

I’m with Spidey817, also I need to get this I think.

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

April 9th, 11:53 am

Im ready. I just need the game.
Iv got 3 of my friends pickng up the bundle after trying out the beta (and KZ3) with the sharpshooter at my place.

Troubleman901 said:

April 9th, 2:17 pm

Socom4 beta is really good to me seeing as its really the first one Ive played besides a couple games of confrontation.And the added sharpshooter and move bundle have it sold in my book….Big ups zipper and sony!!!!!!!

SeventhPepe said:

April 9th, 8:29 pm

I have the Move and i’m tryied with the beta. But the move is not the problem, buy this game can be a problem. I have some questions, since i played Socom 1(the best), Socom 2 (nearly to the best), Socom 3 (fail), Socom Confrontation (looks like that I’ll still playing this one):

1) Where’s the lobby?
2) Where’s the crosshair?
3) Why an assault rifle, or a machine gun or a sub machine gun is the same thing? Same precision, same damage! People who can kill or head shoot each other with a sub machine gun through the entire map. So why use sniper if i can just use a sub machine gun?
4) Where’s the pistols???????
5) The cam?! I will not talk about the cam because make’s me SAD!

XenoNative said:

April 10th, 12:10 am

i love when you guys post videos. as much as i like reading the text, the vid give the playstation blog a personality. i got killzone 3 on its midnight launch and completely glossed over the sharp shooter. i knew about it but thought…meh not for me -even tho i have Move. After seeing this vid, however, i was convinced that i was missing out on something special. What won me over is that both killzone 3 and socom 4 use every button layout on the sharp shooter. I will be going to best buy to today ,4/10/11, to pick one up. cheers.

fz6_rider said:

April 10th, 8:01 am

What’s the deal with co-op, Online, offline, story-mode? I haven’t really heard much about it and they haven’t really been advertising it, but it’s mentioned in this article.

Ratchet426 said:

April 10th, 8:35 am

@SmooshyKing:

Obviously you’ve never seen an AirSoft bb gun. Aside from a small orange tip on the barrel, those things look _exactly_ like the real thing. And you can order them by mail for a little as $10.

Just sayin;. There’s no damn good reason while the sharpshooter is beige instead of black. Forget the little orange tip, this thing has a brightly glowing golf ball on the front! Who the hell is going to mistake it for a real weapon?

Lara_Croft_GodHD said:

April 10th, 8:42 am

im looking farward to socom 4 but im gonna has to save up big if i wanna get the comble pack witch is $150.00 i eve n tho i already have the move bundle with the eye and move controller but im just wonder how come the 2gen offical PS3 Bluetooth was not incloude in this ? im just wondering thats al

Shadykidd323 said:

April 10th, 10:42 am

Is there going to be a red playstation sharpshooter anytime soon or will that be an E.U exclusive strictly? Because I for one am buying this bundle but i would love to have the option of color between this bad boy.

k1llabeastie said:

April 10th, 12:23 pm

Nice Killzone 3 advertising.

Thrasher20 said:

April 10th, 2:32 pm

Haven’t commented in decades…

Istay-For-ever said:

April 11th, 6:07 am

Nice sharp shooter +Socom4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xCh0z3n-0n3x said:

April 11th, 6:49 am

RELEASE ALONE SHARPSHOOTTERSSS!!!! THATS ALL I NEED I ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

XMbeaner said:

April 11th, 8:43 am

Stop calling your commercials unboxings.

Tibas_TheMainMan said:

April 11th, 10:22 am

Will have this game for downloading in PSN?

Icestar10 said: