PS4-The Order

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut – Hunt Mutants With PlayStation Move in 3D

David Bruno's Avatar + Posted by David Bruno on Jul 14, 2011 // Public Relations Representative, Tozai Games

We barely escaped a horde of flesh-hungry mutants to bring you this PlayStation.Blog exclusive! *panting* But today we are proud to reveal the box art for The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut, the latest b-movie blood fest from SEGA and Headstrong Games.

The House of the Dead Overkill

We announced The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut just before E3 this year, and were amazed to see that there were so many who were eager to take aim at the mutant infection springing up in Bayou County. This is the first time we have released The House of the Dead on an HD console, and we feel that the PS3 is the perfect home for an arcade-style shooter like OVERKILL. With 3D and PlayStation Move support, two brand new scenarios added, and all seven stages of the original remastered, the ‘baddest’ just got bigger! We are really working hard to make this the best in the series to date.

The House of the Dead OverkillThe House of the Dead Overkill The House of the Dead Overkill

These posters and our box art pay homage to our signature retro b-movie look, and hopefully you recognized the legendary Agent G and Detective Washington. This time around, we also wanted to give Varla Gunns a bit more top billing, so she became the headline character on the box art. This is no fluke however, she plays a bigger part in this Extended Cut and we’ll have more details on this soon. Exclusively for you PS blog followers, we are also releasing some fresh screenshots and the fact sheet detailing all the new features of The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut.

The House of the Dead OverkillThe House of the Dead Overkill

The House of the Dead OverkillThe House of the Dead Overkill

The House of the Dead OverkillThe House of the Dead Overkill

List of PS3 exclusive features:

• PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
  • OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition, with stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
  • Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
  • Exclusive crossbow weapon
  • New baby mutant type
  • New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
  • New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
  • Exclusive Missing Reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
  • Online leaderboards to track high scores and player statistics
  • Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
  • New PlayStation Trophies to unlock
  • Improved boss fights in all levels
  • New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
  • And more still to come!

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut will be releasing exclusively on PlayStation 3, and will be available in stores across North America on October 25, 2011. We will be revealing more details in the near future so keep it tuned to the PlayStation Blog and our official game page. You can also keep up with SEGA via Facebook and Twitter.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Butters360 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

Sweet! Another Sharp Shooter title :)

+ RocketJohnson on July 14th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

Are there any multiplayer aspects of this game. A mode you can play with your friends online?

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on July 14th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

Wish I could answer that now, but right now, we just have to wait and see. :)

+ pitythefool852 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:13 am said:

Why wasn’t this a Move launch title :)

House of the Dead + Move + 3D = instant purchase

I wish we could get a few arcade and PSone/PS2 light gun classics on Move too (Point Blank anyone?)… as this generation is seriously lacking when it comes to gun games.

+ pitythefool852 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:15 am said:

Can someone tell me how to get my premium avatar back? It’s there on the PS3, just not on the blog :(

Now I just look like those trollers with their new unavatared accounts :(

David Bruno's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 14th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

I see it now. Cat, right?

+ reson8er on July 14th, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

I’ve been a long time HotD fan, and was pretty envious when the title originally came out. Needless to say, I’m pretty psyched its finally coming to PS3. Thanks for bringing this to us, I already pre-ordered :D

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on July 14th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

Thanks for your support, much appreciated! Believe it or not, the pre-orders really do help.

+ thundercat17 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

i love you sega

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 14th, 2011 at 7:20 am said:

I appreciate the Sharpshooter compatibility, please make sure there are no weird actions like “Shake the move controller!” which are difficult to perform with the Sharpshooter. Thanks.

+ DShin1028 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

I am definitely going to buy this. Thanks, can’t wait!!!

+ pitythefool852 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

Are there any plans for a re-release of Virtua Cop: Elite Edition and/or Virtua Cop 3 on PS Move?

I never go to arcades anymore, but I have great memories of those games. If they were on PS3 I would also buy them without a second thought

+ chemerie on July 14th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

FINALLY!! A Housee of The Dead game for PS3. This was long overdue. But why couldm’t it have been Housee of The Dead 4 or any of the past arcade versions? Will SEGA ever release HOTD4 on the PS3 or maybe an HD compilation of the past arcade versions, maybe even put them up on the PS Store?

+ Hellman on July 14th, 2011 at 7:29 am said:

Awesome me and my girlfriend will have fun with this game using the Move controller! Keep adding more Move titles my controller is getting dusty.

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on July 14th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

She’s a keeper!

+ BBCyn on July 14th, 2011 at 7:30 am said:

This was the only game that made me keep a wii for about a year then I let it go. I can’t wait for this outside having to by a move setup. so I hope there is a move bundled with the game as an option.

+ pitythefool852 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:31 am said:

@chemerie

HOTD 4 really should be on PS3

It’s a brilliant game, but it can be very unforgiving

+ Hellman on July 14th, 2011 at 7:33 am said:

pitythefool852 You need to sign out and sign back into this website. The same thing was happening to me I just fixed it.

+ SirTrigalot on July 14th, 2011 at 7:33 am said:

looking forward to this one.

+ rcrsuper on July 14th, 2011 at 7:33 am said:

nice great game for the sharpshooter

+ thaSLAB on July 14th, 2011 at 7:35 am said:

Niiiiice! :)

+ DeathGazer on July 14th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

My favorite Wii game by far. Looks like I’m double-dipping :)

+ Hellman on July 14th, 2011 at 7:49 am said:

David Bruno bring out more light-gun games like this for PS Move its a perfect match!

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on July 14th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

I couldn’t agree with you more! I I’ll keep pushing, you guys keep playin’. :3

+ Mobius2525 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:49 am said:

okay will buy this.

+ RoddMorT on July 14th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

This game for Wii was one of my favorite!!! Maybe a reason for me to get a MOVE set ;)

+ GT-420 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

Is the game compatible with other peripherals besides the sharpshooter, like the pistol thingy that came out when The Shoot launched?

+ ajayghosal on July 14th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

price , standard move game price at 39 ?? or 59 standard game price ??
also can the game be played with a controller like no more heroes for example?
thanks

+ Korbei83 on July 14th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

Man, my cousin is going to eat this up. I will inform him in haste.

+ LIJ_JON09 on July 14th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

i wonder how its going to look in 3d????????????????????

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on July 14th, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

Picking this up =)

+ flamedragon515 on July 14th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

Eh, I prefer the old classic controller, but hell, seems like a good shot to try. (No pun intended.)

+ pitythefool852 on July 14th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

@Hellman

My cat’s back… thanks, hellman!

+ KidCommando on July 14th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

soooo buying this!

+ thedouce420 on July 14th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

This game was a blast on wii it looks amazing on the ps3.

+ Defenderzerg on July 14th, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Ah perfect i loved (and still do ;) ) The House of The Dead seires this is going to be kick ass!!

+ FORMIK on July 14th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

This will be a great game to play during Halloween. I’m looking forward to it.

Solid-Snake-Eyes, what games have you shake the controller? I only know of Dead Storm Pirates, but you move the controller in circles for that.

GT-420, there’s nothing to be compatible with for the pistol attachment since it just works with the Move buttons. The sharpshooter maps controls to it’s own buttons.

+ Zezzler on July 14th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

It’s good to see some new Move games! This game looks super awesome too!
It has perfect timing of coming out a few days before Halloween too~

+ KingKong80 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

Wish there were more move specific games instead of tacked on move controls

+ Headxploder on July 14th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

@ KingKong80
I agree, but this is good for people without Move, like myself lol

Greatly looking forward to this game.

+ xxnike629xx on July 14th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

what about giving us an HD remaster of:

House of the Dead
House of the Dead 2
House of the Dead 3

+ TomHoang on July 14th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

This game looks awesome! Will it also be compatible with the shooting attachment (the red gun)? I finally wanna get some use out of that thing :P

+ Falaut on July 14th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Yay, more Move shooting games! Please Sega/Sony, be sure to a separate algorithm (probably not the right term here) for both Move by itself and then Move with Sharpshooter. Playing Killzone3 is amazing with the sharpshooter but there is a problem with it loosing its centering. Now this isn’t an issue when using Move by itself and resting the move on your knee or something, but when you play with the sharpshooter you hold it up like a real rifle (at least I do) and when it looses centering its such a mood killer. I know games can tell if a sharpshooter is being used (Socom4) so please make this happen, or at least include it with all future Move/Sharpshooter releases.

Thought the Sharpshooter was a gimmick, even when I was at the store paying for it….boy was I wrong!!!!!

+ MALDINI-1985 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

day1 thank you sega, i’v been waiting for this game!! and congrats for the sonic 25th anniversary.
do i still can play the game without MOVE?
i have to get a MOVE soon.

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on July 14th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

Are you trying to make me feel older than I am? ;) It’s actually Sonic’s 20th Anniversary.
    AND, little known fact, but it’s also The House of the Dead’s 15th Anniversary! My, how the time just flies, right?

+ infamousXX87XX on July 14th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

I am definitely getting this. Love house of the dead

+ infamousXX87XX on July 14th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

BTW Sega give us Shenmue 3

+ phatmercado on July 14th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

Sweet. If this sells well, maybe we’ll get an HD collection…

+ nozomi429 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Extended cut? Dang. I’d totally buy this if I didn’t already have it on Wii. But I can’t pass up the extra levels… xD

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on July 14th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

Not to mention a laundry list of other new features, PS3 Trophies, and modes!

+ TomHoang on July 14th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

I agree with Falaut. I hate how in shooting games, the target always seems to aim towards the right of where I am aiming.

+ TheGuardianFID on July 14th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

Sweet, sounds great thanks!!! 8)

+ joostin on July 14th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Day 1 buy for sure! Now we just need a PSN version of Vampire Hunters from PS2 remastered in HD with Move Support. I loved that game with the light gun! Please Sony….I’ve been good!

+ JaY_Ci_415 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

This is a great idea. Been wanting to use my sharpshooter for something else and this one looks fun.

+ Vengeance1138 on July 14th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

Will this title feature GunCon3 support?

+ NinjaBerd on July 14th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

With this amount of content Sega can not possibly justify a $60 or even $40 price tag. If this is $30 or less it will be a day one purchase for me. Now, if Sega can throw in some other HotD even if they are SD I might be more willing to shell out a few more bucks.

+ NOEX on July 14th, 2011 at 10:07 am said: