Bloodborne

Resistance 3 Public Beta Dates: Early Access Starts August 4th

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Jul 28, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

Many of you have been getting very excited about the chance to play Resistance 3′s competitive multiplayer modes online when the Resistance 3 Public Beta launches. Today, we’re happy to give some additional info about the launch dates for the beta.

For those of you who have received Early Access to the Public Beta via specially marked packages of SOCOM 4, we will be opening the beta to you at some point on Thursday, August 4th. Your existing codes will be able to be redeemed via the PlayStation Store and the Redeem Code button. PlayStation Plus subscribers in the U.S. will also be invited to join the beta beginning on August 23rd. If you’re a subscriber, all you’ll have to do is navigate to the PlayStation Plus section of the PlayStation Store to download the beta.

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

The Resistance 3 Beta includes two of our major maps in the game, the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, as well as a Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. The Public Beta includes two of our five multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch and Chain Reaction (the other three are Deathmatch, Breach, and Capture the Flag). You can level your character up, buy and upgrade weapons and abilities, customize your loadouts and unlock new character skins. We have capped the level in the beta at 20, so you won’t be able to get the full range of abilities, modes, maps, and weapons until the game launches in September, but we hope you enjoy this taste of the experience while helping us test our online infrastructure.

The beta will continue beyond the Early Access period, and we’ll be announcing additional ways to get in as we get closer to Resistance 3′s launch date. Can’t wait for Early Access? Some of our media partners will be giving out codes next week that will let you join the beta a couple of days early. We’ll also be giving out some early codes on our Twitter and Facebook account, so follow or Like us!

That’s all for now! We look forward to playing against you in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta next week.

111 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ xX_pedusky_Xx on July 28th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

-_- i have ps + on japanese account
whatever, ive already played it :D

+ KeefRiffards on July 28th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

Nice! Been waiting for this for hot minute!

+ Rival_31 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

I’m sad. I won’t be able to play the beta at all. Even though I’m buying the Doomsday Edition and the 3DTV version..

+ KeefRiffards on July 28th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

On a side note, anyone try the B:LA demo yet? I am too broke and/or stingy to shell out the bucks to buy the LE Blu-ray of a movie I am not even interested in, but I wish I could try out the demo. Oh well, August 4th is just around the corner, and September will be here soon enough. Until then I have Catherine, Section 8: Prejudice (A PSN release with a platinum trophy! Nice surprise on that one!), and a whole lot more. Can’t wait for the LBP2 Move pack as well….September through the holidays is one great release after another. Psyched is an understatement for how I am feeling.

+ neostardust on July 28th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

They had the beta on the jap server? And I’m getting the 3Dtv and the game itself, sorta dumb how they the TV is coming out at the end of november. I would think because it comes with Resistance 3 it could come out on the same day.

+ HeavenlySnipesx on July 28th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Oh :( I was under the impression that an open FREE beta would be available shortly after the SOCOM people get theres. I’m a huge resistance 2 fan, (never played RFOM online, but finished the story 4x with coop) but I guess I have to wait till release to try the MP this time around..

+ KeefRiffards on July 28th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Rival, why not? PS Plus is well worth the money in my opinion….if you don’t like any of the other features you can get the 3 month package (less than twenty bucks) and be able to join the fun before you get the full game. Just a suggestion.

+ SnDin9 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Nice! I’m hoping by the U.S. you guys mean North America. Having a BETA just for The States would be a little lame. Either way I look forward to it!

+ guitarded77 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

+ batzio1001 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

DAMN IT!! i will be off for vacation the whole August :(

+ Chessy_08 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

thank god they announced it for ps plus in us

+ x_Lava_x on July 28th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

I feel like they aren’t doing a great job with this game in N.A. No nice collector’s edition and the PS Plus beta not until the end of August? Seems kind of weird… Did they spend all of their marketing money on the Battle: L.A. thing? Oh well, I’ll still be buying it and playing the beta but I am a little disappointed with some things.

+ TheJLC on July 28th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

Hope I can get in.

+ Rival_31 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

@KeefRiffards:

I actually do have PS+ at the moment. I do plan on resubscribing but the time that it comes out for me is when I’ll be back to attending classes and probably a part time job. I was looking forward to early access for US Plus users but sadly no. :(

+ neostardust on July 28th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Let’s just hope Resistance 3 will be as good as Resistance 2 and 1.

+ Pro_Skillz_x on July 28th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

SWEET! Cant WAIT!!!!11

+ Pro_Skillz_x on July 28th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Where can i buy that 3DTV version?

+ ChaseHammerJ on July 28th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

Did i just see a Chimera crouching and hiding behind a wall?

Since when do they do that lol, They are always balls to the wall walking/running towards you.

+ KeefRiffards on July 28th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

@ Rival_31

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, it is a bit strange that the Plus users have to wait until just before the game’s release to be able to access the beta….oh well, at least the game’s release is right around the corner. ..and hey, I would MUCH rather be getting the 3D TV with the game, then get to play it early and not be able to get the TV. I want to get the TV but I can’t see shelling out the five big ones to do it, at least anytime soon. My girlfriend will probably strangle me in my sleep if I go out and buy that the day it comes out. Hahaha.

+ Zacky-V-A7X on July 28th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

HELLYEAH!!!!! cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ cman199 on July 28th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

SWEET I GOT THE EARLY ACCESS CODE FROM GETTING SOCOM 4!!!!! TO BE HONEST I TOTALLY 4GOT THAT THE CODE WAS IN THER!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO PLAYING THE ONLINE IT LOOKS LIKE IT MOVES REALLY FAST WITH MINIMUL COVER—- THATS MY TYPE OF ONLINE GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!

+ Play_4_blood on July 28th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

August 4th for people that bought Socom and August 23rd for PS + members?? So much for early access! Just when I was really thinking the $60 for PS + was starting to pay itself off. Seriously doubt I renew my subscription next year after this.

+ Shinmigami on July 28th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Any word on a co/op mode beta? me and the wife have been itching to play since resistance 2.

+ Laporta on July 28th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

+ Phillyblunz on July 28th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

To the devs:

The best thing about R2 was the coop campaign, you would be foolish to not include a mode similar to this.
My favorites were always the ones where everyone on my 8 man squad would die then I would more often then not revive them all and go on to help win the level.
This time we want to be able to create our own levels, pay attention to this very important factor.

The best thing about R1 was its serious tone and dark story, and of course the awesome/innovative weapons.
Lets get that reflection grenade back in there, and some glitter that heals team mates while injuring enemies.

From what I’ve seen so far R3 looks really slow, and kinda boring. Please make the harder difficulties have enemies which charge at you while defending themselves to really push the survival horror feeling.
From R2 coop those levels where suddenly you have 15 enemies charging you it always lead to many dead and guaranteed good times.

My moto is, “If I’m not dying, your not trying” Please consider this if not in the disc based game then the DLC.
The best games are the hardest games. If this game is “more accessable” with nerfed settings then it might as well be a pass.

+ Phillyblunz on July 28th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

I play R2 coop with my wife too, see devs you really hit something in R2, dont forget what makes games great, FUN!!!!!

+ Ratpatrol01 on July 28th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

PS VITA RAM Reduction? NO!!! why limit developers again! RAM of the PS Vita base model might have been halved, from 512MB to 256MB. Please tell me the quality of the software will not be hurt by this odd move on vita?

+ that-acmilan-guy on July 28th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

I love Betas, this is another reassurance that the final game will be that much better.

+ Ethereal on July 28th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Wooo! This beta better bring more attention to this brilliant game.

+ Ethereal on July 28th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

@Ratpatrol01 Wait until Sony officially announced specs before you complain. As far as I am concerned the capabilities of system so far are amazing and this is only first generation games we are looking at.

+ bakerarmy on July 28th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

I will check out the beta, but I would only buy this game for the single player story. So when are we getting a demo for the game?

I didn’t buy B:LA since it was garbage and a big waste of time for every one involved in it. But the box said the demo was time sensitive, so does that mean if you bought the movie, you are still waiting for the demo?

+ undertaker9999 on July 28th, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Does Canada be included with the US PS+ I better hope so

+ Fantasy_473 on July 28th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

I what we want is ffv and ffvi. we even have psn money reserved for them.

+ Detective-E on July 28th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. Ratpatrol.

+ CaptTM on July 28th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

Can’t wait =D

+ korgon117 on July 28th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

I gotta admit, I was skeptical of PS+ at first, but I decided to give it a go anyway and it has really been well worth the money. It’s given me amazing deals like the Borderlands bundle and free Stacking game, I’ve participated in two betas so far this year from PS+, Socom 4 and Uncharted 3, and now I get to try R3 as well! If I like what I play I will buy this at launch. I loved R1 and thought R2 was even better. I also think the PSP Resistance is seriously the best portable shooter I have ever played. Can’t wait for Aug. 23!

+ marlyt on July 28th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

@ bakerarmy– I bought the movie for the demo and have played it 4 times and it great. Not sure what time-sensitive means.

@ Rival31– Would you like a beta code. I have an extra. Let me know and I’ll send it to you.

+ Haskell420 on July 28th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

@MARLYT CAN I HAVE IT, i’D LOVE to take that code!! haskell420 on PSN!

+ Haskell420 on July 28th, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

Kinda shocked that those PS Plus members arent more ticked that they get the Beta 2 weeks later then SOCOM people

+ lisatsunami on July 28th, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

Hey, MOD: Are you allowing racial slurs on the blog now?

Because one slipped by your filter in the first few posts above.

+ bakerarmy on July 28th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Thanks for info, now here’s hoping they release the demo. I guess time sensitive meant the code is only good for so long. So if it ends up in the bargain bin the code will be expired.

+ marlyt on July 28th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

@ Aquastorm–please stop the spam on every board, loser.

@ Haskell–are you THE Haskell from PAIN? If he doesn’t check in within 15 minutes from now then it’s yours. I gottas give him/her a chance.

+ ENRICHOVEGA on July 28th, 2011 at 11:10 am said:

What’s the deal about having a Japan PS+ already playing the beta? I have a Japan PS+ and I haven’t seen it on the store. Somebody help a brother out…

+ NeonReaver on July 28th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

So is the “public beta” just for people who have bought Socom? I was planning on using the beta to decide whether I actually want this game or not. What with the omission of R2 style co-op and the online pass. This game has a lot going against it.

+ marlyt on July 28th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

@ 44

Me thinks he fibs.

+ marlyt on July 28th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Ok Haskell. I’m sending it to you now, well in a sec anyway. C ya there in about a week.

+ Haskell420 on July 28th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

@MarlyT,
Yeppers, I’m the one and only! Haskell…aka Hello Hello

+ Haskell420 on July 28th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

AWESOME! Thanks MarlyT………………. I went to the PAIN site the other day, and i usually go there a few times a week to see what’s going on. But w/ Travis being so busy the past few months, it’s so dead…lol..I think his last update was months ago.

+ marlyt on July 28th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Yes, sad. Did you see Travis doing that Ruin demo @ E3? Don’t forget to drop a few “novels” on the Ruin blog.

+ Haskell420 on July 28th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

OMG I felt bad for him during E3… he was ok, but too much hesitating, um, uhhh…like he didnt know the game took time ot load. or whatever…each time it did, he was thrown for a loop…….Many were hoping for a PAIN 2…which would be cool, then he can put my name in that game also, like he did on 2 of the ADD ON levles……always get a kick out of reading my name, and then hearing it during gameplay LOL..

PAGE 1 2 3