PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Resistance 3 is Gold, Bonus Content on the Disc

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Aug 04, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

I’m here today to bring the news that Resistance 3 has gone gold, and has been delivered to manufacturing for its September 6th release date. Everyone here at Insomniac is excited for you to get your hands on the game we’ve been working so hard on for the last three years. Even now, our work isn’t complete, as we are actively working on the Online Beta, and will be bringing a Day 1 Patch to the game to bring updates and tweaks to the final product. The public beta begins today for folks who have codes from SOCOM 4, so we’re looking forward to fragging you online.

In celebration of our gold announcement, we wanted to give you the first look at a brand new gameplay trailer from Resistance 3. For those of you who have followed R3 since the announcement of the game at GamesCom last year, this trailer brings things full circle. I don’t want to spoil it, so take a look below:

Hope you enjoyed the trailer, and now that we’ve gone gold, we thought this would be a good time to mention that we’ve packed the disc full of extra goodies. When you pick up your copy of Resistance 3, you’ll also be getting access to playable PlayStation demos for titles like Killzone 3, MotorStorm Apocalypse (both in 2D and 3D!) and inFAMOUS 2, as well as a host of trailers and developer videos from some of your favorite PlayStation titles, including UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, Starhawk, God of War: Origins, and SOCOM 4. We’re also sprinkling in lots of content from our friends over at Sony Pictures and Sony Music, including movie trailers and music videos from leading artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Incubus, Foo Fighters, and AC/DC. So lots of good stuff to check out.

We hope you’re ready for the game’s launch on 09.06.11 and have got your copy pre-ordered! In the meantime, to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates about Resistance 3, be sure to follow us on Twitter or join the conversation at MyResistance.Net.

See you in the beta!

221 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 4th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

yeah ACDC! Ozzy \m/

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on August 4th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

why do euro ps plus owners get it before us us ps plus owners ?

+ PatriotEyez27 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

The only thing I don’t love is that it’s releasing the day I start college.

+ Xeerochild on August 4th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Any word on a Collector’s Edition? We could use something to sit next to our Chimera from Resistance 2…

+ mgsnull617 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:14 am said:

Hope it aint as generic as part 1

+ Dragonzblaze on August 4th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

viva la resistance

+ saintaqua on August 4th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

I appreciate patches…but day one patches always annoy me.
I hope it isn’t a large one. :)

+ ChrisMichaels04 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

@mgsnull617
you thought Resistance was a “generic” game? whats your idea of groundbreaking? COD#17?

+ ck2875 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Maybe it’s just me, but that ‘Bonus Content’ sounds a lot like you’re simply spamming us with advertisements.

+ jgnyy32 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

Already have this reserve now i am just counting the days until it comes out. Great job insomniac!!!

+ Battlepope190 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

Wasn’t too impressed with the MP beta, but I’m really lookin forward to playing the single player.

+ Schobeleth on August 4th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

WHY is only Europe getting the survival edition?? It’s not fair :( All we get is the Move bundle, I already have a Move and I just want all the amazing goodies that only EUROPE is getting. I’m still getting this game on day one but it makes NO sense to only let Europeans get that CE.

+ remanutd5 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:32 am said:

loving the beta !!!! and i loved the demo too , i pre ordered it and paid off yesterday , cant wait !!! and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One will be my next purchase after R3

+ remanutd5 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

will Resistance psvita be a launch title ? now that sony has said that vita is coming out next year i think they should at least add more launch first party games

+ vanwinkle on August 4th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Umm, I thought you meant by bonus content like, I don’t know, making-of videos and things like that. Will that be on there?

+ eilegz on August 4th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

too bad this game come with an online pass, im boycotting all this kind of games…

+ reson8er on August 4th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

A little over a month away! Congrats on completion and the final push. I’ll be there day one.

+ blakseed on August 4th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

Fully paid for and really to go.

+ Gekidami on August 4th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

I’d rather the disc be packed with content for this game rather than others. How much space is going to demos and trailer which could have gone towards, say more multiplayer maps and content?

I really hope that the game itself isnt barren in terms of content, because now you’ve got no excuse.

+ Hellman on August 4th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

Sweet game is looking great glad you all decided to go with 16 players. The matches will be more intimate with teammates opposed to large number of players. Looking forward to trying out the beta soon!

+ BlindsideDork on August 4th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

As #19 Gekidami said…

All those demos and videos, is this confirming that Insomniac didn’t take full advantage of the disc space? Should I expect a heavyily story driven game that doesn’t last long and reused levels? Please no!!!

+ Ethereal on August 4th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Congratulations to everyone on the dev team. Going gold is a great milestone. I already have my copy preordered although I am very sad to hear that the game is not getting a true collectors edition. The survival edition EU is getting would have been great to bring to the american fans Sony. But, it’s okay. I am glad that we are getting such a phenomenal title regardless. Day one. Keep up the good work and thanks for drain my bank account this year ;)

+ Superstrokey1123 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

This game looks just fantastic but i simply cannot support the online pass. Shame as i have LOVED this series and this one looks to be the best. Maybe when its a greatest hit i will grab it.

+ MER2090 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Looks interesting

+ NiteVersions on August 4th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

PSN Pass = No buy.

+ Superstrokey1123 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

@25

Same here, PSN pass is something i cannot support and no one else should either unless teh game is cheaper than regular

+ Zacky-V-A7X on August 4th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

+ BlindsideDork on August 4th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

What’s funny is the people with beef with PSN Pass are the people who have to pay for it. I’d much rather get a FREE online pass to play online for games I like than pay an extra $40+ a year to play games online. It only really affects people who buy used games or pirate games.

+ BigBoss712 on August 4th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

Gonna be fun alright, downloading the beta atm, great trailer too.

+ M-Easy on August 4th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Will the PS3 3DTV bundle with R3 release the same day on 9/6? That’s the one I want buy.

+ Battlehead on August 4th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

You people against the PSN Pass are children, so you won’t buy a game because they give you the pass with it? Are you too cheap to buy it new, or is that $5 cheaper price is what you like?

+ Superstrokey1123 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

@28 and 31

Its the principle of the matter, i dont buy used games at all but gamers need to make a stand and get game companies out of their wallets. It shouldnt make a difference who is playing the game on other end.

+ Myke-Myke on August 4th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Tried 10 ten times to play 1st match today and every time it says “Server Timed Out”.

Hope the game won’t be like this @ launch.

+ Cobra1 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

With all that added fluff in the guise of “bonus content” (which is already on PSN), the game itself can’t be very big. How long is the campaign? Add the PSN Pass onto that and it looks like I’m getting ripped off all the way around.

+ deltakong on August 4th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Awesome trailer, I downloaded the beta this morning and its awesome, but Im wondering where capelli’s sledge hammer is. Was it nixed or have you guys just not shown it to us yet?

+ StealthReborn– on August 4th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Will there be a single player demo available before launch?

+ Chase167 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

great to see the game is done
and for all the people who’s saying PSN Pass = No buy.
you weren’t going to buy the game anyway
so your money will not be missed. go pay for xboxdead

+ GeneralChaz9 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

I am going to DL the beta today I think I may pick up R2 if its good. For some reason I want this…weird…maybe Insomniac is convincing! Plus I havent picked up one of their games for a while…

+ ballagh on August 4th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

I am looking forward to this game but have the following concers.
1. Is the campaign short? ie too much space for other things “Gold Edidtion Demos”? that we have already played and are availabe in the PS store.

2. IS the game polished? You are already talking about a day 1 patch. WHy wasnt it tested more before now? We are getting tired of these hot patches when we get home from a midnight launch to play and have to wait to DL. I pay you for a complete working game, that is what I expect.

3. Why no survivor edition for the US? I have had the move since day 1 and the sharpshooter since KZ3, and it is not that fun to play with.

4. Looking forward to the 3D. Hoping it surpasses everything else to date.

Good luck

+ DOOMkillz on August 4th, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

So when will us Plus members be able to play the beta!??

+ ICU-KILLA on August 4th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Fully paid on and ready to go I wish i had one of them codes to get me in early but its all good .

+ saab01 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

What is this i hear about if we buy the game used we have to pay 10 dollars to access the online play???????

+ Chase167 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

@ ballagh day 1 patch IS FOR ONLINE
every game gets patch.
balancing , fixing cheating etc

+ MikeScorpion14 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

Why are there gonna be demos on games that we have most likely already tried out?
How about demos for games that are still yet to come out (Starhawk)?
I appreciate the effort to give more because R3 has gone gold, but it does seem like you are trying to spam us with advertisements, just like “ck2875″ said.

How about instead of all that spam, just give us free avatars and themes (dynamic) from R3?
Thank you anyway, I pre-ordered a long time ago.

+ Chase167 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

@saab01 buy the game new and worries

+ KillaPigeon on August 4th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

The “Bonus content” does seem to be more marketing than actual bonus content, thought with that said I’m very interesting in the developer diary’s that come pre-packed.

To those saying that aren’t going to buy this title because it has the PSN pass.
Firstly, do you even know how the PSN Pass works? Let me break it down, you buy the game new the pass is free, buy it used then you pay for the pass. EA, THQ and Rockstar have been doing this for over a year now, Sony has just caught up.
Second, where have you guys been, we gamers have been getting screwed over for a long time now, just look at DLC most of it is utter nonsense. Not to mention some pre-order bonuses and collectors editions.

Anyway congratulations to Insomniac Games for making it again

+ GILLIGAN- on August 4th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

so the disc is filled with a ton of ads?

+ DarkGravity47 on August 4th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

Is there going to be any bonuses for having trophies for resistance 2 for part 3. Sort of what Infamous 1 did with part 2 were you got bonuses

+ pickupdoctor on August 4th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

I am super excited for this game. I can’t wait to play the demo and then get the game.

+ Voidance on August 4th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

The buggy beta really turned me off the game (I know betas are unfinished and do not represent the full game, etc.).

PAGE 1 2 3 5