Uncharted 4

Coming to PS Vita – Resistance: Burning Skies, Escape Plan, Assassin’s Creed, FIFA, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Skype

Al De Leon's Avatar + Posted by Al De Leon on Aug 16, 2011 // Sr. PR Manager, SCEA

For those of you who are unable to attend gamescom, we are excited to bring you the latest PS Vita news updates directly from the SCE Europe press conference in Cologne, Germany. In addition to the social features previously announced, PS Vita users will also be able to download dedicated applications for Facebook, foursquare, Skype, and Twitter free of charge directly from the PlayStation Store.

Facebook for PS Vitafoursquare for PS Vita

Skype for PS VitaTwitter for PS Vita

Resistance fans will be happy to hear that the signature PlayStation franchise will join the PS Vita software lineup with Resistance: Burning Skies, a new Resistance experience developed specifically for PS Vita that takes full advantage of the system’s dual analog sticks and features an all-new hero and story written by William C. Dietz, author of Resistance: The Gathering Storm and Resistance: A Hole in the Sky.

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita

Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita

SCEE also announced a brand-new title: Escape Plan, a ‘touching adventure’ where you use touch controls to guide our newest characters “Lil” and “Laarg” through a dark labyrinth of puzzles and traps.

Our publishing partners also unveiled some big news at gamescom: Ubisoft will launch a brand-new Assassin’s Creed for PS Vita, and EA Sports is bringing FIFA, the world’s most popular sports title, to the platform. As we mentioned at E3, the biggest and best games are coming to PS Vita, and today’s announcements further confirm that promise.

Please stay tuned as we bring you more updates from gamescom in Germany, and let us know what new titles and applications for PS Vita you’re most excited about in the comments below.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Brandon_2535 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

Game looked really awesome!

+ TruRage on August 16th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

Sweet! I can see my facebook wall spammed with playstation vita games/comments.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on August 16th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

I want Resistance and Escape Plan, but not that reality fighting one.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on August 16th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

Oh yeah I’ll get Assassin’s Creed also.

+ Destiny89 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

Wish if vita was coming this year, i want it

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

so when is vita coming out again?

+ zaca21 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

awww im second

by the way will this be day 1

+ BuchNasty on August 16th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Release date on that vita boys? Making me nervous it won’t be here before christmas..

+ zombie9 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

To bad Santa will not have any vita in his bag this year.

+ Teflon02 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

im happy for skype and facebook, twitter is okay, nnever heard of 4 square lol. but i really wanted to hear netflix is on it.. seeing this was a euurope thing i shouldnt expect to hear anything close to that

+ dragonmagician on August 16th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

Sounds amazing…but we need to know the release date!!

+ bluekamikaze0807 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

It’s looking pretty sweet hope to see more RPGS soon.

+ Type-F- on August 16th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Put it up on the pre-order play list so i can get it too :D

+ Emerald_Swords on August 16th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

Sweet!

+ chaoszero14 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

Resistance Burning Skies looked stunning. The PS Vita has features I have been dreaming on coming to the PS3 like Facebook, Twitter, and Skype.

Al De Leon's Avatar

+ Al De Leon on August 16th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

Cool, glad you liked what you saw!

+ Ivan_MF on August 16th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

So Vits is getting cross game voice chat through Skype? That`ll get some people nerves!

ˆˆ

Al De Leon's Avatar

+ Al De Leon on August 16th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

PS Vita actually will have a native application called Party that enables you to voice/text chat with others while playing different games or using different applications like the browser.

+ BJtheLegend on August 16th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

PS VITA= DAY ONE.

+ colonel005 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

Why haven’t they shown the features, OS, media, packaging, etc for Vita? The have mention LiveArea, and features like Near, but they haven’t been actually shown in detail.

+ GamerMoney on August 16th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

great games…great apps…thanks for distraction :D https://casting.thetester.com/playaplus

+ chawaa on August 16th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

uncharted and fifa are launch titles for me

+ burningwind on August 16th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

There are other soccer titles? Thought Fifa was the only one left anymore.

+ gor1llap1mp on August 16th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

@ zaca21 How does it feel to SO NOT be second or FIRST for that matter?

+ Ethereal on August 16th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

Already preordered my 3G. Keep the steam rolling. I expect to hear that the next PS3 firmware update will include alot of new features to coincide with the release of Vita next year. Sony, keep up the good work for your loyal fans.

+ The-CoD-FatherZX on August 16th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

This is gonna be awesome, Uncharted 3 blew me away and the after the price cut announcement i fainted, hopefully PS3 will beat a certain console by the end of the year and become number 2 very soon.

+ maxvtec on August 16th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE RELEASE DATE FOR THE VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Permafry_42 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Where’s a insomniac game or a thatgamecompany game? so far i’m still more interested in the 3ds line up. especially since I’m able to play it!

+ SPOPS on August 16th, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

What about on the PS3????

+ Permafry_42 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

and btw by insomniac game i mean a ratcher and clank or spyro game made by insomniac. i prefer their platformers over their shooters, and besides lbp it looks like vita doesn’t have any platformers (uncharted is a tps; not a platformer). I want more platformers for psv!

+ lisatsunami on August 16th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

Loved seeing more on the Vita. Yes, getting the Vita Assassins Creed. Hell, I’ll get any AC, so Ubi keep it coming! Might get the Resistance Vita.

It was interesting to see how the Euro Sony folk present things differently from us. Not just their style, but what they choose to emphasize for their audience.

Now, please stream the Tokyo Game Show. That will be most awesome yet. We’ll need English subtitles of course.

+ Ivan_MF on August 16th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

@maxvtec

ARE YOU ASKING QUESTIONS!!!!

+ Hollow19 on August 16th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

wait hold on….. a new AC title or the first game FOR ps vita….i know it says “brand-new” ….

+ megamixer on August 16th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

Coming to PS Vita: AAA game IPs shoveled off to second tier developers for handheld spinoffs.

It truly is the successor to the PSP!

+ maxvtec on August 16th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

YESSSSS!!!!!!

Water got spilled on my keyboard so the other symbol is now kicking in lol

+ Kirkpad on August 16th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

Great news, I was hoping Skype wouldn’t be omitted.

+ FredNation on August 16th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

We need applications for our PS3′s too you know! :(

+ Ivan_MF on August 16th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

@maxvtec

Hahaha, sorry about that.

Precise release hasn`t been confirmed, i guess…

+ The-CoD-FatherZX on August 16th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

@Maxvtec Vita will be released early 2012 for US and Europe.
Late 2011 for Japan.

+ ArchAngelMai on August 16th, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

Yay, now I can spam not just PS3 Trophies and purchases on facebook, but from my Vita as well :) An incentive to buy the WiFi model. But how much will the service plan cost, no word on that yet, and I won’t pay $30 just for my Vita when I already do for my Droid 3.

+ boxmyth on August 16th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Already pre-ordered my 3G Vita (and Uncharted) in full. Can’t wait!

+ remanutd5 on August 16th, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

man Resistance looked good but Escape plan looked GREAT !!!!!! cant wait to play both

+ Sub-Zero on August 16th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Why can vita do cross game chat but Ps3 cannot? I wish Sony would just come clean and tell us we will not get it until Ps4. Apparently they cannot do it with current hardware and dont want to admit it.

If this is the case…It is what it is…..but damn at least tell us :(

+ marlyt on August 16th, 2011 at 12:29 pm said:

Rumor mill says that it will be February/March 2012 for USA and Europe. Sucks that they’ve never dealt straight with us on the delay here on the blog. Not one single mention of the delay. Yet Sony has confirmed to other news outlets that Japan will be the only region getting it in 2011. Sorry for the rant but I want to be dealt with straight and it should be here first, not Kotaku confirming it with Kaz Hurai (sorry if I spelled it wrong). I give a lot at the altar of Sony and so do others so shoot straight with us, please.

+ marlyt on August 16th, 2011 at 12:36 pm said:

@ Sub-Zero

Doesn’t it make sense that if they were to do it on PS3 that every game released would need a patch for functionality? Devs are not going to do this because it costs money and they’ll make $0.00 on X game chat. Seems like a pointless feature to me but that’s just my opinion. I don’t see how it would be possible on PS3 but Sony does some cool amazing stuff. I’d move on and look for it on Vita and PS4 and be happy without it for now.

+ ItaChu on August 16th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

I need to see a video of someone using the PS Vita FROM POWER ON TO POWER OFF!! Please Sony make an interface video!! PLEASE I NEED IT

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 16th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

lol PS VITA use SKYPE BUT NOT MY PS3?????? wtf?

+ plaztiksyke on August 16th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

will the Skype client for Vita include conference (multi-video) support? will it operate over 3G? also, when will the PS3 finally get a Skype client?

lastly, How Much Memory (RAM) is in the VIta??? I’m not pre-ordering until I find out the details of the RAM size and speed.

thanks!

+ remanutd5 on August 16th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

Al de leon can you talk more about the web browser ?

Al De Leon's Avatar

+ Al De Leon on August 16th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

Hi remanutd5, we’ll have more details to share about the browser as we lead up to launch. Stay tuned…

+ plaztiksyke on August 16th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

also, very curious about the technical qualities of the camera. if the camera is better than the PS Eye in resolution and/or sensor noise, I would buy a VIta just to have a replacement for my PS Eye.

+ Sub-Zero on August 16th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

@marlyt

That very well be the case…i dunno. Even if the function only worked with games going forward i would be ok with that.

Regardless this is a feature which people ask for …probably more then anything else. As i said if it cant be done, fine. But dont let ppl continue to beg for it , knowing full well you have no intention or ability to do it.

+ erick_34 on August 16th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

Resistance: Burning Skies = Day one. Can’t wait for Dead Island and Resistance 3!!

Resistance is my favorite Franchise. I love the history, the campaing, the gameplay, the multiplayer, i love everything.

Good day everyone. ^_^