PS4 - Destiny

House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut – Creeping Flesh Level Reveal

David Bruno's Avatar + Posted by David Bruno on Aug 30, 2011 // Public Relations Representative, Tozai Games

Not content with simply revealing the first exclusive level for the PS3 release of The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut, I’m back to give you the scoop on the second one too. Set in the cosy confines of an slaughterhouse taken over by a meaty disease of sorts, Creeping Flesh delivers you more of the additional awesome content we’ve lovingly added to the extended, and definitive, edition of OVERKILL.

House of the Dead: OVERKILL - Extended Cut – Creeping Flesh Level Reveal

We pick up the story with Varla and Candy again, and this time circumstances lead them to the local slaughterhouse. I’m not going to spoil any of the story or the details around what leads them there, but let’s just say it’s the standard House of the Dead fare; there are guns, motives of revenge and mutants galore, all wrapped up with grindhouse styling.

House of the Dead: OVERKILL - Extended Cut – Creeping Flesh Level Reveal

As you can see from the above image, there is something of a meaty infestation starting to take hold inside the building, and internally we’ve affectionately referred to this as the meat wall (there is also a meat tunnel later in the level, so that’s something to look forward to). Varla and Candy find themselves fighting amongst this meat wall, and as they proceed through the ‘meat factory’ they’ll be forced to take action against the new mutants shown above too. These mutants take the expression ‘meat shield’ to a new level, seeing as the additional flesh they’re lugging around makes them slightly more impervious to gunfire than your standard mutants.

House of the Dead: OVERKILL - Extended Cut – Creeping Flesh Level RevealHouse of the Dead: OVERKILL - Extended Cut – Creeping Flesh Level Reveal

I also wanted to give you a sneak peak at the level boss, which is one of the most horrid creations I’ve ever seen in a House of the Dead title. Meat Katie is a savage hybrid of mutant and…cow. Yes, cow. I can only imagine where all that anger has come from, but my personal belief is that she’s harnessing the powers of all the lost cow souls from within the slaughterhouse. Don’t mock, you come up with better. J

Anyway, Meat Katie is armed with a massive cleaver, and has a nasty habit of flinging large chunks of meat at her intended victims; I imagine Varla and Candy have had plenty of practice avoiding unwanted meat, so it’s probably not too much of an issue for them. In other words, you’re going to need good reflexes, steady aim, and perseverance, because this melee monster is going to take a lot of bullets until she’s beaten.

I hope this serves to only get you more excited about this exclusive PlayStation Move title, and confirm just how much effort the team at Headstrong have put into making the game even more brilliant this time round. You’re in for a meaty treat later this year when The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut fires its way onto North American shelves October 25, 2011.

+ snake4308 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

it looks pretty fun for a rail shooter (they’re not my thing)

+ MPaullin on August 30th, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

Have it for Wii. Waiting to upgrade to this version. Must have for anyone who liked the arcade games.

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

This might be the first MOVE exclusive title I buy. Its lookin pretty awesome. Keep up the hard work

+ gamer_316 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

any Playstation Home rewards?

+ kono_324 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

well even though you didn’t put store update on blog i like 2 say thanks for finally putting Tidus Cloud and Zidane

+ NYPUNK88 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

damit Sony more zombies!

+ AJBS0NIC on August 30th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

WIN.

+ GamerMoney on August 30th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

day 1 buy for sure…never picked this up for wii in hopes that sony would get it https://casting.thetester.com/playaplus

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 30th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

online coop??? please answer!

+ DeviantBoi on August 30th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

I love these types of games! Already pre-ordered!

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on August 30th, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

Nice! Thanks DeviantBoi. And with that you are one step closer to making my Christmas card list. ;)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 30th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

co-op online would be a MUST BUY..but i highly doubt it will be..either way im getting it. PlayStation needs more games like these..i personally i dont like to move AND aim my character with the move controller gun :/ im hoping they bring back that other sniping game i cant remember at the moment..it had a blast with that one in the arcade era :p

+ RE_Player on August 30th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

I bought a Playstation Sharpshooter months ago in anticipation for this game. My body is ready.

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on August 30th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

Trust me when I say that the Sharpshooter is hands down, the best way to play this game! You’ll see a big Increase in your accuracy, and the controls are near seamless. :)

+ Mobius2525 on August 30th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

Sweet i always wanted to play this game.

+ Taco_Grande on August 30th, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

This game needs more cow bell.

+ rockinjs864 on August 30th, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

I have been wanting this but with it being 2011 and it has no Online Co-op It’s Kinda A Deal Breaker For Day One Purchase Maybe Get It When The Price Drops With All The Great Games Coming Out This Fall And This Title Not Having Online I Know It Will Hurt The Sales Of This Great Title

+ ModernYorkster on August 30th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

This looks really good, but i’m going to hold off until I read some reviews.

+ iTofuMan on August 30th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Will there be a bundle out for this game? I dont own MOVE as i really dont see any games i want for it to justify 100$, but i do love the “The House Of The Dead” series so i am interested, but to spend that much money on only this game seems a bit too much. although i have been wanting to play EyePet as well, so that 2 game.

+ xBarritx on August 30th, 2011 at 3:36 pm said:

Oct. 25 is so far away :( Can’t wait to try this game out.

+ Fear_Me_All on August 30th, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

finally something good to play for my PS3

thx Sony

+ crazy_kracker1 on August 30th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

oct 25th is the release date good luck with that. same day battlefield 3 comes out

+ JH-FallenReaper on August 30th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

flip battlefield 3 house of the dead 1st

+ poodude on August 30th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

Picking up the Resistance 3 Doomsday bundle which means I’ll be able to play this with the sharpshooter!

+ esornad on August 30th, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

Can’t wait!! The Wii version was such a disappointment. This will be a day 1 purchase for me. Now bring on more rail-shooters PS3 developers!! My wife and I love ‘em!

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on August 31st, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

Headstrong went through and completely overhauled this one. So don’t expect just another port like you’ll get with other games. ;)
    As we have seen so far: new levels, new characters, new mutants, new weapons, HD, 3D, trophies, etc.. They put a lot of love into HotD: OVERKILL – Extended Cut.

+ WastelandDan on August 30th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

Mmmm, zombies…I love this series. Looks fun.

+ ZOMBIE-PAPA on August 30th, 2011 at 11:53 pm said:

instant buy:D

+ Deathspear666 on August 31st, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Definately a buy…

+ ein_nineteenth on August 31st, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Interesting. I find this funny because I was planning to buy a Wii for some games- Just to see them show up on the PS3 a bit later. Granted, I liked House of the Dead more than No More Heroes. ( Played both on the Wii, NMH was boring on the Wii and it’s still boring on the PS3) House of the Dead on the other hand? I really liked that game.

I think I may finally break down and buy a move controller since it’s alot more durable than.. Well. Every light gun since the Konami Justifer and Namco Light Guns have always been terrible for people who stronger than a 10 year old.

Damn it guys, stop making me give you all my money.

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on August 31st, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Wow, you just made a flood of memories come rushing back. I played the bejesus out of Project Horned Owl with the Konami Enforcer (green light gun) back on the PlayStation. I’m tempted to break it out and play through it again.
    But, I definitely recommend scooping up a couple PS Move controllers, especially for HotD. It is like bringing the arcade arcade experience home. Wow, that sounded like a total pitch. Ha! Hope you pick the game up when it comes out on October 25.

+ WelmoscaBR on August 31st, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

awesome I’ll get more later

+ scorpio182 on August 31st, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

I’m always waiting for some great shooters for the move and when i heard about this game i was like WTF!!!

I have pre-ordered!!!!

Bring on the Zombies!!!

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on August 31st, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

Nice! Thanks for the pre-order. They really do help. :)

+ AceBeeDee on August 31st, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

this is some serious business going down with HOTD: Overkill, the most vulgar game i ever played! this halloween is gonna be a blast!!! and for those on the fence, hop on over cuz you’re gonna love it!!!!!

David Bruno's Avatar

+ David Bruno on August 31st, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

Maybe with two new levels we’ll raise that bar. >;3

+ Kirkpad on August 31st, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

Hmmm, I think this level is why it got in so much trouble in Australia!

;D

+ YungShep on August 31st, 2011 at 10:42 pm said:

PRE-OREDERED!!! 3D IS THE WAY TO GO. THANKS for adding it!

+ GuSTaVauM_OOO on September 2nd, 2011 at 12:16 am said:

Awesome! Thanks, Sony!
I’ll order it when I got some money, heh.