Final Fantasy XV

Aug 17

Aug 17

WipEout 2048 Bringing the Birth of Anti-grav Racing to PS Vita

James Gallagher's Avatar Posted by Blog Manager, SCEE

The WipEout series is synonymous with PlayStation hardware launches and so there’s a warm feeling of familiarity to knowing that WipEout 2048 is coming to PlayStation Vita during the launch window.

The game focuses on the birth of Anti-grav racing and the Liverpool Studio team is keen to focus on how the architecture of the futuristic city shapes both look and gameplay. I caught up with Graeme Ankers and Stuart Tilley out in the sunshine between presentations.

It’s fantastic to see a new WipEout game on its way, particularly one that is looking to take the series in a new direction. We already know that it will support cross platform play allowing Vita and PS3 players to go head-to-head online and I’ve just learned that the soundtrack – a vital ingredient in the WipEout DNA – features new remixes of Underworld and Leftfield tracks from the original game, as well as a new track from Deadmau5.

Can’t wait!

Add Your Own

Robbie_G_lrish said:

August 17th, 10:27 am

This video is private…

G-Force08 said:

August 17th, 10:37 am

Deadmau5?

Well, I was already planning on getting this game along with the Vita, but if there is a soundtrack sold separately, I would get it just to hear his track. Deadmau5 has some of the best tunes spinning on the 1s and 2s.

TarzanSr said:

August 17th, 10:54 am

Finally they use YouTube for ebeding videos rather then that other random site! Looks awesome!

SpiritThief said:

August 17th, 11:25 am

So can I play this on the PS3 too? Will a Vita be required?

Or is 2048 a expansion pack for HD or a stand alone? It going to take more for the Vita to equal a buy for me. I need new RPGs and the cross platform is helping. But no one mentions if these games are buy one it works for both *so your required to have a Vita linked to your PS3. Or if they are two different versions.

Just give me more Wipeout HD I love it. More tracks new or remade I don’t care.

boxmyth said:

August 17th, 11:32 am

Looking forward to this, but I just hope they don’t repeat those weird modes they put into Wipeout Fury. I stopped playing when those modes appeared.
Just stick to racing fast. That’s what Wipeout is.

CaruthK said:

August 17th, 11:36 am

This sounds Sweet. I’ve played every WipEout game. Please Please Please put I Remember by Deadmau5 & Kaskade I love that song Plus all the others. If it has Custom Soundtrack Like WipEout Pulse did for PSP I’ll add them myself.

P.S: Don’t make the Trophies as hard as WipEout HD I still ant platinum it yet.

Enigma777 said:

August 17th, 12:25 pm

God, I love me some Wipeout, and this one looks absolutely stellar!

remanutd5 said:

August 17th, 12:27 pm

cant wait to play it !!!!!

Feisar said:

August 17th, 12:45 pm

This is gonna be THE SHIZ ! WHOOO!

Feisar said:

August 17th, 12:50 pm

So here is a question – if we’ve got VITA vs. PS3 racing, who’s getting the extra tracks to race with? The PS3 version getting 2048 tracks or vice versa? Or *gasp* both?

Also, is this a Japanese launch title so I can import it? ;)

MatheAdi said:

August 17th, 12:57 pm

I’m really excited for this game!!!! Wipeout HD was so good, this will be more than 2x as awesome!

lxcainxl said:

August 17th, 12:57 pm

You know,
I’d be happy with addon packs for Wipeout HD that simply gave us the levels and races from the old games: Wipeout, Wipeout XL, & Wipeout 3.

Things seemed better when they were still Psygnosis. :`'(

materclobber said:

August 17th, 1:14 pm

CAN’T FOR PS VITA AND WIPEOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Playstation vita will change playstation history! I have wipEout HD/Fury and love the game although it’s a hard game if you are a rookie/beginner.

Budapesti said:

August 17th, 1:25 pm

I remember buying WipEout along with my original Playstation on launch day back in England. WipEout Pure was the first game I bought on PSP. WipEout HD is probably the best looking game on PS3.

This is a must purchase for me.

Jonny-man said:

August 17th, 2:01 pm

Ahhh, Vita. Looks so awesome. Cannot wait.

BlackIceJoe said:

August 17th, 2:48 pm

I can’t wait to play this. I just hope after this game out that SCE Liverpool will make other games from their Psygnosis days. Like a new Colony Wars.

CASTRADOMIS said:

August 17th, 3:14 pm

How will cross platform play work? Will the 2048 tracks be released for HD Fury? If not how will it work?

Also, no unnecessarily hard trophies this time k?

BrodiMAN said:

August 17th, 3:19 pm

I freaking love Wipeout!!!! This series was bliss under Psygnosis, but it’s downright orgasmic with Studio Liverpool on it.

YESSSS!!!11!!1!!11

JEC94 said:

August 17th, 4:43 pm

cool

Charles_Surge said:

August 17th, 7:52 pm

Hey Studio Liverpool, thanks for your work to get the frame rate on 2048 as good as possible for launch! We love ya.

crowsticky1234 said:

August 17th, 8:21 pm

So hearing about a online campaign and a ghost challenge, I’m very interested in this game and the developers seem to like what Vita is capable of. About the weapon slot, are they saying I can store as many weapons depending on the company I choose like AG Systems or Piranha etc.? If yes, how much can you store? Great Interview.

Budapesti said:

August 18th, 1:24 am

@BrodiMAN I believe Studio Liverpool actually ARE Psygnosis. They changed their name sometime after Sony bought the developer.

WelmoscaBR said:

August 18th, 12:24 pm

when I get my hands on Vita I’ll get wipeout for sure.

ratsmart9242 said:

September 14th, 4:28 pm

I am a huge fan of WipEout, Can’t wait to play it!!