Driveclub

The PlayStation Recap — EVO 2011 Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 30, 2011 // Senior Manager, Social Media

This weekend, I’m on site at the “World Series of Fighting Games,” the EVO Championship Series, located in fabulous (chaotic, disorienting) Las Vegas! Top fighting game champions from around the world have gathered to duke it out in Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Tekken 6, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, plus a host of other niche fighting games, culminating in a nail-biting series of finals Sunday night. Luckily, PlayStation Home users can watch the battles live for free. Not a bad way to spend the weekend!

In addition to the competition, Capcom and Namco Bandai are showing off upcoming fighters such as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to the throngs of hungry fighting-game fans. I’m hoping to score some interviews with Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono and Tekken creator Katsuhiro Harada, among others. Keep your eyes peeled for the results this week on the PlayStation.Blog!

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

The Most-Watched Video of the Week: Naughty Dog’s UNCHARTED 3 Comic-Con Panel Highlights

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

+ Butters360 on July 30th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

Such an AMAZING week with all the Comic-Con panels. So many good times :)

I’m Playing: Prince of Persia (2008),

I’m Watching: Captain America. A great film if you haven’t seen it.

I’m Reading: The Dresden Files Book 14: Ghost Story.

I’m Listening to: Rise Against’s album “Endgame.”

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

I didn’t love Captain America, but it was solid. I’m still going with Thor as my all-time top comic book movie.

+ KeefRiffards on July 30th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

You da man Sid! Seriously, thank you for being responsive. More people in your field should take a cue from you. It’s always a pleasure seeing posts with your name underneath, because I know that we will get the straight facts. Rock on! I love my PS3, can’t wait for the coming months!

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Happy to be of service! ^_^

+ ABRipperXX on July 30th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Im Playing: Catherine, Borderlands Bundle, Outland.

Im Watching: Source Code, Captain America.

Im Reading: The Official Playstation Magazine.

Just Pre-Ordered Deus Ex: Human Evolution Augmented Edition(can’t wait, looks epic!).

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Cannot WAIT for Deus Ex. :)

+ KingDubin on July 30th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

I’m Playing: GT5, Shift 2: Unleashed, DiRT 3

I’m Reading: Nothing Worth Mentioning

I’m Watching: Again, Nothing Worth Mentioning

Oh, and speaking of watching, One of my biggest wishes finally came true on Thursday; “90210” FINALLY CAME TO THE PS STORE!!!!!! You finally listened to me! Just goes to show you that sometimes beggers CAN be choosers. ;-D

Sid, I can only hope you answer this, B/C Grace Chen will probably never answer this question, but do you happen to know if seasons 1 & 2 of “90210” are coming to the PS Store any time soon? Because I only started to watch the show regularly somewhere in the middle of last season, and I want to catch up. Can you please answer my question?

Thanks!

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Good question…and unfortunately one that’s way over my pay grade. It wouldn’t surprise me, given that they’ve added the later seasons. Stay tuned?

+ buenabena3 on July 30th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

yo sid any news about resident evil 4 like the price.

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Not yet! That’s usually figured out close to launch. That said, I’m dying to replay RE4 in HD :)

+ digitalman123 on July 30th, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

Nice week. Any words on what the Series 2 SEGA Vintage collection includes?

I’m playing: Alice: Madness Returns (almost at the plat), Mortal Kombat
I’m watching: Just finished seeing the Smurfs movie. 6 or 7 of ten. S’okay. Funny at parts
I’m reading: Batman graphic novels

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

No idea unfortunately, haven’t tried it myself. As for the Batman comics…which ones? :)

+ MeccaFlare0 on July 30th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Aw man i love Sully’s voice!
I’m playing: Mortal Kombat, inFamous 2, Golden Axe
I’m watching: Captain America
I’m reading: God of War DC comic series

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

How is that God of War series? I need to get on that….

+ PullusPardusUS on July 30th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

i like the idea of everyone sharing what they’re doing, so i’ll share mine as well :-)

I’m playing : Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) , Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) …. i’m trying to clear my huge backlog, and i’m doing it two games at a time

I’m Watching : Harry Potter (all)

I’m Reading : American Gods by Neil Gaiman

I’m Listening : Ninth by Peter Murphy , The Unforgiving by Within Temptation.

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

Thanks for sharing! And I really need to dig into Valkyria Chronicles

+ SpiritThief on July 30th, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

Playing: Borderlands *Siren
Watching: Futurama, Haven
Reading: Everything I can about DISGAEA 4.
Awaiting: ODDWORLD Stranger’s Wrath HD, Resident Evil 4 HD

I hope Stranger’s Wrath comes in Sept. That month will be a epic month of 4. Stranger’s Wrath is the fourth Oddworld game :D

The last time we saw this many 4’s we were hit a steady flow. DMC4, MGS4 and GTA4. I don’t think we can take it all in one month. But I still want it.

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

We should have a Disgaea 4 update for you soon!

+ TrinityKnight93 on July 30th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

Hay Sid can you tell me if there is a lot of move.me requests from college students and teachers or you guys do not send codes to IVY Tech emails for some reason because, I am a IVY Tech student that requested a code the day you guys posted about move.me and I still don’t have a code in my email.

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Hang tight, I’m sure the team is getting bombarded with requests so it might take a little time.

+ Valsang on July 30th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

I’m playing : MAG, Assassin’s creed brotherhood

I’m watching : Family Guy

I’m reading : My stuff for my exam this thursday

I look foward for next week to fully play while I will be in vacation

+ KILLZONE79 on July 30th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

Dont forget BlackOps DoubleXP WKND still going on

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

w00t w0000t!

+ rabidninjamonky on July 31st, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

I’m playing : dead nation, dead space extraction and burnout paradise. I’m watching : nothing really. Just watched splice though(crazy movie) Reading : nothing at the moment. Hoping to be playing : FF5, FF6, or chrono trigger this tuesday. Please get theses games on psn soon. We’ve waited long enough.

+ DeathGazer on July 31st, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Platinum’d inFamous 2 and finished Episode 4 of Tales of Monkey Island.

About to start Episode 5 of Back to the Future. I’m loving Telltale on PSN!

+ Sid Shuman on July 31st, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Nice job!

+ t55t4tt on July 31st, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

can we custom our cars

+ xXPrOdIgYXxPRxX on July 31st, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

Soy Lambe Tuerca Este Juego Esta Chingu jajaj que mal me va

+ CaptTM on July 31st, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Hey PS Blog team when will we hear more info about the PS3 official stereo headset on the blog?

+ Greek_God_Gr on July 31st, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

I’m Playing: Call of Duty Black Ops, Need For Speed HP, DiRT 3
I’m Watching: Scream 4, Harry Potter 7.2
I’m Reading:Nothing

+ CurseShooter on July 31st, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

I’m Playing: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Mortal Kombat, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Uncharted 2
I’m Watching: Captain America
I’m Reading: Nothing…
I’m Awaiting: Dark Souls, Battlefield 3 & Uncharted 3

+ judamasmasusa on July 31st, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3… I knew it, Capcom… why you keep doing that? Oh well, wake me up when you release “Super Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Arcade Edition GOTY Edition” in Greatest Hits cheaper line…

+ WelmoscaBR on August 1st, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

I’m Playing:Darksiders,Dead Nation,Dead Space 1 and 2,Tekken 6 and Uncharted 2.
I’m Watching:Iron Man 2,Naruto,Bleach,others…
I’m Reading:Mangas