PS4-The Order

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition Unboxing

Richard Ho's Avatar + Posted by Richard Ho on Apr 08, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

On Tuesday, April 19, shooter fans will be dropped into the middle of a brutal revolution as they start their journey through SOCOM 4. You’ll have two great ways to play single player, multiplayer, and co-op: using the DualShock 3, or my personal favorite, the PlayStation Move sharp shooter.

SOCOM 4 Full Deployment BundleSOCOM 4 Full Deployment BundleSOCOM 4 Full Deployment Bundle

Shame on you if you don’t have PlayStation Move or the sharp shooter already. But, you are in luck, because for a limited time, we are offering the SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition. Get all the components you need to play SOCOM 4 with PlayStation Move in one slick package! We just received our first retail-ready Full Deployment Edition, so here is a peek at what this awesome bundle has to offer.

Inside the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition, you’ll find:

The Full Deployment Edition launches with SOCOM 4 on April 19 for $149.99 MSRP, providing over $69 in savings compared to purchasing all the components separately. Only one question remains unanswered – how will you play SOCOM 4, with the DualShock 3 or the sharp shooter? Maybe you will be a true master of the game and finish it with both!

PAGE 1 2

+ Spidey817 on April 8th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

I got this bad boy on preoirder at Amazon. Really looking forward to it.

+ TomHoang on April 8th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

It’s a great day for the PS Blog :D

+ Dragun619 on April 8th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Oh man, that is swaggin right there. Definitely gonna pick up this bundle up. It comes with everything I need.
Question though, Will this bundle be a limited release? I want to know if i have to pick up as soon as it release or if i can buy it later.

Richard Ho's Avatar

+ Richard Ho on April 10th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Yes, the Full Deployment Edition will only be available for a limited time. Get it while it’s hot!

+ Scavengre on April 8th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Nice bundle, at that price your actually getting a free sharpshooter. To bad I have already invested in the PSMove

+ Mosh_Pit on April 8th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

I’m not getting the move cause I know ill do better w/o it.

+ Trioptical on April 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

I just realized that there are no bundles that come with a headset. SOCOM without headsets? It’s weird, right?

Richard Ho's Avatar

+ Richard Ho on April 10th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

You can find the Official Bluetooth Headset for the PS3 at retail stores now and we are launching the new Urban Camouflage designed headset on April 19. Check it out!

+ NekoNiv on April 8th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

@6 the PS eye can be used as a mic

+ G-Force08 on April 8th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

I’m all set with all the move parts I need. I’m just waiting to pick up my copy on the 19th.

+ Spidey817 on April 8th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

@3 – The post does say it’s for a limited time.

+ Shinmigami on April 8th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

I so want this to come out next week. Man I have been waiting since March when I pre ordered.

+ forzanerazzurri on April 8th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Id love to buy a sharpshooter, if I could find one. Any info on an increase in supply coming to Canada?

+ Butters360 on April 8th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

I hope sometime in the future that all SCE WWS First Person Shooters get a patch that enables Sharp Shooter support.

+ Dinsdale1978 on April 8th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Already preordered and waiting for the 19th. Sweet.

+ Solitude-Freak on April 8th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

The sharp shooter is not black? What is this, 1998?

+ Mobius2525 on April 8th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

got move already just waiting for amazon,bestbuy,or walmart to drop price of the gun.

+ SmooshyKing on April 8th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

#14:

It’s no longer legal for toy guns (or anything shaped like a gun that isn’t a gun) to be colored black. Too many people getting shot by very real guns when threatening other people with their very fake guns.

+ kasumakuma on April 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

You know, not really a Socom fan, but if Insomniac is watching these boards I’d love a similar bundle with R3! That would make me get into the move experience.

+ D-Squad3 on April 8th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

Contest?

+ digitalman123 on April 8th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

Bam Moveshot!!!

+ phinnv8 on April 8th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

In Socom 4 Beta did anyone else notice when you reload your players hand makes an animation but doesn’t actually pull the magazine out of the gun? I don’t appreciate the utter lack of attention to detail when compared to say COD where reloading happens real (if the mag isn’t empty you just switch them, if empty they hit the bolt release) … hell even Confrontation they would throw the magazine out and it would bounce on the ground.

It seems like it just needs more polish all around. I would think they would push this game until summer 2011 to further improve it as Killzone 3 just came out.

+ angelspawn77 on April 8th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

The sharpshooter looks fantastic and I definitely want to try it out with both KZ3 and Socom 4.

+ El_Hoardo on April 8th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

I’m definitely interested in this, although despite the value here, $150 is still quite a bit.

Any chance Sony could get Amazon to extend their $10 pre-order credit from the standard version to the Full Deployment version?

+ FonFahbre on April 8th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

Bah. I have enough, Move controllers as it is. I just want that Sharpshooter stand!

+ hush404 on April 8th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

You know… I’m torn. I Kinda want the gun… kinda don’t at teh same time :P I’m getting Socom4 for sure but already have the PSEye and move controller… but lack the navigation controller.

So… and the end of the day.. is the $150 pack worth it for the gun, navi and game?

+ thundercat17 on April 8th, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

woo hoo, just pre ordered mine

+ nighthawkjf on April 8th, 2011 at 8:44 pm said:

Sold!!! Finally a reason to start playing Socom…I quit after Combined Assault and thought I would never buy Socom again but Socom 4 with this SICK Full Deployment Edition changed my mind completely…and I was only gonna buy the game since I’ve been playing the beta the game alone is great. Everyone get this and ill meet you online.

+ jayrockslife on April 8th, 2011 at 9:02 pm said:

Ever since I saw the posting for this on Amazon, I returned by PS Move bundle and put the money down to reserve this. I can’t wait for April 19th so I can finally play shooters the way they were meant to be played!

+ GreyLynx on April 8th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

Poppin caps is back

+ Cobra1 on April 8th, 2011 at 10:09 pm said:

Its truly a shame Sony’s great Move hardware will be tarnished by the development team at Zipper. The game is unplayable with the move and spending $150 for this bundle (I already have said items) is really going to leave people sour.

+ Skater_Ricky on April 8th, 2011 at 11:09 pm said:

Wow there is some really dumb kids on this blog. and starting to see fake people on here too.

NO PSN Avatar = Fake PSN Account!

If you don’t have a PlayStation Move and Want to get Socom 4 I Strongly Recommend getting the Full Deployment Edition because I for one already own the Sharp Shooter and Played the Whole Killzone 3 with it so if I can manage to play the full Killzone 3 Champaign your going to enjoy Socom 4 Champaign also with the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter Attachment

If you already own the PlayStation Move and PlayStation Eye and are playing on buying Socom 4 I recommend just going out and buying the Game and then the Sharp Shooter by them selfs.

+ Cobra1 on April 8th, 2011 at 11:28 pm said:

@Skater_Ricky:

Unfortunately, playing Killzone 3 does not equal playing SOCOM 4. I too played the campaign of KZ3 with the sharpshooter. I am also playing the S4 beta. I can’t go into specifics due to the NDA, but if you buy the full deployment edition without ever trying it first, you’ll be extremely disappointed. I recommend you download the S4 beta and give it an honest go with the move and make up your mind. :)

+ DEADEYEZ on April 8th, 2011 at 11:43 pm said:

Vote for SOCOM 2 HD

+ phinnv8 on April 9th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

You guys NEED to lengthen this Beta out to 2-3 weeks. Most of the time I try and join a match it just sits on the loading screen and does nothing… There is a sloppy setup for matches too, and there is an overall lack of attention to detail…

This game should be delayed until Late May, give it another 6 weeks of polish and tweaking, and another 2 weeks of Beta. There is no way I can buy or recommend this game in its current state of barely even being able to connect to a game.

+ Spidey817 on April 9th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

Kevin Butler sent me here.

+ TallCrowe on April 9th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

I’m with Spidey817, also I need to get this I think.

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on April 9th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

Im ready. I just need the game.
Iv got 3 of my friends pickng up the bundle after trying out the beta (and KZ3) with the sharpshooter at my place.

+ Troubleman901 on April 9th, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

Socom4 beta is really good to me seeing as its really the first one Ive played besides a couple games of confrontation.And the added sharpshooter and move bundle have it sold in my book….Big ups zipper and sony!!!!!!!

+ SeventhPepe on April 9th, 2011 at 8:29 pm said:

I have the Move and i’m tryied with the beta. But the move is not the problem, buy this game can be a problem. I have some questions, since i played Socom 1(the best), Socom 2 (nearly to the best), Socom 3 (fail), Socom Confrontation (looks like that I’ll still playing this one):

1) Where’s the lobby?
2) Where’s the crosshair?
3) Why an assault rifle, or a machine gun or a sub machine gun is the same thing? Same precision, same damage! People who can kill or head shoot each other with a sub machine gun through the entire map. So why use sniper if i can just use a sub machine gun?
4) Where’s the pistols???????
5) The cam?! I will not talk about the cam because make’s me SAD!

+ XenoNative on April 10th, 2011 at 12:10 am said:

i love when you guys post videos. as much as i like reading the text, the vid give the playstation blog a personality. i got killzone 3 on its midnight launch and completely glossed over the sharp shooter. i knew about it but thought…meh not for me -even tho i have Move. After seeing this vid, however, i was convinced that i was missing out on something special. What won me over is that both killzone 3 and socom 4 use every button layout on the sharp shooter. I will be going to best buy to today ,4/10/11, to pick one up. cheers.

+ fz6_rider on April 10th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

What’s the deal with co-op, Online, offline, story-mode? I haven’t really heard much about it and they haven’t really been advertising it, but it’s mentioned in this article.

+ Ratchet426 on April 10th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

@SmooshyKing:

Obviously you’ve never seen an AirSoft bb gun. Aside from a small orange tip on the barrel, those things look _exactly_ like the real thing. And you can order them by mail for a little as $10.

Just sayin;. There’s no damn good reason while the sharpshooter is beige instead of black. Forget the little orange tip, this thing has a brightly glowing golf ball on the front! Who the hell is going to mistake it for a real weapon?

+ Lara_Croft_GodHD on April 10th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

im looking farward to socom 4 but im gonna has to save up big if i wanna get the comble pack witch is $150.00 i eve n tho i already have the move bundle with the eye and move controller but im just wonder how come the 2gen offical PS3 Bluetooth was not incloude in this ? im just wondering thats al

+ Shadykidd323 on April 10th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

Is there going to be a red playstation sharpshooter anytime soon or will that be an E.U exclusive strictly? Because I for one am buying this bundle but i would love to have the option of color between this bad boy.

+ k1llabeastie on April 10th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

Nice Killzone 3 advertising.

+ Thrasher20 on April 10th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

Haven’t commented in decades…

+ Istay-For-ever on April 11th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

Nice sharp shooter +Socom4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on April 11th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

RELEASE ALONE SHARPSHOOTTERSSS!!!! THATS ALL I NEED I ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

+ XMbeaner on April 11th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

Stop calling your commercials unboxings.

+ Tibas_TheMainMan on April 11th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Will have this game for downloading in PSN?

+ Icestar10 on April 11th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said: